Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments (25008 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Cdspencer(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Libkid: 3rd to comment.yobo u are on point jor.dat osaze of a guy really need some advice 4rm professional footballer lyk u

Reta*d! For ur mind u are 3rd to comment. Aturu munshin!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by JamesLucia: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
k2039: gringringringringringrin
chei tolded abi na toad u want call? tolded hahahahahahahaha i don die o my belle want break
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by burningspear(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Name one player in eagles recently that plays his heart out for Nigeria like Osazee? Personally, I think it is a good thing He spoke His mind. How rude and immature it is of Keshi to down select players and do not bother to contact them in the first place?

How many at times do players get abused by their fans when they fail to honour their call up, but Here is a player that is in form, wants to play his heart for His country ( as He always have) yet get excluded for self interest of the coach? Nigeria can not continue to do things the wrong way and expect the right results! NFF ought to know better that these players deserve some respect. They are not tools you use and dump. Surely not Osazee. He may not play at this AFCON, but Keshi should know that Internationally, His image is more damaged by this saga than that of Osazee. You need to listen to sport commentators in England on this issue with corruption bring fingers in Keshi's selection list as possible reasons why seasoned players will be left out by Him in such a tournament like AFCON.

Bro, you mean you don't see IK Uche? You don't see the potentials in Ideye? What about Musa?

Osaze plays in the EPL, so those commentators can say whatever they like. And Martins who has been more fired-up for the AFCON than Osaze, who speaks for him?
In my professional career so far, I have learned that you can have all the skills in the world, but if you lack discipline, if you are the type that brings divisibility in the team, then comes failure quickly. Would Osaze take it cool when he is substituted, like IK Uche does? No! He would grumble and mumble to let us know that he's better and doesn't deserve to be changed.
A coach makes stars out of unknown names. Let's leave Keshi alone to work. If he does well with the local lads, then there comes our special one! Zambia reckoned without a certain unknown Amuneke in the opponents camp at the 1994 AFCON finals! And they paid dearly for it!!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lol that an off-form Yobo who actually disgraced Nigeria at the last WC and the last AFCON qualifier actually is still captain says a lot about our ambitions really

Acecube: what u guys fail to understand is that Nigeria is fast becoming the spain of africa when it comes to talents....
Nigeria the Spain of Africa? Hehehehe pass the dutchie pon the left hand side

Acecube: (when last did osaze score in nations cup self),

Ahem he bailed us out when we could not score against common Mozambique. Last I checked he was our best player at that tournament.

Acecube:
what differentiated him then was his passion, apart from that osaze is an AVERAGE player.
Average player but better than what we have at the moment!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
A-40:
Lol that an off-form Yobo who actually disgraced Nigeria at the last WC and the last AFCON qualifier actually is still captain says a lot about our ambitions really

Ahem he bailed us out when we could not score against common Mozambique. Last I checked he was our best player at that tournament.

Better than who? And how?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by iammodel(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
uihebom: TOLDED!!! Ye I don die. Na graduate be dis o.
You must have seen his cert. So which institution did he graduate from?
Is everybody on NL graduate?

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
A-40:

i disagree, he's not our best player and no. Infact when last did he play for us? The last time we played, we lost and most of the blame went to him for deliberately sqandering pure chances.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sirtyler: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] osaze no fit make a difference in that team. He had his chances only to take am querrel with teammates and coaches. Now make him go shut up and watch home base do wetin him no fit do.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by macnwaobi: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
What do u know about nigerian football?is yobo not right?why must it be him always?
crisycent: See who is asking Osazee to grow up.....Yobo, you are very aware that you have lost form and that this keshi of a coach has no record. I know eagles will not go beyond the 2nd round, that is if they ever go past the 1st round. Osaze may not be Messi or CR, but he has always played his out heart in Nigerian shirt.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by OmoTier1(m): 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
burning_spear:

Bro, you mean you don't see IK Uche? You don't see the potentials in Ideye? What about Musa?

Osaze plays in the EPL, so those commentators can say whatever they like. And Martins who has been more fired-up for the AFCON than Osaze, who speaks for him?
In my professional career so far, I have learned that you can have all the skills in the world, but if you lack discipline, if you are the type that brings divisibility in the team, then comes failure quickly. Would Osaze take it cool when he is substituted, like IK Uche does? No! He would grumble and mumble to let us know that he's better and doesn't deserve to be changed.
A coach makes stars out of unknown names. Let's leave Keshi alone to work. If he does well with the local lads, then there comes our special one! Zambia reckoned without a certain unknown Amuneke in the opponents camp at the 1994 AFCON finals! And they paid dearly for it!!

When will you guys learn that the rest of the world does not live by Nigeria's calender and ways of thinking You do not experiment in a major championship/tournament. You bring your best to the party and groove it out! Ideye is not a player you can compare to Osazee. Musa is good on the flanks but He is not a striker I would see in front of the post and my mouth will open...goaaaalll okay!

