Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank (22552 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Lovethywilbedon: 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
edoyad: If they keep revealing how they operate, aren't the sss guys only teaching the criminals how not to do it next time?
And how the hell is Shekau still a free man if the sss really want him arrested?
That is the BIG PROBLEM with Nigerian "INTELLIGENCE". Nobody has ever told the world how Osama binladin was tracked for a decade.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Lovethywilbedon: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
JaaizTech: I have always wondered why a method such as this was not being employed in the Kidnap cases. I guess, our security agents know how to do their Job, when they really want to .
Good job anyway but they should'nt have let the whole world know their METHOD.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by dady12: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
this is a welcome tactics to catch kidnappers,infact why have they not been applying this techniques long ago ,where there are cases of kidnapping every where?is it because she is a mother of a serving minister?this is what security men should have been doing before now,but they have already expose the secret which they suppose not,the kidnapper will soon adapt to another strategy on hearing this,they can even take the money to ghana or any nearby country,they would have kept this secret,anyway ,i thank God for the arrest and security men should do what is right not for the politicians alone but for common nigerians as well
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by deltaforce7(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
That's a good one.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by bakila: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Good news.

I hope the allegations by Okonjo that the kidnap was sponsored by aggrieved marketers is thoroughly investigated and those found culpable, arrested and prosecuted. If investigations reveal otherwise, then she should tender an unreserved apology to all oil marketers as well as all Nigerians for LYING..
Very right garri man. Anyways our leaders dont think that lying is bad.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by silica(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
Standing5: And if i may ask, how were they able to record or capture the ID of the some supposedly random customer who deposited 15m in a branch of a old generation? Through the marked notes just like that?
Dum.b ! Dum.b du.mb!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Paulipopor: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
This is a great news. The police are working afterall. But i think they should have concluded their investigations before coming out to talk.

Merry christmas people!

Sent from my samsung tablet...grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Mowire: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
This story is suspect.
*How much of the 40M has been recovered?
*How come a gang so sophisticated in their operation are naive as not to envisage such simplistic trap?
*How does this to the alleged killing of an alleged kingpin in the course of the saga?
*etc, etc...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Dee60: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
SSS, Police, Army and FG should go to that same extent for every Nigerian, and not only for the highly placed. Then, crimes will become minimal.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Ralphjoe(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
Bravo & a job welldone by the SSS, What a tactic there, but i still think they shouldn't have leaked the strategy they employed in tracking the kidnappers to the general public, they should have kept it a secret irrespective of what Nigerians (Nairalanders) may think if they are the real kidnappers or not, that is not a sound reason to leak it to the whole world. Anyway, kudos to the SSS.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Ralphjoe(m): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dee60: SSS, Police, Army and FG should go to that same extent for every Nigerian, and not only for the highly placed. Then, crimes will become minimal.
Word
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Leemak: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hello fellow Nairalanders, we are more matured and intelligent than this cooked and misguided story, stop believing FG through media, they are bunch of liars........they formulated this nonsense to distract our attention on the matter,if not why were they denying d payment of bounty ransom when d woman was released?......and mind u again who are d oil marketers? they are cabals, and cabals are who? THE UNTOUCHABLE.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by armadeo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dee60: SSS, Police, Army and FG should go to that same extent for every Nigerian, and not only for the highly placed. Then, crimes will become minimal.

i think i read somewhere in the post that the marked 40 mil was from cbn. now am glad that her mother has been released but this smells like selectivity cos i know lots and lots of peeps hard workers whom were kidnapped and coughed up thier hard earned cash y didnt cbn bring money then. selectivity.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by boban007: 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
i dont believe the police & the sss.there are too many twist&versions of the story.what if the original kidnappers had change the money to dollars or bought a car from an innocent person that went to deposit the money in the bank.does that automatically make the person the kidnapper or how does he identify the original kidnapper that must ve disappeared after transaction.i see no reason why the sss should expose thier modus operandi to the public.next time the kidnappers will go bury thier loot or find a way to launder it abroad.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by chrizfasa(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Good one here.
First, we where told it was 10M Naira ransom they paid...........try and recollect what they told us in medias,newspapers,social medias.
Secondly, is now 40M Naira........That means they don't have case.
Is obvious that they just want to act some funny movies. Our FG just be sincere to us for once now.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by redsun(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
Any kidnapping that is revealed to the police is a foiled one,otherwise it will mean the police endorses and tolerates kidnappings.It doesnt matter whether it turn out good or bad,the police must foil and bring the kidnappers to book and must never let them get away with the ransom.

