Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,894 members, 7,956,372 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning (29771 Views)

Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by delors(m): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2012
Heya! RIP o...abeg make that soldier helicopter self no go crash again o...that mean say 'deadi body get accident, yeepa'!
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Why do Nigerians write and speak in such colloquial manner ?
Why should this thread say Yakowa's corpse
Doesn't it appear odd to our people that no one describes things in this manner
20 children and 8 adults were massacred in Connecticut and American media and the rest of the civilized world says the bodies of the children or the bodies of the deceased
Not their corpses
That is such an uncouth way to describe a fallen governor and anyone for that matter
We are quick to learn rubbish from the West and very slow when it comes to learning the right things
If a moderator is reading,please change the heading to " Yakowa's body being transported"
That is a respectful way to describe him.
This forum is unique in that many of the posters live outside of Nigeria ,you can set a trend by using proper formal terms to address situations rather the normal cut and join backwardness in the Nigerian media.[/size]

The man gave up the ghost angry angry angry
What rubbish!
Who still speaks like that in the 20th let alone 21st century

3 Likes

Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Ramtzy: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
Oya...!!! make all Bayelsa political bigshots ready fly helicopter on thursday o, cos dem must come Kaduna for Yakowa funeral as him take come their own too..No kain! Yakowa..RIP
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by searay(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
ogaemma:

That is to tell you how insecure the Niger Delta is. Even at their combatant dressed,they could be an attack attempting to kidnapp his corpse to demand for ransome.
Brossssss, u don crack my ribs, wetin kidnappers want carry corpse? Anyway this is 9ja, anything is possible.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
R I P!
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Booty4me: 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
angry
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by dady12: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
blink182: these are the important corpses, I'm sure the others will travel by road.
you ve spoken my mind
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by MissEZ(f): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
babyosisi: [size=18pt]Why do Nigerians write and speak in such colloquial manner ?

In response to your post :-)

A body refers to the material organism of an individual, human or animal, living or dead. Corpse is accurate because it specifies that the body is dead. The term "corpse" is often used to show that the body is being prepared for burial. We can also use the phrase "dead body", but why use two words where one will suffice? Except your gripe is with the word corpse, which i dare say is used in the media in the States as well.

While i think that it is good for people to speak well regardless of where they are from, i think that this post was unnecessary in the given context and the use of the term corpse was not in any way disrespectful to Yakowa. My 2 kobo

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by jelly4belly: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
cry may his gentle soul rest in peace cry
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by UyiIredia(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
Interesting.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Leemak: 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
rest in peace d dead, greet Sanni Abacha for us........
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by DrEva(m): 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2012
RIP
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
Miss EZ:

In response to your post :-)

A body refers to the material organism of an individual, human or animal, living or dead. Corpse is accurate because it specifies that the body is dead. The term "corpse" is often used to show that the body is being prepared for burial. We can also use the phrase "dead body", but why use two words where one will suffice? Except your gripe is with the word corpse, which i dare say is used in the media in the States as well.

While i think that it is good for people to speak well regardless of where they are from, i think that this post was unnecessary in the given context and the use of the term corpse was not in any way disrespectful to Yakowa. My 2 kobo

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

I certainly don't think you meant to offend
Sometimes the dictionary meaning of a word only goes so far
One big thing that differentiates us from lower beings is the ability to evolve and that includes language
Sometime ago it was perfectly ok to describe children as bastards or the mentally challenged as ret.ar.ded ,now it is unacceptable,does it change the dictionary meanings?
It is not proper to use corpse in this context just because it is in the dictionary
You don't have to believe me ask someone else (outside of Nigeria)
I have not seen corpse used to describe anyone in this context outside of the Nigerian media
It is time we dropped the colloquialism and roll with the people that gave us the language and the dictionary too
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Uniquexty(f): 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
Babyosisi and Miss Ezi, wait for me the Jury to decide. Btw, i was rushing 2 be d first 2 comment. Damn it
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Emusan(m): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
zinnygold: My his soul rest IN peace . AMEN

