Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,384 members, 7,954,557 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

An Exclusive Interview With Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Exclusive Interview With Buhari (17174 Views)

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / Checkout This Photo Of Coca-cola Customized With Buhari's Name / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by donPhill(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
oboi!....i read sotey d rice wey been no wan digest got digested automatically....hungry again

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Kpac(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
With a rich,sound and elaborate history like this.....
I see reasons why your passion to change this country wount just die
And
I see why you couldn't help but cried at your last presidential campaign when u saw the sore hardships your people are facing
Sir...I envy your history and you remain an icon in my life.

3 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
PLEASE I WANT TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD CAN SOMEONE TELL HOW TO DO IT'?

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by searay(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
Did I hear Buhari saying that he was the 23rd son of his father and 13th of his Mother. Chai!
I strongly agree he's Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri combined.
I'm afraid he can't r*** this country again.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by md4real(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Professional soldier per excellence! Nice 1

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by PosCaricature: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
I can only say that what Gen. Buhari is suffering is law of camal. Anyway, may God help him.

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
don-Phill:
oboi!....i read sotey d rice wey been no wan digest got digested automatically....hungry again
Then nah how you come graduate from university if you no read finish all them textbooks with over 700 pages? This buhari interview nah only one page my brother. Tell me true "don-Phill]oboi" nobody go hear am...how you take pass your classes for university nah?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by PosCaricature: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
I can only say that what Gen. Buhari is suffering is the law of camal. Anyway, may God help him.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Kzinne: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
na wa for buhari
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Mcdondayan: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
If GMB can take away religious bigotry, tribalistic tendencies, and his ideologies of nothern suprimacy he would have been a great leader. But unfortunately he can't

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by DANILSA(m): 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
Knowledge9000:
Then nah how you come graduate from university if you no read finish all them textbooks with over 700 pages? This buhari interview nah only one page my brother. Tell me true "don-Phill]oboi" nobody go hear am...how you take pass your classes for university nah?
THE GUY GET LONG NECK lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
PosCaricature :
I can only say that what Gen. Buhari is suffering is the law of camal. Anyway, may God help him.

People like this...there is nothing we can do for them but to let them live off your time on this earth and go. No amount of factual information can help them. Accept my tremendous sympathy

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by gidiMonsta(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
OsunOriginal:

Igbos will never agree with you - they are cursed and always stick to their destruction path.

Please stop this, you're embarrassing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by OsunOriginal: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
PosCaricature :

What do you mean by law of camal? Or you meant law of karma? Interesting... how do we educate these illiterates that fill everywhere in Nigeria.

And by the way, if what you mean is law of karma, can you explain the Buhari suffering that you called law of Karma?

4 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by kunlekunle: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
ogb5: everybody is giving interviews these days.

Some questions I would have loved him to answer.

Why did he allow so many people to get un-employed by banning the importation of almost all raw materials used by indutries. He commenced the killing of Nigeria's industralisation by that action. Almost 30yrs after, many of the affected industirs are still dead.

Why did he turn PTF into an arewa organisation. The oputa panel documented the abuse effectively. Our commonwealth as a nation was single handedly used by him to develop a few section of the north at the expense of the whole country.

and why the hell did he not campaign in the south all these time he has been running for president. Is it because as far as he is concern, the North is the lord amd master of the country? and as such the south does not count?

Why did he, a northerner take another notherner as his 2nd in command when he was head of state.
Why did he a muslim, take another moslem as his 2nd in command when he was head of state.

why was shagari a northern president put under house arrest while ekwueme, a southern vice president sent to kirikiri maximum prison?
All these issue point to one fact: Buhari does not believe in the equality of states in Nigeria. To him Northerners are more of a concern to him, the rest does not matter

A more matured nigerian would think on this line

"The Buhari administration identified indiscipline as the bane of the nation's ills and therefore decided to fight it in all its ramifications. Hence the pre-occupation of the regime was the launching of the different phases of the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) which has become a household word in may Nigerian homes. There were five phases of WAI, namely :-

a. Queuing (March 20, 1984)

b. Work Ethics (May 1, 1984)

c. Nationalism and Patriotism (August 21, 1984)

d. Anti-Corruption and Economic Sabotage (May 14, 1985)

e. Environmental Sanitation (July 29, 1985).

Other highlights of the regime include :-

1. The suspension of the 1979 Constitution in January 1984.

2. The dissolution of political parties and ban on political activities in January 1984.

3. The freezing of accounts of political parties and corrupt ex-political office holders in the Second Republic in 1984.

4. The trimming down of the country's Civil service labour force in 1984.

5. The change of colour of the nation's currency notes (except the fifty kobo note) in April 1984 to stop currency trafficking. The exercise rendered almost half of the estimated N6 billion in circulation worthless at the expiration of the change.

