Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10843695 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3676) (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
Yayira:

Inside all the rules this is the only one I don’t like

“The maximum price movement in one day is now 10% for Equity backed ETFs only.
The maximum downward price movement in one day is 10% for Equity backed ETFs only.
For all others, there is no limit on movement.”

No limit ke ?
This American style hmmm

My dear Yayira,
The area u mentioned are the maximum/allowable price ceilings governing the ETF (exchange traded fund) market structure.
An ETF is just a marketable security that tracks the index or basket of index like an index fund. ...it can also be a commodity bond.
Just like the normal stocks u trade, an ETF can also be traded. ...and so they also experience price changes from downward and upward movement.
It is the limits of those (ETF) price changes that the NSE was referring to in the quote u mentioned.
However, the NSE specifically mentioned that they are only for ETFs that are backed by equity.
...that's why they repeatedly used the end clause; 'for Equity backed ETFs only'
Which simply means that there shall be no price limit on ETFs that are NOT backed by equity. ...and so the 'no limit on movement' clause is clearly for non-equity backed ETFs.

With our usual traded stocks, there is absolutely no cause for alarm.
...the quote from the link below highlights the price limits for normal traded stocks;

" Price movement

The maximum Daily Upward Movement is now 10% as against 10.25% in the previous structure.
Maximum Daily Downward Movement is now 10% as against 9.75% in the previous structure.
NSE is introducing the NSE Official Open/Close Price (NOOP). The NOOP/NOCP is established from the opening/closing match, i.e.the Open/close price is not set to the Previous Close Price/Last Sale Trade. "

It's also important for investors to note the part in bold.

Hope its clearer now?

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 22, 2018
onegentleguy:

My dear Yayira,
The area u mentioned are the maximum/allowable price ceilings governing the ETF (exchange traded fund) market structure.
An ETF is just a marketable security that tracks the index or basket of index like an index fund. ...it can also be a commodity bond.
Just like the normal stocks u trade, an ETF can also be traded. ...and so they also experience price changes from downward and upward movement.
It is the limits of those (ETF) price changes that the NSE was referring to in the quote u mentioned.
However, the NSE specifically mentioned that they are only for ETFs that are backed by equity.
...that's why they repeatedly used the end clause; 'for Equity backed ETFs only'
Which simply means that there shall be no price limit on ETFs that are NOT backed by equity. ...and so the 'no limit on movement' clause is for non-equity backed ETFs.

With our usual traded stocks, there is absolutely no cause for alarm.
...the quote from the link below highlights the price limits for usual traded stocks;

" Price movement

The maximum Daily Upward Movement is now 10% as against 10.25% in the previous structure.
Maximum Daily Downward Movement is now 10% as against 9.75% in the previous structure.
NSE is introducing the NSE Official Open/Close Price (NOOP). The NOOP/NOCP is established from the opening/closing match, i.e.the Open/close price is not set to the Previous Close Price/Last Sale Trade. "

It's also important for investors to note the part in bold.

Hope its clearer now?

Regards.

It’s much clearer now.. thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2018
Aloaye:

Search Google for the registrar of your company, visit your registrars website to download the e-dividend form. Fill and go to your bank to append their stamp and signature as proof of the account to receive your dividends. Submit this to your registrar either by email or physical copy.

Caveat: I sent by email to First Registrars for Fidelity Bank dividend but still expecting payments and no replies to my emails. What a country

On the part in bold, Call any one of this Phone Nos;
Tel: 234-1-2701078, or 2701079. ...and if possible, request to speak directly with Mrs Ngozi Mbakwe.

Good luck to u my dear !!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:26am On Jun 22, 2018
Yayira:

It’s much clearer now.. thanks

My Pleasure dear !!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:52am On Jun 22, 2018
fantasy7800:
Hello gurus in the house,
I'd like to register for e-dividends.
Could you please advise me on how to go about this? Preferably online?
Thanks.

My dear u can use the link below;

http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

Hint: On the search area, kindly type in ur names in full. (in the correct order u used while opening ur brokerage A/C)
It should bring up the names of all the companies/stocks u have outstanding dividends.
...and u should get an original pdf copy of the e-dividend mandate form when u click on the company registrar to the right of each stock.
Next download and print the ones u need, fill them correctly and proceed with a copy to ur bank for attestation, stamping and possible signature confirmation.
Then scan and send the form(s) via mail to the registrars. ...or u can take them in person to their office.
Finally, always fellow up with the registrar (either thru mails or calls), until ur bank A/C is credited accordingly.

