Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42321 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by rubi96(f): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
ikhane: Anyone here ever heard of Ese Peters?
hv listened to one of his songs titled omote, he sounded like john mayer

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6LFO8-IkKo

grin Love this Canadian band!

And here too v v v v

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Robbyotums(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2013
I love rock music. Its sunday and I'm listening to sunday rockers on peace 90.5 fm, Jos city right now. Lovely moment.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by 18wheeler: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2013
Robbyotums: I love rock music. Its sunday and I'm listening to sunday rockers on peace 90.5 fm, Jos city right now. Lovely moment.
Oh my....... now you make me feel homesick. Just left last week and it like the holiday shdnt end.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Maya2pretty(f): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
Uh! uh! Me! Me! I lovee rock so muchhhhhhh, not hard metal rock though angry
My favourite band is Maroon 5, Adam Levine is d best male vocalist in d worlddddddd grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
im all for gospel rock nd i kinda dig skillet with dia song comatose....making sense!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 26, 2013
miz tola: im all for gospel rock nd i kinda dig skillet with dia song comatose....making sense!
Lol... like those which glorify Gods. I think you will like Hillsong Christian Rock group. Their songs are weak to me. Hahaha....
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2013
all4naija: Lol... like those which glorify Gods. I think you will like Hillsong Christian Rock group. Their songs are weak to me. Hahaha....
what do u mean by weak?? I see alot of folks on dis thread really love dia songs
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 7:18am On Feb 27, 2013
miz tola: im all for gospel rock nd i kinda dig skillet with dia song comatose....making sense!
I love Skillet,...,i rather listen to Casting Crowns and lifehouse on sundays cheesy..have you listened to Skillet- Open Wounds?..i don't get their message there..it's 'wounded' grin
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 27, 2013
@[Fourcade]
..why sundays?? I like lighthouse tu(used tu ve varieties of gospel rock songs on my phone) miss those days!!sad
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 28, 2013
miz tola: what do u mean by weak?? I see alot of folks on dis thread really love dia songs
I mean it is not good for my kind of taste as a person. Sorry to have used the word weak.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by StacyParker: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2013
I don’t listen to rock that much, but my favourite is Nirvana.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 8:31am On Mar 01, 2013
miz tola: @[Fourcade]
..why sundays?? I like lighthouse tu(used tu ve varieties of gospel rock songs on my phone) miss those days!!sad

Lol...i have time for "Gospel rock" on Sundays wink.I dnt mean Lighthouse Family.Lifehouse,a band with Lead Singer Jason Wade
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by flinton(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Down wif coldplay
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Gospell(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2013
If u wana dig rock try these songs,if u dnt lyk dem den you dont knw wat is rock,i dnt wana drop sum hardcore death metal lyk kalmah,amon amart,august burns red etc....but try these alternative/blues rock and thank me later.

Take that-rule the world

Daughtry-learn my lesson,tennese line

within temptation-lost

Breaking benjamin-dear agony

The parlotones-i'll be there

3 doors down-back to me,landing in london

slipknot-snuff

matchbox twenty-if you're gone

snow patrol-in the end,the garden rule,those distant bell,newyork,set the fire to the third bar.

Lady aantebellum-need you now
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
I am listening to Skunk Anansie - Black Traffic(Album). I think the group is quite unraveled by others from that region at the moment.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 27, 2013
I like Emiliana Torrini. Her icelandic accent makes most of her songs interesting to listen to.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by angelchi2(f): 7:16am On Mar 28, 2013
Who knows a hangout spots in Lagos where you can enjoy great rock songs and alternative or even metal music on the island or mainland? We don't have lots of places like that. I need your help guys Hey! Nairalanders be NICE 
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:53am On May 17, 2013
StacyParker: I don’t listen to rock that much, but my favourite is Nirvana.

I only know Smells like Teen Spirit but that one song is pretty awesome.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by rubi96(f): 12:34pm On May 17, 2013
there is two rock group i just discovered, Newboys and Planet Shakers who knows about them. they are nice too, but planet shakers is mostly gospel
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 17, 2013
rubi96: there is two rock group i just discovered, Newboys and Planet Shakers who knows about them. they are nice too, but planet shakers is mostly gospel
Sorry,those are not meant for somebody like me! I am not a Gospel fan
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by tpia5: 4:04pm On May 28, 2013
rubi96: there is two rock group i just discovered, Newboys and Planet Shakers who knows about them. they are nice too, but planet shakers is mostly gospel

never heard of planet shakers but will check them out.

newsboys is very good, quality stuff.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by tpia5: 4:09pm On May 28, 2013
this combination of rap and rock music is very talented, but the lyrics are rather hard to figure out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM0HOK0Vn_Y

i think she's referring to someone who is in a relationship which will not turn out well due to the other person's dangerous albeit inadvertent nature.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 2:23am On May 29, 2013
any one care about INDIE ROCK! they rock!

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by caseymoney(m): 7:16pm On May 30, 2013
Free Naija Music Promotion.

Visit www.distinctradio.com and submit your music for free promo.

Moderator. DO NOT HIDE OR DELETE POST. GOD BLESS
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 6:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Peree: any one care about INDIE ROCK! they rock!

May the spirits of your ancestors continue to bless, guide and protect you.

This genre of rock is glorious.

Bon Iver,
Muse (these guys are just in a class of their own)
The Killers,
Imagine Dragons,
Feist etc.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 6:23am On Jul 20, 2013
Gospell: If u wana dig rock try these songs,if u dnt lyk dem den you dont knw wat is rock,i dnt wana drop sum hardcore death metal lyk kalmah,amon amart,august burns red etc....but try these alternative/blues rock and thank me later.

Take that-rule the world

Daughtry-learn my lesson,tennese line

within temptation-lost

Breaking benjamin-dear agony

The parlotones-i'll be there

3 doors down-back to me,landing in london

slipknot-snuff

matchbox twenty-if you're gone

snow patrol-in the end,the garden rule,those distant bell,newyork,set the fire to the third bar.

Lady aantebellum-need you now

Shoo!

Nine pages of rock music and you are referring to Lady Antebellum as a rock group?

In that case, King Sunny Ade must be a forking rockstar.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
i'm a great rock and metal fan.
my fav band is 'the killers', i'm like their biggest nigerian fan. i own over three thousand rock albums from old 'the cure' to new 'dead by sunrise'
my email is 'franklooney09@gmail.com
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Frankloon(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
hello y'all, if u wanna play in a rock/punk band or join a rock/metal community, contact me on this email 'franklooney09@gmail.com'. or join my group on facebook -naija rock planet.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.