Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge (12947 Views)

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Ifitafrica Weight Loss Challenge. Drop A Dress Size! / First Lady Michelle Obama Looks Fit And Slimmer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
oyinmama: Anybody home?

Hey honey im home! Lol

Hows it going? I'm doing 2 workouts some days focusing on burning 500 cals at least a day and eating 1350 calories.... Day 17 and im still standing :-)

How do we do this bb group? Or whatsapp?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
LOL! well done uju 1;17 days will definitely yield results!!

I'm rounding up day 5 of my warrior's diet today, hope to start exercise Monday which will be day 8 by God's grace!!

Whatsapp group is fine by me, however it may limit participation from peeps. Interacting on NL will give even guests the chance to pick useful tips as well....
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Please people stop damaging your body, going on diets do not work. The rate of failure for forcing your body to lose weight is about 95 percent. The biggest predictor of future weight gain is how many diets you've been on. The more diets you've been on, the more weight you will gain in future, and the more you wreck your metabolism.

Gaining weight is not based on how much you eat,but how out of wack your hormones are, cortisol being one of the hormones that will make you put on weight.

To lose weight, please let your body guide you.

Depending on how messed up your metabolism is, you might get worse initially before healing.

When you stop dieting, at first you might crave easily digestable food like bread, chocolate, coke etc. It is very okay to eat those food as your body is in a compromised state and will not be able to handle whole foods.

you will gain weight at first but after a while your body will stabilize. Depending on how messed up your body is, it might take a few
months to a few years before your body will start releasing fat on its own while eating a lot of calories everyday.

You might eat anywhere from 4000 calories to 10000 calories depending on how active you are. It is all good, you will lose the weight.

Also please stop the exercise, especially chronic cardio until you are fully healed. Your body will let you know when to start
exercising again. When healed, I will recommend lifting heavy weights, maybe 2-3x a week and a little bit of cardio.

Also please stop forcing yourself to drink a lot of water as it will tank your metabolism. While healing do not eat fruits like watermelon,oranges etc, too much water in them. Look for fruits with very little water eg dates etc.

Again, let your body lead you.

Also please no fasting, as your body is already compromised and might lead to lots of health issues like adrenal fatique, thyroid problems etc.

Each time you go on a diet to lose weight, you increase your weight setpoint, so first diet you might get down to 60kg, next diet you might not be
able to get below 65kg, next diet you might not be able to get below 70kg and so on.

Excessive exercise, especially chronic cardio, will also increase your weight setpoint.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
kmcutez: Please people stop damaging your body, going on
diets do not work. The rate of failure for forcing your
body to lose weight is about 95 percent. The biggest
predictor of future weight gain is how many diets
you've been on. The more diets you've been on, the
more weight you will gain in future, and the more
you wreck your metabolism.

Gaining weight is not based on how much you eat,
but how out of wack your hormones are, cortisol
being one of the hormones that will make you put
on weight.

To lose weight, please let your body guide you.

Depending on how messed up your metabolism is,
you might get worse initially before healing.

When you stop dieting, at first you might crave
easily digestable food like bread, chocolate, coke
etc. It is very okay to eat those food as your body is
in a compromised state and will not be able to
handle whole foods.

You will gain weight at first but
after a while your body will stabilize. Depending on
how messed up your body is, it might take a few
months to a few years before your body will start
releasing fat on its own while eating a lot of calories
everyday.

You might eat anywhere from 4000 calories to
10000 calories depending on how active you are. It
is all good, you will lose the weight.

Also please stop the exercise, especially chronic cardio until you are fully
healed. Your body will let you know when to start
exercising again. When healed, I will recommend lifting heavy weights, maybe 2-3x a week and a little bit of cardio.

Also please stop forcing yourself to drink a lot of water as it will tank your metabolism. While healing do not eat fruits like watermelon,
oranges etc, too much water in them. Look for fruits with very little water eg dates etc.

Again, let your body lead you.

Also please no fasting, as your body is already compromised and might lead to lots of health issues like adrenal fatique, thyroid problems etc.

Each time you go on a diet to lose weight, you increase your weight setpoint, so first diet you might get down to 60kg, next diet you might not be
able to get below 65kg, next diet you might not be able to get below 70kg and so on.

