Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,398 members, 7,846,672 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Public Power Supply Continues To Improve - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (9363 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Naijalane: 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
In our area we have light but our street's own carry over-load and it offs at anytym and others will have their own light and its pains me a lot
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Who says the propagandist are not earning their pay. These days, because of the fierce online attacks by propagandists, those who commend the govt for one thing or the other have to start from a DEFENSIVE point by stating "I'm not a fan of GEJ but" or "I dont believe in this govt but" or I hate GEJ but".
These DEFENSIVE opening phrases by those who set out to commend the govt in certain areas are just to starve off fierce attacks by online propagandists and BLACK MAILERS. Who says the online propagandists are not earning their pay and smiling to the bank?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Where I reside, as I write this text, we've had 48hrs constant public power supply, no blink. Before this time we been having 18 to 20hrs daily average power supply.
Only recently, the power ministry officials and the transmission company of Nig confirmed the country attained a new power generation peak of about 4,500MW.
This is not eldorado but are definitely positive signs that the reforms in the power sector are yielding fruit.
We expect that 2013 will definitely be better as the new private owners of the PHCN successor companies take over.
And it had to be you of all people.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Emmyk(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
@OP well. I dunno. Light have always being constant here in Ajaokuta, Kogi State for many Decades. Anyways in 7days, we always have light-out for nothing more than 10minutes.. I was told reason been 4 the Ajaokuta Steel Company stuff. If the light is out for too long, Nigeria will be @a loss of Millions of naira...
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Maidamma: mr sincere 9gerian where do you reside
? please we want to know if you are truly sincere
I live in Enugu city. You should have known by now. I'm not anonymous
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by ocelot2006(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
Over here in Jalingo, it's close to 24hrs a day. I say kudos to GEJ.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
blink182: And it had to be you of all people.
Yes na me. The ONE and ONLY sincere 9gerian. I just switched off my refrigerator like 30mins ago because it is over-blocked. It is now precisely 52hrs of constant power, no blink. I'm broadcasting live from Enugu city, also called the Coal City.
This is the same way I'll be beating my chest and BROADCASTING LIVE when the CONSTRUCTION of the 2nd Niger bridge begins next year. Watch Out!

4 Likes

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by iykak47: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Truly, the AIR IS GETTING FRESHER grin
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Dmantle: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
real improvement in Owerri, 110 Tetlow to be precise
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by AZeD1(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Yes na me. The ONE and ONLY sincere 9gerian. I just switched off my refrigerator like 30mins ago because it is over-blocked. It is now precisely 52hrs of constant power, no blink. I'm broadcasting live from Enugu city, also called the Coal City.
This is the same way I'll be beating my chest when the CONSTRUCTION of the 2nd Niger bridge begins next year. Watch Out!

52 hrs of constant light won't "over-block" a fridge. Its either your fridge is faulty or you are just cooking up stories.

2 Likes

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by saynotojona: 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
okupe has invaded nairaland.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by earthgreeners(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Silly 9gerian!!!!!
U don come here again dey spread ur mor.onic news...abeg go say all that to the birds.......
For my area we get light since January 1st 2012. Infact, the volatage too high for my fan, TV, fridge, bulb, and socket...na only I beta pass my neigbour generator fit power dem and na him I dey use..
The good news is that petrol is sold at 65naira in my area, and its readily available at every street junction cos the competition have forced major filling stations to close down.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by dabrake(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yes oh. From 0 minutes daily to 86 minutes daily. GEJ is working. GEJ for 2015.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by iykak47: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
saynotojona: okupe has invaded nairaland.
Don't tell me you forbid good news.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nightshift(m): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
Usually power supply does improve in Nigerian cities during Christmas until mid January when holidaymakers return. Most cities in the country has about 30-35% of it's normal population during this period. Do your survey in February, i'm sure the scenario will be different .
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by earthgreeners(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
dabrake: Yes oh. From 0 minutes daily to 86 minutes daily. GEJ is working. GEJ for 2015.

86 minutes of interrupted power daily!!!!, bros u dey enjoy oooo...abeg go off ur fridge because the tin go don overblock
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by kelvincoll(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
StateOfMind: I stay in ib and we've not had light in my area (most areas I think) for days...5days to be specific angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Kindly recharge your prepaid meter or pay you lightbill to the nearest PHCN office grin grin grin grin... if symptom persist after 24hrs pls consult your commisoner for power
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
A-ZeD:

52 hrs of constant light won't "over-block" a fridge. Its either your fridge is faulty or you are just cooking up stories.
See me see wahala oh! These propagandists and blackmailers will argue with me even over things happening in MY HOUSE. Na wah o.
We been having 18-20hrs daily power supply in the last 2months or so. However, in the last 52hrs 25mins, power has been on continuously, no blinking. I switched off my fridge 30mins because it is over-blocked and to avoid unnecessary accumulation of bills. How is that difficult to understand?
Na wa oh!
Small time the propagandists will slam me with allegation that I stole N1,000billion.
Na wa oh!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by phadat(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
like seriously where is he *checking sincere nigerian profile* grin
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by dabrake(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
earthgreeners:

86 minutes of interrupted power daily!!!!, bros u dey enjoy oooo...abeg go off ur fridge because the tin go don overblock
omo, see enjoyment nah. Hopefully, by 2015, it will be up to 3 hours daily . . .

