Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge (12946 Views)

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Ifitafrica Weight Loss Challenge. Drop A Dress Size! / First Lady Michelle Obama Looks Fit And Slimmer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 1:43am On Jan 03, 2013
I've started chewing each mouthful 40 times too... Strange but it works. You eat slower and get full easier. I cant wait to weigh in on feb 1st, feeling more energetic already! I have my first session with my personal trainer today, wish me luck guys!
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 03, 2013
uju_1: I've started chewing each mouthful 40 times too... Strange but it works. You eat slower and get full easier. I cant wait to weigh in on feb 1st, feeling more energetic already! I have my first session with my personal trainer today, wish me luck guys!
gud luck
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Ms_Steph: gud luck

Thnx Ms Steph :-) how is your challenge going? You started yesterday right? x
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 03, 2013
uju_1:

Thnx Ms Steph :-) how is your challenge going? You started yesterday right? x
I fell out yesterday. Got tempted. Will continue 2day
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2013
Today i heard some profound things from beautifulbrwnbabydol on youtube.... Search for her! So inspirational. Getting used to small meals now, salads soups etc.... Loving my energy! Is anyone else sticking to the challenge? Remember even if u fall to get back up! Its a marathon not a sprint.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by beegurl(f): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
I want in!!!
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
beegurl: I want in!!!

feel free.... im still pushing on.... cant wait till feb 1st I get to weigh in! so far my clothes are baggier and I feel hungry less often. I'm eating about 1300 cals a day and working out.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
Checked my weight yesterday I lost like 4 pounds. I knw its little but its a step. @amy pls I changed my fone nd numba pls how can we connect
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by adaphic: 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
I need serious motivation frm smone or like smone suggested a group, cos I need to be checked. My dad refers to fat as a disaster. Imagine. He keeps asking when I acquired all these.
Abeg I need help, I want to be serious. I start with exercises but I'm never consistent.
My best bet is to ignore food, and lose d weight first, then I can commence a sustainable programme.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
adaphic: I need serious motivation frm smone or like smone suggested a group, cos I need to be checked. My dad refers to fat as a disaster. Imagine. He keeps asking when I acquired all these.
Abeg I need help, I want to be serious. I start with exercises but I'm never consistent.
My best bet is to ignore food, and lose d weight first, then I can commence a sustainable programme.
just try eating in smaller portions... It helps faster than exercise. Just put ur mind into it nd pray. It all abt u

1 Like

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by bibigirl07: 2:14am On Jan 12, 2013
I'm interested in the group. I used 2 be so slim and cute but @just 28 I feel 50. Tired all d time and trying to be beat the bulge. So I'm cutring out driving for d next 3mths. I'l walk to my mini-mart, market, saloon, site, everywhere. I discovered squeezing lime juice into my drinking water relieves d fatigue. Portion control? Will try it. Fruits/veggies, here I come. I have 2 lose at least 40kg. Want to be hot/sexy/ happy again!
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Checked my weight today again. Nd guess wat am 83kg. Went from a 90 to 83. Hope to reach 75kg b4 dis month ends
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by f4flakes(f): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2013
Oh gosh!! I'm definitely in!! I need to lose a minimum of 35kg...... God help me..*sighs*
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hello evry1,hope I can join u guys? I currently weigh 67kg,wud love to come down †☺ 60kg.D yuletide left M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ with xoo much fat †☺ deal with angry
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ms_Steph: Checked my weight today again. Nd guess wat am 83kg. Went from a 90 to 83. Hope to reach 75kg b4 dis month ends

Well done girl!!!!!! What exercise r u doing?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by uju2: 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
sandylurv: Hello evry1,hope I can join u guys? I currently weigh 67kg,wud love to come down †☺ 60kg.D yuletide left M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ with xoo much fat †☺ deal with angry
the more the merrier
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 15, 2013
uju_1:

Well done girl!!!!!! What exercise r u doing?
no exercise. Just portion control
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 15, 2013
Tanchuu Uju
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by simababe(f): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2013
Aafulenu: i would also like to slim down, am add weight very fast from 60 to 118 in less than two years cry

my main problem is i drink alot that its an addiction. i can drink five bottles of coca cola in a day, sometimes more. i dont eat much. i can go days without food.
am simply addicted to drink, weda its coke, chocolate drinks, inshort whateva as far as its liquid and its very sweet.
i really need help in this. i need to slim down. i have to. i just dont knw hw to stop drinking.

as for exercise, ave searched for gyms in my area, cant seem to find any. and i knw i cant do it alone, need to be part of a group so we can do it togeda. need that team spirt.

any help on d drinks?

I tink we are in d same shoe, guess wot I did I bought a pack of PEPSI light its just 2calories per bottle unlike d normal 250 per bottle, it taste exactly like d normal pepsi so u can safely take 5 aday which is like 10calories.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by simababe(f): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2013
Anyway I forgot 2 introduce mysef, I'm sunbo,and I weigh 83kg presently buh wanna loose 15kg before march opfully. Im in support of d group watsapp or bbm thingy and I will aprc8 if we can all meet like @ a stadium in lagos 2 av a joint section maybe once in a month. Just a suggestion.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by modath(f): 8:31am On Jan 15, 2013
@The members of this thread,I feel you ladies should deal with the over eating triggers first and @ the same time realise that losing weight is just 50% of the work,maintainace is the other 50%.. The person trying to weigh the same as what she weighed @ 18 now she's over 25 may find she spends all her time trying to maintain something that nature has gone beyond case in point xtina Aguilera was a skinny meenie thing in 98-99 circa "Genie in a bottle",now she's 30+ she finds it almost impossible to keep up without taking drastic medical intervention.
Do you guys really believe JHUD lost the weight thru weight watchers alone
Have realsitic goals and don't try to get there too fast

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by modath(f): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2013
@MsSteph,
Well done so far but 8kg in 3wks..........

