Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row (16798 Views)

EFCC Commences Investigation Into Sambo's Office / ‎Boko Haram: Israel Steps Into The Fight / Imo State Is Owing Me N16billion - Okorocha To Workers Demanding Their 13 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2012
danny301:

Is something wrong with your brain?.... If the President does does not much about the 16 billion Sambo's residence as you as saying who then submitted the budget to the National Assembly? If the president could claim to be unaware of the details of the vice president's residence amounting to whopping sum of 16 billion naira then he can as well deny knowing something about the entire budget one day.
Which budget did 'they' submit? Which budget in recent Nigerian history has a component of #14billion for d VP's house? Am not aware of it and i hv seen pretty much all of d budgets..can anybody answer me plz. I want to learn, lol....... I cant contribute properly till smone provides dis info (which shldnt be hard cos many of u guys hv bn Asserting it); though i can say for now like i hv always maintaind here dat spending #14billion is exobitant and insensitive
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by deletrue: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points
That is why we will continue to say so many nigerians just hate this president. To be sincere. Is it possible for the president to know every details of a given contract? I means the full costs of detailed scope of work or designs going by who nigerians are? Sincere9geriae, i completely agree with you that there is no way the president can know in and out of every contract. In Ojodu begger, lagos where i live, we have changed seven task force chairmen in five years in our local security arrangement to cover an area of a population of less than hundred people, due to corrupt practices. That is how majority of nigerians are, but quick at pointing accusing fingers on other. God bless nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by chiefarian47(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
GEJ and the woman in the ministry of finace approved these huge amount of money to build Sambo's residence and this is a

country that produces nt less than 40,000 graduate without job .it means they don't have plans for the country.Am sure

16billion will service as many graduate as possible bt instead the VP that has begin sleeping on the str of Abj

should use that to build the resident that will nolonger b in use wen his leaving the office come 2015 wen GEJ will

b leaving by Gods grace and another VP wil den build wit possibly 30billion.Naija has no future dat i knw.

UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE wer r u?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by danny301: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Olusegun Obasanjo Administration and the awards of over-bloated contracts. Now he is criticizing my President, this is an example of monumental fraud that he committed, Its only OBJ and Julius Berger that knows the kickbacks he may have received that left the project redundant till now.

Be sure of what you have to say before come here to defend somebody and cover up for somebody..... OBJ was not the president in 2009, Yar'adua was the president then, and the same GEJ who is claiming ignorant of everything now was the VP then, and for you have to read in btw the lines to know that the problem is not with the contract awarded in 2009 but the additional 9 billion naira that has been smuggled in, in the name of furniture, 2 guest houses, banquet and security gadgets.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
chiefarian47: GEJ and the woman in the ministry of finace approved these huge amount of money to build Sambo's residence and this is a

country that produces nt less than 40,000 graduate without job .it means they don't have plans for the country.Am sure

16billion will service as many graduate as possible bt instead the VP that has begin sleeping on the str of Abj

should use that to build the resident that will nolonger b in use wen his leaving the office come 2015 wen GEJ will

b leaving by Gods grace and another VP wil den build wit possibly 30billion.Naija has no future dat i knw.

UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE wer r u?
This is d last time i will ask this.. Plz i wud like to know where u got d info dat GEJ and Okonjo APPROVD #14billion for d VP's residence?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Sunnibenty: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2012
pple ar suferin,youth gat no job n ur buildn hse of n9b n ur clab hop u carin d kaba 2 ur grave......
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by danny301: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
taharqa: Which budget did 'they' submit? Which budget in recent Nigerian history has a component of #14billion for d VP's house? Am not aware of it and i hv seen pretty much all of d budgets..can anybody answer me plz. I want to learn, lol....... I cant contribute properly till smone provides dis info (which shldnt be hard cos many of u guys hv bn Asserting it); though i can say for now like i hv always maintaind here dat spending #14billion is exobitant and insensitive

May be you just woke up from sleep or you are just playing to the gallery...... I found it strange that you are asking of which budget has a component of 14 billion for the vp's resisdence....... I do not know how to begin to answer you because that the contract of the vp's residence was included in the budget was not in doubt either by the presidency or anybody for that matter.... The bone of contention here is that the 9 billion has been added to the original 7 billion that was earmarked for the project in 2009 and the senate feels the 9 billion is too prodigious, so i don't what is hard for you to understand here.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ifeci: 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points

obviously the most stupid comment I have read today. if he doesn't know the contents of just the VP's residence contract which he endorsed, then what does he knw about Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ignis: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
Opera Mini: Pls let the Architects or Quantity Surveyors in the house educate on us on what materials to be used in building a house for it to cost N7b, let alone N16b. Misplaced priority at its best. They won't have the need to go abroad for treatment again, if our Teaching Hospitals will be equipped with N16b.
The building might not take much percentage of the amount, but extravagance furnishing will.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by miiraaj: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mexyz: We all think Gej shud be held responsible for d failure of other ministries,believe it or nt,other dept shud play their parts nd naija wl mve 4wrd. Those of us makn noise here dnt even knw abc of govt,yet we spit rubbish.

