Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,615 members, 7,770,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:20 PM

Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments (24988 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by fkaz(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
LAGOS (AFP) – Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo has lashed out at Peter Odemwingie for being disrespectful after the West Bromwich Albion striker said the country does not have a team leader.

Odemwingie said via Twitter that recent Eagles captains have only looked out only for themselves and so the team lack a leader.

Yobo has now hit back at his national teammate, who was sensationally dropped from the squad for next month’s Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa

“Osaze has been reckless, disrespectful to most people. He’s not a kid, he should grow up because we cannot continue to baby sit him. He is responsible for his problems,” Yobo told Lagos radio Brila FM on Friday.

“This is not the first time he has been disrespectful. He is fighting all the coaches and at the World Cup he also disrespected me and he later apologised.

“He is not the (Lionel) Messi or (Cristiano) Ronaldo of Nigeria. He should look himself in the mirror.”

The Fenerbache star gave credit to coach Stephen Keshi for the provisional squad he picked for the AFCON, while admitting that he was surprised Obafemi Martins, Osaze, Taye Taiwo and Kalu Uche were not considered.

“I will give him credit for the squad. He will score 95 percent even though one or two should have been there,” said the former Everton defender.

“I’m sure he would have had some sleepless nights in selecting his team. Kalu Uche, Martins, Taye and Osaze not being there was a surprise but the coach must have his reasons and he cannot call everybody.”

Yobo also admitted that at 32 this is most likely his last AFCON.

“I think I have to admit it that this may be my last Nations Cup. We have to allow younger players to get their chance,” said the central defender, who has featured in five Nations Cups.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/twitter-war-yobo-hits-back-at-odemwingie/

5 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ndala(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
Football beef don start part 1 grin sha na me be first to comment haterz kiss ma ass

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by YemiUnltd: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
embarassedLame!

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Justicemy: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
na dem sabi
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by gandkiss: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
3rd to comment
na dem sabi
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Abujafood: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yobo tolded Osaze Very well! He didn't understood maturity yet!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by brixton: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
i thot Kalu Uche was in the provisionl list?? Somebodi correct me pls
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by profola2be(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Osazie is just too immature for my liking.
He need to grow up,honestly.
He's got the best advice from Yobo.
Must Osazie fight all the Nigeria Team coaches that coached him?
He fought Lass Lagerback of Lagerfront ni,he fought Amodu Shaibu,this same Osazie fought Samson Siasia,and now,Stephen Keshi!
This is a testimony that,for Osazie to have fought most of these coaches,definitely,it is he(Osazie) that has problem,a serious problem for that matter.
Na him be the first HALF CAST wey go play for Nigeria team wey him Wahala come too much like this?
An AVERAGE player,trying to make himself a KING!

18 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lol, Osaze is our Messi and Ronaldo. He plays for Nigeria like those boys that play in very small local teams, hoping they would get noticed by a scout. If only they could all play like that instead you see players playing to ensure they do not get injured in a national match.

10 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Navalsadiq(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
this guyz should leave the scene of our national team abeg.they are bunch of bad luck.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Dmantle: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
na wah oh....Captain abeg forgivam
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by chux4liv(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
HURRRAYYY !!! 8th to comment.... Naija soccer don tire me....
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Libkid(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
3rd to comment.yobo u are on point jor.dat osaze of a guy really need some advice 4rm professional footballer lyk u
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by crisycent: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
See who is asking Osazee to grow up.....Yobo, you are very aware that you have lost form and that this keshi of a coach has no record. I know eagles will not go beyond the 2nd round, that is if they ever go past the 1st round. Osaze may not be Messi or CR, but he has always played his out heart in Nigerian shirt.

33 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by mazinaija: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yobo shut up. Osaze deserves a place in super chickens. We dey wait for u and Keshi to win AFCON else.....

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by emron1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
osaze should just grow up he's no longer a kid and he is also not our best player again we have better legs now. To fork with divisive figures. God bless nigeria.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yobo 32 shocked shocked shocked I still have hope in football grin grin any whoo. Osaze does not know the first word in Football Politics or PR. You do not get respect by showing off. you earning by being indispensable
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Havilah93(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
i'm waiting for osaze to reply this one.......... angry angry angry angry angry

but wait oooooo, what is danny shittu shocked shocked doing in that list?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Iaz93: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by naturalmikky(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Odemwingie should understand that no player what so ever his quality is bigger than the country. Whatever made Zambia to win the last nations cup without an understandable overrated individuals should serve as a lesson that commitment and tenacity is preferable to skill, lawlessness and disrespect.

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
Kaiii. Yobo don finish osaze o, he is not the messi or ronaldo of Nigeria. I think osaze want us to be pampering him cos his a striker. My Broda no time o, 150m people? Soldier go soldier come. By the time ahmed musa display him self for nations cup who knows dat your wesbrom will prefare him over u o.

5 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Yobo
go to afcon southafrica and bring the trophy, stop all this bla bla bla bla.

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by DANILSA(m): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
ndala: Football beef don start part 1 grin sha na me be first to comment haterz kiss ma ass
DUE TO UR COMMENT WITH THE POWER VESTED ON ME AS A BACKYARD MOD I BAN YOU FROM TAKING FIRST IN THIS FORUM AGAIN tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by BANGASOUP1: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
who is yobo?

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by dreu2fine(m): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
Naija i no say e go b lk dis,eyeama for goal keeper go de laugh dem now

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Welder(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
Make this boys concentrate on the main job i.e. winning the AFCON. This one wey Keshi dey talk say Osaze wants to be the captain (as if its a crime to aspire), an unknown source dey yarn dust about ending his int'l career (like say na crime to talk true) and now Yobo forming nanny as he don baby sit Osaze tire(when he has clear case of incompetency, na only where food dey dis mongloid dey face even at the detriment of the teams welfare).

I don talk my own. You guys berra do well in that tournament as there will be no excuses ooo

3 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
Abujafood: Yobo tolded Osaze Very well! He didn't understood maturity yet!
TOLDED!!! Ye I don die. Na graduate be dis o.

26 Likes

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Rajosh(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
brixton: i thot Kalu Uche was in the provisionl list?? Somebodi correct me pls
nope he isn't on the list.kalu uche the elder brother of ike uche is different from uche kalu another nigerian player. Both kalu uche and uche kalu ply their trade in turkey. Kalu uche plays for kasimpasa while uche kalu plays for a club whose name i can't remember but that club is in the second tier. But i don't realy know if uche kalu was called as well.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by yomalex(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Just bring the cup.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ndala(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
DANILSA:
DUE TO UR COMMENT WITH THE POWER VESTED ON ME AS A BACKYARD MOD I BAN YOU FROM TAKING FIRST IN THIS FORUM AGAIN tongue tongue tongue
tongue
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by profola2be(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
crisycent: See who is asking Osazee to grow up.....Yobo, you are very aware that you have lost form and that this keshi of a coach has no record. I know eagles will not go beyond the 2nd round, that is if they ever go past the 1st round. Osaze may not be Messi or CR, but he has always played his out heart in Nigerian shirt.
And if the go beyond 2nd,go wound yourself.
I beg comot for road make I pass jare

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Tbillz(m): 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
empty barrelz dey say. . . . . . Talk wif ur legz bunch uf *Yakubus*

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... / Haaland Reveals Bizarre Diet Behind Roaring Start To Man City Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.