@Simababe &Oyinmama,so this is where una dey take fresh breeze since?nice to know you ladies are still on the train.,

@Mogbomoya,excellent exercise tips,500cals max a day Really

@Aafelenu,you are the "only"person that can motivate yourself, 90% of the battle of the bulge is internal,once you've conquered that voice in your head that urges you to give up,you'll find it easy to get the zeal to achieve your goal. Harmattan in abuja is not friendly at all but when I think of how unhappy being overweight made me feel,I lace up my trainers and go for my 5:30 am run.its hard but what other option is there?
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 15, 2013
modath: @MsSteph,
Well done so far but 8kg in 3wks..........

@Simababe &Oyinmama,so this is where una dey take fresh breeze since?nice to know you ladies are still on the train.,

@Mogbomoya,excellent exercise tips,500cals max a day Really

@Aafelenu,you are the "only"person that can motivate yourself, 90% of the battle of the bulge is internal,once you've conquered that voice in your head that urges you to give up,you'll find it easy to get the zeal to achieve your goal. Harmattan in abuja is not friendly at all but when I think of how unhappy being overweight made me feel,I lace up my trainers and go for my 5:30 am run.its hard but
what other option is there?
portion control is beTter than exercise. 1ce u start controlling d quantity of food u eat then u will drop more. If u exercise nd still eat a lot nothing will change
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by modath(f): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ms_Steph: portion control is beTter than exercise. 1ce u start controlling d quantity of food u eat then u will drop more. If u exercise nd still eat a lot nothing will change
Thank you for this info,didn't know portion control is superior to all exercises,wish I knew this before successfully going from 100+ to 78 in less than year and been maintaining the loss for over 3yrs give or a take 2kg below/above.
I sincerely apologise for trying to believe I'm doing any good by reaching out.take care and wish you success in your weightloss journey.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
modath:
Thank you for this info,didn't know portion control is superior to all exercises,wish I knew this before successfully going from 100+ to 78 in less than year and been maintaining the loss for over 3yrs give or a take 2kg below/above.
I sincerely apologise for trying to believe I'm doing any good.take care and wish you success.
don't understand wat d apology is 4. We are all sharing here. Dint say its superior to exercise
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
i'm in... as at last year november i was looking forward to losing 25kg of my weight. by december end, i lost 5kg and along the line added another 2kg so presently i weigh 102 compared to the 105 i used to weigh b4 and the 100 i weighed late last year. i'm in support of the bbm/whatsapp group thingy and the stadium meeting once a month....

@Mody, i follow u reach here ooo. lol
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hello house, how's the journey going? Shamefacedly, I must admit I have only started yesterday...quick confession, I'm yet to exercise cool
There is this 'warrior' diet I read up that entails eating only one proper meal per day, and loads of water and fruits. My adaptation is to eat dinner as that's the only meal I have control over as per ingredients and preparation.

So....day 2 is over and I plan to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Before I forget, I have a two week residential work training coming next week...just got to know today that early morning aerobics are compulsory for participants..30 mins o! angry There goes my plan to postpone exercise as much as I can!

Forgive my long story people, I will like to crave your indulgence to use this group as a forum to vent and get support from you all...btw my scale said 95kg on Sunday...enemies....

@uju 1, thanks for starting this, Ms Steph,Aafulenu, simababe, bibilove07, sandylurv, adaphic,f4flakes,yinx007...everyone, let's see how far we can take this!

@modath, I see you!
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by ibizgirl(f): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2013
Hello ladies read most of the posts and I completely feel you. Weight loss is not easy but it begins with you. And there is no instant miracle, it is a process that must be continued so don't be in too much of a hurry and don't despair if the scale does not shift, the shift will start from your clothes and if you have a crave for drinks try making your healthy drinks, You can make smoothies from fruits (just blend some fruits together). As the days go by we will get more tips from each other. But you have got to exercise AND eat right to make drastic changes.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by ibizgirl(f): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2013
Aafulenu:

u have no idea hw desperate i am. i need to slim down, dis day just climbing the stairs leaves me breathing hard.

i have to slim down. its a most!!

my dad even said am begining to look like a toad this morning. can u imagine? A TOAD?

I MUST SLIM DOWN. EVEN IF IT MEANS STARVING

Hello how are you getting along, just take each day seriously and try to plan healthy meals for the week ahead, don't stock treats reduces the temptation to indulge.
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
My 2 cents.

1. Portion control -gives you weight loss.

2. Exercise - keeps you fit and build more muscle instead of fat. But not necessary makes you lose weight.

3. Portion control plus exercise- you lose weight while feeling fit and smart with your toned up body.

If you can, go for no. 3 if not, start with no1 then proceed to 3.

Cheers
Re: 2013 Fit And Trim Weight Loss Challenge by oyinmama(f): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
Anybody home?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? / Ebola: Lagos To Deploy Healthworkers To Sierra Leone / 1.8 Million Nigerians Suffering Glaucoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.