Ah! Up nepa!!!!!!!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Stop this defeatist mentality. The issue at stake on this thread is whether power has improved in your area or not.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by mascot87(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
In my area,we bought transformer for ourself and since then (8 months now) we are yet to be connected by the PHCN. We have even given them all they requested for but yet they have refused to connect us and they are using police to arrest protesting youths. It seems we have no hope here,we were asked to contribute some money for the connection which we did but still nothing has been done. They treaten to arrest anyone that connect the light. We have transformer and everything is connected but the PHCN has refused to energize us. We are fed up and we dont know what to do. We are treated as if we dont exist. what is our crime? I was thinking we should take them to court. Please anyone with useful information on what we can do should please help!!!!! please what can we do to solve this problem,for now we dont know what to do.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
dabrake: omo, see enjoyment nah. Hopefully, by 2015, it will be up to 3 hours daily . . .

Ah! Up nepa!!!!!!!
But seriously, why would you wish and pray that power supply should not improve in Nigeria? Are you the DEVIL that was spoken off in the Holy bible?

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by ocelot2006(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
killuminati: Na because of holidays dem leave light ooooo, don't be fooooled y'all! All na wash make we wait and see wetin dem take welcome us enter january. Yeyeyeye government and mumu followers!

Months ago it was "the water level in the dams are still here; power will drop once the dry season come". And now its "it's just because of the festivities blah blah blah". What's your next excuse?

5 Likes

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by benzion72(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have not seen electricity in five days in my area. Apete area behind polytechnic ibadan.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Day 4 of total blackout in most parts of ibadan.
Fuel level critical
Next line of action : of to lagos
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
pokur: @OP I think u should abstain a bit from that thing u are taking.Seems its making u experience life in an alternate universe.
Where is that ur area that is experiencing power supply for 50 consecutive hours,when other areas have not had light in 2,3 days?.The best we had was 5 intermittent hours of light on Boxing day.
There's been no light here since last evening,e'en as I type this.
WHY WOULD THEY SUPPLY YOU LIGHT WHEN U DNT PAY UR PHCN BILL ON TIME.. We here are stil enjoying power for the past 1week.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by gudnex22(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
ade sharon: Still worst in my area.No improvement

were?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
mascot87: In my area,we bought transformer for ourself and since then (8 months now) we are yet to be connected by the PHCN. We have even given them all they requested for but yet they have refused to connect us and they are using police to arrest protesting youths. It seems we have no hope here,we were asked to contribute some money for the connection which we did but still nothing has been done. They treaten to arrest anyone that connect the light. We have transformer and everything is connected but the PHCN has refused to energize us. We are fed up and we dont know what to do. We are treated as if we dont exist. what is our crime? I was thinking we should take them to court. Please anyone with useful information on what we can do should please help!!!!! please what can we do to solve this problem,for now we dont know what to do.
This is part of the general problem in Nigeria. Even when those at the top are working hard to ensure that life is better for you and I, lower cadre people, some of who to NL to pontificate about how things are not being done right in Nig, will be frustrating everything.
This is the main reason the govt is privatising PHCN because no matter how much money and how much effort is put into PHCN as it is today, the attitude of some lower cadre staff, the type which you just complained about will continue to be OBSTACLES to progress.
I suggest, you people should come together as a community, write a petition to the nearest NERC office (search their website for addresses), detailing all the efforts you had made so far and the reluctance of the PHCN people to do their job. Alternatively or in the absence of NERC in your locality, you people can still write a petition and go in group to deliver it to any higher level PHCN official. Which ever step you people take, consistency and follow-up will yield quicker result. If they'r still reluctant to act, you people can organise and go and OCCUPY the nearest PHCN office. Yes, its possible for 10 persons or more to OCCUPY PHCN and not leave until a firm and positive response is gotten from PHCN. This is part of the problem with most Nigerians. We make GHOST noise and exhibit phantom activism about things happening in Abuja but we cannot exhibit REAL activism and make REAL noise about wrong things happening in our LOCALITY.
Anyway, I wish you luck

2 Likes

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by moneyhungry(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
timbros: I cant comment because my transformer spoil.... Or did i just commented?

Damn! 2nd page cry
I'll try harder next time...
na your bad grammar dey spoil una transformer.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by moneyhungry(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
mascot87: In my area,we bought transformer for ourself and since then (8 months now) we are yet to be connected by the PHCN. We have even given them all they requested for but yet they have refused to connect us and they are using police to arrest protesting youths. It seems we have no hope here,we were asked to contribute some money for the connection which we did but still nothing has been done. They treaten to arrest anyone that connect the light. We have transformer and everything is connected but the PHCN has refused to energize us. We are fed up and we dont know what to do. We are treated as if we dont exist. what is our crime? I was thinking we should take them to court. Please anyone with useful information on what we can do should please help!!!!! please what can we do to solve this problem,for now we dont know what to do.
smoke some crack n go to sleep ...
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by damorac: 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
we are having an aggregate of 20hrs generator power supply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictured: Unveiling The Only Child Of Ex-oil Minister, Diezani Alison-madueke / UK House Of Commons Debate On Chibok Girls, Vows To Keep Up The Pressure / Flooding: Enugu Moves Against Building Defaulters, Street Traders, Nightclubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.