Can u please educate us on "abc" of govt and tell us wat GEJ is not doing wrong.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by tutu1: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
"Ismail said the new proposal was not included in the original scope of work being handled by Julius Berger." Are you guyz crazy? If the company did not include that money for whatever reason, it just shows gross incompetence and corruption, how come they are asking for almost 80% increase, please where is the VP staying right now, where has the past 3 Vice President stayed, even bros GEJ where did he stay when he was VP. waste of public funds
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by sunkoye: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
kai...see mumu talk...
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by henrysam(m): 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):
[s][/s]
Raw-bish. You're a f00l if you think GEJ is Ignorant
So u know everything about how Nigeria is governed, even in your local government how many things do u know there. You re one of those scoring that cheap political points. So Gej must be everywhere what is the essence of having lieutenants?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by henrysam(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
onatisi:
i think you are wrong in this area, the fg prepares the budgets ,the presidents present the budget to the senate and reps for debate and approval , it is after this the amended budget proposal is not sent back to the president to sign which then makes it legal , so gej must have had time to deliberate about this 16billion naira project for his vp.what must have happened was that they wold have thought that Nigerians wont react the way they are reacting
You are wrong brother on this issue, this is how it is. 7b was approved during yaradua's tenure as president for the construction of vp house, the money was budgeted for. When senate committee on Federal capital territory was performing their oversight function they found out that the project have not been completed. Smart Adeyemi asked the minister why it has not been completed the minister had to. Beckoned to the FCDA secretary and then announced another 9b will be needed to complete the project because they need to put funiture, security and other things. That was when Smart raised alarm. This is the real story I don't know what concerns Gej on this issue. But they say unesy lies the head that wears the crown.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by henrysam(m): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
sanusi muslim: I don't have any thing to say again but what I believe is that both Mr Gej,the senate and Mr sambo are all foolish and basterd people of nigerian. I believe if Yaradua is alife he would never tolerate this kind of corruption and selfishness people calling them self our leaders. Olori buruku ni gbogbo won. God will punished them
But it was yaradua that approved the first 7b, the problem now is that the civil servants handling the project FCDA requested for more 9b that was when alarm was raised.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by henrysam(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
With this thread, it is very easy for me to deduce that most of nairalanders are half baked educated people. People that will refuse to follow events and alway love to comment foolishly. These are the future leaders of this country. I keep on wondering, what is really wrong with this country?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by debedebe(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
If VP official house = 16billion naira, den GEJ official house go = 32billion naira,lol
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by kinguwem: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nigeria is poor & her administrators are wasteful. What does a VP need a banquet hall for? Unless we get our priorities right, the country will never develop.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by trillville(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
henrysam:
But it was yaradua that approved the first 7b, the problem now is that the civil servants handling the project FCDA requested for more 9b that was when alarm was raised.
Now what gej needs to do is to fire employees at FCDA responsible for this. He is the president after all and the buck stops at his table.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Hoodrat(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
16 billion naira bill for the comfort of the most fraudulent heartless vice president of the most dumb,foolish,cowards negro nation to ever exist on earth. The looting continue! no pity for nigerians. I enjoy seeing the horrible people fighting over tribes n putting tribes over everything. That's the scope of the government it works like magic in a lawless hell hole nation . A country still living in total darkness in 21st century. A country where your life and money has no value . A country where obama refused to set feet on for he perceived evil from far away. Nigerians shall not be taken serious till they decide their own faith in the hands of the ogboni government which don't seems to favour the citizen in all areas of life. We are the joke of the world and we are been humiliated everywhere we go because it is the type of standard our government set for us also what we also set for ourselves. Nigerians government are the types who wish death on his citizen.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Hoodrat(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
henrysam: With this thread, it is very easy for me to deduce that most of nairalanders are half baked educated people. People that will refuse to follow events and alway love to comment foolishly. These are the future leaders of this country. I keep on wondering, what is really wrong with this country?

Oga what's your point? So we should begin dance azonto because some gulible folks acting on their own interest and not of the citizen want the contract to be questioned at supreme ogboni court of nigeria? I pity your life and your future. So many government official houses has been built in asokoro,maitama abuja in the past and present, many more to come and it all billions billions naira. I'm surprise gej doesn't have a house while he was under yar adua as vp. Oh goodluck to the looting.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by henrysam(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
trillville:
Now what gej needs to do is to fire employees at FCDA responsible for this. He is the president after all and the buck stops at his table.
Thank you but it is not easy to fire civil servants like that. Investigation will take place, civil service commission will step into it and all this bureaucratic stuffs. One thing I found out is that without civil servants its difficult for politicians to be fraudulent. So who do we blame. For somebody that is a civil servant to open his mouth and call 9b naira like a chicken money, there is problem somewhere. But my annoyance to people is that they are vexing their anger wrongly. Nothing concerns Gej on this issue and he has moved appropriately by wading into it. Let wait and see

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by slimfit7: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
why not include grave yard in the residencial project so that when he die they bury him there, fools.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
blacksta: lame excuses

So because i have a president who is less conversant about the budget. I can sneak in 10 billion to buy a Nuclear warhead. A president who does not know the in and outs of budget is simply not fit to rule.

