Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi (9871 Views)

FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria / Petrol Shortages May Linger For Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by COOLDUN: 10:02am On Dec 27, 2012
obo_man:

Well, with the Niger-Delta youth, every body on this planet knew they were fighting for a JUST cause...... The reasons for their grievances are;

A) Oil companies often pollute and desecrate their land and rivers with oil spills, and aren't cleaning it up... This therefore affects their means of livelihood. They cant fish nor farm

B) Despite the fact that for 90% of Nigeria's foreign earnings come from their region, only a meagre revenue is allocated back to them, bearing in mind that regions that contribute the least get more

C) Very few Niger-Deltans actually benefit from oil-blocks ownership, compared to other regions of the federation

So there is a justifiable cause as to why there are militants in Niger-Delta, hence why they were given amnesty. Niger-Delta also had specific targets (oil installations and expatriates).

They never went to Mosques with Ak47 to kill and behead women and children.

They never went to youth Camps to kill Muslim graduates and maim them

They never said all Nigerians should convert to Christianity, and that Yaradua should convert to Christianity...

They also gave notices in advance b4 bombing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning militancy, but you and I would agree that there are valid reasons as to why Niger-Deltan Youths were bitter. Where you and I might disagree are the means by which they protested their aggressions.

Why northern Muslim youths are bitter is beyond me..... They aren't bitter towards IBB, Abacha's family, etc, but innocent Christians in their midst. What has an innocent Christian selling spare parts in Kano got to do with Northern Muslims' problems, that you behead him and burn his properties?

What has the northern Christians got to do with your problem, that you go to their churches, burn them alive, and set the buildings ablaze?

What has the Christians up north got to do with your governors stealing money, taking vacations in Dubai, and marrying under-age girls?

Why ain't you limiting your targets to your leaders, and past governors that ruined your states?

Why can't Boko Haram declare a bounty on the son of Jigawa's governor, for trying to smuggle money out of the country?

Why can't they demand that Abacha and IBB's loots be brought to their region, to develop their once thriving textile industry?

Instead, they see innocent Christians who can't fight back as easy targets, killing them like vampires looking for blood.

Their demands are silly and barbaric. They all want us to be Muslims by force, isn't that laughable?

Fellow Nigerians, these extremists are beasts, because only beasts kill innocent children. You can never reason with beasts, you destroy them like vampires.

This Sheik and his supporters are just intolerant and unreasonable. He said the forces that killed Tafawa and Ahmadu Bello are back......

Where was he when his kinsman killed Ken Saro Wiwa. I'm sure Sheik only sees things in black and white.... 'If you not a Muslim, you must always be against us.'..

Ironically, Sheik Gumi used 'Facebook', a non-Muslim medium to air his views.... Now, that is Haram...... grin grin grin grin

You have said it all my dear, one animal asked how many Jews Hitler killed, yes he killed the Jews 6 million, but can any muslim tell us how many muslims that have been killed in all their senseless wars by their tyrant rulers? Latest example is Syria where both the government forces and the rebels are blaming each other for the killings of the citizens. That one is a trademark of the muslims, they kill and cause violence while they cry more louder as the victimized , somebody in this broad day light is lying that Osama Bin Laden is not fighting in the name of islam, my people ask this guy the meaning of mujahedeen in Arabic language ? What is the meaning of Allah arkubar before the terrorist carry out their activities? Niger Delta was encouraged by the northern muslims who supported Alhaji Assare Dukubo hoping that they can manipulate him, but later fell apart with him, when he dumped them after getting what he was looking for, that is why they are grouping the Mend and Niger Delta fighters alongside the Boko Haram. Al quaeda has captured the northern Mali and established their launching base there while West African presidents are sleeping and snoring.