whic kind english be this
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by ubong560(m): 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2012
Why airlifted the already troubled corpse again? What if the chopper got crashed again? No be double wahala for be dat? Can't they use road?
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Braco: 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2012
topeorekoy: The corpse former Gov. of Kaduna State Patrick Yakowa being airlifted from Bayelsa State to Kaduna State. He will be buried on on Thursay 21st December 2012.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-biYKa8UJAvw/UNB5tD_ccpI/AAAAAAAAbC8/VwolQxAjv74/s640/yakowa1.jpg[/img]

http://topeorekoya..com/2012/12/photos-late-yakowa-being-transported.html
We all love you, God love you most.may your gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
ULSHERLAN:
I guess you forgot boko harams still existed in the North

Some of you really need to go back to primary school as a matter of fact.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by MissEZ(f): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
babyosisi:

I dont want to derail the thread, especially since this is about the loss of a loved one for some people, but i do see what you are saying and agree with you to a certain degree. I live in the US as well, and my problem with speech here is that there is so much of a push for Political Correct speech at the detriment of honest engagement. Of course there is the other extreme in Naija of speaking bluntly and unreflectively sometimes. In terms of the word corpse, well i watch alot of forensic related stuff, and so the word corpse is used in media reports pertaining to such. Maybe not so much in mainstream news. We can talk about this a little further if you like, but not on this thread. PM me or something

In any case lets us not derail the thread. A father, son, nephew and friend has been lost by several families. May God comfort them.

Good talk Babyosisi
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by stello(f): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
Why are the army guys dressed so combatant..
Navy, with white would have been better. And no bullet profs.

im Just wondering too!
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by sirugos(m): 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
He will be buried on on Thursay 21st December 2012. @ op is thursay 21st december? Thursay indeed
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
IYA NGBALI: na the other corpse chose to travel by road they were scared of having another air crash which might be too much to handle
lwtmb, if you know how seriously I have had this thought in mind today, when the helicopter took off, it first flew backwards like it was in reverse before flying forward.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
berem!:
important my azz! what makes dead yakowa more important than a dead rat? all na corpse jare! they will all decay na! abi no be so?
lol, last respect things and propaganda.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by komek(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
berem!:
important my azz! what makes dead yakowa more important than a dead rat? all na corpse jare! they will all decay na! abi no be so?
U talk nonsense most times. Why not think of growing up? Am just suggesting.

1 Like

Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
komek:
U talk nonsense most times. Why not think of growing up? Am just suggesting.
what do you mean nonsense, are the contents of those coffins even as valuable as a dead rat, abi u wan read morgue report before your crase go cure?
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by edoyad(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
nifemi01: Abeg make they ensure say dis helicopter no crash with him body again o

grin
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Wendyslim(f): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
Gozzzy: Abeg, how many of him parts dey inside that coffin
go there go count am. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Wuse: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
may his soul rest in peace
topeorekoy: The
corpse former Gov. of Kaduna State Patrick Yakowa being airlifted from
Bayelsa State to Kaduna State. He will be buried on on Thursay 21st
December 2012.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-biYKa8UJAvw/UNB5tD_ccpI/AAAAAAAAbC8/VwolQxAjv74/s640/yakowa1.jpg[/img]

http://topeorekoya..com/2012/12/photos-late-yakowa-being-transported.html
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by GhaliNaaba(m): 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
I cry for his money in swiss bank, Dubai property, london mansion and refinery for south africa.
Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Souljaboi1: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
To think I was in that very same NAF 567 on the 10th of this month....

"Beware of the destroyer of DESIRES.... DEATH !!! cry

Re: Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning by Souljaboi1: 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2012
ubong560: Why airlifted the already troubled corpse again? What if the chopper got crashed again? No be double wahala for be dat? Can't they use road?

No need to worry bro, we just finished the 300 hrs inspection on that chopper, and already did a test flight....

So I can tell you, SHE is good to go... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military To Begin Operation Crocodile Smile In Ogun State / Obasanjo Visits President Ramaphosa Of South Africa. / Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.