Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,865 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Public Power Supply Continues To Improve - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (9360 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by COMPAQ(m): 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
Pretty bad here in PH o! At least my part of Ph (Rumuibekwe). Incidentally, it used to be quite good before (average of 15-18 hours aday), but for the last 2-3 months we average just about 5-8 hours.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Demdem(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
COMPAQ: Pretty bad here in PH o! At least my part of Ph (Rumuibekwe). Incidentally, it used to be quite good before (average of 15-18 hours aday), but for the last 2-3 months we average just about 5-8 hours.

Rumuodara is even worse. I thought Ameachi told PH residents that by the end of this year, we will all send all our generating sets to the village becos there will be no power failure undecided or did i get my info wrong?

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
Oh dear, see what Nigeria have been reduced to! Some seeing light for 16hrs a day are singing things are getting better I remember visiting a friend in New Castle few weeks ago, in the morning the light went off during to a house fire. There was no electricity for four hours.

Before we knew it,council went around ALL the streets that was affected by the power cut, dropping leaflets through the doors, notifying residents when power will be restored! True to their words, by 3pm same day, they restored power. What shocked me the most was that council went around the homes of the elderly and children to supply them food, and they asked any nursing mother that needs food supply to contact them with a dedicated number line provided!

Sadly enough, when I spoke to my mother in Nigeria on boxing day, she told me they are running on the heavy duty generator in the house! It is clear from the majority of replies so far the OP's assertions are utter falsehood! They maybe generating 4,000MW, but not until the distribution network is sorted out and that includes every sub stations, and those step up or step down transformers in neighborhood, most Nigerians will continue to live in darkness. That is where the main effort should be concentrated but there is nothing currently being done in that regard which clearly suggest the so called power reforms are a ruse! I hope I am proved wrong
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
0lumide: Sincere_9gerian, tell people where your area is!! Stop lying!!

You can't name your area yet you are here spreading lies and more lies!!

See your grave below bro!! It's silently waiting on you!! Say your area!!
Why are you moving from pillar to post, hunting for bad news? Are you the DEVIL that was mentioned in the Holy Bible?
What is the relationship between the question on whether power has improved in your area or not and your grave that is below you?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
0lumide: Sincere_9gerian, tell people where your area is!! Stop lying!!

You can't name your area yet you are here spreading lies and more lies!!

See your grave below bro!! It's silently waiting on you!! Say your area!!
The disgruntled_9gerian lives in a power line that feeds of the government house generator in Enugu. Remember its festives, so they run the generator more longer than normal and they also fused their line so they do not run abuses on the governor and His aid grin
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by AlexJ1(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
hey it's Christmas. It's always that way every Christmas. Domestic power supply rises as industrial power is used to supplement it. Industries are usually on partial break during this period. This, however, is as far as i know.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yes, it has...
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by jmaine: 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
Before they said it was the raining season . .Now they are saying it's because it's Christmas . . . . Looking forward to next season excuse grin . . . .
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by iammodel(m): 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
pokur: @OP I think u should abstain a bit from that thing u are taking.Seems its making u experience life in an alternate universe.
Where is that ur area that is experiencing power supply for 50 consecutive hours,when other areas have not had light in 2,3 days?.The best we had was 5 intermittent hours of light on Boxing day.
There's been no light here since last evening,e'en as I type this.

Reporting from my area in benin city, there is tremendous improvement.

Kpele bros! I beg neva troway ur gen o.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by taharqa: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Omo_Tier1: Oh dear, see what Nigeria have been reduced to! Some seeing light for 16hrs a day are singing things are getting better I remember visiting a friend in New Castle few weeks ago, in the morning the light went off during to a house fire. There was no electricity for four hours.

Before we knew it,council went around ALL the streets that was affected by the power cut, dropping leaflets through the doors, notifying residents when power will be restored! True to their words, by 3pm same day, they restored power. What shocked me the most was that council went around the homes of the elderly and children to supply them food, and they asked any nursing mother that needs food supply to contact them with a dedicated number line provided!