Taliban established a sharia law government in Afghanistan with the funding and assistances of Osama Bin Laden and Pakistani government under Islamic principles, but this Boko Haram member on nairaland is telling us that Osama was fight only against the American interests in the Arab world. Fellow truth loving people, never be fooled by the hypocritical sweet tongues of the muslims, because they will never condemn terrorism because it was where the foundation of their religion was laid.

I have this question for the muslims in this nairaland forum or anywhere in this world, my question is this: where was Islamic religion introduced through peaceful preaching and willingly convert in this world? Mention the place so that I can be convinced that your religion is a religion of peace.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by mu2sa2: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2012
BlueMurder:

You are the one behaving like an ostrich here: seeing a clear truth and pretending that it is not. Why not point out any false thing the Shaykh said? The man started by condemning the few misguided Muslims who shed others blood in the name of Islam, before going on to clarify that it was not an occurrence limited to some misguided Muslims alone. He then reminded us of what Amnesty International had earlier informed us regarding extra-judicial killings being perpetrated by the security forces in the North-East particularly. He reminded us further of the injustice of January 1966. Was all that false?

Yet, you called him a coward and claimed you had lost respect for him. What respect? Just be honest and say you never had any respect for him!
God bless u. While others are hurling insults nd gibberish, your post is mature and meaningful. Sheikh Gumi has only exercised his freedom of speech, guaranteed under nigerian constitution. Those who are uncomfortable with the obvious are, as usual, exhibiting their shallowness and area boy character.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by vedaxcool(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2012
The man said many truth, some speculations, and this is not what Nigeria needs to hear, we need to rally together to fight the Federal Haram that is looting us silly!
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by jcross19: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:
You just vomited rubbish.

Was it MOSQUE that attacked church, where and when were people forced with a gun to become muslim?

What is the meaning of christian don't riot? So riots and protest in countries like Congo, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Greece, France etc were not carried out by your fellow christian?
Just say something that can hold water. Ok?
oh ,then tell me why all terrorists are muslims like bokos,ansarul,alqaeda.alshwaba,taliban,almajideen and so much more .then who was ur kindrel,abdul mutahlab what was he doing with dyamite in his pant?why yemen is their base.which book are they reading,koran,their mentol ,mohammad.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by JaaizTech: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2012
abdulkayus: I read it on his page 2day written in Hausa language. Even me as a Muslim didnt agree 100% wit his postulations. Northerners dont lyk tellin theirselves d truth, dat is y dis religion intolerance, religion crisis will continue here and there if care is nt taken. Instead of lookin inward to solve their problem, dey lyk pushind blame on d other side.
Sheik Gumi, i am a muslim lyk u and do listen to ur sermon very well bt i disagree wit u on most of ur points on dis articles. Tel ur northerner bro who behave lyk herd of sheeps d truth.
CIAO.

I am a Muslim too, and this is exactly where I stand; Northerners find it so difficult to see how much they have wronged themselves and others. I don't know if it is arrogance, or lack of exposure or because for decades they have been in power and have always looked at themselves from within themselves. They are just damn too blind to see, and perhaps too arrogant to accept the truth as it is. Boko-Haram is not Islam, ideology of Boko-Haram is anti-Islam, Boko-Haram has its origins in the north, it flourishes in the north because of the failure of the past leaders to help her people develop. This is the plain truth, accept and look for a way to solve the problem, that's the approach i expect from the north, not to remain in denial. There are obvious instances that a group people (Christians) would have done some things to malign or harm Islam and the North, just the same way there have been instances a group of people (Muslims) have done things to malign or harm christians and the south; these issues would always exist, the onus is on us to prepare ourselves for the challenges, to develop the North, to develop her people, most importantly. It is nobody's fault that the North is so poorly educated and wallowing in immense poverty, it is nobody's fault but the Fault of the Northern leaders themselves

2 Likes

Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by teskyg: 11:14am On Dec 27, 2012
Islam.muslims,Islam.Religion of violence,brainwashed,blood sucking demons.Islam remains the problem of the world.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by BlueMurder(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2012
SUBMARINE: @Blue Murder What of the injustice of 1945, 50s & 60s committed by hausa-fulanis. Pls the 50,000 Igbos killed in 1966 did they all made mockery of Sarduna's death. If 1966 coup was an Igbo coup how come OJUKWU & IRONSI who are both Igbos stopped the coup plotters and jailed them.