Like I said previously, Osazee might have issues, but that is what the backroom staff are paid for not trolling camps
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
honeric01:

i disagree, he's not our best player and no. Infact when last did he play for us? The last time we played, we lost and most of the blame went to him for deliberately sqandering pure chances.
Who are the players better than him? Emenike? Ideye? What have those ones done for the SE? Or is it Ameobi you want to compare to Osaze? Ahmed Musa? Please don't make me laugh What have you seen from this bunch that is a significant upgrade from Osaze? How can a player deliberately squander chances? Haha even IK Uche wastes chances! More than Osaze sef so what gives?

One ret@rd called Rossikk abi whatever he calls himself actually claimed I was backing Osaze because he was a mulatto! Haha Holy Edumare!! What a simp! Based on that logic I was probably mad when Abbey George got dropped too
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by noskybanj(m): 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
profola2be: Osazie is just too immature for my liking.
He need to grow up,honestly.
He's got the best advice from Yobo.
Must Osazie fight all the Nigeria Team coaches that coached him?
He fought Lass Lagerback of Lagerfront ni,he fought Amodu Shaibu,this same Osazie fought Samson Siasia,and now,Stephen Keshi!
This is a testimony that,for Osazie to have fought most of these coaches,definitely,it is he(Osazie) that has problem,a serious problem for that matter.
Na him be the first HALF CAST wey go play for Nigeria team wey him Wahala come too much like this?
An AVERAGE player,trying to make himself a KING!
Taaaaa, what r u saying? Osaze Is d best forward we av aside Uche nd he was dropped. Wen Keshi came in he said only d best will play. Now dey av strtd politics nd r making him d bad guy. Dat guy na 9ja messi if u must knw.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 12:05am On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

Who are the players better than him? Emenike? Ideye? What have those ones done for the SE? Or is it Ameobi you want to compare to Osaze? Ahmed Musa? Please don't make me laugh What have you seen from this bunch that is a significant upgrade from Osaze? How can a player deliberately squander chances? Haha even IK Uche wastes chances! More than Osaze sef so what gives?

One ret@rd called Rossikk abi whatever he calls himself actually claimed I was backing Osaze because he was a mulatto! Haha Holy Edumare!! What a simp! Based on that logic I was probably mad when Abbey George got dropped too

most of those picked are better than him on current form, if you doubt me, then ask his west brom's coach why osaze's being benched.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

Yes, and that's why IK has more goals than Odemwingie. Mtchewwwww
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2012
noskybanj: Taaaaa, what r u saying? Osaze Is d best forward we av aside Uche nd he was dropped. Wen Keshi came in he said only d best will play. Now dey av strtd politics nd r making him d bad guy. Dat guy na 9ja messi if u must knw.

when last did osas play for the eagles?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by OmoTier1(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2012
honeric01:

most of those picked are better than him on current form, if you doubt me, then ask his west brom's coach why osaze's being benched.
Did you watch West-Brom games for real For a player who recovered from injuries largely last season, He has not done too badly this season either but I know He can still do more! See stats for yourself.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/leistungsdaten/spieler_12516.html
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by OmoTier1(m): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994:

Your point maybe invalid by this Stats;

Osazee: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/leistungsdaten/spieler_12516.html

Ike Uche : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ikechukwu-uche/leistungsdaten/spieler_44027.html

Given that Ike Uche has played more games and minutes on the pitch than Osazee, then theres much to desire from Ike than Osazee.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

The match against guinea wasn't His fault. Blame NFF.

No. It WAS his fault if as is very likely, he deliberately missed scoring chances in order to get back at his coach. We KNOW him to be very vindictive and malicious.

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 12:44am On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994:

Yeah but someone said Osaze squanders chances. IK squanders em too if not more

honeric01:

Really? Osaze has played 15 games and scored 4 goals not a bad return unless you are trying to compare the Russian league,Turkish league e.t.c to the EPL. He has also got sent off which disrupted his rhythm.
For those asking how well Osaze did in the last Nations Cup nigeria qualified for well he made team of the tournament
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 12:48am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Your point maybe invalid by this Stats;

Osazee: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/leistungsdaten/spieler_12516.html

Ike Uche : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ikechukwu-uche/leistungsdaten/spieler_44027.html

Giving that Ike Uche has played more games and minutes on the pitch than Osazee, then theres much to desire from Ike than Osazee.
No mind am person wey dey Segunda Division
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by OmoTier1(m): 12:54am On Dec 29, 2012
ROSSIKE:

No. It WAS his fault if as is very likely, he deliberately missed scoring chances in order to get back at his coach. We KNOW him to be very vindictive and malicious.
Rossik with all due respect, I think you know too well that it will be stupid to think a player on the pitch running 90mins will intentionally miss chances upon chances upon chances just to get at His coach

Do you not know that the striker transfer market values whittles down with less chances taken in every game? And that these strikers are very much aware of that? Dude, lets be real here, sentiments apart. The NFF cost Nigeria her place in the last nations cup and they will cost Her again the 1/4 finals at this AFCON
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by mortee: 1:11am On Dec 29, 2012
BANGA SOUP: who is yobo?

