Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence (14786 Views)

EFCC To Write Interpol Over Sambo, Kuku, Lamorde, Others / Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / 2015: PDP, NWC Divided Over Sambo-amaechi Joint Ticket (2) (3) (4)

Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by kjhova(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
With the size of our politicians' tummies, I really don't see why their official residence won't cost $100M!!! I mean, won't they need very expansive palaces to tuck those ugly bellies in? Absolutely ridiculous!!
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by ffo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
u r invited

Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by UyiIredia(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
ANother largesse for corrupt people. 16 billion for a house is ridiculous.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by TemiHope(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nigeria has gone to the dogs
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by dady12: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
graduate are cryiny all over the streets of nigeria that , there are no job and GEJ want to spend 16 billion on VP building and fuel 1 billion for fuel subsidy for 4 weeks ,please let us ask obama to tell us how much was the cost of building world trade centre,infact is GEJ building another ASO ROCK? this man is running mad,we all know that OBJ steal but never in this manner , this is the worst admistration so far since 1960,why did senate summon JB? why not the person that give them contract?they should stop fooling themselves ,
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by XploraBen(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
After using 16b just for building the vice president’s residence,Nigeria will now go aborrowing!.When their are more biting problemz facing d country in which dis whooping amount is able to fix some of it,instead it is spent frivolously.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nyntynplus: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
And u r xpectn ppl nt 2 celebrate if sambo die nd on d oda hand sum1 is dieing because of on #250 for a drip in d hospital.. Hmn
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by amobii: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
Well is either we do something or we continue to comment, if its just comment their agents on NL would be happy but if we decide to take action, they will inform them, I think revolution against corrupt government is enough to be on street, to make our voice heard. Peaceful demo!!!! Haba 16b is just too much.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dankudi: That's about $100 Million for one house. Very Ridiculous.

Even Bill Gates house no reach 100 million dollars.

nigeria under jonathan is on the high sea waiting for a fish to get swallowed.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Abrantie: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
This Julius Berger don chop Nigeria's money wella wella since the 70s. Him belly no full yet?
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Is Julius Berger building a stadium for Sambo ni?
The funniest thing is that where was the former VP living before Sambo?
Another VP will come and demand for his own house,then the circle goes on,and on.
Nigeria has one of the most expensive running cost of governance.
Jesus wept.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by allout: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
amobii: Well is either we do something or we continue to comment, if its just comment their agents on NL would be happy but if we decide to take action, they will inform them, I think revolution against corrupt government is enough to be on street, to make our voice heard. Peaceful demo!!!! Haba 16b is just too much.

Are you aware you're also guilty of the bolded in ur post grin Okay, jokes apart, you've talked the talk, how do we walk the walk? Who's leading this protest? Abi na online protest?

Did I hear someone say na Ember months we dey oooh!

O ye of lil faith, na so una go dey
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by jumobi1(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
When its all said and done, they won't even let us see the house.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by IYANGBALI: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
gregtochi: for what ?? They want their own cut?
But seriously I think they are building a whole city for this Sambo of a guy.
you have said it all,na their own cut they wan bargain for,yeye people
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Acecube(m): 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
brownlord: Am not commenting on this, all I know is Nigeria is cursed, and Nigerians are fools simple
you're the fool.....
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
50calibre: When I say being born a Nigerian is like a curse or plague, some say I'm a pessimist.

Please tell me a country in the world where N16 billion of government money is used to build a house for just one man whereas many people struggle to survive, struggle to have three square meals, have no good road or electricity, have no jobs.

Julius Berger obviously want to get their own share of the national cake

Unfortunately on this one, I share your disillusioning pessimism. . .
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by mannyU: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
N we bout borrowing nxt year to finance budget deficit.
BTW, who ever told dat senator dat they can't Compel d arrest of anybody (dat its for the Media) And he is a Senator collecting allowance and salary. Honestly 9nija is one big hell of a joke.
THE NASS have the power to issue Warrant of Arrest!!!
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by odogift(f): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
When will Nig move forward? Hope Sambo will live forever in dat mansion? Pls, leave Julius berger alone nd tell nigrians d actual cost billed for d building. Afterall, did they consult nigerians b4 undertaking such wasteful project for a single individual? May God judge u all for milking d masses to enrich urselves.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by noblemuk: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
I am on holiday in the US and in a university in Alabama...I found out how much was expended in the construction of their brand new 60,000 capacity football stadium and it was just about 9.2 billion Naira. Almost half of what is at claim here!!!...sometimes i just marvel at our recklessness as a nation. America is set to be a top oil producing company by 2017, it points to the fact that oil wealth for Nigeria is heading for a perpetual dive. Nigeria needs to wake up, if our leaders fail...the new and upcoming generation must not.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
U mean in germany?
Freiburger: That should serve them right, they 're not even known here.....
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by FindOut(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
WE WILL NEVER STOP SAYING " WE TOLD YOU SO"