Well, i don't know how you came about the bolded, but the murder of even a single person is expressly forbidden in Islam. If anyone does that under whatever guise, he is a criminal and should be dealt with as such. It is the inability of the government to isolate and rein in murderous groups (official or otherwise)in this country that has given vent to the outpouring of frustrations such as Gumi's.

Indeed, the activities of terrorists operating under the guise of Islam, and the incompetence or complicity of the government on the other hand, has severely eroded the ability of genuine Muslims to invite others to Islam. One can hardly say one or two things before some brainless fellow shouts "BOKO HARAM".
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by BlueMurder(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2012
JaaizTech:

I am a Muslim too, and this is exactly where I stand; Northerners find it so difficult to see how much they have wronged themselves and others. I don't know if it is arrogance, or lack of exposure or because for decades they have been in power and have always looked at themselves from within themselves. They are just damn too blind to see, and perhaps too arrogant to accept the truth as it is. Boko-Haram is not Islam, ideology of Boko-Haram is anti-Islam, Boko-Haram has its origins in the north, it flourishes in the north because of the failure of the past leaders to help her people develop. This is the plain truth, accept and look for a way to solve the problem, that's the approach i expect from the north, not to remain in denial. There are obvious instances that a group people (Christians) would have done some things to malign or harm Islam and the North, just the same way there have been instances a group of people (Muslims) have done things to malign or harm christians and the south; these issues would always exist, the onus is on us to prepare ourselves for the challenges, to develop the North, to develop her people, most importantly. It is nobody's fault that the North is so poorly educated and wallowing in immense poverty, it is nobody's fault but the Fault of the Northern leaders themselves

You are a Muslim? Interesting. A real Muslim does not speculate on issues and does not segregate on the basis of tribalism or ethnicity. You are insinuating that the North introduced Boko Haram to achieve some ulterior motives. Is that a fact? And for whatever reason, you are trying to segregate between Northern and Southern Muslims. Is that what Islam taught you? Don't deceive yourself: non-Muslims perceive Muslims as the same, whether you are from the North, West, East or South. So, drop that irritating, condescending attitude of yours.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by hotwax: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
BlueMurder:

You are a Muslim? Interesting. A real Muslim does not speculate on issues and does not segregate on the basis of tribalism or ethnicity. You are insinuating that the North introduced Boko Haram to achieve some ulterior motives. Is that a fact? And for whatever reason, you are trying to segregate between Northern and Southern Muslims. Is that what Islam taught you? Don't deceive yourself: non-Muslims perceive Muslims as the same, whether you are from the North, West, East or South. So, drop that irritating, condescending attitude of yours.

You are right ooo. Tell this dum.b guy. Let all good and devout muslims support boko-haram.
They are fighting for our Allah. Infidels must convert.

1 Like

Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
hotwax:
Let's not make sense out of nonsense. I didn't wanna comment but these mo.rons will not let me hold my peace.
Why comparing buying private jet with boko hram? How did buying private jet got any muslim killed? How did that bomb any mosque.
Nija delta militant record still lingers in our mind. They did not tell anyone to convert to christian or vacate the south.
Many hausa men heads oil offices in niger-delta, did you see mend killing them?
Did you see nija deltan attacking mosques?
Did hear them saying they are fighting for Jehovah?

Stop making fraudulent excuses for boko haram. Kindly give us A̶̲̥̅​ tangible excuse and not illogical, off-topic excuses.

