Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency (1003 Views)

Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo) / What I Saw In Owerri Today And Okorocha Calls It Developmental Achievement.photo / Breaking: Nda-isaiah And Okorocha Step Down For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
If merit and all round acceptability are to be considered, i have no doubt that the combination of the Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko and the Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha are the best the opposition parties can offer if they stand any chance to emerge victorious.

Both candidates may be Christians, but the acceptability of these two in my opinion have no match. I believe this would be the repeat of the June 12 election which produced two Muslims candidates as winner.

Okorocha in my opinion should take the presidency and Mimiko as Vice.

Okorocha no doubt in today's Nigeria has earned himself the love of the Nigerian youths,from the north and south. Even the market women in a place like osun has heard the good news of Okorocha's wonders in Imo. According to a petty trader woman i encounter in ilorin, she said, Okorocha is the kind of president Nigeria needs,but she feared that the elite would not allow him.

The Igbo's has long been hunting for a presidential candidate,today, Okorocha who had stolen the heart of so many youths would no doubt be the man.

Mimiko on the other hand is a magician. A man with a magic touch of positive transformation. Human welfarism is his basic concern,grass root engagement and community development,his initiative policies was evident in his numerous project in Ondo State. From the Mega school, which every state is currently imitating.. even the Jagaban on Acn also said, such school is better situated in Lagos, to The Mother and child Hospital, free and efficient health service delivery with no compromising quality. The modern markets,the urban renewal,etc.

With the failure of Acn governments in the southwest,the whole of the region is presently looking unto the Iroko has Mimiko is fondly called as the only hope for good governance. Beyond the southwest, the name Mimiko to most young people in Nigeria signifies principle. A man that would never concede,a man that would never betray,he man that stands against all odds, a man that would defeat all combined powers and a man that would never hurt the people.

If both candidates stands,there is no doubt, the ruling party would likely loose,considering the fact the majority of the voters are young people.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by GARRIx7(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
Bwahahahahaha....

Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
What is that suppose to mean
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by GARRIx7(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
bilms: What is that suppose to mean

What's is what??
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by babapupa: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
bilms: What is that suppose to mean

means your are ridiculous...
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
Really
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by GARRIx7(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
babapupa:

means your are ridiculous...
Not only is he ridiculous, I think he's also not very endowed upstairs. Judging by his posts, I'll say he has the IQ of a snail. Check out all his posts on this thread, they're mor0nic to say the least...
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 6:11am On Dec 21, 2012
You are so perfect.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 7:22am On Dec 21, 2012
smiley
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by djeezy(m): 7:41am On Dec 21, 2012
@Op, who sent you?
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2012
?
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2012
@op,
Great thread. Don't mind those trying to ridicule you to submission.

I believe Rochas has every quality to be a good president for Nigeria, likewise Mimiko.

There are many upside to his Presidency. On one hand, the SE quest for presidency and total reintegration will be fulfilled, and pockets of Biafran activists will have little or nothing to agitate for. Nigeria unity will the first beneficiary of this.

Secondly, Rochas is a very competent and totally detribalised Nigerian; he is a positively hyperactive man who is animated by ideas and visions. I also think Rochas educational policy will favour a lot of Nigerians especially in the North, who mostly need it more than most region. He is articulate, intelligent and brings no godfather baggage to the the presidency.

The downside to his Presidency, may be that the SE may not benefit beyond the mere knowledge of the fact that their 'son' is there. Those who produce the president hardly benefit from it, as experience has shown.

Having said this, I doubt if pairing him with the Iroko Mimiko will appeal to Northern voters. Among others, Iroko has proved capable of standing on his own.

Ribadu seems more appropriate as Vice President to Rochas. He has vast experience in government that he could bring on board, and he also appeals to the youth.

However, suffice it to say that the 2015 Presidency is a complicated affair because Nigeria is a country of ethnic nationalism. In the end, what is tenable is to determine which ethnic group has the fairest claim to the presidency, and identify the competent and ready candidate in that ethnic group for promotion. I believe that group is the SE Zone. Others think it is the North, while many will prefer GEJ to complete a second term. Balancing the competing need of every group will be paramount in deciding the power equation.

Unless we want to pander to naivety and sentiments, this is how 2015 presidency will eventually pan out.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by PaulJohn1: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2012
bilms: ... Even the market women in a place like osun has heard the good news of Okorocha's wonders in Imo. According to a petty trader woman i encounter in ilorin, she said, Okorocha is the kind of president Nigeria needs,but she feared that the elite would not allow him...

grin grin grin grin
LWTMB(Laugh won tear my belle)
Delusion at it peak.

That's even if they have any idea a place like South-East Nigeria is existing grin grin

Okorosha ko Ojukwu ni

I like dreamers grin
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2012
I fear that Ribadu may not appeal much in the north. He couldnt win his own state in the 2011 election. Lets assume he his a choice,considering the fact that he has contested for the presidency,will he want to accept the vp? I totally disagree that most people would want gej for second term. In fact in my opinion,if the people have a means of removing him b4 d completion of this first term,most Nigerians would ensure he his removed due to his clear failure.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
bilms: I fear that Ribadu may not appeal much in the north. He couldnt win his own state in the 2011 election. Lets assume he his a choice,considering the fact that he has contested for the presidency,will he want to accept the vp? I totally disagree that most people would want gej for second term. In fact in my opinion,if the people have a means of removing him b4 d completion of this first term,most Nigerians would ensure he his removed due to his clear failure.