6. The deportation of illegal aliens on the 14th of April, 1984 and 9th of August, 1985 respectively.

7. The clamp down on economic saboteurs with the legal backing of the Miscellaneous Offences Decree No. 20 of 1984.

8. The launching of the Expanded Immunization Programme (EPI) in May, 1984.

9. The initiation of counter trade in Petroleum products in May, 1984.

10. The wrestling of a major concession from OPEC in 1984 to increase Nigeria's oil production quota from 1.3 million barrels to 1.45 million barrels per day.

11. The adoption of stricter austerity measures in 1984 and 1985 to further revamp the economy which include:

i. The closure of the Nigerian borders in January 1984 to stem smuggling.

ii. The setting up of taskforce to check bunkering as a result of expert's estimation of a loss of one million Naira a day under the civilian government.

iii. The slashing of the basic travelling allowance (BTA) from N 500 to N 100 per annum in 1984.

iv. The introduction of N 100 airport special levy for travellers going outside Africa.

v. The reduction of the home remittance for foreigners to 25 per cent in 1984.

vi. The abolition of the Approved Users Scheme, the General Concessionary Rates of Duty and the Compulsory Advance Deposit Scheme.

vii. The introduction of a new Customs Tariff, which reduced the range of import duties from between zero and 500 per cent to between 5 per cent and 200 per cent.

viii. The granting of import duty exemption to only twenty items including agricultural implements, air craft, fuels, lubricants, educational films, technical assistance materials etc.

ix The introduction of the Advanced Import Duty Payment Scheme.

x. The imposition of a levy on dormant companies.

xi. The promulgation of the Finance Decrees to amend the Income Tax Act of 1969.

xii. The halving of civil servants' leave entitlement in January, 1985.

12. The trial and conviction of ex-politicians who illegally enriched themselves or their political parties.

13 In 1984, Nigeria's recognition of the Sahara Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) on November 11, 1984.

14. The encouragement of substitution of imported raw materials with local raw materials to boost the growth of industries.

15. The encouragement of self sufficiency in agricultural food production.

16. The promulgation of a series of decrees aimed at revamping the economy and inculcating discipline. The most controversial being the Public Officers (Protection Against False Accusation) Decree No 4 and the Miscellaneous Offences Decree No. 20 of 1984.

17. The rescheduling of the nations's short term trade debts valued at over =N=5 billion and the subsequent issuance of promissory notes to the uninsured creditors.

18. The procurement of new Air Buses by Nigeria Airways in 1985 to boost air transportation.

19. The victory of Nigeria's Under-17 Team (the Golden Eagles) at the Kodak World Cup Soccer Competition in China in August, 1985."

4 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by bojar(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
OsunOriginal:

Igbos will never agree with you - they are cursed and always stick to their destruction path.

Quite an inciteful comment...

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by braine(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
The author should have just written a text book. The story is just too long.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Soskid(m): 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
Most of u do not have d time 2 go thru it, yet u wil have d time to hurl insults at the General... Anyway, he laid emphasis on investigative journalism which most of u lack.

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by OsunOriginal: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
bojar:

You are a Product of a Cursed marriage..its only Poverty and Ignorance that can push you to make such inciteful comment...

Poverty or what do you call it? I pity you... And what is inciteful about saying the truth about Igbos? Inciting who against who? Or Igbos want fight Yorubas?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by OsunOriginal: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
Soskid: Most of u do not have d time 2 go thru it, yet u wil have d time to hurl insults at the General... Anyway, he laid emphasis on investigative journalism which most of u lack.

How will lazy people do investigative journalism? You can see laziness everywhere you turn and the same people will say they are poor. That is why we have scammers here and there... and lazy religious zombies always waiting for miracles.

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by nagoma(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
otokx: why was nothing said about PTF?

He wasnt asked . But PTF is one of many Buhari's strong points.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
I bin post this before spambot abi na mod come hide am. Hope no more hiding of this one.
Buhari's agents are seriously doing image laundering for their patron whose hatred for Southerners is legendary. Na to do eye service for Southerners when it comes to seeking their votes. He has no qualms killing them in cold blood as he did in the July 1966 counter coup or inflaming the passions of almajiris against them when he loses election.
The champion of Fulani interests almost caused another civil war in Ibadan some years ago:

Day Lam Adesina clashed with Buhari, Marwa, others

It was on 13 October 2000, when words went round that General Muhammadu Buhari was leading the Arewa team to the governor’s office to confront the state over alleged killings of Fulani cattle rearers in Saki, Oke Ogun Area of the state. Buhari did actually telephone the governor that he was leading a team to his office.

