Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! (1879 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / To All Atheists. Once And For All.. / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
2012 was a great year for Nairaland's religion section but we must now look forward to this coming year of 2013.

First off, I want to address the issue of the 2012 election. I am not sad that I lost the elections, infact I am motivated to come stronger and harder next year. We atheists should never look at the elections as a loss. It was always going to be difficult to win with the numbers of christians on this board. However, we can see some promising things about the elections;

-I, an atheist won the nominations round by a landslide--Sending some christians into shock
-I was winning the early votes---sending some christians into campaign mode
-Some christians even voted for me.
-I lost by about ten votes.

What we can take from this is that if the numbers of christians and atheists were evenly split, I would have won by a landslide with about 40% of the christian vote and 99% of the non-christian vote (atheists, agnostics, pagans, muslims).

We should look at this for call to do better next year. We need more atheists contestants for the religious poster of the year! Imagine if all three candidates were atheists!!!!

The solutions ia simple
-more vocal atheists = more people understanding atheism = more disbelievers = more votes for atheists/disbelievers!

I want to thank everyone who supported me despite my nonchalant attitude at times. Thank you!
===============================================================================

[size=18pt]

Agenda for 2013
[/size]

We atheists are gaining ground on Nairaland but the buck doesnt stop there as attacks on atheists and non-believers are growing proportionally as well due to a religious fear/reaction. I myself need to improve and also does every other atheist. Everyone can be better. There are three actions we need to take are

-being more organised
-being problem solvers and not only critics of religion
-being less apathetic towards bigotry and ignorance

Being more organised

We need to have more "atheist only" threads and also meet one another in real life. We are not just only atheists on nairaland, we are atheists in real life as well. We are not atheists for fun or just to enjoy mocking religious Nigerians on Nairaland.

"Christian only" threads span across 18 pages discussing bible or christian issues. We too can have our own discussions that could help people understand atheism or disbelief. Even Pagan-Naija is starting threads where he is focusing on his pagan stuff only for people to learn.

-We can have a thread for all the best atheist arguments against religion/god. That would be an infinite thread ranging from the pink unicorn to freewill to the benefits of secularism
-We can have threads focusing strhow to raise children without religion/god and how atheist parents have suceeded. We share parenting tips. (my parents want me to get married). Atheist marriage seems also to be a hot topic.

We also need to meet one another for those in the same countries. Communicating by text is limited. Just from meeting Anony in person, I have learnt new ways to push my points across to religious folks. Imagine what we could learn from each other. We could pass along strategies that we dont want some religious hater on Nairaland to see!! cheesy

Being problem solvers

My father always tells me that "no one builds a statue for a critic". We atheist should also create solutions to religious bigotry and excesses in addition to criticizing it. Criticising is easy. I can do it from my couch. Solving problems is more difficult and more rewarding.

We can help other atheists in need or stop religious nonsense if we can. When I go back to Nigeria, I am going to personally start a silent strategy of educating people about the problems with religion. I also have created a website that would help inform Nigerians about atheism in a positive manner.

We should also live our lives as good people that people can see that one can be good without god.

Being less apathetic to religious bigotry/nonsense

There is nothing more than I hate than people keeping quiet towards evil. You know something bad is happening and you can stop it but you let it happen. There is no difference between you and a non-existent God that we know of.

A practical example is the tithe preaching threads. Every tithe preaching thread we debunk educates a religious soul on the dangers of trapping oneself in such double taxation. It was the internet that saved me from religious nonsense and we should keep on the good fight for common sense and rationality.

NOTE; I AM NOT AN ATHEIST LEADER OR CLAIMING TO BE A SPECIAL PERSON THAT KNOWS ALL THE ANSWERS, I AM JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU. ANYONE CAN WRITE WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN. I AM MERELY PUTTING FORWARD IDEAS TO MAKE MY COUNTRY A LESS RELIGIOUSLY BIGOTED PLACE AND NAIRALAND IS THE LOGICAL PLACE TO START. I AM NOT FOR THE BANISHMENT OF RELIGION BUT FOR A SECULAR STATE WHERE RELIGION HAS ZERO CONTROL OVER PUBLIC AFFAIRS.

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by AtheistD(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
I thought you did well.

I thought Obadiah, anony and frosbel would have been above you but you surpassed them.

In regards to 2013 agenda, i have no plans. As I am not a politician I will be free with my debates and criticisms. I am hoping no one deems me fit to build a statue or monument for. Once I become saddled with that burden then I am truly screwed shocked
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
Atheist:-D:
I thought you did well.