Thank you.
bro how is my post illogical? i just tried to justify the acquisition of private jets by our pastors.as a matter of fact i dont have a problem with that notwithstanding the fact that i do not own one. have you forgotten so easily that there was a time when it was a shame to profess your faith as a christain in this country? i do not want to go back memory lane to recount those years, because such experiences brings tears to my eyes, and makes me start weeping. anyone who is not okay with that should go and launch himself from Zuma rock, Abuja
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
[
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by mshd5: 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote
author=Techwriter]I still maintain that the posting of the superiority
of Islam over Christianity threads in d front page during christmas is
deliberate. But the more the moderator who does it tries, the more he
exposes the weaknesses of Islam instead.

After reading this man's statement, we are no longer surprised why there
is Boko Haram; it is cunny messages like this that inspire them. To a
dullard, it will apear he is against murder, and evil but that guy just
promoted suicide bombing in disguise. Little wonder Boko boys named him
as one of their arbitrators. They come out to criticize Boko Haram but
their messages encourage it.

That said, let me clarify some issued here
Christianity has evolved to become a religion of those that believe in
Jesus Christ as the son of God. But the etymology of the word christian
as enshrined in the Bible is defined as those whose lives are similar to
that of Christ. So you judge wether somebody is a Christian by looking
at him in the light of the example Jesus set. Jesus never killed or
murdered, or involved in pedophilia. All these were the examples set
forth by Muhammad while still disguising himself as a prophet, exactly
the way Gunmi is doing. Muhamed killed for religio-political purposes
which many Muslims are copying.

If the general manager of a GTBank starts selling and promoting the use
of Cocaine while still wearing their branded Tshirt, it doesn't make him
a representative of their company in that act; but the same cannot be
said if Femi Kuti under Fela shrine does the same. Shooter in school,
Rihanna, Niger Delta militants, Eastern Nigerian kidnappers and every
other element that go by the name Christian is not one by biblical
standard. But Osama, AlQaeda, Boko Haram are the true Muslims because
they take after their father muhammed.[/quote]
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by mshd5: 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote
author=Techwriter]I still maintain that the posting of the superiority
of Islam over Christianity threads in d front page during christmas is
deliberate. But the more the moderator who does it tries, the more he
exposes the weaknesses of Islam instead.

After reading this man's statement, we are no longer surprised why there
is Boko Haram; it is cunny messages like this that inspire them. To a
dullard, it will apear he is against murder, and evil but that guy just
promoted suicide bombing in disguise. Little wonder Boko boys named him
as one of their arbitrators. They come out to criticize Boko Haram but
their messages encourage it.

That said, let me clarify some issued here
Christianity has evolved to become a religion of those that believe in
Jesus Christ as the son of God. But the etymology of the word christian
as enshrined in the Bible is defined as those whose lives are similar to
that of Christ. So you judge wether somebody is a Christian by looking
at him in the light of the example Jesus set. Jesus never killed or
murdered, or involved in pedophilia. All these were the examples set
forth by Muhammad while still disguising himself as a prophet, exactly
the way Gunmi is doing. Muhamed killed for religio-political purposes
which many Muslims are copying.

