Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? (10866 Views)

Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
If you pay money into my account I can teach you to speak any tongue
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
dayokanu: If you pay money into my account I can teach you to speak any tongue

Give me your account number
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by sundaybam(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
If you don't have holyspirit you can't speak it
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Metallurgist: 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
vislabraye: You're conscious when speaking in tongues. But you don't have any idea of what you're saying or going to say next.
thank god am i not an atheist i would have laugh silly die!
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Metallurgist: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
SPEAKING in TONGUE makes me wonder how SPEAKING WITHOUT A TONGUE will sound! Well FOOD for THOUGH
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Metallurgist: SPEAKING in TONGUE makes me wonder how SPEAKING WITHOUT A TONGUE will sound! Well FOOD for THOUGH

same rubbish as speaking in tongues
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by dozymars(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Danex1988: Speaking in tounges is utter rubbish far as I'm concerned. How does a grown man/woman open his/her mouth nd start uttering baby noises and gibberish and call it "speaking in touunges".
Ignorance. How can u understand the things of the spirit with ur logical reasoning.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by ooman(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
dozymars:
Ignorance. How can u understand the things of the spirit with ur logical reasoning.

Because the things of the spirit does not make sense, you cannot understand it with your logical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Atesian(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
May d lord 4giv ur mouth ,n prevent it 4rm takn u 2 hell @ danex
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by bongila(f): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
@ all who feel thrashing the holy spirit is hip,FYI that's the only sin that is unforgivable tread with caution.
Speak only of what you know,all this attack on Christianity by atheists and moslems,traditionalists et al is becoming boring and tedious. There's an igbo proverb that goes thus;he whom the gods wants to kill,they first of all make mad.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by allout: 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
LMAO @ replies! Bible teachings tells us its a gift from the holy spirit. There're steps/procedures one undergoes before you can be so gifted, chastity of the spirit, being truly born again, sanctification et al...
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by sweetrace(f): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
Bidam: you are right and also wrong my dear..right in d sense dat the Holy Spirit is the giver of Gifts but wrong in d sense dat tongues is not for all believers..there is a difference between diversities of tongues which requires an interpreter so d church may be edified and devotional tongues which all believers are baptised in..remember paul never discouraged believers to pray in tongues in ur personal devotion to God..if not why would He say i thank my God i speak in tongues more than all of you..the diversities of gifts is for administration and the Spirit wills so the Church may be edified(1cor12)..but d devotional gift of tongues which is for all believers is for personal edification(1 cor14:4)(jude1:20)..remember all recieved the gift of tongues in act2. Paul was filled with d Holy Spirit in act9:18. Peter went to d house of cornelius and all were baptised with d evidence of speaking in tongues act10:46. Paul met some believers who had only john baptism(water)..but he laid hands on them and they were filled with the Holy Ghost and
spake with tongues:act 19:6.. U can see from the scriptures dat All not some
received the HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM WITH D EVIDENCE OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES...the HOLY SPIRIT IS IN MEASURES
when u are born again u ave a measure..when u
re baptised u ave another measure..na The Same HOLY SPIRIT O..
I hear you, but I'm going by scriptures. 1 Corinthians 12 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
It says to another and not to all as he determines.
This is the same tongues Paul spoke about in 1 Corinthians 14. Remember he talked about a speaker and an interpreter.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by trolling(m): 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
bongila: @ all who feel thrashing the holy spirit is hip,FYI that's the only sin that is unforgivable tread with caution.
Speak only of what you know,all this attack on Christianity by atheists and moslems,traditionalists et al is becoming boring and tedious. There's an igbo proverb that goes thus;he whom the gods wants to kill,they first of all make mad.A word is enough for the wise.

u r so clueless about wat u r saying, what has speaking gibberish gat to do with blasphemy of the spirit. paul told u speaking in tongues are languages not that jargons u guys spew in those whorehouses