I thought Obadiah, anony and frosbel would have been above you but you surpassed them.

In regards to 2013 agenda, i have no plans. As I am not a politician I will be free with my debates and criticisms. I am hoping no one deems me fit to build a statue or monument for. Once I become saddled with that burden then I am truly screwed shocked

Thank you!

However, the 2013 agenda is not for politics. Read it again. It is for us to better people and create solutions to religious nonsense
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by UyiIredia(m): 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Trust me next year I will have time to reply and rebuff you.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Trust me next year I will have time to reply and rebuff you.

Bring it on wink
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by AtheistD(m): 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Thank you!

However, the 2013 agenda is not for politics. Read it again. It is for us to better people and create solutions to religious nonsense

I think we are doing a good job as it is. If you want us to share literature etc so we can all debate certain areas then yes.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Atheist:-D:

I think we are doing a good job as it is. If you want us to share literature etc so we can all debate certain areas then yes.

We are doing a good job but we can do better
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by manmustwac(m): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
I got a PM from Nairaland Headquarters telling me to end the voting (which was originally supposed to run until the 1st of January 2013) in about 24 hours. I called Mukina and told her that 24 hours was to short notice to end the election, she agreed, allowing me to extend the election for another 72 hours to give more people time to vote. And it was during the last 48 hours of those 72 hours that the team Goshen campaign group really sprung into action. Now thinking back if i had ended the election within 24 hours like i was originally told you would've won the election by one or two votes. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
manmustwac: I got a PM from Nairaland Headquarters telling me to end the voting (which was originally supposed to run until the 1st of January 2013) in about 24 hours. I called Mukina and told her that 24 hours was to short notice to end the election, she agreed, allowing me to extend the election for another 72 hours to give more people time to vote. And it was during the last 48 hours of those 72 hours that the team Goshen campaign group really sprung into action. Now thinking back if i had ended the election within 24 hours like i was originally told you would've won the election by one or two votes. cry cry cry

Yep, I was winning the early vote. It doesnt matter though. You cant enjoy sucess without the taste of failure grin
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by manmustwac(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yep, I was winning the early vote. It doesnt matter though. You cant enjoy sucess without the taste of failure grin
If this same election had taken place last year when we were still using the old Nairaland with secret ballot voting am sure you would've won easily. But with this open voting system where everybody can see who's in the lead it just made things harder for you. I mean the christians were trying all kinds of tricks and stunts just to make sure they win the election. Its like fear of losing or fear of the unknown to them. Imagine someone like OAM4J a mod in the Politics section who i have never ever seen in this section before in my life just coming here to vote to influence who wins in the election. He should've been automatically disqualified from voting angry angry angry
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
manmustwac: If this same election had taken place last year when we were still using the old Nairaland with secret ballot voting am sure you would've won easily. But with this open voting system where everybody can see who's in the lead it just made things harder for you. I mean the christians were trying all kinds of tricks and stunts just to make sure they win the election. Its like fear of losing or fear of the unknown to them. Imagine someone like OAM4J a mod in the Politics section who i have never ever seen in this section before in my life just coming here to vote to influence who wins in the election. He should've been automatically disqualified from voting angry angry angry

OAM4J!! Lmao.....I was also surprised!

Anyway, we all know who the true winner is.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by tobechi20(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
Leson u should learn

we xtian arent as partial as u think. Some xtian actualy voted 4 u but no atheist voted goshen

pride comes b4 a fall.

Be less arrogant dis nex year

team work. GOSHEN suporters workd as a team and even pulld vote from outsiders in romance section

humility and politenes

u argue rudely . Talk llke u know it all.at times insultive. Many posters here had a personal hatred for u more than other atheist. Though u dont say it, you act like MR KNOW ALL.

Gudluck . Hapi new year in advance

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
tobechi20: Leson u should learn

we xtian arent as partial as u think. Some xtian actualy voted 4 u but no atheist voted goshen

pride comes b4 a fall.

team work. GOSHEN suporters workd as a team and even pulld vote from outsiders in romance section

humility and politenes

u argue rudely . Talk llke u know it all.at times insultive. Many posters here had a personal hatred for u more than other atheist. Though u dont say it, you act like MR KNOW ALL.

Wow....just wow

1) Pride comes before a big fall? Does that also apply to Anony who failed to win the elections?

