Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42334 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 28, 2012
More of my best bands:

Hinder- I love the 80s feel of this band. The bring back 80s rock in a contemporary way

Run kid run
MxPx
Slick shoes
Switchfoot
Staind
Lifehouse
Foo Fighters
Alter Bridge
Tremonti
Flyleaf
Saving Abel
Big Dismal

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 28, 2012
Hey you guys that love Creed I have a message for you:

Do you know that after Creed broke up and the lead singer left, the remaining band members formed a new band called Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge rocks like hell.

Check their songs out on youtube.

Also check out the new band formed by Korn's former guitarist. The name of the band is Brian 'head' Welch. Check out the song called Paralyzed.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Check out Mike Harrera of MxPx, one of my best bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxAW_B66hFs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 28, 2012
^^^^^^ Do you mean the Creed that sings "My Own Prison"?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 28, 2012
talina: ^^^^^^ Do you mean the Creed that sings "My Own Prison"?

Yes! That same creed smiley
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 28, 2012
pDude:

Yes! That same creed smiley
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 28, 2012
slimes: Cold play is my favorite rock band, my best song from them is ... Clocks. Among the others I like are, Nirvana smiley, Nickelback smiley, Oasis smiley, Linkin Park smiley, Hinder wink, Paramore wink, Death Cab for Cabie wink, U2 wink, Deep Purple wink, Maroon 5 wink and Bon Jovi. wink

I love cold play so much, I think I'v got almost all of their songs, if not all.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 28, 2012
talina:

Ohhhhh cool! I saw them sing that live here in Edmonton!

Saw who? Creed or Alter Bridge?

Also the lead guitarist of both Creed and Alter bridge has a band of his own called Tremonti. Check Tremonti on youtube.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 28, 2012
pDude:

Saw who? Creed or Alter Bridge?

Also the lead guitarist of both Creed and Alter bridge has a band of his own called Tremonti. Check Tremonti on youtube.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 28, 2012
Next2Bezee: Blink 182

Since you like Blink 182, then im sure you would like these bands too:

MxPx
Slick Shoes
Face to Face
Run Kid Run
Good Charlotte
Bowling for Soup
Sum 41
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by azpekuliar: 5:05am On Dec 28, 2012
Linkin Park! (Metoera & Minutes to Midnight) kiss Absolutely love that band. Others are Coldplay, The Fray, Three Doors Down, Nickelback, Creed!, Goo goo dolls, Greenday, Matchbox 20, Maroon 5 etc....
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Memphis357(m): 5:43am On Dec 28, 2012
scopedon: The Fray
Nickleback
Linkin Park
GreenDay
Maroon 5
PapaRoach
ColdPlay
Joe Walsh
Foo Fighters
in no particular order
E be like say U be my brother from another mother..... I just looooooooooooooooooove Chad Kroger's voice. "Scars" by Papa Roach does it for me anytime

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by heriibk(m): 5:45am On Dec 28, 2012
Avril Lavigne - LeT Go
Linkin park - Hybrid theory
Nickelback - All the right reason
Superchick
Daughtry

forget it rock music rocks, hard rock
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by trublu(m): 5:58am On Dec 28, 2012
braine: Nickelback - Lullaby; totally on point. I just love Nickelback.
WRONG! the song lullaby was done by shaun mullins not nickleback.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 6:24am On Dec 28, 2012
pDude: More of my best bands:

Hinder- I love the 80s feel of this band. The [quote author=pDude]More of my best bands:

Hinder- I love the 80s feel of this band. The bring back 80s rock in a contemporary way