Excessive exercise, especially chronic cardio, will also increase your weight setpoint.

Please don't derail our topic , thanks. Eating less is not a diet it is about moderation. Eating less and exercising more is the recommended way to lose weight. As for not drinking water.... try it first and let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
How is everyone doing today? I did a 1hour workout this morning put me in a kind of euphoric mood :-) 11 days till first weigh in.... all my clothes are baggy so very hopeful grin grin
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sorry for derailing your thread, but just wanted to point out that there is a more permanent way to losing the weight. Eating less and exercising more is the recommended way, but it has a failure rate of 95%.

If you still want to continue with the eating less route, then I will recommend you drop the cardio and lift really heavy weights to minimize the damage to your body.

If you are not lifting heavy weights and you are losing weight, what you are probably losing is your lean body mass, glycogen storage etc and very minimal fat.

You might be losing weight but gaining fat. The scale is useless in measuring fat loss.

If you have any of this symptoms, which are, you start developing food allergies, have cold hands or feet, morning temperature is below 98.6, wake up and can't sleep between the hours of 2am - 4am, wake up several times to pee in the night and lots of other symptoms, then you need to reevaluate what you are doing.

Do you not want to have the metabolism of those skinny chicks you see eating huge quantity of food and never get fat? If so, you are going about it the wrong way.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
uju_1: How is everyone doing today? I did a 1hour workout this morning put me in a kind of euphoric mood :-) 11 days till first weigh in.... all my clothes are baggy so very hopeful grin grin

Good for you uju_1, looking forward to your weigh-in!! Will give you feedback on my own 1st week weigh-in tomorrow by God's grace wink
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by simababe(f): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hi yall' presently doing no exercise 4 now cOs drz no chance n presently goin wif portion control 4 now
Max of 400 calories for brkfast
Fruits for lunch
And 1 moimoi for dinner
Stopped drinkin sweet drinks xcept 4 pepsi light like 3ce in a week, its just 1calorie
Plus 15 minz walk a day
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
oyinmama:

Good for you uju_1, looking forward to your weigh-in!! Will give you feedback on my own 1st week weigh-in tomorrow by God's grace wink

Fingers crossed! Good luck girl xx
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 11:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
simababe: Hi yall' presently doing no exercise 4 now cOs drz no chance n presently goin wif portion control 4 now
Max of 400 calories for brkfast
Fruits for lunch
And 1 moimoi for dinner
Stopped drinkin sweet drinks xcept 4 pepsi light like 3ce in a week, its just 1calorie
Plus 15 minz walk a day

Consistency is the key hun... Any positive change will be better than no action at all! You can do it x
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 7:33am On Jan 22, 2013
Wow! Its kinda too early for this thread to be this quiet people!
@post,I didn't get to weigh-in before my trip for my course.

Logs for yesterday, Monday
Breakfast- 2 slices of toast, one boiled egg, one sausage and coffee
Lunch - pepper soup,a piece of roast chicken and fruit salad
Dinner- one apple
Water- 2l

Today,Tuesday
30 mins brisk walk this morning...
Have a good day! smiley smiley
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Good morning people...
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
oyinmama: Good morning people...

Hey love, Hows it going? My new lifestyle is going well. Saturdays I do 2 workouts so been a busy day. Had porridge for breakfast, salad lunch and about to have roasted fish for dinner :-)

My weigh in is on Friday!!!!!!!

How r u? xx
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by ibizgirl(f): 11:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Edmark P4 weight loss program takes off on the 6th of Feb. To be a part of this program in edmark lagos call 08020947894
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
93.2 cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 11:03pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hi uju_1, just checking that you are ok?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
oyinmama: Hi uju_1, just checking that you are ok?

