Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10852275 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) ... (7743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Raider76:

But why are they keeping the price band so narrow? You can't bid more than N0.90. Are some people holding it low so they can accumulate first?
It is likely,they don't want it to become TRANSCORP(a core JIJO stock)!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Raider76:

But why are they keeping the price band so narrow? You can't bid more than N0.90. Are some people holding it low so they can accumulate first?
@ all:
Spend time to learn the rules from the NSE website. Its a treasure trove of information and will avoid you getting misled. Pay attention to the price limits, it will help dispel all these conspiracy theories.
http://www.nse.com.ng/products/equities/market-structure

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
passwelle:

@ all:
Spend time to learn the rules from the NSE website. Its a treasure trove of information and will avoid you getting misled. Pay attention to the price limits, it will help dispel all these conspiracy theories.

People use the rules to manipulate. Why should a stock that closed on bid yesterday open 5% lower today, just because some people are allowed to bid what they want before full market open?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
Raider76:

People use the rules to manipulate. Why should a stock that closed on bid yesterday open 5% lower today, just because some people are allowed to bid what they want before full market open?

Exactly my thoughts! They make the rules such that they can exploit it to suit themselves. Just look at d very strong bid right now on DAT stock. Yet it can't even move. That's d height of manipulation!! And some one is here talking of rules!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
I am having D's strong feelings DT they want to dump massively!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
stokfrick:

Exactly my thoughts! They make the rules such that they can exploit it to suit themselves. Just look at d very strong bid right now on DAT stock. Yet it can't even move. That's d height of manipulation!! And some one is here talking of rules!!
This is a great sign that FCMB will likely gain at least 8% tomorrow!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Raider76:

stokfrick:

The answer to the "why" is market forces. If you bid high it would open high. You did not and neither did anyone else. All are allowed to bid during pre-market. As to manipulation, it didnt open high and so is within the permitted price range for the day. I guess i should leave you all to your conspiracy theories.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
passwelle:

@ all:

So they have actually removed good till cancel. I loved that option.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
stokfrick:

Without rules do you think the market can stand?
Do you remember when the said stock was on free fall, but could not fall more than a particular price in a day.
When a rule favours people, they hardly complain but when it is against them .....
Bros if you wan become the market maker come and have it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ewoooooo.................. This market has turned around while I was eating
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
who is struggling on dt fo.
U win.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
IHelp:

Without rules do you think the market can stand?
Do you remember when the said stock was on free fall, but could not fall more than a particular price in a day.
When a rule favours people, they hardly complain but when it is against them .....
Bros if you wan become the market maker come and have it

U guys shd allow it fall when it wants and rise when it wants .... That's free market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
passwelle:

The answer to the "why" is market forces. If you bid high it would open high. You did not and neither did anyone else. All are allowed to bid during pre-market. As to manipulation, it didnt open high and so is within the permitted price range for the day. I guess i should leave you all to your conspiracy theories.

I still believe that the fair thing to do is for stocks to open at their previous day closing prices. That way this manipulation by market makers will not happen. BTW I did bid during pre-market once and I was not allowed!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
PORTLAND PAINTS AND PRODUCTS NIGERIA PLC

Proposed Rights Issue

Dealing Members are hereby notified that Portland Paints and Products Nigeria Plc (“Portland Paints” or the ‘’Company’’) has through its Stockbroker; Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Ltd, submitted an application to The Exchange for approval and listing of a Rights Issue of 600,000,000 Ordinary Shares of 50 Kobo each at N3.30 per share on the basis of 3 new ordinary shares for every 2 ordinary shares held.

The Qualification Date for the Rights Issue is today, 9 February 2016.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please oga Manie,
I needfo from u urgently (max 3days.)

Please no one should quote this post as i will delete this no 2moro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
I copied the number already, stop waking me up

#Back to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2016
my ogas should watch this space very well https://www.iea.org/oilmarketreport/omrpublic/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gift01: 12:40am On Feb 10, 2016
IHelp:
Best day for me since I started trading ONLINE REAL TIME. Make una follow me thank God.

We go make money this year!!!!

The bulls make money
The bears make money
The pigs get slaughtered grin grin grin grin grin grin

How do I trade online real time. Pls help out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2016
Why didn't I join Unilever... God open my eye to see good stocks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 8:21am On Feb 10, 2016
gift01:

How do I trade online real time. Pls help out

You can get more information here
http://www.morgancapitalgroup.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:07am On Feb 10, 2016
Has anyone made recent payment into morgan skye bank account? The reason why I ask is because I wanted to boost my MC account today but I just wanted to know if payment over the counter would take long....I don't want any money issues with morgan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Born2berich:
Has anyone made recent payment into morgan skye bank account? The reason why I ask is because I wanted to boost my MC account today but I just wanted to know if payment over the counter would take long....I don't want any money issues with morgan.

I think they changed their account to savings.

I am trying to withdraw from the account but they are delaying me. i have bills to pay.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2016
EDUECO:
This is a great sign that FCMB will likely gain at least 8% tomorrow!
It is now happening and it will still happen tomorrow!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 10:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Woooooow!! Fcmb heading up @ 0.98 now! Planing to Jo out 1.10k .. 25% gain!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Born2berich:

Made payment to the skye bank account a week ago through online transfer. You can contact them to confirm to be sure if you have doubts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 10:30am On Feb 10, 2016
EDUECO:
It is now happening and it will still happen tomorrow!
EDUECO @ don't be too greedy!!! I pray that the bid should go on till Friday!!! No offer yet!! Let the bid continue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2016
cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:50am On Feb 10, 2016
IHelp:

Made payment to the skye bank account a week ago through online transfer. You can contact them to confirm to be sure if you have doubts.
Thanks..did you make the online transfer via your skye bank account or via another bank and how long did it take to credit your account?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2016
mercylicious:

I think they changed their account to savings.

I am trying to withdraw from the account but they are delaying me. i have bills to pay.
Am really getting skeptical about morgan now since their MD left, things have changed terribly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 10:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Born2berich:
Thanks..did you make the online transfer via your skye bank account or via another bank and how long did it take to credit your account?

Via another bank. I made payment on Friday morning but was credited on Monday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 11:11am On Feb 10, 2016
This market nah wah oo. Some people just dumped FCMB shares, cleared the 60m bids, and still have 8m to offer!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 11:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Raider76:
This market nah wah oo. Some people just dumped FCMB shares, cleared the 60m bids, and still have 8m to offer!
more u look the less u see!!! Offer 8m!! May likely push d price down to closed @ 0.96

(1) (2) (3) ... (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) ... (7743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m), lexy2lexy, wuwu2, presiade(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.