All of you complaining, sorry o! Shebi you guys saw the profligacy inherent in the Jonathan/Sambo administration before you voted them in. Would Muhammadu Buhari or Nuhu Ribadu have condoned all these trash? Abeg, make una enjoy the "fresh air" and "transformation" going on o! I've said it before, if the current pace of corruption and lack of performance is sustained or not remarkably improved upon for the better before 2015, then anyone who dares campaign for these GREEDY INSENSITIVE and also CLUELESS looters(OMG! What a combination shocked ) in power should consider himself/herself an enemy of Nigeria and Nigerians. We've had ENOUGH please.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Snikaz(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
.singing Fela's song. .....few people dey fat with "BIG MONEY" and de rest dey "HUNGRY"..............Na wayo govt we dey o. e gbami o. na padipadi govt we dey, ye! paripa! o....... later dem go say sambo/amaechi ticket... ..haba 16b.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by brownlord: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Acecube: you're the fool.....

Pls prove otherwise... Am waitin
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by OsunOriginal: 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: 16 Billion Naira

That would have fixed 50% of the roads in South-Eastm

Na only south-east needs road rehabilitation? Stupid tribalistic Igbo man.

And why are you complaining? Is the man in Aso rock not one of your own - Azikwe Abele Jonathan? Stupid good for nothing animals.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Feraz(m): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
As was predicted in the bible about the magnificent temple that not one stone would remain on another, so also do I predict that in years to come, the house would be worthless and useless........so why waste that kinda amount on it? I weep for this country......anyone know where a time machine is so I could go to the future and see where Nigeria's headed in the next century.....
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by zaragoza(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
naptu2:

Before 1991 the President's Abuja residence was Aguda House. After 1991 Aguda House became the Vice President's residence.

The government decided to build another residence for the vice president and convert Aguda House to a presidential guest house.

Yar'Adua's government then gave the vice president's residence to the chief justice. They Vice President stayed at Aguda House.

Now the government wants to build a new residence for the vice president and convert Aguda House into a guest house again.

but are all these, priorities in this country?
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by zaragoza(m): 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
The gospel truth is that, its practically impossible to exhaust 16billion naira (over $100m) just for the building of a house. Unless u just want use some bundles of the money as blocks for the building.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Nightshift(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
Firma Bilfinger Berger AG, is the most powerful foreign company in Nigeria. Mr. Koch (Chairman) knows that nobody will tolerate this kind of embezzlement of public funds anywhere in Germany. Not even in Hessen where the company's chairman was a former state governor.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Redstone(m): 11:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
I'm not being pessimistic, but the fact remains that Nigeria is cursed and will never get better until Nigerians decide to take their destiny in their hands.this is very ridiculous. The last time I checked, that 16 billion will build 1,600 units of 3 bedroom bungalows tastefully built and each to cost 10 million naira. Our leaders are really taking Nigerians for a fools ride.

Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Freewilly(f): 12:24am On Dec 22, 2012
what's the big deal, 16 billion for a residential home is nothing.Nigerians too like to complain sef.
Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by ofegge73(m): 12:39am On Dec 22, 2012
One Day! I say One day!! Everyone,irrespective of tribe,religion and beliefs,will rise and take the "BULL BY THE HORNS" I see Blood,so much Blood.Then the Land will be cleansed. When that Day arrives,there will be no need for money,because Money will certainly not buy anything.That Day is coming,I know it for a surety!
Let them loot,molest and sodomise Nigeria and its people."The Bird that flies in the sky forgets that its feet can be seen from beneath"

Re: Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence by Sagamite(m): 3:05am On Dec 22, 2012

New Police IG Adamu Speaks, Promises Change Of Strategy / Governor Fayemi Assigns Portfolios To Commissioners, Talks Tough / Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator