Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? (1675 Views)

As A Nigerian Man, Can You Do This?? / Is There A Way A MAN Can RESIST This? / Can Marriage Work Where The Woman Earns More Than Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by Kachumbari: 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hi all.. I have a few queries that I hope you can help me out with. I'm of Kenyan origin and just recently met an Igbo guy (he grew up in Lagos). The guy has been very hot on my tail. He brought up marriage pretty much on day one. Is that normal in your culture? I'm trying to understand. He's 30 years old, very intelligent and highly educated (PhD level), Christian guy. He says he doesn't need a long time to figure out whether the relationship can work, that one month is enough to know. He can "sense my spirit" and he's at peace. He appears to be very confident that we can get married in a year or so. I mean, I barely know him...?!? Is this too good to be true? One thing I like about him is that he's a man's man for sure (he's not a sissy man) and he speaks with so much confidence, he makes me feel safe but I'm scared to fall for him incase it turns out to be a lie. He has been in the US for 2 years. Are there any red flags you can think of? Could he be having another family in Nigeria? He says his parents don't mind that I'm a kenyan. Please help!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by greedie1(f): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2012
uhm... its not lyk he is marrying u today. u said lyk in a years tym ba?
u can court him and.opt out if u dnt lyk wat u discover. if u lyk him,give it a try. his tribe is good too
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by Kachumbari: 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
gree-die:
uhm... its not lyk he is marrying u today. u said lyk in a years tym ba?
u can court him and.opt out if u dnt lyk wat u discover. if u lyk him,give it a try. his tribe is good too

Thanks for taking the time to respond. What do you mean by "his tribe is good." He told me he's Igbo but bcoz of Lagos influence identifies more with Yoruba.
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by greedie1(f): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
Kachumbari:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. What do you mean by "his tribe is good." He told me he's Igbo but bcoz of Lagos influence identifies more with Yoruba.

its not really d tribe dat matters but the person. if u see d qualifies u lyk in him den by all means go on...
yorubas r good too,atleast d ones i knw.
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by MrsChima(f): 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
He wants that Kenyan papers.
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by larrymoore(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Forget race, colour, tribes, nationality and all those segregational indices, focus on the personality of d person u ar dealing with and u try to be d best u can be, let ur guy appreciate d human nature in you only true this things can work out fine. No race, colour etc is absolute, there is no marriage, u are d marriage, it is how u want it. So lass, how do u want it? Answer that to urself.
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
like gree-die he said, the marriage is still far. You don't trust him enough bit you like him and I'm guessing you see a future here. why not take time and find more about him, no harm in doing so
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by omega25red(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
He wants that Kenyan papers.
smiley
poster this advice should also be considered becuase it happens.
take time to know him and just like any other relationship whether btwn a kenyan vs kenyan or Nigerian vs kenyan, nothing is garunteed. Meaning don't blame where he comes from if for whatever reason the relationship falls apart.
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by UjSizzle(f): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
You have a whole year to figure it out, take your time. If you still aren't sure after one year, demand more time. Don't let him push you into marrying him simply because his 'spirit' tells him u're right for him.
Take a trip down to Nigeria and meet his family, u need to get comfortable around them before u tie the knot if u eventually decide to....when you marry an igbo man, u marry his whole family.
Re: Kenyan Gal, Igbo Man..can This Marriage Work? by KNPeace: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
I am a Kenyan with a Yoruba man and we have been dating for an year now. He introduced me to his family as the woman he wanna marry. His family is really nice and friendly. Inspite the fact that we love each other, I also have some little fears of what if he one day marries another woman from there tribe considering their culture etc. Gal my advice is give him a chance in that one year, and pray for your relationship. If God has approved that man to you, then it's safe, but you need to be wise, respect yourself, stay faithful to yourself and to your God, and surely everything else will fall in place. That's exactly what am doing and I believe nothing is a coincidence, as long as you believe in God, there is a reason for everything that happens. God has given you the freedom of one thing; making your own choice. Am sure if you stay faithful God will guide you into making the right decision, so relax, do the right thing, pray for your guy and wisely see how the one year goes. God bless you both.

(1) (Reply)

Funniest Question A Girl Or Guy Ever Asked You! / Dating An Ex-prostitute, Do They Ever Come Clean? / Why Are Most Feminists Lesbians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.