In less than 30 minutes after the general informed the governor of his visit, we noticed that the entire secretariat was already filled with lorry loads of our brothers from the North. This created some tension but we kept our calm. At about 2 p.m., Buhari arrived in a long convoy at the governor’s office in company of the former governor of Lagos State, General Buba Marwa, Alhaji Aliko Muhammed, Alhaji Abdulrazak and Alhaji Hassan. They all wore long faces. In fact, the anger in them was palpable as all pleasantries extended to them were ignored. “This is trouble” was the expression on the faces of all of us in the governor’s office.

Shortly afterwards, the state Director of State Security Service (SSS) and Commissioner of Police arrived. But their presence did not change anything particular on the fears that had already gripped majority of us. The two security chiefs did not come with any operatives, they came almost alone.

The meeting was called to order after Lam walked into the Executive Chambers. Introductions over, Buhari spoke on their mission to the governor’s office. Emitting fire, the general accused Lam and the government of Oyo State of complicity in the killing of over 68 Fulani people in Oke Ogun area and perversion of justice.

His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to discuss with you and your government our displeasure about the incident of clashes between two peoples… the Fulani cattle rearers and merchants are today being harassed , attacked and killed like in Saki. In the month of May, 2000, 68 bodies of Fulani cattle rearers were recovered and buried under the supervision and protection from a team of Mobile Police from Oyo State Command.

“ That some arrests were made by Oyo State Police Command in the massacre with their immediate release without court trial. This was said to have been ordered by Oyo State authorities and they were so released to their amazement. The release of the arrested suspects gave the clear impression that the authorities are backing and protecting them to continue the unjust and illegal killings of Fulani cattle rearers…”

According to the general, they therefore wanted immediate stoppage of the killings, justice and compensation to the Fulanis.

As weighty and indicting as Buhari’s allegations were, Lam remained unperturbed. He fired back with his own well coordinated arsenals.

Lam identified all the points raised by Buhari and simply asked the heads of the organizations directly involved to respond to the allegations.

First to speak was the Commissioner of Police who debunked all the claims. Instead of the allegation that the natives were killing Fulanis, the commissioner said pointedly that the opposite was the case.

“ The killing of the natives by the Fulanis was duly reported to the police and, of course, we can’t make arrest because, as soon as they kill, they migrate to other areas. Who are you going to arrest? That is the problem”. On the killing of Fulanis, which he said was as result of “piled up anger”, the commissioner disclosed that arrests had been made and the suspects were in police custody.

Next was the Director of SSS, who equally debuked the allegations by Buhari. “The natives don’t have problem with the Fulanis who are resident but those who are coming in, they don’t care about anybody. They just go ahead and when they graze the natives farms, whoever cares to challenge them runs into trouble. You said 68 people were killed , and people driven away. I am not saying there were no killings but they cannot be more than five. The petition is on the harsh side, there is nothing like that.”

Not done yet, Lam called in his Deputy, Barrister Iyiola Oladokun; his SSG, Chief Michael Koleoso, both from Oke Ogun, and the chairman of one of the affected local government areas, Mr Ademola Alalade. They stated the true position of things, corroborating the submissions of the security chiefs. At this point, all the tensions and apprehensions evaporated.

Trust Lam any day, he must rub it in. He spoke for about 20 minutes and the generals were at the edge of their seats for the entire period. They were like chicken that had just been thoroughly beaten by the rain.

Lam said: “ Before I thank you for this visit, you have come to tell me something. I also want to tell you something and that something is to make an appeal. General Buhari has been a former Head of State, Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time and with credibility… so you are national leaders of this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you are from the North, you can be born anywhere; may be next time when I am coming to the world, I will be born in the North or the South-South.

“My appeal will be that effort must be made to unite this country and that will be ïn the best interest of all Nigerians. I am appealing to the Arewa Consultative Forum, under which auspices our distinguished Nigerians are here; in recent times, they have been sending wrong signals to a number of us who believe in the unity and peace of Nigeria; you have been too critical of the efforts of the Federal Government. I am saying this because Nigeria, at this point, cannot afford to break and the words you northern leaders utter are very weighty, at the South here, we normally analyze them critically”.

On all the allegations, he said: “From what they have written in the petition, this government is completely blameless because we don’t interfere either with the judiciary or with the police functions. I always preach peaceful co-existence in Oyo State and Nigeria as a whole. We are all Nigerians and that is what we have been preaching all along and we shall continue to be Nigerians , no matter the present or immediate problems which will be solved by the grace of Allah.

“I want to say also that we really have to appeal to our people, the itinerant Bororo people, that they should observe less aggression. It is not good , it is not right just coming from somewhere then you just pass through farm lands cultivated may be with the person’s life savings and then over night everything is gone. That is not right, even Allah does not approve of that.

