Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? (10502 Views)

The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. / Another Proof That Evolution Is Flawed, The Earth Is Just About 6000 Years Old! / "If You Believe The Earth Is 6000 Years Old Then You Deny Science" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2012
flourishG: @ op, ask the holy spirit
I ALREADY DID smiley
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Todaynatoday: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Obadiah777, you keep talking about psalm 78:2 where it is written that God's teachings would be in parables and would be hidden. What you fail to realise is that even this a literal statement that has already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Psalm 78:2 does not in any way mean that all or some of the books in the bible (or the miraculous stories) would be allegories.
Matthew 13:34-35
King James Version
(KJV)
34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable
spake he not unto them:
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open
my mouth in parables; I will utter things
which have been kept secret from the
foundation of the world.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 22, 2012
Todaynatoday: @Obadiah777, you keep talking about psalm 78:2 where it is written that God's teachings would be in parables and would be hidden. What you fail to realise is that even this a literal statement that has already been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Psalm 78:2 does not in any way mean that all or some of the books in the bible (or the miraculous stories) would be allegories.
YOU LOST ME.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Todaynatoday: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2012
^^^ My point is, psalm 78:2 has already been fulfilled by Jesus. It does not mean that the whole or some parts of the bible would be allegories.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^ My point is, psalm 78:2 has already been fulfilled by Jesus. It does not mean that the whole or some parts of the bible would be allegories.
PSALM 78 VS 2 HAS BEEN FULFILLED NOW I KNOW YOU ARE DRINKING THAT CHEAP PALMWINE. PSALM 78 VS 2 IS NOT A PROPHESY THAT HAS TO BE FULFILLED. IT IS THE WAY THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN undecided
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Todaynatoday: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^^^^
King James Version
(KJV)
34 All these things spake Jesus
unto the multitude in parables;

and without a parable
spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled

which was spoken by the
prophet, saying, I will open
my mouth in parables; I will
utter things
which have been kept secret
from the
foundation of the world.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Todaynatoday: ^^^^^
King James Version
(KJV)
34 All these things spake Jesus
unto the multitude in parables;

and without a parable
spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled

which was spoken by the
prophet, saying, I will open
my mouth in parables; I will
utter things
which have been kept secret
from the
foundation of the world.

YOU DO KNOW YOU ARE PROVING MY POINT WITH THOSE VERSES RIGHT ? THOSE VERSES SAY THE LORD SPEAKS TO THE PEOPLE IN PARABLES SO THAT ONLY THE ELECT CAN UNDERSTAND. OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART COMES FORTH WORDS. THE WORDS OF THE LORD IS HIS HOLY SPIRIT. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST UTTERED IN PARABLES. YOU KEEP PROVING MY POINT undecided
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Todaynatoday: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
obadiah777: YOU DO KNOW YOU ARE PROVING MY POINT WITH THOSE VERSES RIGHT ? THOSE VERSES SAY THE LORD SPEAKS TO THE PEOPLE IN PARABLES SO THAT ONLY THE ELECT CAN UNDERSTAND. OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART COMES FORTH WORDS. THE WORDS OF THE LORD IS HIS HOLY SPIRIT. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST UTTERED IN PARABLES. YOU KEEP PROVING MY POINT undecided
You should know that i'm not all that versed in scriptures. I'm what you call a spiritual babe since I just started this journey with God and I'm still growing. I take most things in the Bible literally since I understand it better that way. Don't know if i proved your point cos my point was that Jesus was the only person recorded in the bible teaching in parables but you are saying that the whole bible (or most of it) is filled with parables. Take for instance, your stance on the story of Daniel in the lion's den, the finger on the wall, the turning of water into wine and a host of others. You take them all as having hidden meaning(s) because of psalm 78:2 and my point is that psalm 78:2 was referring to Jesus teachings.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
Todaynatoday: You should know that i'm not all that versed in scriptures. I'm what you call a spiritual babe since I just started this journey with God and I'm still growing. I take most things in the Bible literally since I understand it better that way. Don't know if i proved your point cos my point was that Jesus was the only person recorded in the bible teaching in parables but you are saying that the whole bible (or most of it) is filled with parables. Take for instance, your stance on the story of Daniel in the lion's den, the finger on the wall, the turning of water into wine and a host of others. You take them all as having hidden meaning(s) because of psalm 78:2 and my point is that psalm 78:2 was referring to Jesus teachings.
AHHH OK I SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM, HOWEVER PSALMS 78 VS 2 WAS REFERING TO GOD NOT JESUS. AS SUCH THE WHOLE BIBLE IS WRITTEN IN PARABLES

2 PETER 1 VS 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. <<<< GOD NOT JESUS. SO THE LORD AND CHRIST USED PARABLES SO THAT ONLY THOSE WHO SEEK WILL FIND.