Sadly enough, when I spoke to my mother in Nigeria on boxing day, she told me they are running on the heavy duty generator in the house! It is clear from the majority of replies so far the OP's assertions are utter falsehood! They maybe generating 4,000MW, but not until the distribution network is sorted out and that includes every sub stations, and those step up or step down transformers in neighborhood, most Nigerians will continue to live in darkness. That is where the main effort should be concentrated but there is nothing currently being done in that regard which clearly suggest the so called power reforms are a ruse! I hope I am proved wrong

Its always astonishing (and annoying n a funny way) when I see peeps making ASSERTIONS in public with every sense of authority when they are so WRONG! It astonishes me EVERY TIME.

Not less than 17 NIPP Transmission and Distribution lines and substations have been completed in LAGOS alone THIS YEAR as at November out of 57 such ongoing projects, and this is not even counting the normal PHCN projects. Similar things are taken place throughout the nation as NIPP is constructing HUNDREDS of Transmission and Distribution lines and substations (some already completed) in virtually every part of the nation- hell even the Military was ordered by the President to install some substation step- up transformers in certain part of the nation recently. All or most of these projects (including the PHCN ones) not finished are expected to be completed in 2013.

Just as I asked you on a different thread: how was it that when Yar'adua generated a high of 3800MW some years ago, the Entire System collapsed in just 2 DAYS to below 2000MW and fluctuated in that range for a long time WHILST the same system was able to wheel 4000MW-4300MW from July-late Sept this year before partially 'collapsing' to as low as 3200MW-3500MW from that time till late Nov-present where it is again wheeling 4200MW-4500MW? what changed? Or you think it just happened??

I mean to argue that even if all these projects are completed, there would still be serious need for continuous investments and upgrades in the Transmission (especially) and Distribution Infrastructure cos the resulting system would still not be able to continuously wheeled more than 6000-7000MW successfully, is a different argument; but to say nothing has been done Or worst still, that nothing is been done is...... *smh*

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/ndphc-commissions-four-injection-sub-stations-in-lagos/

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105345:nipp-delivers-new-power-projects-boosts-supply-to-lagos&catid=94:energy-report&Itemid=592

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211210650.html

http://www.nidelpower.com/main/index.php

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Revolva(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
I don't see anything to celebrate about electricity in naija
When I knoe even if I enjoy a 2days non stop light they will replace it with another 4days of darkness -na today!!!!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by taharqa: 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Omo-Tier, you need to Read this :

http://www.nigeriaelectricityprivatisation.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/03/Roadmap-for-Power-Sector-Reform-Full-Version

You really need to get yourself acquitted with the kind of METICULOUS work that has gone into reforming the Nigeria power sector in the last 2 years or so. This 'converted' me into believing and supporting the GEJ admin at the time I read it in July/Aug.

By the way, in that other thread yesterday, you say (actually ASSERTED) that GEJ had not built a single Power plant, has not built a single Transmission and Distribution Line, ha not built any gas plants and has not given approval and support to State government to distribute their own electricity themselves. I DIDNT RESPOND TO YOU cos I honestly didnt know where to start from....
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by larride(m): 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Power has improved in Nigeria but I'm I not living in Nigeria, in my area around Ojodu Berger, Lagos, we haven't seen just a blink of light for over 2weeks now, normally we used to ration it, 6 - 7hrs per day but now nothing, even along the lagos-ibadan expressway (Ibafo) I haven't seen light for over a month. So I'm asking, are these area no more part of Nigeria since power has improved but here its still same old same.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by joseph1832(m): 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
@everyone If you know that since GEJ became President of the Federeal Republic of Nigeria, PHCN or NEPA or TCN or whatever they call them these days have never taken your light please indicate or tell me where you live so I can move to your area.

Why should we settle for less when we can have the best! That's how the cloud our minds with minute performances and expect us to roll over and thank them for a job they are not doing well...