Here is even a quote from me before the elections and lets see if it sounds proud/arrogant;
Logicboy03:

The nominations are enough.

I am happy that people have found my efforts worthy of nomination.You cant offer me anything
https://www.nairaland.com/1121654/goshen360-voted-religion-section-poster/4#13432701

2)Why would an atheist vote for Goshen? Goshen hardly addresses things outside a christian framework. Anony was even the far better candidate. Both Anopny and I discuss and debate accross christianity, atheism and islam. Even some people that voted for Goshen indirectly admitted that I or Anony were the beeter choice if not for numbers.

3) Success always brings haters. Haters like you were there to rejoice when Jesus died, only for christianity to become the largest religion in the world. Haters like you were there when Mandela was in prison.

You cant stop a star from shining. Whether I lose the election or not I have influenced the religion section and popular opinion. Take a look at the most recent threads- a majority of them about disbeleif or questioning religion- an occurence that didnt happen before logicboy.

Call me arrogant, call me militant. The fact remains that my name is being called on a daily basis here not Goshen or Anony. cool

SWAG
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
lol calm down, its an anonymous forum. Its not like winning or losing a poll here has had any impact on your real life has it? grin

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Goshen360(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Okay, lemme step in.

As much as we, Christians appreciate and love logicboy. The truth had been said,

tobechi20: Leson u should learn

pride comes b4 a fall.

humility and politenes

In addition to the above, you need to understand that anything can happen in what is called "election". Our victory is solely of God. Man became our tools. There are strategies adopted and you will need to

Take a lesson from the ants God and Team Goshen, you lazybones logicboy. Learn from their ways and become wise!

cool

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:
2)Why would an atheist vote for Goshen? Goshen hardly addresses things outside a christian framework. Anony was even the far better candidate. Both Anopny and I discuss and debate accross christianity, atheism and islam. Even some people that voted for Goshen indirectly admitted that I or Anony were the beeter choice if not for numbers.

This is even a worse indictment of the atheist. You never address issues within the christian framework... in fact you are openly hostile to christianity and YET many christians still voted for you. I would have voted for you simply because you are more active than Goshen. Outside sheer bigotry and intolerance, why didnt goshen garner a single atheist vote?
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by UyiIredia(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
So no atheist voted for a Christian. Interesting. It shows we Christians have to do more to impress our unbelieving brothers. Don't worry God willing 2013 everybody go sabi me for this section.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

This is even a worse indictment of the atheist. You never address issues within the christian framework... in fact you are openly hostile to christianity and YET many christians still voted for you. I would have voted for you simply because you are more active than Goshen. Outside sheer bigotry and intolerance, why didnt goshen garner a single atheist vote?

Some christians can lie! Gaddem!

I have quoted the bible numerous times, argued scripturally agianst tithes and even used the bible against muslims.

To claim that I have never addressed issues within the christian framework is just foolish angry
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: So no atheist voted for a Christian. Interesting. It shows we Christians have to do more to impress our unbelieving brothers. Don't worry God willing 2013 everybody go sabi me for this section.

Or it could mean that the atheist was ny far the better candidate or that christian was a very bad candidate.

Btw, I think Delafruita or some atheist voted for Anony.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goshen360: Okay, lemme step in.

As much as we, Christians appreciate and love logicboy. The truth had been said,

In addition to the above, you need to understand that anything can happen in what is called "election". Our victory is solely of God. Man became our tools. There are strategies adopted and you will need to

Take a lesson from the ants God and Team Goshen, you lazybones logicboy. Learn from their ways and become wise!

cool

Do you really believe in your heart that you are a better candidate than Anony and I?

God gave you victory abi? Like he did with tithe preacher Joagbaje of last year and Goerge Bush. lolz
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan: lol calm down, its an anonymous forum. Its not like winning or losing a poll here has had any impact on your real life has it? grin

Was I the one making threats against other candidates?

Did I campain in various sections just to win an election?

Point your accusation where it is deserved
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Goshen360(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

Thank my brother Davidylan,

Personally I think logicboy is even taking this issue to far. I was surprise he even mentioned this election of a thing on another. You see, the issue about me is, I don't like to argue for too long with Atheist. I make my points and teachings based on the accuracy of what I have studied over the years and I feed the flock of God. Also, I address issues within the Atheist framework but I step aside when it's becoming a prolonged argument and time wasting.