We even wonder when they talk about this people carrying dangerous weapons, I say do they really believe in Allah? When you just take life like that and go away! Are we not forbidden not to take human life? So I think General Buhari, General Marwa, you have to be educating them… It is my pleasure to inform you that at the Presidential Lodge, we have made some arrangements for refreshments so that before you go we can refresh together”.

Buhari and his team did not wait for any refreshments. They came in angry and left bewildered. ADIEU! GREAT LAM!

*OLAOSEBIKAN, WAS CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY TO ALHAJI LAM ADESINA

Vanguard

Fulani with his born-to-rule mentality!!!

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by mmmustapha(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
ogb5: everybody is giving interviews these days.

Some questions I would have loved him to answer.

Why did he allow so many people to get un-employed by banning the importation of almost all raw materials used by indutries. He commenced the killing of Nigeria's industralisation by that action. Almost 30yrs after, many of the affected industirs are still dead.

Why did he turn PTF into an arewa organisation. The oputa panel documented the abuse effectively. Our commonwealth as a nation was single handedly used by him to develop a few section of the north at the expense of the whole country.

and why the hell did he not campaign in the south all these time he has been running for president. Is it because as far as he is concern, the North is the lord amd master of the country? and as such the south does not count?

Why did he, a northerner take another notherner as his 2nd in command when he was head of state.
Why did he a muslim, take another moslem as his 2nd in command when he was head of state.

why was shagari a northern president put under house arrest while ekwueme, a southern vice president sent to kirikiri maximum prison?
All these issue point to one fact: Buhari does not believe in the equality of states in Nigeria. To him Northerners are more of a concern to him, the rest does not matter
U R such a fool, importing foreign product will kill our Local Industries wawa kawai
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by nagoma(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hate him , despise him, insult him. He has an impeccable record and remains the only man standing. You will never have any like him. Not in 100 generations of your type.

3 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by calaway: 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
lacasa: This interview is a rare previledge coming from the ever loyal GMB smiley

All bigots be warned!!! Infact its better they dnt read it wink

This is the only man that Has the moral and performance based criteria to improve the situation we find this country in , esp under the Retardeen.

Sai Buhari/Fashola or Buhari/Oshiomole 2015 cool

Hausa popel will always sing praises for their own. GOD forbid this self rightous islamist to run things in this great secular nation where all the food on the TABLE IS PROVIDED BY SECULAR QUARTERS

4 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
braine: The author should have just written a text book. The story is just too long.

The usual saying is that if you want to hide something from a black man, put it inside a book. Now we have expanded the scope of the saying to become:

If you want to hide something from a black man hide it in a long article

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by chemashie(m): 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
Lachynos2k2: PLEASE I WANT TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD CAN SOMEONE TELL HOW TO DO IT'?
Na ur big bro you take dey play abi? You are a malu!
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by OsunOriginal: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
anonimi: I bin post this before spambot abi na mod come hide am. Hope no more hiding of this one.
Buhari's agents are seriously doing image laundering for their patron whose hatred for Southerners is legendary. Na to do eye service for Southerners when it comes to seeking their votes. He has no qualms killing them in cold blood as he did in the July 1966 counter coup or inflaming the passions of almajiris against them when he loses election.
The champion of Fulani interests almost caused another civil war in Ibadan some years ago:

Fulani with his born-to-rule mentality!!!

Stop that trash... Did we South Westerners(the largest ethnic group in the south) tell you we have any issue with Buhari? Don't lump Yorubas with Igbos, we are not the same and we dont think like villagers from South East. I dont know what you meant by Southerners...

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by ikennaya(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Stop saying rub*sh.
Go and interview the rest of the politicians and you will also think they are good people.

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by calaway: 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
nagoma: Hate him , despise him, insult him. He has an impeccable record and remains the only man standing. You will never have any like him. Not in 100 generations of your type.

Ofcourse we all understand the love for you own, as hausa/fulani youths are die hards when it comes to regional issues. For those Nigerian who may not understand who's Buhari followers are; there are the set of youths who killed countless southerners(NYSC corpers, Traders and Passer by after the 2011 election) see them here------>

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
OsunOriginal:

What do you mean by law of camal? Or you meant law of karma? Interesting... how do we educate these illiterates that fill everywhere in Nigeria.

And by the way, if what you mean is law of karma, can you explain the Buhari suffering that you called law of Karma?

Thanks my brother. As I read his comment, I was trying to figure out if he meant "Camel" or "Karma".
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by jesse8048(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
If u know u didn't read all this hit LIKE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Nigeria Is Not A Colony - Oshiomhole tells US, UK, EU / Buhari Meets Kyari & Baru In Aso Rock / Get Ready To Pack Out Of Imo Government House - Sen. Sam Anyanwu Fires Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.