I'm good thanks hun... over 7kg/15lbs lost so very happy :-)

taking each day as it comes and intensifying my workouts.

hows things?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 5:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Wow, that's really cool!! Congrats & keep it up!!
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by babestell(f): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ladies please what happened to this thread? Did all of you suddenly reach your target weight? Please can you guys start communicating again? Please what of the bb or watsapp group, Please I would like to join if its still possible. I am 27 years, weigh 72kg but my target weight is 65kg so i need to loose 7-8kg.My family is well endowed so i don't wanna loose so much that my boobs and ass start to look ridiculous. So please please can everyone start communicating again or at least let me know where the party is grin
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
Lol! It would be fab if we could all suddenly reach our target weights in the twinkling of an eye!!! I've been around and peeping into this thread...uju_1, drop a line if you see this anytime soon.
At babestell, welcome on board! I have lost 7.8kg thus far, I weighed in at 87.2 kg this morning. Its been mostly making healthier food choices, calories watching and portion control. I need to incorporate regular exercises now embarassed What do you plan to do?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uzoo: 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
wow! you babes are really trying..

i did pack on the weight too during the Christmas and new year period ... (cant say no to some really finger licking dishes grin)

well i was still trying to fit into my size 12 dresses , by squeezing in . but i got a reality check when i climbed on the scale sometime early february and didnt like what i saw , had gained a whooping 10 kg.

anyways , i hit the gym in february and got a personal trainer who worked with me for a month from 1st of march to 1st of april. but to be honest , with all the boot camp and drilling methods the guy was putting me through 4 to 5 days a week ,2 hours a day, and fruit diet(banana smoothie for breakfast with one slice of whole grain toast, salads and avocada for lunch , smoothie with skimmed fresh milk and more fruits for dinner).i didnt lose jack....

.Infact i think i even gained more pounds cos he put me on weight training which i hated and i did 4.5 kilometres interval training on the thread mill in 30 mins burning about 180 or so calories, 30 mins on the eliptical bike Burning 350 caolories level 10 and the remaining 1 hour was for spot training( arms, tummy , hips etc) with weights and equipments.

i havnt been to the gym since 1st of april . i changed my diet , ate less but still stuck to the fruit thing, started on this amazing tea a relative recommended,2 to 3 times a day and lost 3 kg in 2 weeks.

and this is my daily routine. using ( mat , jump rope, tea)

MORNING

Skip for 6 mins ( 140 skips every minute, meaning you have to be really fast) 140 skips per minute burns approximately 50 to 65 calories per min.Depending on your weight.

Next i lie on my back on the mat and tune into my recorded workouts i got from female trainers on you tube.
( i have loads of that on my tablet , from tummy work outs, to planks,triceps and even how to get a six pack tongue)
my favorite is from fitnessblender. i do planks for 40 to 50 seconds , three reps

i do the mat work out for 30mins ,

Next , i run straight to the kitchen and brew myself some of the herbal tea ,in a mug.

breakfast is smoothie and one slice of whole grain toast. with a full glass of water before i head out.

Afternoon

Just snacking on carrots , lots of fruits, almond nuts,water, and sucking in my tummy all through the day, thats the easiest and probably the only exercise i can do anywhere while sitting in my desk, standing walking. you 'll be amazed how many inches you lose on your waist line by just doing that every minute.

Night

have a nice family dinner, but make sure you eat a 5 year old portion size with lots of water.
and ofcourse, have my tea before bed time. (i always have dinner before 7.30pm)

i know this has been an epistle, but i just wanted to post my own experience and progress so far.i dont mean to diss the gym nor the trainers who work there ,but I had to stop using the gym cos i was starting to feel some pain in my knee while using the thread mill and the guy would not take no for an answer. undecided

Anyways i think i'll stick to this self invented weightloss plans cos it works for me. Basically , what the tea does is suppress appetite, cleanse my system , and i tell you my skin is glowing too, and further more my knee pain is gone.

will keep you guys posted at the end of the month .
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by babestell(f): 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
Please what is the idea behind tucking in the tummy. I read ladies talking about doing it a lot of times but i don't understand the science behind it.
I just started my regimen and I have started actively counting my calories. I found a website that gave an approximate amount of calories in regular naija food so i will use it as a sort of guide. I am going to eat 1200 calories a day, dance zumba for 30 mins (morning and evening) and play with dumbbells for 15 mins (morn and evening) grin
Please what is the name of the tea you are taking
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Yvete(f): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nice thread. Anyone ready to lose weight for the summer?