Dont be silly. Who's fit to rule then? He was acting president before he was voted in as president and I'm sure u were foolish enough to give him your vote. Let him serve his nation. Mr know-it-all you, obviously, dont know a tenth of what's in your computer or phone and it doesn't make you any less the owner.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by trillville(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
henrysam:
Thank you but it is not easy to fire civil servants like that. Investigation will take place, civil service commission will step into it and all this bureaucratic stuffs. One thing I found out is that without civil servants its difficult for politicians to be fraudulent. So who do we blame. For somebody that is a civil servant to open his mouth and call 9b naira like a chicken money, there is problem somewhere. But my annoyance to people is that they are vexing their anger wrongly. Nothing concerns Gej on this issue and he has moved appropriately by wading into it. Let wait and see
But can't gej change the laws to make it easier to fire corrupt civil servants. He claims to be a transformational president so shouldn't he transform the civil service by changing the laws protecting corrupt civil servants? He is the president after all and the buck stops at his table.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by kolexy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2012

Another evidence of how clueless Jonathan is.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
henrysam: With this thread, it is very easy for me to deduce that most of nairalanders are half baked educated people. People that will refuse to follow events and alway love to comment foolishly. These are the future leaders of this country. I keep on wondering, what is really wrong with this country?
Thank you dear for the additional clarification. Since the controversy over the veepee's residency contract broke, I refrained from making any comment until I understood the issues. I watched the news report on the over-sight visit of the senate committee, led by Smart Adeyemi, to the construction site. Your submission plus that news report confirms that the additional N9billion was not even in any budget. It also confirms my earlier submission that Mr president knows nothing about the controversial contract or whatever. But in the usual pattern of the RETARDINHO CREW on NL, they found it convenient to criticise, abuse and hurl insults on GEJ for no reason. The RETARDINHO CREW simple HATE Mr president and the HATRED is PATHOLOGICAL and dates back to pre-2011 elections. This is why I also call them HATERS.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
henrysam:
You are wrong brother on this issue, this is how it is. 7b was approved during yaradua's tenure as president for the construction of vp house, the money was budgeted for. When senate committee on Federal capital territory was performing their oversight function they found out that the project have not been completed. Smart Adeyemi asked the minister why it has not been completed the minister had to. Beckoned to the FCDA secretary and then announced another 9b will be needed to complete the project because they need to put funiture, security and other things. That was when Smart raised alarm. This is the real story I don't know what concerns Gej on this issue. But they say unesy lies the head that wears the crown.

For those people who didnt answer my questions since pg1, READ this comment and know WHY you COULDN'T give an answer to the question....
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
danny301:

May be you just woke up from sleep or you are just playing to the gallery...... I found it strange that you are asking of which budget has a component of 14 billion for the vp's resisdence....... I do not know how to begin to answer you because that the contract of the vp's residence was included in the budget was not in doubt either by the presidency or anybody for that matter.... The bone of contention here is that the 9 billion has been added to the original 7 billion that was earmarked for the project in 2009 and the senate feels the 9 billion is too prodigious, so i don't what is hard for you to understand here.

Plz the next time you intend making ASSERTIONS in public (and responding to my comments especially), try to be a little sure of what you are saying; even if just a little, K?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by jmaine: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
So all the insults on GEJ were all baseless and misplaced . .and yet they scream how clueful they are
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by karlmax2: 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
jmaine: So all the insults on GEJ were all baseless and misplaced . .and yet they scream how clueful they are
my broda this are our so called leaders of tomorrow,and a product of our dilapidated education system!! Well lemme not generalize its only on nairaland I see these exibitions of foolishness where people don't analyse issues or engage in a meaningful arguement without insulting people who see issues from a diffrent perspective.ignorant buffoons who don't even knw the basics of governance but are quick to join the bandwagon of rumour mongers and false alarmist payed agents that we have on nairaland Now adays.someone has been asking those abusing the president to tell us which budget that contained the 16billion naira V.p's house Project but non of those uneducated critics has answered him and yet they open their stinking mouths to insult the president.if u throw accusations u should be able to back it up with facts! But that's not the case on nairaland!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by koruji(m): 12:46am On Dec 23, 2012
You are making matters worse.

Sincere 9gerian:
No sir/ma, the budget is not "the president's budget", rather it is the budget of the federal republic of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True? / Inmates Attempt To Escape From Prison In Osun, Four Killed / Merging PDP With LP Supporters Is Like Ferrari Engine In Peogeot – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.