Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank (22484 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sounds good.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by buchiuzor: 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
I don't think this story is reliable. The SSS guys are the best security outfit we've got in the country now. But the SSS guys I know NEVER reveals their operation model to any one. or else what will be SECRETE about SSS.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by bodcash: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
Good news anyway...hope d CBN will give easily give me marked moni!!!! Nonsense na 9ja we dey
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Tinyemeka(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
lacasa: First it was 10million, now 40million undecided

B4 it was 62 suspects now It is 6suspects wt marked bills

Y does this govt take nigerians as dunces?

Ђδω on earth will i as a kidnapper, veteran one at that, kidnap a high profile target Such as a sitting minister's mother, collect the ransom neatly, then i'ld make such an amateurish move as Lodging it in a bank?.

Now, let me ask the SSS y do they think Kidnappping is only 2nd to bunkering in Nigeria today?.

Do they think ds kidnappers r students or touts that smoke weed n look rough

This kidnapping tin is like the italian mafia, its a syndicate, and they r more intellectual and sophisticated than they think and dats y they cannot handle them

This is pure PR by the FG to save face after goin tru d embarassment of the NOI/Sylvanus saga where their incompetence was crystal clear for the world to see

You are forming wise-man now because they've been caught. Pray tell me, what they were supposed to do with N40 million in physical cash? Use it to cook soup?

One might say they should have used the money to buy assets. But for how long? It's still physical cash. So at some point in time, the money would still go to the bank.

The bills were marked. Either with a hidden agent, or on the basis of their serial numbers.

Go read up the stages of money laundering to see what is involved in hiding money. Especially physical cash of that magnitude. Who knows, the money might have even included low bills of N100 and N200 sef.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Eisenhower(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Thought the whole kidnapping saga was said to be about subsidy/sure-P issue but the unintelligent kidnappers have shown that it is about money... smiley
the development indeed shows the kidnappers were neither sure-p or oil marketers protagonist but not withstanding we still need to keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by okoomoge2(m): 2:42am On Dec 26, 2012
SSS if you are guys are dead serious, I recommend you start a recruitment exercise targeted at recruiting hackers, dudes/babes that majored in communications for electrical and electronics, psychologist. All new generations.

For you field ops, go and recruit dudes from mushin, ajegunle,mile one diobu, enehren, boys around arihara, boys around upper nwekka, boys along taiwo and agbo of a road, isale ejo boys, all these boys must have at least OND. Send for training in covert ops in the states and make sure you pay them minimum salary of 500 thousand Naira.

On return they should return to the areas they grew up and must live in that area no flashy life style, none must have a car, don't issue ID cards to them but instead install a chip into their bodies and this to be managed by new generation wiz kids.

I laugh when people say they want to fight corruption, be read to pay the price to fight corruption.

There are hard men in the street if well remunerated and taken care of, are willing to serve Nigeria gallantly.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by okoomoge2(m): 2:44am On Dec 26, 2012
SSS if you are guys are dead serious, I recommend you start a recruitment exercise targeted at recruiting hackers, dudes/babes that majored in communications for electrical and electronics, psychologist. All new generations.

For you field ops, go and recruit dudes from mushin, ajegunle,mile one diobu, enehren, boys around arihara, boys around upper nwekka, boys along taiwo and agbo of a road, isale ejo boys, all these boys must have at least OND. Send for training in covert ops in the states and make sure you pay them minimum salary of 500 thousand Naira.

On return they should return to the areas they grew up and must live in that area no flashy life style, none must have a car, don't issue ID cards to them but instead install a chip into their bodies and this to be managed by new generation wiz kids.

I laugh when people say they want to fight corruption, be read to pay the price to fight corruption.

There are hard men in the street if well remunerated and taken care of, are willing to serve Nigeria gallantly.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Solozzo(m): 5:26am On Dec 26, 2012
I think it is a good idea for SSS to let the public know how the criminals were tracked and arrested:

1. It shows openness
2. Scares kidnappers as they know they can be tracked with marked notes, bank deposits and electronic tracking devices.

My only grouse is why this method not been applied in all other cases of kidnapping. I recommend the police set up a kidnap commabating division within te SSS in all states of the country and be more serious with all kidnapping cases.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Solozzo(m): 5:35am On Dec 26, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: That is the BIG PROBLEM with Nigerian "INTELLIGENCE". Nobody has ever told the world how Osama binladin was tracked for a decade.

A reasonable amount of information about how bin laden was tracked and killed was revealed by the United States of America govt except names if the seal members, person who informed about where bin laden was staying, the courier. Pls read more about this.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Solozzo(m): 5:46am On Dec 26, 2012
armadeo:

i think i read somewhere in the post that the marked 40 mil was from cbn. now am glad that her mother has been released but this smells like selectivity cos i know lots and lots of peeps hard workers whom were kidnapped and coughed up thier hard earned cash y didnt cbn bring money then. selectivity.

U can obtain marked notes by exchanging your hard earned money with cbn marked notes with SSS support in this kind of circumstances.

The idea is to use the money as a tracking device to trace the criminals
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by geeez: 5:46am On Dec 26, 2012
Well the security agencies knew they had to do their job because NOI was involved

However, how many of the kidnappers that have fleeced thousands of Nigerians of billions of Naira especially in the SE and SS have been apprehended?

With this revelation, kidnappers may begin to demand foreign currencies which will invariably make the Naira lose value against those currencies preferred by them as ransom. It will also make them refrain from depositing their booty in the bank

Also if security agencies only do their jobs when high profile people are involved, it only means kidnappers will leave the people that matter in society and focus on those whose kidnappings won't make the headlines. So those in government will be free while those out of it will be at their mercy.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by geeez: 5:56am On Dec 26, 2012
Solozzo:

U can obtain marked notes by exchanging your hard earned money with cbn marked notes with SSS support in this kind of circumstances.

The idea is to use the money as a tracking device to trace the criminals

Yes almost anyone can obtain marked monies but money is not marked with electronic chips in them and they won't have been caught if they hadn't deposited the money in the bank or done one huge cash transaction with it. So what would you do if your relative was kidnapped and they demanded as low as N2m cash which may never be banked? Some even settle for ransom as low as 500k. That money, I bet will never come close to the deadman's door of a bank
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 26, 2012
Why expose intelligence used in catching the culprits.
Whatever happened to Data protection Act
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by nebeolis: 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
Maxymilliano:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/sss-nabs-okonjos-abductors-in-bank
NIGERIAN PRESS ARE PREMASURE, HOW CAN A PRESS MEDIA KEEPING WRITING WHAT IS SCRETE FOR SECURITY. HOW ARE THEY DOING LIKE THIS EVERY SCRETE ABOUT SECURITY OF THIS COUNTRY THE GO STRAIT PUBLISH IT IT'S SO BAD THAT'S WHY THERE STILL A LOT OF CRIMINALS IN NIGERIA TODAY
Re: Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapper Arrested In Bank by dedollarman(m): 3:45am On Dec 27, 2012
Naija na wao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doctored Budget: This Matter Is ‘sensitive’, Ita Enang Responds To Senate / Fayemi Sworn-in As Governor Of Ekiti State (photos) / Sagay: Releasing ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Into Society Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.