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by ogb5(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
In my area the power went out once for 2 hours. That was six months ago. I called the power guys and it was a tripped circuit in my house that was the problem.

Before you start wondering where the hell is that, note its not in Nigeria.

Look on the list in the link below, it shows where Nigeria stand with respect to electricity consumption per capital.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.USE.ELEC.KH.PC

Nigeria uses 136kwh per capital while common Zimbabwe uses 1022kwh per capital. compare Nigeria to little Netherlands with a population of 16million, they used 7010 kwa per person in 2010.

On electricity usage, Nigeria ranks with such countries as Myanmar (131 kwh/capital) and Sudan (141kwh/capital). Those are people we are competing with.

Globally the countries we are better than, as listed by the world bank, are:

Haiti (24 KWH)
myanmar (131 KWH)
Dem Rep. of Congo (95 KWH)
Ethiopia (54 KWH)
Eritrea (52 KWH)
Haiti (24 KWH)
Nepal (93 KWH)
tanzania (78KWH)

So before anyone collect chicken change from their stupid politician friends and come to NL to say Electricity is improving they should compared the amount of electricity available to Nigerians and that available to citizens of other nations.

a minimum of 10 fold increase in electricity generation will need to be provided before we see any real and lasting improvement.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Abrantie: 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Where I reside, as I write this text, we've had 48hrs constant public power supply, no blink. Before this time we been having 18 to 20hrs daily average power supply.
Only recently, the power ministry officials and the transmission company of Nig confirmed the country attained a new power generation peak of about 4,500MW.
This is not eldorado but are definitely positive signs that the reforms in the power sector are yielding fruit.
We expect that 2013 will definitely be better as the new private owners of the PHCN successor companies take over.

Hahaha... 48 hrs continuous power supply in Nigeria and it makes front page. How sad! Y'all sweatin' big time in the Giant of Africa... lol grin
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Abrantie: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
Idokojimmy: Everything block for fridge. The holiday was spent on seasonal films. I hope this continues.

E be like say oboi never see ice block before..lol. Come Ghana, we get ice cubes the size of GEJ's mansions.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by joseph1832(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
ogb5: In my area the power went out once for 2 hours. That was six months ago. I called the power guys and it was a tripped circuit in my house that was the problem.

Before you start wondering where the hell is that, note its not in Nigeria.

Look on the list in the link below, it shows where Nigeria stand with respect to electricity consumption per capital.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.USE.ELEC.KH.PC

Nigeria uses 136kwh per capital while common Zimbabwe uses 1022kwh per capital. compare Nigeria to little Netherlands with a population of 16million, they used 7010 kwa per person in 2010.

On electricity usage, Nigeria ranks with such countries as Myanmar (131 kwh/capital) and Sudan (141kwh/capital). Those are people we are competing with.

Globally the countries we are better than, as listed by the world bank, are:

Haiti (24 KWH)
myanmar (131 KWH)
Dem Rep. of Congo (95 KWH)
Ethiopia (54 KWH)
Eritrea (52 KWH)
Haiti (24 KWH)
Nepal (93 KWH)
tanzania (78KWH)

So before anyone collect chicken change from their stupid politician friends and come to NL to say Electricity is improving they should compared the amount of electricity available to Nigerians and that available to citizens of other nations.

a minimum of 10 fold increase in electricity generation will need to be provided before we see any real and lasting improvement.

Bros you are mouthed!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
25th dec was the last time we saw lite in my area*folds arms and frowns*i hope it wnt be a dark newyear.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
taharqa:

Its always astonishing (and annoying n a funny way) when I see peeps making ASSERTIONS in public with every sense of authority when they are so WRONG! It astonishes me EVERY TIME.

