Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage (8896 Views)

Lagos To Phase Out Motorcycles, Danfo –investigation / FG Approves New Automotive Industrial Policy, To Phase Out 'Tokubo' / Lagos to Purchase 100000 Units of Minibuses,to Phase Out Danfo By Dec 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by talktrue1(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2012
The Federal Government in collaboration with stakeholders in the petroleum industry has commenced drafting of a new policy to phase out kerosene and firewood usage and replaced them with Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) otherwise known as cooking gas.

The proposed policy tagged National Strategic Policy for LPG, has a five-year timeline to tactically phase out kerosene usage in the country.

The copy of the draft policy, made available to Daily Trust, proposed the launching of a pilot programme to replace kerosene with LPG for poorer households within defined geographical areas in several representative states.

The project will consists of the provision of free or low cost starter kit of cylinder, basic appliances and fuel, phased reduction in kerosene subsidy and simultaneous reduction in kerosene and increase in LPG supply.

Speaking yesterday at the LPG National Strategy Policy review in Abuja, Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke said with the current LPG national consumption rate of 110,000 metric tonnes per annum, Nigeria is ranked among the lowest consumers of LPG in Africa.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/184013-fg-plans-to-phase-out-kerosene-usage
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by ITbomb(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2012
everything look good on paper, Nigerian leaders weyyy lack conscience, go carry the appliances and lock them for their mansions
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by codedguy1(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2012
Why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country sef. Why not make the damn refineries work well and build new ones, and when they are working optimally the products would be made available to nigerians at a cheaper rate which will eventually make it more reasonable to acquire by the poor. This includes harnessing the gas that we flare every day. If it becomes cheap and available why would anyone want o use kerosene or go to the bush to suffer to cut wood to cook. If the right things are done some of our problems will die naturally or atleast be reduced drastically. They need to attack the proBlem from the top and holistically.

3 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Sijo01(f): 8:01am On Dec 21, 2012
Lmaooo, how's it gonna be possible??....... How will they convince all the grannies in romotes villages to stop using kerosin and FIREWOOD and embrace cooking gas?
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by DarkFive: 8:37am On Dec 21, 2012
Shinanigans ...MSCHEWWW
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by dridowu: 8:38am On Dec 21, 2012
How many pplle can efffectively use gas ?
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Abagworo(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2012
I can't even imagine suya made with LPG.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by sean079: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2012
this is good move that should have taken place decade ago, because this only require infrastructure to be put in place and then gradually we can moved to the use of electricity as tym goes on inwhich those gas can now b utilised in steam turbine to generate electricity that will be useful commercially and domestically.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by pekelepekele(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2012
Abagworo: I can't even imagine suya made with LPG.

Abi oo . Clueless people
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Shaw007(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2012
Coded guy asks--- "why do we Like deceiving ourseLves in this country?"

That questIOn keeps ringinG,anyone care 2 answer??

Or anyOne knws someOne whO cares 2 answer?
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by tunapawizzy: 8:45am On Dec 21, 2012
m sure govt is more interested in d phased kerosene subsidy removal so they can have more money to steal

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Shaw007(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2012
This government is reaLLy funny . . .ther always trying 2 do what shud be done Last first and then try 2 finish it with what shud be the 1st step

i.e . . .wiping ur ass b4 u poop!

3 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by puntersmind: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2012
Who's fooling who?
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by sean079: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2012
infact i always imagine the enormous blessing that this nation has but has been underutilized and wasted in real sense of life. like those municipal waste at the entrance of lagos are source of energy that can be used for industrial revolution only the infrastructure is needed to put it into working effectively
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by ochukoccna: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2012
Dear FG,
How do I apply for subsidy to replenish the data MB I wasted reading another of your hare brained schemes?
Sincerely yours
Omo 9ja

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by ogayor: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2012
No story. Make it readily available and relatively affordable. It is a matter of time
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Image123(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2012
why are these people so selfish, kerosene is safer than LPG.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by a1solution: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2012
Nigerian leaders knows wat is gud it just greed nd division among them that its cause of the problems.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by miiraaj: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2012
GEJ has infected everyone in this govt to start thinking from the reverse.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2012
coded guy: Why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country sef. Why not make the damn refineries work well and build new ones, and when they are working optimally the products would be made available to nigerians at a cheaper rate which will eventually make it more reasonable to acquire by the poor. This includes harnessing the gas that we flare every day. If it becomes cheap and available why would anyone want o use kerosene or go to the bush to suffer to cut wood to cook. If the right things are done some of our problems will die naturally or atleast be reduced drastically. They need to attack the proBlem from the top and holistically.
abi o
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by WebsiteDesigner: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2012
coded guy: Why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country sef. Why not make the damn refineries work well and build new ones, and when they are working optimally the products would be made available to nigerians at a cheaper rate which will eventually make it more reasonable to acquire by the poor. This includes harnessing the gas that we flare every day. If it becomes cheap and available why would anyone want o use kerosene or go to the bush to suffer to cut wood to cook. If the right things are done some of our problems will die naturally or atleast be reduced drastically. They need to attack the proBlem from the top and holistically.

good point
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by sean079: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2012
Image123: why are these people so selfish, kerosene is safer than LPG.

kerosine ke in this new era abeg forget kerosine its just a tool of corruption in the hand of those bad eggs
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by RichDad1(m): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Jokers!!! Na today? On a serious note can someone get me a LPG roasted Boli or corn? Ayam hungry
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2012
I don't think they intend to completely put an end to the use of kerosene. That's not even possible.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by babaowo: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2012
I'm sorry for Nigeria oooo....................
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by ayoola2002(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2012
dridowu: How many pplle can efffectively use gas ?
You and I, beside, gas is even cheaper than kerosene, it's only when u do a research abt d 2 products dt u can believe.

3 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Walexz02(m): 9:52am On Dec 21, 2012
See mumu talk.... Try and make the LPG cheaper and affordable to the poor by building and repairing refineries and wait and see, wether pple wil start using it or not..
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by fkaz(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2012
Abagworo: I can't even imagine suya made with LPG.
But you can imagine suya made with kerosene shi?
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Popoolaoladayo(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2012
Kai! Good innovation but wthout substance!face out kero. And firewood?e no go wrk!mshew!

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Lobolintin(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Roastin my boli wit gas, and cukin my stove wit fuel... What a fail state... I thnk diz Gej of a boy,nid yung innovative minds as advicer,nt al diz wagd idiots around him.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Rubbiiiiiiiiish!!!
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Abbott(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2012
So, basically, in five years time, be prepared for LPG aka cooking gas shortage or scarcity. Be prepared to be treated to sights of cylinders everywhere and LPG stations with adjusted meters and attendants that will obtain forcefully your balance and cries for resource allocation, from LPGPS(liquid petroleum gas producing states)and all sorts of what nots. The plan is part of the 29 years plan-don't be fooled.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Sacks Contractor Over Slow Road Construction / I Will Pay The N30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected ~ Hon. Razaq Atunwa / Buhari Message To Newly Sworn In Officers Of 9th National Assembly & Legislators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.