Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (21729 Views)

Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? / Kim Kardashian Slams Woman For Breastfeeding In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Originalsly: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nursing cover my foot. Loose clothing and maybe a rag is enough just to discourage peering perverts. It should be like taboo for any African woman to deny her baby breastmilk directly from the breast ...regardless of if she is in church, market, in the bus or wherever. Breastfeed anytime anywhere period.

4 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by crackhaus: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Is it just me or is it that most of the women who are most comfortable yanking out boobies in full public glare are not so attractive? Why is it that the Hot, sexy, curvy and sexually attractive mothers always find a way to hide their soft luscious breasts while the not-so-hot ones show it all... I will have no problem with a nadia buari look alike feeding her baby and wettin my appetite as well in public, abi na only me!

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Ezeufi: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
k2039: A baby has the right to eat be it public or private, but the bossoms should be covered though.

You asking this question as if breast feeding was brought into our society by your oyinbo master.

What about covering your mouth?
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by IYANGBALI: 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Real hunger never catch your pikin,if beta hunger catch am and he cry for you like craze baby,nobody go tell you to bring out your slippers breazts for public to feed jnr
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
crackhaus: Is it just me or is it that most of the women who are most comfortable yanking out boobies in full public glare are not so attractive? Why is it that the Hot, sexy, curvy and sexually attractive mothers always find a way to hide their soft luscious breasts while the not-so-hot ones show it all... I will have no problem with a nadia buari look alike feeding her baby and wettin my appetite as well in public, abi na only me!

Lol, I also noticed that its usually the ones with slippers that bare it all. I'am sure if it was fine babes opening their correct boobs all men would ask for a law mandating it sef.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Ikoniko(f): 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
In as much as i can't stand a cryin n starvin baby, i dont appreciate breast feedin baby in d public. But if i must do dat, i wil cover my breast properly. Na my husband property, no b for public view.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2012
as long as she is covered up, there should be no problem.
br3astfeeding is a natural part of life, a vital way for mother and baby to bond as
the child feeds. only a fo0l would find reason to scorn the act.

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by kandiikane(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
crackhaus: Is it just me or is it that most of the women who are most comfortable yanking out boobies in full public glare are not so attractive? Why is it that the Hot, sexy, curvy and sexually attractive mothers always find a way to hide their soft luscious breasts while the not-so-hot ones show it all... I will have no problem with a nadia buari look alike feeding her baby and wettin my appetite as well in public, abi na only me!

LOL! grin

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Youngpo413: 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Apart from babies,na who else get b.reas.t?
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by femiseun1: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Young po413: Apart from babies,na who else get b.reas.t?

HER HUSBAND grin. He was there before the baby...still competing with the baby at present... and will be there after the baby leaves breast milk

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by overdrive(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
@p if cossy ojiakor were to be ur wifey what will u advice.hehehe
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by toluene12: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
Vikin:

Haahahah, My dear, hoarding the bre.ast assures better firmness o. sometimes i see the kids playing with it, throwing it up and down, even biting the ni.pp.les. i wont even allow the baby to grow teeth on my br.eas.t...onvce i see the sign of little teeth, that begins the countdown.
Hoarding what? countdown wetin? abeg breastfeed ur child regularly, at least for 18 months. If practicable, we encourage exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months, it is beneficial to both the mother and child.
Breastfeeding reduces the risk of developing bre.ast cancer for the mother, while it promotes mental development and improves social bonding for the child.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by lumeneng22: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
k2039: A baby has the right to eat be it public or private, but the bossoms should be covered though.
why? You may also blindfold the baby if you like.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by nollywood20: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
It depends on the age of the person being breastfed.
A baby of less than 2 years old is okay. But "babies" of over 20 years is public nuisance.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by IncomeTutor: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bre.ast feed jo. The onlookers will not
see you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by antontech(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
If i am a mother,i will be very proud to breastfeed my precious baby in public.I pains me when i see mothers close their breast with hankii,cloth and all sort of things just to breastfeed their child,as if they are not proud to be a mother.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by victokafor(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Most of us went through this process of feeding! BUt in our world of today with so many pollutants released from nucleated and dispersed factories around us, babies health are to be considered. Nursing covers should be used inorder to reduce or remove the effect of air pollutants while breastfeeding in the environment.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by LordBabs(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
How fun and romantic would it be if fathers could dîckfeed their babies. But why can't men feed their babies, using their phallus? Afterall s.perm isn't poisonous to health. Why is nature so selectively partial? At least, we could thus have dîckfeeding, and not only breåstfeeding.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Dubemkelly(m): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Its so so abrupt...I see no reason why a nursing mom shud create a scene,all in d name of breastfeeding...A civilised n cultured mom knows wats gud 4 public consumption nd tries 2 maintain a friendly atmosphere 2 avoid eye saw n discomfort among d general public...I so much scorn @dat,nomatter how hungry n urgent d bby wants it,it shud b done well protected n mannered#NO SWEAT#