Not less than 17 NIPP Transmission and Distribution lines and substations have been completed in LAGOS alone THIS YEAR as at November out of 57 such ongoing projects, and this is not even counting the normal PHCN projects. Similar things are taken place throughout the nation as NIPP is constructing HUNDREDS of Transmission and Distribution lines and substations (some already completed) in virtually every part of the nation- hell even the Military was ordered by the President to install some substation step- up transformers in certain part of the nation recently. All or most of these projects (including the PHCN ones) not finished are expected to be completed in 2013.

Just as I asked you on a different thread: how was it that when Yar'adua generated a high of 3800MW some years ago, the Entire System collapsed in just 2 DAYS to below 2000MW and fluctuated in that range for a long time WHILST the same system was able to wheel 4000MW-4300MW from July-late Sept this year before partially 'collapsing' to as low as 3200MW-3500MW from that time till late Nov-present where it is again wheeling 4200MW-4500MW? what changed? Or you think it just happened??

I mean to argue that even if all these projects are completed, there would still be serious need for continuous investments and upgrades in the Transmission (especially) and Distribution Infrastructure cos the resulting system would still not be able to continuously wheeled more than 6000-7000MW successfully, is a different argument; but to say nothing has been done Or worst still, that nothing is been done is...... *smh*

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/ndphc-commissions-four-injection-sub-stations-in-lagos/

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105345:nipp-delivers-new-power-projects-boosts-supply-to-lagos&catid=94:energy-report&Itemid=592

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211210650.html

http://www.nidelpower.com/main/index.php

You come across as a truly brain washed Nigerian! A simple question I want you to answer is this: If all that has been achieved as claimed by you and your PDP sponsored papers, why are Nigerians not seeing the difference? I told you before, the fact that the larger percentage of those that have responded to your claims disagree with you proves that you are not telling the truth!

Ask many Nigerians, how many of them have seen PHCN staff effecting repairs to those saggy cables, burnt out transformers in their neighborhood The sub injection stations you mentioned are INJECTION sub stations not Distribution Sub Stations that serves the local transformers in your neighborhood.

I told you on the other thread that the difference between what happened during Yar'dua time when the grid collapsed is "load shedding" bitter lessons not necessarily that Nigeria now has a 'SMART GRID' in place! I remember watching a documentary on Nigeria's transmission networks and I shook my head in disbelieve that engineers were using walkie talking to ring their counter part at other stations miles away to inform them of the surge coming their way. I watched QUEST channel on SKY UK few days on ago and I was amazed how american power distribution was being controlled but one huge center and how at peak demand times engineers were drawing lines on the screen to move 'energy' from one part of the US to another! I was so impressed that they send remote signals to injection stations to kick start or short down different turbines miles away!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210030784.html ...ENJOY!

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by plendil: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Well I must confess in my area there has been major improvements.

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Abrantie:

Hahaha... 48 hrs continuous power supply in Nigeria and it makes front page. How sad! Y'all sweatin' big time in the Giant of Africa... lol grin
Abrantie, continue to wallow in deceit. We Nigerians are confronting our challenges and ensuring that we get the best from our government you are here spewing rubbish about the country. Ghana we know does not enjoy the constant power lies you guy spew on different fora on the web.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/12/ghanas-president-visits-jonathan/
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by anonimi: 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Which level of government is the equivalent of Council (the one dropping leaflets) in Nigera:

a) Federal
b) State
c) Local government

Let everyone continue focusing on fisherman Jona and shouting clueless this, clueless that.
Very soon it will be clear that [size=14pt]Jona is only the least clueless leading a bunch of more clueless 160m fumblers aka Nigerian citizens.[/size]
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 12:15am On Dec 29, 2012
anonimi:

Which level of government is the equivalent of Council (the one dropping leaflets) in Nigera:

a) Federal
b) State
c) Local government

Let everyone continue focusing on fisherman Jona and shouting clueless this, clueless that.
Very soon it will be clear that [size=14pt]Jona is only the least clueless leading a bunch of more clueless 160m fumblers aka Nigerian citizens.[/size]
FYI, in England, there are no state governments, Okay! Things are done along national interest coupled with party ideology. It was become the Central government in 10 Downing street put in place a good and efficient policy that is why council were able to respond the way the did!