The only kidnapping that pulls out sucessfully are the ones the police are not aware of,the ones that the victim's family has been strictly warned that letting the police know means the end of the victim.The one that is done discreetly.

Nigerian police/government lies indiscrimately and they see no misconducts in their actions.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by oluplus(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
N40 Milla? Pls from whose acct? CBN, FGN Iweala's family abi ministry of finance?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by xcuggsm(m): 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
NONSENSE!!
The arrested kidnappers, on getting to Abuja, should be awarded OON national awards and be automatically made honorary members of the National Assembly where they should stay with their elder brother in crime FAROUK LAWAN!
Their only mistake was being caught 'physically' with the money while their elder brother was only caught 'electronically' on video with the dollars!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by slimfit1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
I told this people what to do but still didn't follow my instruction God catch you foolish animal s told u greenness will kill you simple thing they made it look difficult.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by tutu1: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
I have always said it that the way to catch kidnappers is to go after the banks, banks are providing safe heavens for this people if they investigate deposits in banks, mostly new accounts, dormant one and small accounts that just explode over night you will realize that they are owned by criminals that use it, but government is not really interested in taking this part cost its time wasting and costly, they forget that nothing good comes easy
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by xpensivechic: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
i just hope that dis tails abt recoverying money and bla bla bla are all true because sincerely i do not trust nigeria police forece at alllll
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by stantob(m): 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
They aressted who? where? when? how? Fake news. Rubbish.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by nduchucks: 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
Gullible Nigerians!!

If you believe this story, I'd like to sell you a potion that can make any woman you touch after applying the potion to your palm, follow you like a dog on a leash.

What's the name of the bank where the kidnapper was arrested, where are the photographs of the arrest? Many more questions remain.

Mtcheeeew!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by blackkhali: 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
grin SSS don turn Jack Bower
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by superllyd: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
Good new, if ur sure of the story. Kudos to security agent.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by duni04(m): 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: Gullible Nigerians!!

If you believe this story, I'd like to sell you a potion that can make any woman you touch after applying the potion to your palm, follow you like a dog on a leash.

What's the name of the bank where the kidnapper was arrested, where are the photographs of the arrest? Many more questions remain.

Mtcheeeew!
Lol...hw much for d potion? :d
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Soglad(f): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Standing5: And if i may ask, how were they able to record or capture the ID of the some supposedly random customer who deposited 15m in a branch of a old generation? Through the marked notes just like that?
it is programmed already in the system.once u deposite abv de threshold, it will flag alert wic populates de A/C info for inquire.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by femliany(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
who is fooling who?police said the kidnappers were killed..perharps the SSS have arrested ghost
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by femliany(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
[quote
author=xcuggs_m]NONSENSE!!
The arrested kidnappers, on getting to Abuja, should be awarded OON
national awards and be automatically made honorary members of the
National Assembly where they should stay with their elder brother in
crime FAROUK LAWAN!
Their only mistake was being caught 'physically' with the money while
their elder brother was only caught 'electronically' on video with the
dollars![/quote]..,you wan break my ribs men?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by addictiv(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
But think of this guys many of us pay in money on a daily basis, assuming you paid in marked money how will the cashier know? Except you tell me that the money counting machine used in banks can detect such type of money if not.....there are a lot of iregularieties with this story.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by DigitalSignal(m): 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
duni04:
Dialogue with kidnappers? U must b from bayelsa state. U guys from bayelsa have a wrapped up sense of right and wrong.
How do you feel having said this? You must be a kid to have conceived this and without hesitation posted it here. In your warped thinking you ascribed the post of a fellow nairalander to the thinking of the people in an entire state! How prejudiced and myopic can you get! *Grabs him and gives him a blow in the right eye; raises hand to reshape his nose but he's a child and forgives him*.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Aarenaija: 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
What of if the woman is just an ordinary Nigerian who has no child that is a minister?
Would the SSS, Police, Army and the Central bank work together like this?

Till they work like together for a common man in Nigeria, no celebration ye,t at least from me................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell / 9-year Old Student Writes Book On Terrorism / Tears As 40 Persons Roast To Death In Multiple Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.