Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,792 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. (58030 Views)

How Do You Dispose Your Sanitary Pads? / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth / Dairies Sanitary Pad Kills - Ladies Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 22, 2012
freecocoa: Bado no go kill me o grin grin grin.

Just imagine person say she dey wash and squeeze pad, omo like wtf? shocked
shockedshocked kai, but why? Na so another one talk say she dey use hand shred her own. Like wtf na? I understand it's your blood and stuff but still, that's just nasty.
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Redmosquito(m): 1:16am On Dec 22, 2012
I followed a babe here oooo! I was bored oooo!!
Na Amamdioha go kee anybody wey get any funny ideas about my visit here angry angry angry
Oahray! Hope u no say u don spoil ur life finish?! undecided angry angry
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 22, 2012
Some questions should just not be asked.

1 Like

Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Redmosquito(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Viewing this topic: Oahray(m), Redmosquito(m), ItsModella(f)
A cool couple and the gateman (Oahray) grin grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Redmosquito(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Some questions should just not be asked.
yansh bead na how u dey do ur own? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 22, 2012
See them...Oahray and Mosquito, wetin una dey find for hia?
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Redmosquito(m): 1:23am On Dec 22, 2012
I am running a survey for a jujuman. Seems most people prefer to flush rather than throw away.
Juju man: No wonder we no longer see it in dustbins. My son! Give me the address of waste management.
Night
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Redmosquito(m): 1:24am On Dec 22, 2012
ItsModella: See them...Oahray and Mosquito, wetin una dey find for hia?
I am looking for a safe way to take care of my pad. I currently eat mine, is that bad? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by delors(m): 3:32am On Dec 22, 2012
Roseey0: Personally i rap mine up in the initial rapper<the nylon b4 the package itself> then dispose,but i need more options.

Ladies plz share,how do u dispose yours? how do others that you know of, dispose theres? what method do you think serves best?

Grammar Police
Aunty Rose, abeg dey send ur drafts to WAEC or JAMB make dem for grade am before posting on NL abeg...

1. WRAP not RAP?
2. WRAPPER or RAPPER?
3. 'Dispose off' not just 'dispose' (in this context)
4. THEIRS not THERES
For this kind small post, u commit like four ogbonge grammatical genocide! Na wah o...BTW, how moderator self go put this kind topic for front page? Na wah o. Soon, the next one go be 'which b.reast is bigger? The left or the right! Una just dey fall my hand. SMH
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 22, 2012
Whats a sanitary pad?
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
I flush the tampons down the toilet, then the pad, I wrap in its wrap and throw in trash can , everyday panty liners are disposed same way too.

Lol Naija burning pads... they'll call city council on you here grin grin grin
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
jidegirl12: I flush the tampons down the toilet, then the pad, I wrap in its wrap and throw in trash can , everyday panty liners are disposed same way too.

Lol Naija burning pads... they'll call city council on you here grin grin grin

Na Naija ppl dey fear witch pazz grin grin grin

Dem go pray on top of it sef
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by dominique(f): 12:10am On Dec 23, 2012
@Ladies burning pads
don't you stop and think fir a moment that what you're doing is actually polluting the atmosphere? Global warming apart, how about the risk to your lungs? I Cant imagine inhaling burning rubber+cotton wool+dried blood + Godknowswhatelse on a monthly basis (we need a sick emoticon tongue). Can never be that paranoid to go to such extent. As for shredding stuff, Need i say more? Free cocoa and Idowu already has that covered grin
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by dominique(f): 12:12am On Dec 23, 2012
@Ladies burning pads
don't you stop and think for a moment that what you're doing is actually polluting the atmosphere? Global warming apart, how about the risk to your lungs? I Cant imagine inhaling burning rubber+cotton wool+dried blood + Godknowswhatelse on a monthly basis (we need a sick emoticon tongue). Can never be that paranoid to go to such extent. As for shredding stuff, Need i say more? Free cocoa and Idowu already has that covered grin
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by naijababe2(f): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2012
For me i find it safe to burn sanitary pads, people do scavenge for used pads in refuse dumps for ritual purposes, its either u flush the tissue part of the pad or u burn it,.. Better safe than sorry!
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by FXKing2012(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
J12: Whats a sanitary pad?
are u 12yrs old? dont u think u are too young to be on this site?

1 Like

Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by FXKing2012(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
naijababe2:
For me i find it safe to burn sanitary pads, people do scavenge for used pads in refuse dumps for ritual purposes, its either u flush the tissue part of the pad or u burn it,.. Better safe than sorry!

hmnnn......
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Idowuogbo(f): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
naijababe2:
Ewwww!!! Standing dia burning blooded pads, u fevking nasty!
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by naijababe2(f): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ewwww!!! Standing dia burning blooded pads, u fevking nasty!

Which is more nastier burning blooded pads or shredding blooded pads with ur hands to flush?
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Idowuogbo(f): 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
naijababe2:

Which is more nastier burning blooded pads or shredding blooded pads with ur hands to flush?
Both! U both nasty.smelly gals! *pukes*
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by naijababe2(f): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2012
cheesy grin undecided
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Sammiejo: 9:53am On Dec 24, 2012
Dispose your pads, the way that best suits you.
Needless to say that people are not taking these measures for fun.
I remember years ago a guy was caught at the back of one of the female hostels in Uniben packing/picking/collecting used sanitary towels/pads in a bag.
After serious beating, he confessed that he needed them for sale to his herbalist clients.
Better safe than sorry.

In Europe and the US you can dispose using local waste management procedures.
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by auxide: 4:41am On Jun 29, 2013
U never see blood....
Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Pippa123456: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Well, I wear the old-fashioned Dr Whites looped pads, but don’t use a belt with them. Instead I just wear them inside very close-fitting knickers. My favs are white high-leg Sloggis, which my pad just slips inside, nice and snuggy against me. It feels really comfy that way and much better than using pads with sticky strips.

So when I want to change my pad, I simply undo my skirt (I usually wear skirts or dresses when I’m on), let it fall to the floor, pull my tights down to my knees (I like wearing tights when I’m on, as they help keep everything snug and secure), then I pull my stretchy Sloggi pants open at the front, reach inside and grab hold of the loop on the pad, and slowly ease the pad out of my knickers, wiggling it gently from side to side so that it slips out…

It always feels a little tickly, as the pad slowing comes out, but I quite like that, lol. When it’s out, I fold the pad in half and wrap toilet tissue around it and pop it into a sanitary pad bag, then put the bag in the bin. Job done. I then slip a nice soft clean pad inside my knickers, adjust it so it feels comfy, and then pull my knickers and tights up, and skirt, and I’m good to go!

Pippa X

1 Like

Re: Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. by Pojomojo: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
I think she's right what do you think?
Condoms should be sold and pads should be given for free because sex is a choice but menstruation isn't and young girls without money are suffering out there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flood ‘chases’ Corpses Out Of Mortuary In Lagos / Man Holds His Old Diseased Heart After Undergoing Heart Transplant (Photos) / "How Painful Coronavirus Testing Is" - Woman Shares Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.