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by edogho(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
ooman: Yea, you can consciously speak in tongues, just like you can consciously be insane without knowing
funny o. Tongues ko throat ni. I don't believe its a reasonable thing. Speaking a language u av no clue of is like saying jargons.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by edogho(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
From trollings comment,it shows that most christians don't even know and understand the same book they claim to believe. What a shame. Trolling even understand this part more than u. Ur pastors will never tell you wat trolling just said. Buh its the truth.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by trolling(m): 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
edogho: From trollings comment,it shows that most christians don't even know and understand the same book they claim to believe. What a shame. Trolling even understand this part more than u. Ur pastors will never tell you wat trolling just said. Buh its the truth.
Elohim(God) is not an author of confusion, if u speak those gibberish didnt paul say people would think they are mad or barbarian as he puts it, paul spoke many tongues or languages, and he understood them, and this is why he said speak a language/tongue people can understand(paraphrasing)
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
sweetrace:
I hear you, but I'm going by scriptures. 1 Corinthians 12 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
It says to another and not to all as he determines.
This is the same tongues Paul spoke about in 1 Corinthians 14. Remember he talked about a speaker and an interpreter.
yes that is true..but if u read 1cor12:28..paul talked about diversities of tongues.paul is talking about ministry gifts, or fivefold ministry offices, not gifts of the Spirit. In other words, paul isn't talking about being filled with the Holy Spirit and speaking with tongues as a devotional gift because he said, "are all apostles?(no). Are all prophets?(no)..are all teachers?(no) are all workers of miracles?(no) have all d gifts of healing?(ofcos no).(1cor.12:29,30).. Then paul said,".....do all speak with tongues? Do all interprete? (1cor.12:30). The answer is no...all do not speak with tongues as a MINISTRY GIFT. paul was not talking about believers being filled with the Holy Spirit and speaking with tongues in their private devotional lives. However, all believers are encouraged to speak in tongues to themselves and to God(1 cor14:2;4).
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by bolayei: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
Speaking in tongue means speaking a language and speaking in tongues means speaking alot of languages and the reason for it was for different people to understand because their language was being spoken by atleast one person. Tongues in nigeria are yoruba,ibo,hausa,benin etc. So if you are conscious when speaking in tongues you should be able to know what language it is you are speaking. These christians that dont know the different between creating man and forming man how can you not know that speaking in tongues is speaking other languages? This fraud of a religion that even jesus didnt practice
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
@sweetrace lemme explain more for ur benefit and others...Paul was talking about ministering in tongues in a public assembly with interpretation as a ministry gift, and not everyone does that. Ministering in tongues in public assembly with interpretation on more of a continual basis denotes the MINISTRY GIFT of diversities of tongues most closely related to the office of the PROPHET, and not every believer who is used in tongues or interpretation of tongues on an occassional basis(1 cor 12:10)..ofcos every believer can have d gift of speaking in other tongues for private devotion(1 cor14:cool(1cor14:2)(rom8:26) The gifts of the Spirit are for all believers. But ministry gifts only refer to those who are called to the fivefold ministry(ephesians4:11;12)(1cor12:28). It is true that the laity are sometimes used in the manifestation of the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues- the gift of the Spirit listed in 1 cor12:10.( i had a personal experience in that area where i delivered a message in tongues and someone interpreted it in a local assembly). But actually, diversities of tongues listed in 1cor12:28 is not referring to lay members speaking in tongues; it is referring to an office- a fivefold ministry gift.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by bongila(f): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
trolling: u r so clueless about wat u r saying, what has speaking gibberish gat to do with blasphemy of the spirit. paul told u speaking in tongues are languages not that jargons u guys spew in those whorehouses