PSALMS 68 VS 11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it. <<< GOD GAVE THE WORD

2 TIMOTHY 3 VS 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

SO AS YOU CAN SEE, PSALMS 78 VS 2 IS REFERING TO GOD NOT CHRIST, AND GOD DID IT SO THE WHOLE BIBLE IS PARABOLIC.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Todaynatoday: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^^ Hopefully, someday I'll get to understand better.

1 Like

Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
mazaje:

I mean the same scientific principle used in dating is the same sicitific principle used in calculating the distance of the earth from the moon. . . .Same principle was is used in finding cure for diseases. . .
scientific discoveries are made using principles that are certain not with estimate. Engeering student are not taught statistic and probability because you can not produce any thing by estimating. Carbon dating is not a exact science like evolution, that is why any scientist who want to know anything for sure will not refer to CD.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by sarutobie(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
I think this Obadiah guy is a deciever in disguise..when he tried to refute the Lord Jesus miracle of literaly turning water into wine as symbolic?....he will soon say the rest of the miracles performed by christ were just symbolic phrases/writings/words or whatever and were never literal miracles as was written..decievers I tell ya..
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
sarutobie: I think this Obadiah guy is a deciever in disguise..when he tried to refute the Lord Jesus[b] miracle of literaly turning water into wine[/b] as symbolic?....he will soon say the rest of the miracles performed by christ were just symbolic phrases/writings/words or whatever and were never literal miracles as was written..decievers I tell ya..
OH YE SONS OF NIMROD. AND DID YOU BOTHER TO FIND OUT WHAT THE MEANING OF THAT WORD 'MIRACLE' IS ? YOU THINK MIRACLE = MAGIC ? . MIRACLE MEANS

miracle (ˈmɪrək ə l)

— n

2. any amazing or wonderful event
3. a person or thing that is a marvellous example of something: the bridge was a miracle of engineering

MIRACLE MEANS SOMETHING 'AMAZING'. SEE I KNOW THAT WORDS HAVE DIFFERENT MEANING TO NIGERIANS DUE TO INDOCTRINATION FROM YOUTH. AND I DONT BLAME YOU. I WAS ONE OF THOSE WHO THOUGHT MIRACLE = MAGIC. HOWEVER IT JUST MEANS 'AMAZING'. IT IS AN AMAZING THING TO HAVE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT NATIONS ( WATERS ) WHO ARE HEATHENS AND THEN TO PREACH THE WORD ( WINE ) TO THEM AND THERE IS A REVIVAL OF IMMENSE PROPORTION. THAT IS AMAZING HOW HE TURNED ALL THAT WATER INTO WINE. ITS ALSO HOW YOU THINK THE WORD 'VIRGIN' MEANS SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER HAD INTERCOURSE, HOWEVER IT MEANS AN 'UNWED' WOMAN. SEE YOU NEED A BOOK OF BIBLICAL WORD LINGO. SO ALSO MOUNTAIN = COUNTRY
SUN = WISDOM
MOON = UNDERSTANDING ETC ETC ETC. THESE ARE HIDDEN WORDS OF OLD. TODAY SOME OF THOSE WORDS HAVE NEW MEANINGS AND THE LORD FORESAW THIS. THIS IS WHY HE SAYS I WILL UTTER HIDDEN WORDS OF OLD PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will utter hidden things, things from of old <<<< OF OLD.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Johnkunamon: 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
If u should do a little research u wld discover that the world population hit one billion in the mid 19th century, and is xpected to reach 10 billion by 2050. Within about 150 years the world's population increase by 5 billion. Why would it be difficult to believe it would have increased from 8 to 1 billion in over 4000 years?
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by advocate666: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
John kunamon: If u should do a little research u wld discover that the world population hit one billion in the mid 19th century, and is xpected to reach 10 billion by 2050. Within about 150 years the world's population increase by 5 billion. Why would it be difficult to believe it would have increased from 8 to 1 billion in over 4000 years?