I gained a couple since january (8 pounds) and I can't wait to drop it for the summer. I run 3miles x 4 days a week, but my eating habit sucks. That's my major hindrance. If I can say no to chocolates, it would be so easy! Will add weight training 2x/weekly too.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uzoo: 8:43am On Apr 17, 2013
babestell: Please[b] what is the idea behind tucking in the tummy[/b]. I read ladies talking about doing it a lot of times but i don't understand the science behind it.
I just started my regimen and I have started actively counting my calories. I found a website that gave an approximate amount of calories in regular naija food so i will use it as a sort of guide. I am going to eat 1200 calories a day, dance zumba for 30 mins (morning and evening) and play with dumbbells for 15 mins (morn and evening) grin
Please what is the name of the tea you are taking

the Science behind sucking in your tummy is that it just helps your abdominal walls ,that is the muscles where you have fat are being built while you suck in your tummy.So the more you suck it in the m ore muscles you build , and research has it that muscles burn fat.

this is how to do it. whether you are sitting, standing or walking . focus your mind pretending that your belly button is being pulled inwards to your back with a string and then try and really really Squeeze and i mean Squeeze your tummy in while doing this.

Another way is to place a finger on your belly button and squeeze in your tummy away from that finger leaveing a tiny space between the finger and your belly button.

while doing this exercise , remember to inhale when squeezing( breathe in) and exhale whne you release your tummy (breathe out)

For the Tea,

its green tea , but this particular one has more of her herbs in it.
you can add your own herbs like fresh lemon juice, which is what i do
any kind of herbs , from ginger , garlic, etc.

hope this helps.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uzoo: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2013
Yvete: Nice thread. Anyone ready to lose weight for the summer?

I gained a couple since january (8 pounds) and I can't wait to drop it for the summer. I run 3miles x 4 days a week, but my eating habit sucks. That's my major hindrance. If I can say no to chocolates, it would be so easy! Will add weight training 2x/weekly too.

Just 8 pounds ,You are so lucky . look what i have to deal with.... 18 freaking pounds before summer. cry

i'll be spending half of my time out doors , this summer , including the beach . i just hope to lose it before then...

i hate intense work outs angry, hate bitter stuffs, ( i'm a sweet tooth).

this is the sacrifice i have to make to get rid of the extra pounds.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Yvete(f): 2:28am On Apr 22, 2013
How is it going for you ladies? Lost 5lbs this past week and i'm excited. Goal increased to 15 lbs - 10 more pounds to go. I'm on the 8hour diet (All meals between 12noon and 8pm). grin
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by babestell(f): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
sad my diet and exercise regime sucks right now! Am unable to monitor my meal plan as I want. Yvette congrats on losing 5 pounds....you have actually encouraged me to try and make the best of where ever I find myself. Kudos to you
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uzoo: 9:39pm On May 04, 2013
ok its been close to 4 wks now since my last update, i'm back and feeling great now that i have lost an extra 1 and a half kg...yea i know its not much but its basically because i didnt combine exercise with my diet this time ( been really busy).

but so far so good, i am still trying on new sources of protein rich foods so as not to exceed my daily calorie in-take, ...

still taking my green tea but have increased it to 2 tea bags a cup 2 to 3 times a day.

the stuff gives me so much energy i need for the day because i hate taking coffee.

anyways still hoping to shed more pounds and hit my ideal weight and former dress size.
keep you all posted.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by babestell(f): 10:00am On May 11, 2013
I weigh 69kg now. My target is 65kg. I am quite happy with my physique right now, I dont even know if I really wanna lose the remaining 4kg.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uzoo: 2:27pm On May 12, 2013
babestell: I weigh 69kg now. My target is 65kg. I am quite happy with my physique right now, I dont even know if I really wanna lose the remaining 4kg.

If you re happy with your figure then i guess that's all that counts. smiley

for me , i'm not. Just need to get back to my old clothes.i cant continue to change my ward robe just because i put on a few pounds. grin
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by yugeeteam(f): 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ All loosing weight isn't easy but u need to try skinny fiber and u will be amazed!!! Call 08028368655 or go to http://UGEE.OneBigPowerline.com enter ur details and read more abt it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways To Find Out Your Genotype Without Blood Test / Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? / Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.