But sorry to burst your bubble, that was not the emphasis I wanted rather it is the fact that even though they had a power cut, the distribution company were on hand to rectify the situation and were able to tell when power would be expected back in the affected streets and that helped the council to plan effective and respond to those that maybe in distress.

Go tell GEJ to get the PHCN, TCN and all DISCOs to a standard that can guarantee Nigerians constant power supply and good customer services!
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by wonda26(m): 12:15am On Dec 29, 2012
I'm thinking of selling †ђe diesel bought for †ђe power plant by my family for †ђe festivities cheesy cheesy
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Abrantie: 12:28am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Abrantie, continue to wallow in deceit. We Nigerians are confronting our challenges and ensuring that we get the best from our government you are here spewing rubbish about the country. Ghana we know does not enjoy the constant power lies you guy spew on different fora on the web.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/12/ghanas-president-visits-jonathan/

Did you read the article?

Our president visited your president on his way to Equatorial Guinea. While in Nigeria, he said "Hey GEJ, your gas pipeline is broken and we are not getting the gas we paid for. Better make sure it's fixed soon!".

So what's your point again? Is Nigeria not into oil and gas sales any more?
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 12:32am On Dec 29, 2012
Abrantie:

Did you read the article?

Our president visited your president on his way to Equatorial Guinea. While in Nigeria, he said "Hey GEJ, your gas pipeline is broken and we are not getting the gas we paid for. Better make sure it's fixed soon!".

So what's your point again? Is Nigeria not into oil and gas sales any more?
Haha let me highlight it for you ...

Briefing state house correspondents after the meeting, the Ghanaian President said while on his way to Equatorial Guinea for the Conference of African Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States meeting, he decided to call on the Nigerian President to pay respect to President Jonathan considering the relations between Ghana and Nigeria.

#justsaying
#gaynians_mind_your_own_business
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1: Oh dear, see what Nigeria have been reduced to! Some seeing light for 16hrs a day are singing things are getting better I remember visiting a friend in New Castle few weeks ago, in the morning the light went off during to a house fire. There was no electricity for four hours.

Stop foolishly comparing Nigeria to Britain. The latter is a developed country and the former, a developing country. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by anonimi: 12:45am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Go tell GEJ to get the PHCN, TCN and all DISCOs to a standard that can guarantee Nigerians constant power supply and good customer services!

How about advising me to tell my NASS representaTHIEF and SINator to raise the matter in the legislative house?
Don't you think that is more sensible

#Just Saying
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Ikwerefistson: 12:58am On Dec 29, 2012
taharqa: Na rain. The rain is too much, so the dams are working at full capacity. Let the rain stop first, lol grin ....
pls dnt tel me ur chating frm d north pole b4 u tok say na snow.enemy of progres.guys we re havng 20hs of lite in my area
Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by OmoTier1(m): 12:58am On Dec 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Stop foolishly comparing Nigeria to Britain. The latter is a developed country and the former, a developing country. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Then Stop foolish expecting a better life because only those in DEVELOPED country ought to enjoy it! This is one of the most silly comments I have read on NL in 2012. Do you think if these developed countries do not maintain the high standard they have set for themselves they will not become a third world country?

Why do people like you prefer to do things below par and expect same results as the West or those in the far EAST?

1 Like

Re: Public Power Supply Continues To Improve by Ikwerefistson: 1:00am On Dec 29, 2012
badlucky: I will score GEJ high on power. These days PHCN boys the behave themselves. If we can have achieved this in 2013, even before the completion of the privatization exercise, then the power situation can only get better. GEJ is on point here. We hope that he extends such efforts to other sectors
nd yet u kal hm a slowpoke,reterden,clueles.any way una go confes one by one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters' Website Under Attack / People View Imo State Women As Mostly Prostitutes- Sisters Circle Nigeria / APC Accuses Ortom Of Using Livestock Guard For Attacks In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.