racial diversity.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Image123(m): 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
obadiah777: THERE IS SUCH A THING CALLED 'DICHOTOMY'. LIKE HOW A WORD CAN HAVE TWO MEANINGS. NOW YOU ARE JUST BEING A SCOFFER cry
In this case, you are just putting up the 'dichotomy' as you wish. The scriptures are not by private interpretation. Jesus Christ made reference to the man Noah and the flood as literal events and beings.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Image123:
In this case, you are just putting up the 'dichotomy' as you wish. The scriptures are not by private interpretation. Jesus Christ made reference to the man Noah and the flood as literal events and beings.
SAME WAY REFERENCE WAS MADE TO THE MAN ADAM AND THE MAN ESAU AND THE MAN ISRAEL. HOWEVER THEY ARE NATIONS OF PEOPLE NOT SINGLE MEN. YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES angry LOLZ
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Image123(m): 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: SAME WAY REFERENCE WAS MADE TO THE MAN ADAM AND THE MAN ESAU AND THE MAN ISRAEL. HOWEVER THEY ARE NATIONS OF PEOPLE NOT SINGLE MEN. YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES angry LOLZ
Jacob and Esau were men according to the Bible. they were twins with parents(Isaac and Rebecca). They had uncles and nieces, they had jobs and they worked. They even died with specifics on their ages. You are spewing nonsense, sorry.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Image123:
Jacob and Esau were men according to the Bible. they were twins with parents(Isaac and Rebecca). They had uncles and nieces, they had jobs and they worked. They even died with specifics on their ages. You are spewing nonsense, sorry.
YOU DO ERR. BEHIND THOSE NAMES ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF TRIBES. FOR EXAMPLE ESAU MEANS 'WASTED AWAY PIGMENTATION'. THE WHITE RACE IS ESAU. YOU ERR THINKING THE BIBLE IS THE LIFE STORY AND FAMILY TREE OF SOME PARTICULAR PERSONS GENEALOGY. THERE ARE GREAT MEN ( SUCH AS JOB, DANIEL, JEREMIAH, ISAIAH, HABBAKUK, JOEL, OBADIAH, NIMROD ETC ETC ) INTERSPERSED WITH THE NAMES OF NATIONS OF PEOPLE AS SINGLE PEOPLE ( JACOB-ISRAEL, ESAU, ADAM, ISHMAEL, AMMON, MOAB, CUSH, ETC ETC ) INTERSPERSED WITH NAMES OF LAND MASSES AS PEOPLE ( HAM, SHEM, JAPHETH, EVE, ETC ETC ).
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by ralfo85(m): 1:56am On Dec 29, 2012
And did you know that the world's population was 1 billion in by 1804, 1,7 billion by 1900, and 7 billion by 2011? See how the population changed over 100-year intervals?
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by stonefaze: 3:58am On Dec 29, 2012
@ obadiah777,i'm kinda impressed with the way u have broken down All ur points along with the other guys.I guess u guys are all correct but just on different page.But obadiah777,has done his homework while the others just read the bible as a story book.the problem with nigerians is they simply pay attention2 themselevs@ thier present state of mind and simply 4get 2 search their own family tree for the +ve or -ve aspect and values of their inheritance.So how do u expect them 2 go as far as studying the bible from the original source in which it was written.Afterall,this same blble was brought 2 us interpreted from the original version.So why the fuss.the other guys should simply go and get the original version and read,becos if the same bilble is written in Hausa,igbo or yoruba,some words would aslo sound different 4 different readers reading the bible in d same language.