Clueful trolling,whorehouses really?? You have so lost it honestly. Read Acts 2 again and this time veeerryy slow see if you won't gain a little knowledge from it again. When you are done,come back and I'll educate you some more.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
The bible teaches us to desire spiritual gifts(1 cor.14:1). The bible also teaches us to earnestly covet the best gifts(1 cor 12:31). But remember that those words were written to pple who already spoke in tongues...infact d corinthians had a superabundance of speaking with tongues in the public assembly. It seemed that when these corinthians came togeda, all of dem wanted to speak in tongues at the same time. It is intresting to note, however, if everyone is speaking in tongues all at one time, the entire church congregation cannot be edified or built up, for no one would understand what is being said(1cor.14:2-19)..therefore, paul instructed d corinthians dat in public meetings only 2 or 3 pple should speak and another should interpret(1 cor14:27)..also if there wasn't an interpreter present, they should keep silent in the church(1cor.14:28). Paul didn't say the corinthians had received the wrong gift. They had received the right gift, but they were just so thrilled and exuberant that they wanted to talk in tongues all @ once..they needed instruction on how to use this gift...u see if we all praise God..it would be fine for all of us to praise God in tongues all togeda and all @ d same time. But it would certainly be wrong if everyone started talking in tongues while the preacher was trying to preach or teach....and it will not be right for someone to spend an hour speaking in tongues without any interpretation. The speaker would be edified, but the listener wouldn't get anytin out of it. That's why d bible said it is better to speak a few words with our understanding so we can teach others than it is to speak ten thousand words in tongues, unless we speak with tongues and interpret what we've said so that all may be edified.

1 Like

Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by SELFWORTH: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
stjudas: This is why i hate religion! Every one is confused abt every issue. The bible can simply be summarized in the sentence: 'love ur neighbour as u love yaself. If speaking in tongues, baptism, & tithing is not a guarantee of making heaven why do i need to bother myself abt wat am not sure about. Abeg, make i reach okija shrine, joor!!!

You are confused becos you do not know God personally. If you know God personally you will not be swayed by people's opinion.

Read the bible and ask God to visit you so you may personally know Him. Follow Christ's teaching not pastors, people's or personal opinion.

Religion is not God. God is not religion.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by SELFWORTH: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2012
edogho: From trollings comment,it shows that most christians don't even know and understand the same book they claim to believe. What a shame. Trolling even understand this part more than u. Ur pastors will never tell you wat trolling just said. Buh its the truth.

.....And what is the truth?

People who comment like this know nothing about Christianity and that's why they lump everyone together and call them Christians. Even Devil worshippers who come together to form a gathering are labelled Christians. Yet the bible says by their fruits , we shall know them.

Only those who follow Christ and do His will are Christians so not everyone you meet carrying bible is a Christian . So don't smear every believer with the same dirty brush.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Some folks, however, have made a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak, in this area. They claim that Paul was trying to tell the corinthians not to speak with tongues at all. This couldn't have been his intention, however, for notice what he said in verse 18:" i thank my God, i speak with tongues more than ye all"( 1 cor 14:18). Paul was saying that it would be better for him to stand before the congregation and speak five words in his own language so pple could understand him and he could teach others, than it would be to speak ten thousands in tongues that were uninterpreted. But to correct one error, paul would not not suggest we make another by abandoning speaking in tongues altogether. We re just to get instruction regarding the public use of this gift. We re told to covet earnestly the best gifts. And as we do this, we will walk in more power and be more effective in our christian life. Amen.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by deelite: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Francuiz: You are conscious. Bt its a gift of d holy spirit. I dnt knw y pple r so in need of d gifts of d holy spirit bt neglet d fruits of d Holy spirit.
The fruits of the spirit testify to the fact that you av the Holy Spirit. The gifts are given according to the way the Spirit wants. And tongues is one of the signs that follow believers.(Mark 16:17)
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Act2 indicates that people who spoke in tongues spoke in real languages, that people heard and understood and used this gift to preach to people. Can this be said of today's tongue speakers?

