Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem (20319 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) / "as Jesus Drew Near Jerusalem, He Saw The City And Wept Over It . . . . " Luke 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by anonimi: 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
REVOLUTNIS:
Jehovah the holy one of Israel is the true God the creator of heaven and earth,the maker of man. the giver of life. beside HIM there is no god, shango and ALL devils and those that worship them shall perish if they did nt repent.

Did you read where Apostle Paul said to the Greeks in Athens that he saw their altar to THE UNKNOWN GOD and it is that God that he has come to preach to them
That CONCEPT of the unknown God is common to almost all groups of people/ societies/communities.
The main difference is that the Jews and later on the Muslims believe in only that one unknown God (i.e. MONOtheism) unlike the other societies that believe in other "lesser" known gods in addition to the one unknown God (i.e. POLYtheism).
You need to read your bible more often along with other historical books.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton: This temple would most likely have been built during the reign of King Jeroboam. The most interesting aspect of this is that (a), the bible tells us that the ancient Israelites built only one sacred temple for their one and only god, Yahweh. (B) There is no evidence to show that this particular temple was built or dedicated to the worship of Yahweh.
(c) Since temples are built for and dedicated to the worship of a particular deity, one can draw any one of two conclusions from this discovery:

1. That the ancient Israelites did indeed, as I have argued severally, practice polytheism.
or,
2. The ancient Israelites never resided in that geographical area and never had a kingdom as we have been led to believe. Indeed, there have been no remnants of any great Hebrew kingdom ever discovered.

Nigerians at their best. The masters in any field imaginable. Name it, science, humanities, football etc. Oversabi analysts.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by vislabraye(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
inurmind:

I also believe they practiced polytheism, Yahweh was just the main god. There are alot of hidden things Christians do not know about their religion.

They were idolaters, its a well know fact.
Judaism and xtianity are different. Christians follow the example and teaching of Jesus and not the idolaters.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by REVOLUTNIS: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
inurmind:

Judaism is the foundation of Christianity. Their holy book is your old testament. Do not try to separate yourself from them.
Both Judaism and Christianity are the foundations of Islam. Muhammad instructed Ali to copy mostly the Bible old testament and path of New testament to make up of his deluded Koran. when u read Koran u will be amaze to discover some of the Bible stories in it where did they come from and how come they are there?

2 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by REVOLUTNIS: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
anonimi:

Did you read where Apostle Paul said to the Greeks in Athens that he saw their altar to THE UNKNOWN GOD and it is that God that he has come to preach to them
That CONCEPT of the unknown God is common to almost all groups of people/ societies/communities.
The main difference is that the Jews and later on the Muslims believe in only that one unknown God (i.e. MONOtheism) unlike the other societies that believe in other "lesser" known gods in addition to the one unknown God (i.e. POLYtheism).
u should have started the place in the Bible Paul made that statement. Jehovah God is not UNKNOWN God to those who believe in Him. He is an UNKNOWN God to sinners and all who have not given their lives to Jesus Christ His precious Son. He mad Himself known to Abraham and to many men and women of the old who saved and Obeyed Him. He stated His name to Moses b4 sending him to Pharaoh in Egypt and later allow him to see His glory. Paul never had the privilege of being one of Jesus' inner circle servants, but He revealed Himself to Paul on his way to Damascus. the other word for UNKNOWN God is strange god Elohim is not a strange God. He reveals Himself to those who diligently seek and obey Him. Anyone who is not SAVED by the washing of the Blood of Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God is worshiping a strange god. there are so many strange gods in the world today enslaving the souls of men and women. We should not allow the books of history written by men to deceive us.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Iolo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
Libkid: How does this affect religious wahala we are facing in this country?