By and large the people will pick their choice from what the political party dishes. The way I see it, GEJ returning depends largely on the agreement he can reach with the North and SE. It's very dicey, but then 2015 is long time in politics. There will be alot alignment and realignment of forces and interest. Despite what the media propaganda is saying, GEJ has done fairly well given the difficult circumstance of his presidency. Whether he deserves to run for a second term or not depends largely on how he plays his card with the political gladiator, against what Nairaland armchair pundits will have us believe. The part about removing him befoere he completes his term is bunkum; it can never happen because of the serious security implication of it. The man who has brought political corruption under control, improves power supply, engage in fierce battle of with with subsidy cabal, brought back the trains, improve Nigeria Corruption Rating, rehabilitate the aviation industry, dealt will corruption in fertilizer distribution, rehabilitate several almajiris by building decent schools for them, among others all with a spate of two years can only be termed failure by mischief makers.

But let's not deviate from the thread. My argument remains that it is the political elites that will eventually decide who become the president among GEJ, SE candidate, and North candidate. Other permutation will be the a side show.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Did you say brought corruption under control? We are rated the second most corrupt in the world. Ha ha. Gej may be given 20%, he has done so badly if we want to speak the truth. Though,you are right about playing the political card. But know matter what,if pdp give gej the ticket,its days are numbered. No matter how much gej spend,he cant emerge based on his poor performance,bad image and anti masses policies
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
bilms: Did you say brought corruption under control? We are rated the second most corrupt in the world. Ha ha. Gej may be given 20%, he has done so badly if we want to speak the truth. Though,you are right about playing the political card. But know matter what,if pdp give gej the ticket,its days are numbered. No matter how much gej spend,he cant emerge based on his poor performance,bad image and anti masses policies

Nigeria is rated second most corrupt country in the world by which agency? The last time I checked Tranperancy International have been responsible for this rating, and Nigeria's position increased marginally in the last one. So who is fooling who?

As per how the 2015 election will go, let's cross that bridge when we get there.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by seanet01: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
Beer parlour discussion.
Mimiko a returning governor who can not win 50% of the total vote cast= he did not perform to merit the vote of the majority.
He was only helped by the division of the opposition.
Okorocha: the most useless governor i have ever seen.
This is somebody that appoints a SPECIAL ADVISER ON COMEDY.
He just declare two weeks of holiday for civil servants. Honestly the are not worth managing my dogs talkless of Nigeria.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2012
I guess you live in togo to say Mimiko didnt win 50% of the post. He actually won 72%.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by seanet02: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2012
bilms: I guess you live in togo to say Mimiko didnt win 50% of the post. He actually won 72%.
Let us see the result. You are a liar
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by seunfly: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
Very good!!! The affiliation of PDP. Huuu! They are real opposition indeed.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
what are they?
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
@sea, i beg, no fall inside sea ooo.. if i am a liar,you provide the result and give us the %
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ondo-lp-mimiko-won-poll-by-73-of-votes/130044/

Ondo State chapter of the Labour Party (LP) has stated that its flag bearer in the October 20 governorship election, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, won the election with 73 per cent of the total votes cast.

The party also added that the electoral victory was an emphatic demonstration of the confidence of the people in Mimiko’s developmental projects, which had transformed the state into a cynosure of all eyes in the last three and a half years.

A statement issued by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Mr. Femi Okunjemiruwa, noted that it was sad that people could now be making wild allegations all in a bid to explain away their loss at the election and undermine the renewal of Mimiko’s mandate by the people based on his sterling performance as governor in the last three and a half years.

“It is worrisome that in the last few days, the opposition had resorted into the fabrication of a false impression to undermine the victory of Mimiko by publishing in the media that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) accredited 29,000 voters in Akure South Local Government Area, while Labour Party polled 49,000.

“But the truth of the matter is that in Akure South, out of 252,731 registered voters, 86,343 were accredited to vote, while LP scored 49,915 votes to Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) 11,955 and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) 12, 467 votes out of the total votes cast of 82,711!

“But because it does not favour them, they have resorted to media stunts to discredit an election that had been adjudged as one of the best in Nigeria. Indeed, it is apposite to note that in the entire six local government councils in the Central Senatorial District namely Akure South, Akure North, Ifedore, Ondo East, Ondo West and Idanre, neither the ACN and PDP could score the mandatory 25 per cent of the votes cast!

“Statistically, Dr Olusegun Mimiko got 73 per cent of the total votes cast in the election scoring 25 per cent and above in 17 out of the 18 local government areas in the state. He also came first in 13 out of the 18 councils as against seven local government areas won by the ACN and PDP’s eight local government areas. Thus, from the forgoing while both ACN and PDP got 25 per cent and above in 15 local government areas, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko of LP got 25 per cent and above in 17 local government areas. This is the reason why they are all out to create a wrong perception for those who are unaware of the true position of things in the State by using a section of the media loyal to their clandestine cause which will fail,” Okunjemiruwa explained.

The LP secretary, while positing that comparatively, the election of Ondo State had the highest turn out of voters in recent elections in the country, noted that it had equally been adjudged as free and fair by foreign and local observers, the United States of America, the Presidency, and other interest groups including the security and the media who monitored the election.

The party, therefore, called for caution on the series of snide remarks being made by aggrieved parties in the election even as he registered the implication of casting aspersions on people without proof to substantiate them.
Re: Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency by bilms(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2012
That is it

(1) (Reply)

Unn Convocation Lecture Delivered By Obiageli Ezekwesili (a Must Read) / Tour: Maku Visits Edo, Shuns Oshiomhole / Nigeria Behind In Contract Approvals Among Oil Peers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.