Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. (1365 Views)

*~D-Explorer Voted Romance Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Romance Section Poster Of The Year 2012 Award / *~ Mrbrownjay Voted The Romance Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2012
Winning the 2012 Romance Section Official Poster of the Year Award is a beautiful moment. I came conscious of the award while i was doing a quick check on MBJ; i was trying to make sure that he has the content to present for my Singles and About-to-Wed E-Conference 1.0 that held on Nov. 17th. I guess i wasn't saved from myself, i come from a world where products are turned into brands. Before now, i wanted to be silent but how would i when my addiction to the section involves time. It's like wasting my time if i keep mute, and for someone that ascribe much credence on timing, every minute spent on Romance section matters. It's amazing that those efforts were speaking and they got this award.

WHY ROMANCE SECTION
It's simple, i got tired arguing with Demdem, Pukkah and Gbawe, all from the Politics section. It's always a situation where everyone wants to flex his mental muscles via epistles and yet with no logical conclusion. Due to that, i resolved to belong to a relaxed, friendly and fun oriented environment where the discussions has no combatant sticker.

THE AWARD
I think the Romance Section Official Poster of the Year Award should be a competitive one. It should inspire our posts and actions while we remain ourselves; not trying to be a clone or force to impress. It comes once in a year, and it's somewhat a reward for a productive year spent to any winner. MrBrownJay won it last year and it's an honour receiving it from him.

THE NOMINEES
K2039 - I don't get it when people declared him as trying too hard on the Shollypopz Slum Book Thread. Sometime in Sep/Oct, himself and Ziqqs made me nurture a new concept of The Next Rated Award which will be unleashed in 2013. It's a plus that he got nominated.
Mynd - A lot has been said about him. Some says he doesn't sleep at night, a particular insinuation got me laughing hard when Ikekings said he gets alert on his phone each time a new topic is created. That was hilarious! His posts earned him the nomination and i think he has been making logical comments on those topics to have been nominated. I think he does better at the Literature section, his writings cannot be ignored. Well should i say K2039, Mynd and I are brothers from the same state? smiley But if we form NL state association, na me go be the chairman while Ileki-idi go be the chairwoman. Lol
MrBrownJay - If you're quoting this dude, you better have something sensible to type else he will reveal the foolishness in you. Lol. I think every newbie on this section should make this dude a mentor, not necessarily because of his personal ideologies but because of the quality posts he brings to the topics. I've exchanged several PMs with him yet his humility will always hypnotize. Little wonder he has enjoyed the Poster of the Year Award twice or so and that speaks volume. But as we all know, a champion is only waiting for a better contender. Lol. It's obvious he doesn't comment on every thread and his nomination says good about him.

THE MODS
Jaybee: I remember exchanging some PMs with him in regards to the e-Conference which actually helped in giving it an identity to gibe with the section's essentials. Preceeding that time, i'd challenged him on moving a particular thread and his response was so heart-warming and he did apologize. Though he could be seen as the 'underground' mod but he's one of the coolest around.

Sexkillz: He's like 'the-mod-we-know' and we all know why. He has been very supportive with most of these events and that has so far given each concept a balance. I could remember the first PM i recieved from him; a note of appreciation for making the section lively. Before then, i had a wooing contest in a way of trying to impress Sweetcocoa (same as freecocoa) alongside Chucky234 and Ifihearam, just something we did for fun. He saw that, came up the idea of making two guys woo a lady and gbam, that was the birth of the sold out event with two Seasons each (both guys & ladies) - The Wooing Challenge.

Although i don't know why some members think we're the same being operating on different monikers. MBJ was the first, infact he didn't reply my first two PMs because of that which he later confessed, then came HotNaijaBabe with an hilarious approach. The irony is, i don't get to agree with SK most times, yet, we seem to have a connection when it comes to building ideas.

THE 2013 CONCEPTS
No 1 - It's obvious i'm not a frontpage thread creator. I restrict my activities within the Romance Section. In 2013, i think there will be a slight change. I'm thinking of creating a resource blog to store my writings. That idea came from The Beauty of Kissing thread.
No. 2 - We gonna be having a quarterly event tagged The Next Rated Award. The essence of this is to give the newbies a strong voice, to acknowledge their quality posts and character portrayed etc.
No. 3 - More Seasons of The Wooing Challenge and the 2.0 of the annual Singles and About-to-Wed e-Conference
No. 4 - The Weekly column - Who's Your Crush of the Week will continue every Monday with more editions.

MORE UPDATE
In few weeks from now, there will be the formation of The Romance Section Creative Team. This team is gonna be handling underground works, research, statistics, anchoring certain section of an event here and as time goes on, will be inviting renowned resource persons with proven track record offline to deliver content via the aid of a created moniker. In this team, everyone is a leader and they're subjected to work with the moderators whenever they're available. The RSC team, after proper selection and scrutiny will kick-off sometime in February by His grace. Please, watch out for the thread and declare your interest.

APPRECIATION
The fact remain that, these ideas can only work with the participation of the members.
Many thanks to all that voted me as the Romance Section Official Poster of the Year. To all that voted other nominees, i say thank you, your choices were right. To the numerous congratulatory comments, i see them all and i appreciate them. Due appreciation to SK, we've been on phone too many times all for the good of the section. Many thanks to every participant of all the events here and incase you're wondering if we all have a life outside here, lol, then be aware that these people got real things going while some are on top of it. Special thanks to Seun, Nairaland will always remain your business and a platform for everyone. Thank you all for reading my official statement.