How does you posting that we have religious wahala affect anything?
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
It is true that Solomon (AS) banned all idolatory because he was a Muslim. tongue
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton: This temple would most likely have been built during the reign of King Jeroboam. The most interesting aspect of this is that (a), the bible tells us that the ancient Israelites built only one sacred temple for their one and only god, Yahweh. (B) There is no evidence to show that this particular temple was built or dedicated to the worship of Yahweh.
(c) Since temples are built for and dedicated to the worship of a particular deity, one can draw any one of two conclusions from this discovery:

1. That the ancient Israelites did indeed, as I have argued severally, practice polytheism.
or,
2. [s]The ancient Israelites never resided in that geographical area and never had a kingdom as we have been led to believe. Indeed, there have been no remnants of any great Hebrew kingdom ever discovered.[/s]

1Ki 11:6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
1Ki 11:7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
1Ki 11:8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
1Ki 11:9 And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
1Ki 11:10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

So whats your point exactly again you shameless liar. What have they discovered that is not already in the bible?

8 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
Evil Brain: Even before this discovery, tthere already was a mountain of evidence that the ancient Hebrews were polytheistic. The bible bible is not a historical book. The old testament was compiled, copied and preserved by the monotheistic Jews who adjusted the text to look like their way was the only correct way, and everybody who practiced their faith differently was either evil or not a true Jew.

Imagine if Christians were allowed to write the history of Nigeria without being answerable to any other religious group. I suspect tuat they would try to make it look like Christianity is Nigeria's main religion, that Islam is only practiced by a small group of violent fanatics, and that all traditionalists are evil, idol#worshipping witches.

That is it in a nutshell.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3:

1Ki 11:6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
1Ki 11:7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
1Ki 11:8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
1Ki 11:9 And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
1Ki 11:10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

So whats your point exactly again you shameless liar? What have they discovered that is not already in the bible?

Shameless liar?
Do you have comprehension problems?
Pls Read again. I said one of two conclusions.
you obviously went to great lengths to prove conclusion no. 1: That the ancient hebrews were polytheists, something that I have argued repeatedly on this forum.
So where is the lie?

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Shameless liar?
Do you have comprehension problems?
Pls Read again. I said one of two conclusions.
you obviously went to great lengths to prove conclusion no. 1: That the ancient hebrews were polytheists, something that I have argued repeatedly on this forum.
So where is the lie?

Your falsehood is in red below:
...(a), the bible tells us that the ancient Israelites built only one sacred temple for their one and only god, Yahweh...

You get it?
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3:

...(a), the bible tells us that the ancient Israelites built only one sacred temple for their one and only god, Yahweh...

You get it?

Sigh. Dont expect this belligerent but ignorant tools to swallow their pride and admit they really dont know what they babble on about.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Sweetnecta: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
@Revolutnis:
by REVOLUTNIS: 1:38pm

anonimi:

Did you read where Apostle Paul said to the Greeks in Athens that he saw their altar to THE UNKNOWN GOD and it is that God that he has come to preach to them huh

u should have started the place in the Bible Paul made that statement.
Paul the chronic liar who passed his opinion up as revelation? are you for real, mehn?

Jehovah God is not UNKNOWN God to those who believe in Him. He is an UNKNOWN God to sinners and all who have not given their lives to Jesus Christ His precious Son.
i see that you do not believe one can have direct connection to God. which is singly essential for salvation; believe in God by adhering to His Commandments from the beginning of time or simply giving your life to Jesus [what form does this giving your life?]?

He mad Himself known to Abraham and to many men and women of the old who saved and Obeyed Him.
God was already known, long time before Abraham [as]. Definitely Adam [as] must have known that God existed.

He stated His name to Moses b4 sending him to Pharaoh in Egypt and later allow him to see His glory.
Before Moses [as], The Name of God was known to many; Adam, Noah, etc [as] knew it not as "I AM", but in their native tongue. in the native tongue of Adam, it is Allah. in the native tongue of Jesus, it is Ellah which you people intentionally say is Eli. did you notice that Jesus never said the Name of God is "I AM, Yahweh, Jehovah"?