If the general manager of a GTBank starts selling and promoting the use
of Cocaine while still wearing their branded Tshirt, it doesn't make him
a representative of their company in that act; but the same cannot be
said if Femi Kuti under Fela shrine does the same. Shooter in school,
Rihanna, Niger Delta militants, Eastern Nigerian kidnappers and every
other element that go by the name Christian is not one by biblical
standard. But Osama, AlQaeda, Boko Haram are the true Muslims because
they take after their father muhammed.[/quote]
it is only in xtianity dt allows immorals and insult on others religions cos of their highest level of ignorance.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by benson19: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
Aggrippa:
bro how is my post illogical? i just tried to justify the acquisition of private jets by our pastors.as a matter of fact i dont have a problem with that notwithstanding the fact that i do not own one. have you forgotten so easily that there was a time when it was a shame to profess your faith as a christain in this country? i do not want to go back memory lane to recount those years, because such experiences brings tears to my eyes, and makes me start weeping. anyone who is not okay with that should go and launch himself from Zuma rock, Abuja
pastors ar buyin private jets is dat d reasons ur brodas ar buzi bombin churches up north??
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Zags001: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Wot would any reasonable and sane person expect from an international ex-convict as Gumi? Infact, i am of d opinion that replying such a criminal is the height of degrading oneself to the lowest level. And it is very obvious that most of his supporters are oblivious of the true happenings in the north of Nig., but chose to derive their biased facts from only what the likes of Gumi tell them or what they read on some biased dailys. Why not experience first-hand the true happenings of events in the North as it involves Islamic terrorism,, by relocating to places like kano and kaduna (where such acts occur at a much lower rate & where people like us do reside too) and spending at least a whole year there? @Lagusta or whatever, dis is for relocation suggestion is for you. Peace out!
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
benson19: pastors ar buyin private jets is dat d reasons ur brodas ar buzi bombin churches up north??
my brodas? what broda? that i agreed with Lagusta on this issue the other time doesn`t mean we are on the same page, i was only trying to be diplomatic.the method most people use here which includes trading of insults is not the best and will not take us anywhere. you have to recognize that some fellows on this forum have been brainwashed beyond redemption. just as cancer, HIV would require unique treatment different from malaria parasite, these fellows should require special treatment
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by hotwax: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Aggrippa:

When was christians ashamed of their religion? Why this up and down in the name of siding boko haram. Your case is hopeless.
I will still ask you again. What is the link between pastors private jets and boko haram daily massacres ?
Just answer us with logic and stop jumping from trees to tress without any fruit.

Somebody jump from zuma rock? Lol, christians don't die or kil themselves with petty reasons. That's what make you muslims.
You can't hold A̶̲̥̅​ simple argument without killing or getting killed.
SMH for your hopeless brain
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
hotwax:

When was christians ashamed of their religion? Why this up and down in the name of siding boko haram. Your case is hopeless.
I will still ask you again. What is the link between pastors private jets and boko haram daily massacres ?
Just answer us with logic and stop jumping from trees to tress without any fruit.

Somebody jump from zuma rock? Lol, christians don't die or kil themselves with petty reasons. That's what make you muslims.
You can't hold A̶̲̥̅​ simple argument without killing or getting killed.
SMH for your hopeless brain
i think you are suffering from dual personality disorder(DPD) multiple personality disorder i strongly advice that you take your medication immediately any delay could be fatal.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by hotwax: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Aggrippa:
i think you are suffering from dual personality disorder(DPD) multiple personality disorder i strongly advice that you take your medication immediately any delay could be fatal.
Then you are suffering from logical and reasoning disorder.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
hotwax:
Then you are suffering from logical and reasoning disorder.
Hotwax agreed there is no link between pastors private jets and bokoharam it was Lagusta that made me digress grin grin grin. Please dont be offended cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by hotwax: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Aggrippa:
Hotwax agreed there is no link between pastors private jets and bokoharam it was Lagusta that made me digress grin grin grin. Please dont be offended cheesy cheesy cheesy

Apology accepted. And I am sorry for using dirt slur and rants on you.
Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by guguz(m): 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Who is this cow?

Re: Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi by osram(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
SeunLadipo: the first terrorists 2 kill our leaders ar igbo terrorists who kil only from oda religion n tribes.D1st war in 9ja was by igbo terrorists.D 1st bombing in 9ja was by d n/delta terrorists.1st coup kilin democratcally elected leaders was by ibo terrorists...D list is endless.
Bleep u n mohammed...d first bomb killer is babangida..he killed dele giwa tru a leta bomb...abi u dn 4gt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News : Its Either Peaceful Disintegration Or War - ILM / Gov. Akeredolu To Sign Anti-Open Grazing Bill Today / Stay Away From Borrowing More - DMO Warns FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.