Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

A Ride To Remember - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Ride To Remember (1741 Views)

Are You A Ride Or Die Romantic Chick? / Result Of"wife Gets Free Ride To Work From Male Colleague" / Wife Enjoying Free Ride To Work From Her Male Colleague In Office. Advisable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Ride To Remember by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2006
it's the 23rd of April, typical rochester weather, kinda damp and rainy all morning.
It's about 2pm and i'm just out of church, phew! not again, i'm walking along the ramp just as the last bus is leaving the bus station. yeah, another one hr of endless waiting and in the rain!

I didnt know when she pulled up. All i hear is someone screaming at me to get out of the rain and get in her car. I'm kinda nervous, i don't usually take free rides especially from pple i don't know, but she looks harmless.
"Get in the car boy, you just came from bethel aight?" One look at the rumbling skies and i'm in the car shaking like a wet chicken.
I flash my daintiest smile, she's talking nineteen to the dozen telling me how good a christian she is and how all christians must help their neighbours when they see them in need and how i was in the rain and she's got an empty car and her "christian" nature forced her to take me in.
She's white and I notice she's smoking. She says sorry though and i smile again.
"i don't mind," i knew i was lying.

"where you going?" the accent sounds funny.
"Crittenden,"
"Where? "
"strong hospital,"
"oh," she mumbles something about how expensive gas is and how she's only being a good "christian".
"You new at bethel?" She's glancing at me with her weird looking eyes. I notice her brother is sitting quietly in the back of the beat up car.
"Yeah, 6 months now."
"How'd you find it?"
"the phone book, mapquest? i don't know. maybe i stumbled on it."
"Yay! Bethel is nice, there are many black men there." my first feeling of dread washes over me. She's still smiling and glancing at me now, i'm looking straight ahead wondering when we were going to smash into another car.
She goes on about how all her girl friends all have black boyfriends and how she regrets not getting one until she had her tubes tied.
Now i'm thinking i'm being kidnapped.

"There's dinner at my place today if you want."
"er, ah, no i'm going straight to school ma'am."
"School? it's sunday young man."
"yes, i'm going to study." i'm praying she doesn't notice all i've got is a bible and a novel (the hardy boys).
"Ok, you can call me then, be a good christian boy and give me a call would ya?"
i nod my head weakly. still shaking in disbelief.
She takes out a card and scribbles her home and cell phone number on it. i'm holding it, she says i should put it in my pocket but she notices i don't have one.
"stick it in your bible boy."
I do just that.

"Guess my age." i'm shocked!
"maybe 40," i venture. she bursts into laughter.
"You must be 35, maybe younger? 25?" i smile and tell her she's very close to it.
"You must like older women don't ya?" stony silence from my end.
She laughs and keeps rambling about how good a christian she is by dragging her brother to church.
"It's the heart boy. God sees the heart." i smile too, i nod in agreement.

Ah, soon she stops at my destination.
She turns to me i'm afraid she's going to kiss me. i draw back a little but not so obvious.
"You don't have a girl friend do you?" i shake my head wishing i could lie just for one moment. What i wouldn't give for one innocent lie, Lord.
"Good. You don't have other women do ya?" I shake my head again.
"Good, make sure you call me," i'm out of the door, i bang the door and take a few steps towards the greying library buildings. She waves one last time and screeches off to the street.
I could still hear her shreaking, call me!

Today is tuesday. I haven't called her, maybe i should as a "good christian" boy. No! A part of me shrieks.
I never will, why should i call her?
I won't be sacrificing my life and soul on the laps of a delilah.
My mind seems to have a "mind" of it's own. What if the "delilah" where a nubile 25 yr old chick?
Maybe i wouldn't have minded doing my "christian" duties, i probably won't even be calling her a delilah. i'd have been plotting my next move.

The card is still in my bible, i haven't thrown it out yet. Maybe someone might be "christian" enough to volunteer to call her. As for me, i won't be fulfilling anyone's crazy black men fantasy. I've had enough of that nonsense!
Re: A Ride To Remember by Zahymaka(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2006
Crazy. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Ride To Remember by glamrocka(f): 1:21am On Apr 25, 2006
AWWW smiley pooor thing. Is this a real story? did it happen to you? if the anwser is yes then you must stick to your first instinct and resist ,''Do Not Call'' she sounds wacko
Re: A Ride To Remember by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 25, 2006
haha sounds untrue right?

Yeah it actually happened this last sunday. i still have her card in my bible.
Re: A Ride To Remember by yemstar(f): 3:47am On Apr 25, 2006
At least ur okay, May God protect us from all nut cases out there, amin oh. wink
Re: A Ride To Remember by hotangel2(f): 4:18am On Apr 25, 2006
Come on boy, call her.