Acts 2: 4-11. "All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs— we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” ".
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by deelite: 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
It is well
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by trolling(m): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
bongila:

Clueful trolling,whorehouses really?? You have so lost it honestly. Read Acts 2 again and this time veeerryy slow see if you won't gain a little knowledge from it again. When you are done,come back and I'll educate you some more.
lol lwtmb
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by sweetrace(f): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
You are obviously very sincere and I'm not arguing to be right, but... Basically your explanation one given by quite a number of churches causing unnecessary confusion and people pretending to speak in tongues. An explanation that has an appearance of truth or reason, that seems worthy of approval or acceptance. However, I think I'll pass and stick to what my bible says because it is quite clear on this topic. But since I don't know it all, I'll keep searching my bible. Maybe you can humor me and do the same.
Bidam: The bible teaches us to desire spiritual gifts(1 cor.14:1). The bible also teaches us to earnestly covet the best gifts(1 cor 12:31). But remember that those words were written to pple who already spoke in tongues...infact d corinthians had a superabundance of speaking with tongues in the public assembly. It seemed that when these corinthians came togeda, all of dem wanted to speak in tongues at the same time. It is intresting to note, however, if everyone is speaking in tongues all at one time, the entire church congregation cannot be edified or built up, for no one would understand what is being said(1cor.14:2-19)..therefore, paul instructed d corinthians dat in public meetings only 2 or 3 pple should speak and another should interpret(1 cor14:27)..also if there wasn't an interpreter present, they should keep silent in the church(1cor.14:28). Paul didn't say the corinthians had received the wrong gift. They had received the right gift, but they were just so thrilled and exuberant that they wanted to talk in tongues all @ once..they needed instruction on how to use this gift...u see if we all praise God..it would be fine for all of us to praise God in tongues all togeda and all @ d same time. But it would certainly be wrong if everyone started talking in tongues while the preacher was trying to preach or teach....and it will not be right for someone to spend an hour speaking in tongues without any interpretation. The speaker would be edified, but the listener wouldn't get anytin out of it. That's why d bible said it is better to speak a few words with our understanding so we can teach others than it is to speak ten thousand words in tongues, unless we speak with tongues and interpret what we've said so that all may be edified.
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by honeychild(f): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
When I was a Pentecostal I never 'received' that 'gift'. But one thing J did notice was that in a lot of churches everyone speaks the same way - if the Pastor speaks "robobobocaba' the entire church speaks the same. if he speaks 'shamamamarama' then that is what everyone says. Makes you wonder sha.....
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 24, 2012
obicentlis: Back then in school, a fellow hall mate and follower of Pst Chris will be cooking and will be speaking in tongues at the same time. He will be on his bed and his hand inside his boxer pant caressing his manliness at the same time speaking tongues. This speaking tongues of a thing has been abused. From my own understanding from the bible, is, by the power of the holy spirit, we can preach and teach other people of another tongue the word of God and His might. But, am very much surprise to learn that people to go a school so that the can learn how to speak in tongue.
May God save us all.

Exactly how Ikechukwu my room-mate usually do;

when e dey rub his d.1ck , he must speak in tongues......

When he dey polish ihm shoe, he speaks in tongues......

When he dey cook 4 kitchen, he speak in togues,

the worst na when he dey pray!!!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

the dude has seriously abused speaking in tongue.....

''Ashakarababba kula....... Duraga barrarraba chomda saakaaa''.......

After the above..... I used 2 burst out laughing(serious laughter oo) only 4 him to tell me;

''u can never understand cuz u re not in the spirit''.......

IK never stop 2 amaze me with his speaking in tongues, and whenever he does it, ''Duranga and Chomda saaka'' must come in!!!

I kno say na lie d Guy dey lie 4 God!!!!!!
Re: Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? by kandiikane(m): 5:00am On Dec 24, 2012
Abeggi! Again, all na euphoria and adrenaline. If you listen to your yourself, you will see how repetitive it is. I believe I heard someone mentioning 'icecream' once when speaking in tongues.

Same way, when I use get beats, I would utter gibberish at the top of my lungs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / My 2021 Wins — A Testimony / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.