1 Like

Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 29, 2012
stonefaze: @ obadiah777,i'm kinda impressed with the way u have broken down All ur points along with the other guys.I guess u guys are all correct but just on different page. But obadiah777,has done his homework while the others just read the bible as a story book. the problem with nigerians is they simply pay attention2 themselevs@ thier present state of mind and simply 4get 2 search their own family tree for the +ve or -ve aspect and values of their inheritance.So how do u expect them 2 go as far as studying the bible from the original source in which it was written.Afterall,this same blble was brought 2 us interpreted from the original version.So why the fuss.the other guys should simply go and get the original version and read,becos if the same bilble is written in Hausa,igbo or yoruba,some words would aslo sound different 4 different readers reading the bible in d same language.
BROTHER, THE BOLDED IS ONE OF THE MOST, IF NOT THE MOST POIGNANT POINTS I HAVE READ SINCE JOINING THIS FORUM. THIS HAS BEEN MY BONE OF CONTENTION WITH LIKE 99 PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. THEY READ THE BIBLE AS A STORY BOOK AND THEN PRESENT ARGUMENTS BASED ON THIS SHALLOW UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE. THIS HAS BEEN THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE ON NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION. grin THIS POST DESERVES 1000 LIKES
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Image123(m): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2012
obadiah777: YOU DO ERR. BEHIND THOSE NAMES ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF TRIBES. FOR EXAMPLE ESAU MEANS 'WASTED AWAY PIGMENTATION'. THE WHITE RACE IS ESAU. YOU ERR THINKING THE BIBLE IS THE LIFE STORY AND FAMILY TREE OF SOME PARTICULAR PERSONS GENEALOGY. THERE ARE GREAT MEN ( SUCH AS JOB, DANIEL, JEREMIAH, ISAIAH, HABBAKUK, JOEL, OBADIAH, NIMROD ETC ETC ) INTERSPERSED WITH THE NAMES OF NATIONS OF PEOPLE AS SINGLE PEOPLE ( JACOB-ISRAEL, ESAU, ADAM, ISHMAEL, AMMON, MOAB, CUSH, ETC ETC ) INTERSPERSED WITH NAMES OF LAND MASSES AS PEOPLE ( HAM, SHEM, JAPHETH, EVE, ETC ETC ).
suit yourself, deception is sweet.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Jan 03, 2013
obadiah777:

OLADEGBU, THERE IS NO WAY 8 PEOPLE BECAME 7 BILLION IN LESS THAN 10,000 YEARS. WHICH TELLS ME THIS IS NOT A LITERAL STORY. READ POST ABOVE THIS. ESPECIALLY THE LINK ADAM IS ACTUALLY MEANS A PEOPLE FORMED FROM THE GROUND. CULLED FROM THE HEBREW WORD ADAMAH WHICH MEANS FROM THE GROUND. ADAM IS NOT A PERSON. ADAM IS A NATION OF PEOPLE FORMED FROM THE GROUND.

Check out the impact of the Flood in the link below:

Impact of the Flood

We know from the Bible, however, that around 2500 BC (4,500 years ago) the worldwide Flood reduced the world population to eight people.3 But if we assume that the population doubles every 150 years, we see, again, that starting with only Noah and his family in 2500 BC, 4,500 years is more than enough time for the present population to reach 6.5 billion.

From two people, created about 6,000 years ago, and then the eight people, preserved on the Ark about 4,500 years ago, the world’s population could easily have grown to the extent we now see it—over 6.5 billion. Evolutionists are always telling us that humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. If we did assume that humans have been around for 50,000 years and if we were to use the calculations above, there would have been 332 doublings, and the world’s population would be a staggering figure—a one followed by 100 zeros; that is

This figure is truly unimaginable, for it is billons of times greater than the number of atoms that are in the entire universe! Such a calculation makes nonsense of the claim that humans have been on earth for tens of thousands of years.

Simple, conservative arithmetic reveals clear mathematical logic for a young age of the earth. From two people, created around 6,000 years ago, and then the eight people, preserved on the Ark about 4,500 years ago, the world’s population could have grown to the extent we now see it—over 6.5 billion.

With such a population clearly possible (and probable) in just a few thousand years, we could actually ask the question, "If humans were around millions of years ago, why is the population so small?" This is a question that evolution supporters must answer.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v1/n2/billions-of-people
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
you forget there were also the fallen angels who were phenomenally fertile.. 1 chook 50 babies.. imagine that? what a wonderful God.. don't also forget the 0 chook Messianic Baby.. isn't life grand grin
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
Image123:

suit yourself, deception is sweet.

He seems to bask in it.
Re: How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? by Image123(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

He seems to bask in it.
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? / Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / The Fires Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.