The truth is, we are all one weather Atheist or Christian or whatever. The fact that we don't engage in too many threads doesn't mean we are weak. I did all I did based on time available to me. It's not all about being active on this board but quality of information and impact one is making.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goshen360:

Thank my brother Davidylan,

Personally I think logicboy is even taking this issue to far. I was surprise he even mentioned this election of a thing on another. You see, the issue about me is, I don't like to argue for too long with Atheist. I make my points and teachings based on the accuracy of what I have studied over the years and I feed the flock of God. Also, I address issues within the Atheist framework but I step aside when it's becoming a prolonged argument and time wasting.

The truth is, we are all one weather Atheist or Christian or whatever. The fact that we don't engage in too many threads doesn't mean we are weak. I did all I did based on time available to me. It's not all about being active on this board but quality of information and impact one is making.

So you are supporting his lie that I never or I hardly discuss christian issues abi?

What was your impact on atheists, muslims and pagans? I am interested. Afterall, this is the religion section
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Goshen360(m): 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Do you really believe in your heart that you are a better candidate than Anony and I?

God gave you victory abi? Like he did with tithe preacher Joagbaje of last year and Goerge Bush. lolz

Na you sabi. As far as we are concerned, this election is over! Abi no be so Mitt Romney first dey lead Obama? Wetin happen wey Obama come "GO FORWARD" pass Romney in between? As long as we, Christians are in the world, we are the light of world........... cool

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Some christians can lie! Gaddem!

I have quoted the bible numerous times, argued scripturally agianst tithes and even used the bible against muslims.

To claim that I have never addressed issues within the christian framework is just foolish angry

obviously you are intellectually just a child.
Addressing issues from a christian framework does not include arguing against it or using it merely as a tool to beat another with. Quoting the bible as an object of ridicule does not help your case either.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goshen360:

Na you sabi. As far as we are concerned, this election is over! Abi no be so Mitt Romney first dey lead Obama? Wetin happen wey Obama come "GO FORWARD" pass Romney in between? As long as we, Christians are in the world, we are the light of world........... cool

I didnt create this thread to argue over elections mind you. You and your christian fellowship came here with accusations and I had to defend myself from lies.

Goodluck with your crown.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Goshen360(m): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

So you are supporting his lie that I never or I hardly discuss christian issues abi?

What was your impact on atheists, muslims and pagans? I am interested. Afterall, this is the religion section

Atheists, Muslims and Pagans love to argue. Christ didn't send us to go argue with the world. This is the religion session but Muslims have theirs. Only Atheists and other religion are left here. The quality of my post was to FEED that flock. Are you part of the flock of God If not, time has come for you to join the church of God!

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sigh... i'm not sure you understand the issue here. Do you "discuss" (more like ridicule/mock) christian issues? Yes. Do you discuss from the christian perspective? No. Those are mutually exclusive issues.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

Addressing issues from a christian framework does not include arguing against it or using it merely as a tool to beat another with. Quoting the bible as an object of ridicule does not help your case either.

Expalining tithes as an old testament to a christian to stop tithing and start focusing on Jesus's message to help the poor like the good samaritan is ridicule?

Your beyond lies and propaganda. You are now flat earth delusional

1 Like

Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goshen360:

Atheists, Muslims and Pagans love to argue. Christ didn't send us to go argue with the world. This is the religion session but Muslims have theirs. Only Atheists and other religion are left here. The quality of my post was to FEED that flock. Are you part of the flock of God If not, time has come for you to join the church of God!

I didnt read past the bold sentence. Bigoted, ignorant and wrong.
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Goshen360(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

Thank you once again. This has been logicboy's event most time in the year. He argues without using his own logic. He thinks he know and yet knows nothing. I'm not judging his circular knowing but I'm talking about the things of God and the bible. I guess he was only busy serving the communion when he was a Christian then..... grin
Re: A Call To Arms For All Atheists! 2012 Elections And 2013 Agenda! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

Sigh... i'm not sure you understand the issue here. Do you "discuss" (more like ridicule/mock) christian issues? Yes. Do you discuss from the christian perspective? No. Those are mutually exclusive issues.

What about tithing and advising people to follow Jesus's message to help the poor rather than tithing?

What about explaining the history of the catholic church and protestanism?

What about explaining the parable of the good samaritan that going to heaven is based not just on faith but mostly by works? The Samaritan did not believe in judasm?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? / Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". / Iran Prophecy "The Coming Is Upon Us" (mahdi) King Abdullah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.