Run kid run
MxPx
Slick shoes
Switchfoot
Staind
Lifehouse
Foo Fighters
Alter Bridge
Tremonti
Flyleaf
Saving Abel
Big Dismal

i smiled when i opened this thread.Can't believe Lifehouse would be on Page 4. Have you forgotten 12 stones?..seems you have a beef with Paul grin
Staind---Chapter V and The illusion of progress remains the best albums
Snow Patrol---didnt see many people mentioning it.if you love Coldplay,then Snow Patrol should be on your list..They are better grin..Eyes Open 2006 remains the best.
The Fray--Fans who havent listened Scars and stories are missing..
The All American Rejects--Move along 2005 still remains my best.
Alter bridge---if you love guitar riffs....
Breaking Benjamin---this bands and the lyrics...make una no commit suicide o grin grin
The Script--wasnt mentioned much here...hmmm
Rise Against--- Appeal to Reason and the sufferer and the witness... Didnt see people mentioning it here ;(
other bands i listen to
Trapt
My Chemical Romance
The Urgency
Nickelback
Linkin Park
Skillet
Kings of leon
keane
Evanescence,Fireflight..etc

no such thing as favorite band if you are a rock fanundecided

4 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by rudee007(m): 6:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Breaking benjamin- phobia
7 dust -cold day memory
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 28, 2012
The train-drops of jupiter, played this song over and over again when I lost my mum, cos d artist composed dis song for similar life experience. Also love, natalie imbruglia-torn, madonna, goo goo dolls!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by slimpoppa(m): 6:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Green Day
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Paradiseluvall(m): 6:42am On Dec 28, 2012
i love rock....these bands are my favourite....the maine....simple plan and hobbs
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Coldplay; every tear drop is a waterfall, linking park, and some other soft rock!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 28, 2012
Nope. No beef with Paul Mc Coy of 12 stones except for the fact that they so diverted from the Hard rock style they played on the albums Potter's Field and Anthems for the Underdog, and started sounding like an Indie rock band. So I dumped them like a bad habit grin

Nobody has mentioned Stone Temple Pilots. If you love Creed and Pearl Jam, then you will love that band.

I saw you mentioned Trapt cheesy, you are indeed a true rocker. You have gone beneath the surface to the inner side of rock. Just like me. wink
Fourcade: i smiled when i opened this thread.Can't believe Lifehouse would be on Page 4. Have you forgotten 12 stones?..seems you have a beef with Paul Staind---Chapter V and The illusion of progress remains the best albums Snow Patrol---didnt see many people mentioning it.if you love Coldplay,then Snow Patrol should be on your list..They are better ..Eyes Open 2006 remains the best. The Fray--Fans who havent listened Scars and stories are missing.. The All American Rejects--Move along 2005 still remains my best. Alter bridge---if you love guitar riffs.... Breaking Benjamin---this bands and the lyrics...make una no commit suicide o The Script--wasnt mentioned much here...hmmm Rise Against--- Appeal to Reason and the sufferer and the witness... Didnt see people mentioning it here ;( other bands i listen to Trapt My Chemical Romance The Urgency Nickelback Linkin Park Skillet Kings of leon keane Evanescence,Fireflight..etc

no such thing as favorite band if you are a rock fan
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 28, 2012
my chemical romance, third eye blind, ana Johnson, ozzy orsborne, saliva, good charlotte, Aero smith, green day, blink 182..etc I have lots of fav bands
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Ishilove: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2012
apocalypse:

Meatloaf is just one guy but foreigner is a band
I fell in love with Meatloaf the day I listened to his "I will do anything For love" track. Gave me goosebumps smiley

Foreigner's "Cold as Ice" is my all time favourite. *singing*

'You're as cold as ice,

Are you willing to sacrifice (o no)!!' cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by larpah(m): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2012
asala1: SMOKIE. They have some classics.
Talkin to her 'round, Living next door to Alice, A stranger with you
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by beylinko(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Nothing rocks lyk Casting crowns,hillsong, chris tomlin...listen 2 d album: Altar n the door u will thank me later
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2012
berekete86: Dude, its Blink182
got carried away. . . Thanks.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by bigtij(m): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2012
So no one listens to red hot chilli peppers? That the best band ever
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2012
beylinko: Nothing rocks lyk Casting crowns,hillsong, chris tomlin...listen 2 d album: Altar n the door u will thank me later
i bet we have same tastes.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Olutozn54(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2012
u guys neva mention "owl city" y...fireflies and vanila twilight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.