But do you know Osaze?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by balladin: 1:12am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
I hope you know He was an outright wooser in that world cup Togo gave Him the boot soonest. I still maintain it is foolhardy to not take your best player to a tournament just because of some silly personal issues!

The man Balloteli is an example of how you deal with talents who may have disruptive behaviours.

Osaze, best player? Bros think again.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by OmoTier1(m): 1:18am On Dec 29, 2012
balladin:

Osaze, best player? Bros think again.
Stats speaks for itself.. like someone once said, its like a bikin, the more you look the more you see. Dude go do you own digging and tell me which other players are better!

Musa: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ahmed-musa/leistungsdaten/spieler_168337.html

Osazee : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/leistungsdaten/spieler_12516.html

Ike : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ikechukwu-uche/leistungsdaten/spieler_44027.html

Ideye :http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/brown-ideye/leistungsdaten/spieler_64308.html

Factor in all their playing times, you would know which striker is the best of the lots.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by balladin: 1:18am On Dec 29, 2012
noskybanj: Taaaaa, what r u saying? Osaze Is d best forward we av aside Uche nd he was dropped. Wen Keshi came in he said only d best will play. Now dey av strtd politics nd r making him d bad guy. Dat guy na 9ja messi if u must knw.
Story. Messi ko, messi ni.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by balladin: 1:34am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Stats speaks for itself.. like someone once said, its like a bikin, the more you look the more you see. Dude go do you own digging and tell me which other players are better!

Musa: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ahmed-musa/leistungsdaten/spieler_168337.html

Osazee : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/leistungsdaten/spieler_12516.html

Ike : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ikechukwu-uche/leistungsdaten/spieler_44027.html

Ideye :http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/brown-ideye/leistungsdaten/spieler_64308.html

Factor in all their playing times, you would know which striker is the best of the lots.
Statistics are just records for your info. I won't bother myself with them cos they keep changing and who says they have a bearing on the present. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ trash statistics, they actually count for nothing. Records are set and broken everyday. It removes nothing from the fact that Osaze is merely average.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by OmoTier1(m): 1:44am On Dec 29, 2012
balladin:
Statistics are just records for your info. I won't bother myself with them cos they keep changing and who says they have a bearing on the present. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ trash statistics, they actually count for nothing. Records are set and broken everyday. It removes nothing from the fact that Osaze is merely average.
cheesy ..see black man... when confronted with the truth.. they make reference to the future! Get real, face it.. the stats are telling you who these players and what they do on the pitch not what your sentiments wants you to believe.

You know sometimes its bitter to take the truth in especially when you believe the contrary...Ndo.. manage to accept it bro.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by balladin: 1:58am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
cheesy ..see black man... when confronted with the truth.. they make reference to the future! Get real, face it.. the stats are telling you who these players and what they do on the pitch not what your sentiments wants you to believe.

You know sometimes its bitter to take the truth in especially when you believe the contrary...Ndo.. manage to accept it bro.
You think I bothered to look at your statistics? You should reason at a higher level. Just for your information, don't base your expectations on statistics, there's always a chance they could fail. if you chicken out just because the stats don't favour you, then you just lost without even trying. Ok? Stats stopped working a long time, moreso in football. That Osaze enjoys all the stats doesn't mean he'll deliver any better than the new boys. Remember stats belong to the past.

1 Like

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 2:26am On Dec 29, 2012
burning_spear:

I'm sorry if I made it sound so. But did you watch that match? Just before the last two goals came? Kanu was already feeling the holes in his poor heart, even though he never knew what it was. But he was ready to die on that Atlanta pitch for our nation. Watch that match again!

Remember USA 94? Ikpeba was dropped (Klinsman, his strike partner in Monaco was shocked!). Kanu, who was doing fine at Ajax then, was also not taken. But in 1996? They won Gold in Olympics!

In 1994 he only made 6 substitution for Ajax, and if that was enough for him to get on the plane for US then your wrong. The hole in the heart was detected by the Inter Milan medical staff, he had no knowledge of it.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 2:39am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Musa - CSKA Moscow play in a league that made Scottish league look like Serie A

Osaze - plays for one of the smallest teams in one of the strongest league and still hold his own as a winger

Ike - Plays for Villarreal B team in the B league (please stop celebrating mediocre performance)

Ideye - Plays as a striker for the Kiev so he is bound to score more goals than wingers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hope Uzodimma Receives Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... / Messi Facing Possible Two Year Ban For CONMEBOL Corruption Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.