Good luck to u my dear !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2018
MSCI (NIGERIA) MOVEMENT IN PORTFLIO FOR 21 JUNE 2018/GENERAL MARKET COMMENT

The funds are still indifferent to this market. Therefore expecting good upward price movement will difficult for the general market. As usual for the prevailing situation, good moves will be seen in a couple of stock that usually have thin volumes.

For the people that are always in the market, or totally depends on the market for income, this is another lean period. I want to keep my stop losses very tight for now especially once the euphoria of the 2nd quarter results are over, will be time to just show some indifference to the market too as good volume may be difficult to find by then.

Using the fund’s portfolio as a guide, “green” mean buying while “red” is selling

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IchimokuPilot: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kenmaro: 9:15am On Jun 22, 2018
Please, has anyone here received their fbnh 0.25k dividend? I am yet to get mine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 22, 2018
kenmaro:
Please, has anyone here received their fbnh 0.25k dividend? I am yet to get mine.
since now,do you have a standing e- dividend mandate?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:54am On Jun 22, 2018
onegentleguy:
We are just watching. ...we are still here.
Morning people!
Pre-market showing bids greater than offer for some banking stocks especially........ some transmitting confusion...
All in all, we are still here tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kenmaro: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
since now,do you have a standing e- dividend mandate?
Yes, I have received previous fbnh dividends payments into my bank account and other SMS AGM & other notifications too but this last dividend has taken too long.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2018
Who is at Dangflour AGM? Let's meet up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2018
PharmAlfred:
Who is at Dangflour AGM? Let's meet up.

See me behind you wearing white agbada
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2018
This one Japaul has gone on full offer, seems like Loco re-joined the bus yesterday.

#OnMyHeels..........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2018
kenmaro:

Yes, I have received previous fbnh dividends payments into my bank account and other SMS AGM & other notifications too but this last dividend has taken too long.
sad to hear this.please contact first registrars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2018
mendes911:
This one Japaul has gone on full offer, seems like Loco re-joined the bus yesterday.

#OnMyHeels..........

keep on looking for my trouble
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

See me behind you wearing white agbada

Hahahahaha. I am wearing Super Eagles jersey for France 98.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2018
mendes911:
#OnMyHeels..........
You no go allow Oga Loco watch market in peace? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2018
Nem sighted at N3.04..... seems this year is going to favour insurance stocks o. lipsrsealed We are observing. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:
You no go allow Oga Loco watch market in peace? grin
I neva believe say Japaul go end on full offer today. Stock wey I no understand where it belongs........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:
Nem sighted at N3.04..... seems this year is going to favour insurance stocks o. lipsrsealed We are observing. grin

Those insurance stocks stucked at 30kobo are good to buy as their earnings are improving but ELECTION WILL NOT ALLOW THEM HAVE A GOOD TIME.BEWARE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2018
locodemy:
I neva believe say Japaul go end on full offer today. Stock wey I no understand where it belongs........
Lol. It cant continue its upward journey just like that now.... but it's a stock to watch closely sha, seems its got the 'blessings of the elders MMs'. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:46am On Jun 22, 2018
locodemy:
Those insurance stocks stucked at 30kobo are good to buy as their earnings are improving but ELECTION WILL NOT ALLOW THEM HAVE A GOOD TIME.BEWARE
Yeah! Thanks. Just observing. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:

Lol. It cant continue its upward journey just like that now.... but it's a stock to watch closely sha, seems its got the 'blessings of the elders MMs'. grin

I still no believe it will end on offer today.
Any moment from now it will go back on bid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2018
locodemy:
I still no believe it will end on offer today. Any moment from now it will go back on bid.
...or it's true you jumped in already? grin
Me self jumped in at around that 36k when my eyes no gree commot there. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:
No.observer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2018
locodemy:
No.observer
Okay...... if you need to enter monitor it well and be careful not to enter at high price.
Definition of the price that is high is now another thing entirely.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:

Me self jumped in at around that 36k when my eyes no gree commot there. grin

You dey mind Loco.... Some of us sabi him wella....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:

Okay...... if you need to enter monitor it well and be careful not to enter at high price. Definition of the price that is high is another thing entirely.

Like 36k? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 22, 2018
Mcy56:

Okay...... if you need to enter monitor it well and be careful not to enter at high price. Definition of the price that is high is another thing entirely.

Thank you.This stock I bought 5.80 in 2007 and sold 17.25 in 2008.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
Like 36k? grin
I no talk anything o. lipsrsealed I just said that 'cos I know very well that Loco's eyes is still on it. He will still buy last last. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3676) (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: megawealth01 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.