I'm Nairaland's No. 1 Columnist and now the Official Poster of the Year 2012.

Thanks and God bless you.

D-Explorer
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by k2039: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
D-explorer, just read your speech and I'm short of words.
You are creativity personified, I look forward to the coming year and more of your work.

You can count on me to help if the need arises.

Again, I say congratulation.

I doff my hat for Nairaland's No. 1 Columnist and now the
Official Poster of the Year 2012, D-EXPLORER.

Merry christmas and happy new year in advance.
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by MariaGoretti: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
you are much appreciated too...thank you.
am still waiting o!

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Orpelin: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
dis ur 2013 action plan na serious thing oooo

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by EzePromoe: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
Romance section man of the month won't be a bad idea either.

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by MariaGoretti: 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
Eze Promoe: Romance section man of the month won't be a bad idea either.
make sure you always bag tthat award o
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
O'boy eh, you go fear appreciation speech na...

Anyhow, congrats D-Ex...carry on jare, nothing do you, we dey your back like hunchback cheesy cheesy
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Dynamique: 3:29am On Dec 25, 2012
Nice
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by EzePromoe: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
make sure you always bag tthat award o
Thanks, dearie. Happy Christmas!
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2012
More accolade to in the near future for being a great inspiring gentleman with avalanche attributes.

More grease to your loins for the greater ''benefits'' here because that's the real award.

Nairaland loves you.
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by UjSizzle(f): 8:33am On Dec 25, 2012
Choi see speech... Congratulations D-X, your wooing thread actually got me glued to this section.
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039: D-explorer, just read your speech and I'm short of words.
You are creativity personified, I look forward to the coming year and more of your work.

K2039, thanks for your kind words. I'm honoured. We can only get better in 2013. Thanks again
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2012
ItsModella: O'boy eh, you go fear appreciation speech na...

Anyhow, congrats D-Ex...carry on jare, nothing do you, we dey your back like hunchback cheesy cheesy
If persin get you for back, na plus 100 persin be that na grin Thanks dear
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 9:20am On Dec 25, 2012
Dynamique: May ur ship never sink......
Amen. Thanks dude, i appreciate smiley
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 9:25am On Dec 25, 2012
LastApostle: More accolade to in the near future for being a great inspiring gentleman with avalanche attributes.

More grease to your loins for the greater ''benefits'' here because that's the real award.

Nairaland loves you.
I'm so inspired, thanks great man. I appreciate your words. I'm humbled, better things awaits us in every way from now through 2013. Thanks man
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 9:26am On Dec 25, 2012
uj_sizzle: Choi see speech... Congratulations D-X, your wooing thread actually got me glued to this section.
Hahaha, that's interesting. Good to know smiley
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by vivianc(f): 10:52am On Dec 25, 2012
Congratulations! You deserve it, every little bit of it!

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Kirinwa: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2012
k2039: D-explorer, just read your speech and I'm short of words.

Hmm,didn't know you were also a politician.Well let me advise you if you'll be humble to still listen.Although I see you as the notice me kinda guy I have nothing against you.Your contributions are suberb but atimes you insult people.Just be cool in your replies,okay.Hopefully God willing your time will come.Cheers and Merry Xmas to you.

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by malaria(f): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
Long live. D explorer
Long live. Romance section posters
Long live Nairaland
Long live federal republic of Nigeria.
Merry Xmas everyone.

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by k2039: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kirinwa: Hmm,didn't know you were also a politician.Well let me advise you if you'll be humble to still listen.Although I see you as the notice me kinda guy
I have nothing against you.Your contributions are suberb but atimes you insult people.Just be cool in your replies,okay.Hopefully God willing your time will come.Cheers and Merry Xmas to you.

The way you see me is the problem, I suggest you get another lense so that you can see me for who I'm(Reality).gringringringringrin

I will try as much as possible to be civil in the coming year(I wont hesitate to insult as many people as possible in the remaining part of the year, I have to enjoy the fun while it last gringringringringringrin)

Besides that reminds me, I commented on one of your threads(the one on beautiful girl and her sister), less I forget I was a nice guy on that thread, no insults, in fact I tried defending you, that goes a long way to show you that I have stopped insulting people.

Merry christmas and have a fulfilling and glorious 2013.

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Idowuogbo(f): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kai! O so ro ju... Anyways.. Congratulobia o!

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by MrsChima(f): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
D~explorer

You didn't win Nobel Peace. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
D~explorer

you've come again. BTW, merry Xmas grin

1 Like

Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Jambsupport(f): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
dat ws long buh i tried readin. congrats D-Ex, we luv u n merry xmas darl
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
D explorer was too long but merry xmas and congrats.
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by IZUKWU(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
Windows , you get job so. Abi seun dey pay you. Some ceo never draw their blueprint for next year like this .
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
D~explorer

Check the records again. Look more btw 80s - 90s wink
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by DExplorer1: 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
Jambsupport: dat ws long buh i tried readin. congrats D-Ex, we luv u n merry xmas darl
andromida: D explorer was too long but merry xmas and congrats.
Merry Christmas to you sweeties and thank you cheesy
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by sexkills(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
[size=20pt]2013, am watching[/size]
Re: D- Explorer's Official Statement - 2012 Poster Of The Year. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
sexkills: [size=20pt]2013, am watching[/size]

who be this one? we got mad people here oooo

(1) (Reply)

Frank Edoho Marries Secretly In Arochukwu {PHOTO} / 36 Questions To Bring You Closer Together... / Wat Cn U Call Dis Actittude?wat Cn Be The Cause,ur Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.