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Cutepie1(f): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
I think dat isnt a big deal.because some people find it easier 2 be touchin d baby cheeck as a form of greetin. while d moda is stil breastfeedin d babe
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
toluene12:
Hoarding what? countdown wetin? abeg breastfeed ur child regularly, at least for 18 months. If practicable, we encourage exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months, it is beneficial to both the mother and child.
Breastfeeding reduces the risk of developing bre.ast cancer for the mother, while it promotes mental development and improves social bonding for the child.

No bi only 18 months... Why not 30 months lipsrsealed.

On a serious note, I can get to 6 months with serious negotiation with hubby. Thanks for the advice anyway,
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by realsammie(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
why hiding those slippers call brea.st. some of the women here sayin they cant breastfeed in puplic are not true african mothers . the funniest thing is that most of these women's brea.st were already in VERY bad condition even before they got married and will be here forming firm brea.st

i pity my Ex's future husband.

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Originalsly: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
victokafor: Most of us went through this process of feeding! BUt in our world of today with so many pollutants released from nucleated and dispersed factories around us, babies health are to be considered. Nursing covers should be used inorder to reduce or remove the effect of air pollutants while breastfeeding in the environment.
nursing covers?... to protect babies from pollutants in the air while breastfeeding? Let me remind you that the baby gets the milk through the mouth and not the nostrils. If you are that concerned then start promoting the use of respirators for babies.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by ignis: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
yuzedo: WE MEN ARE NOT COMPLAINING......... tongue tongue tongue
Please continue, but show us the 2nd bobbie too while at it... grin wink kiss
Olodo, what are you saying?
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by babadey(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
smartmom:

cheesy tongue urs ke? na lie, it belongs primarily to ur baby. Customized drink and food for the baby for at least 6 months!that precious baby came with prepacked food by its creator and deposited on ur chest so be ready to make it available! If I was the creator, any mother hoarding the breast will forfeit the firmness and have to make do with a deflated bag of flesh angry

I like u jare grin
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by odogift(f): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
If I may asked: Don't d mum eats in public? So why can't d baby? As a nursing mother u hv to be conscious of wat u wear to public places so as to make way for ur baby demand anytime doing such in a decent manner dat befits a civilised woman!

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
I'm have nothing against it but I don't wanna see. I think there's something they call nursing bra

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by joymary7(f): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
As for M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥.. My son cries anytime we get to public places ( market, church, classroom, cinema) and ‎​i feed him. If I'm driving and he cries ‎​i park somewere and feed him, ‎​i am very young to Βε̲̣̣̣̥ bringing out my boobs in public but ‎​i don't av a̶̲̥̅̊ choice because my baby must eat..

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by oluwaisaac(m): 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
ignis: I don-t see anything wrong with it. Should a baby starve because the mum is in the public?
Kai, dat property na her husband get am o, no be pikin payfor am...make she coveram. Ayam tru.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by specialguest(f): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Finally the forbidden word bre-st has been allowed on nairaland... Happy graduation ceremony nairalanders cheesy By the way why is it that when i spell bre-st with an 'a' it automatically changes to bosom?

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by nagoma(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
It all depends on how you classify Brest:

1. Brest is A sex organ that must be covered for decency?
2. Brest is primarily the natural and best food for babies and is their right to have it on demand anywhere?
3. Brest is a business commodity for the modern women and only a little portion of it should be shown as a tantalizer to enhance attractiveness?

Structurally of course brests are 2 hemispherical eminences situated on the front of a woman's chest. Each is surmounted by a nipil. ........functionally it is a milk factory , store and dispenser. Since babies feed on milk as whole meal , in my view the babies have more right to it than others.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View by nagoma(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lord Babs: How fun and romantic would it be if fathers could dîckfeed their babies. But why can't men feed their babies, using their phallus? Afterall s.perm isn't poisonous to health. Why is nature so selectively partial? At least, we could thus have dîckfeeding, and not only breåstfeeding.

This person is pervert, believe me. Just watch him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Asking Our Elders "How Are You?" ? / Name Abraham Daniel: Have You Seen This Man? / How Do You Handle Incest Issue In A Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.