She won't steal u from the phone. U really think if she wanted to harm you, she would have dropped u off at the place u wanted to go when she had all the power to drive u wherever she wants?

Call her mehn, talk to her, she might have been nervous while talking to u, trust me, some women talk the most when they are nervous, it's like, let me just spit everything out, i hope he understands i like him.

I aint saying it's love at first sight, but a call would do u no harm, afterall, as a good christian, u should keep to ut promises, uummm yeah u made a promise when u didn't refuse her number. CALL HER! *drum rolls* CALL HER!
Re: A Ride To Remember by Zahymaka(m): 5:03am On Apr 25, 2006
I don't think he should.
Re: A Ride To Remember by yemstar(f): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2006
I agree with zahymaka, but u should do what feels right to you smiley
Re: A Ride To Remember by hotangel2(f): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
CALL HER!! Daing?? Will she bite u?
Re: A Ride To Remember by niterider(m): 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2006
Call her man.Watchu scared of?wat cld she possibly do?
Re: A Ride To Remember by eslynera(f): 1:13am On Nov 29, 2006
honestly, she sounds evil, i swear that time when she could of turned back at me and ask" do u have a boyfriend?"
oooooooooohhhhh i would of fainted grin
Re: A Ride To Remember by harvey(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2006
Dont be tempted to call her,cos thats how it all starts when the devil wanna attack ur faith,a call,them a harmless dinner with an old lady,before u know it u will be laying on her.throw that card off ur window.i aint going to be someone toy.she is just a church attendant not a christan cos being a christain u have to be christ like.we are not perfect but we all should try to flee from sin,cos u cant see God if u regard sin in ur heart.if it was a younger and more decent approach,then u can give it a shot.but with no sex involve.
Re: A Ride To Remember by eslynera(f): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2006
and shall we all say Amen to our brother grin
Re: A Ride To Remember by Damsal(f): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2006
lol, she sounds pretty cool, well apart from the whole black boy fantasy thing. i think you should give her a call she did say she was a christian, what's the worst she can do,
Re: A Ride To Remember by Raymand(m): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2006
A ride to remember is when a guy gets picked up by a pretty jobless 'adventurer' circling the country looking for the perfect fu_ck. . . cool
Re: A Ride To Remember by fellow(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2006
Raymand:

A ride to remember is when a guy gets picked up by a pretty jobless 'adventurer' circling the country looking for the perfect fu_ck. . . cool

Lol come to think of it, she would also have her fantasy fulfilled. If i were you i would call right away and lunch would be a perfect think to ask

No friend No foe
Re: A Ride To Remember by mrpataki(m): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2006
I was just about leaving when i noticed your story, you know what, your past has just come to hunt you guy, i dont want to mention your real name on this thread, so that peeps wont know i know you way long back friend. Remember that young lighted hearted gurl you left way back in naija,after takling home to momma guess what goes around comes around davidylan.
Go out with her david, please, so that we can all laugh here in naija.
Anyways dont get too curious to know who i am. cos it is pointless to do that. just take it that i will always be there to watch your back come what may.
From another curious person just like the one you met on Sunday wink grin grin grin
Re: A Ride To Remember by Genial(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2006
mrpataki:

I was just about leaving when i noticed your story, you know what, your past has just come to hunt you guy, i don't want to mention your real name on this thread, so that peeps wont know i know you way long back friend. Remember that young lighted hearted girl you left way back in naija,after takling home to momma guess what goes around comes around davidylan.
Anyways don't get too curious to know who i am. because it is pointless to do that. just take it that i will always be there to watch your back come what may.
From another curious person just like the one you met on Sunday wink grin grin grin

Are you stalking him, monsieur?
Re: A Ride To Remember by fellow(m): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2006
mrpataki:

I was just about leaving when i noticed your story, you know what, your past has just come to hunt you guy, i don't want to mention your real name on this thread, so that peeps wont know i know you way long back friend. Remember that young lighted hearted girl you left way back in naija,after takling home to momma guess what goes around comes around davidylan.
Anyways don't get too curious to know who i am. because it is pointless to do that. just take it that i will always be there to watch your back come what may.

Guy don't mind him though na eni mimo.
Don't ask me who he is cause i won't tell you. But O ga oh mr pataki,

YOU BE EFCC WEY DEY WATCH BACKS
Abeg david help me talk some senses into am. You know how you do it

Dance make i Dance

(1) (Reply)

The Ten(10) Mistake Ladies Made With Men / Even Thouh Im Not Goodlooking I Get The Cute Girls / Broken Hearted. Nigerian Men Give Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.