Paul never had the privilege of being one of Jesus' inner circle servants, but He revealed Himself to Paul on his way to Damascus.
it will be silly if i started writing to you with knowing its you by your name, above. Paul didn't wait for the devil he said appeared to him before he said "is it you lord". do you think the deceiver, satan will say to him, no, its me satan, when his intention was to deceive and change the course of the prophetic legacy of Jesus? Paul ran with satan and elevated Jesus to more than a prophet, and there was the birth of your ideology; chritianity.

the other word for UNKNOWN God is strange god Elohim is not a strange God.
now He is Elohim. not I AM of Moses. not Eli of Jesus. not even Jehovah of Paul. i see how honest you are.

He reveals Himself to those who diligently seek and obey Him.
how are obeying the One God Who you not only make up a son for Him, but the same son is He and His partner? How can one be three, a bachelor be married?

Anyone who is not SAVED by the washing of the Blood of Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God is worshiping a strange god. there are so many strange gods in the world today enslaving the souls of men and women. We should not allow the books of history written by men to deceive us.
one will expect a person such as yourself, who considers himself not a sinner, to not lie because sin is actually a lie or intentionally ignoring the truth.

if you are not a sinner, then you will have to answer the following questions, below:

by REVOLUTNIS: 1:08pm

inurmind:

Judaism is the foundation of Christianity. Their holy book is your old testament. Do not try to separate yourself from them.

[b]Both Judaism and Christianity are the foundations of Islam.[/b]what evidence do you have since God Almighty did not reveal neither Judaism nor Christianity as religion for man to follow? My evidence so that you can argue logically against it is that Moses did not start any religion called Judaism because what the jews do today in their worships [the biggest is praying to a wall and stuffing its cracks with more prayers and or prayer request. The word jew judaism was not used in the time of Moses, who the jews say they follow. And Jesus never performed any jewish or christian prayer rituals. Both Moses and Jesus and prophets between and before them [as] practiced prayer procedures neither of the jews nor that of the christians, but in almost all forms that of the muslims. the prophets and believers with them in their lifetimes stand to worship in prayer [normal when you stop to begin prayers], bow [a position that is between standing and going to prostration] and prostrate the face. every prophet [as] fasted in a particular month and practice constant fasting. every prophet [as] gave charity. every prophet [as] struggled against evil and injustice.

[quote]Muhammad instructed Ali to copy mostly the Bible old testament and path of New testament to make up of his deluded Koran.
while Ali [ra] is not the only scribes [ra], how is it possible that Muhammad [sa], an illiterate was able to instruct that only the best from the part you said he copied be retained, while adding more accurate and true facts and eliminating the filth, evil, false and inaccurate parts? could it be that he did not ask anyone to copy, but receive the correct information, directly from God, while the accounts in the bibles are already compromised?

when u read Koran u will be amaze to discover some of the Bible stories in it where did they come from and how come they are there?
while the bible has some common stories with the Quran, it however does not mean that the Quran borrowed any from the bible. if it has been so, the Quran could not a better source material in matters of the common stories. the reason is that you can not improve on perfection. but when we read the stories in the Quran, we realize that there is definitely improvement. the reason is that the improvement points to Muhammad [sa] hearing from God the Original Source, directly and preserving it in its purity. The biblical accounts are not pure any longer because there are so many versions of the same story. fortunately, Quran has many stories that the bible does not have. In all, the story is the story of man, not jewish, not christianity, not islam, not hindu, etc. but story of man. There is only one accurate Book on it. It must come from God, Alone to A True prophet [sa]. Inspiring liars like Paul who passed his opinion as revelation will not stand up to test.

by REVOLUTNIS: 1:38pm

anonimi:

Did you read where Apostle Paul said to the Greeks in Athens that he saw their altar to THE UNKNOWN GOD and it is that God that he has come to preach to them huh
initially, i had no intention of posting except to read and thank God Almighty that Islam is being vindicated, not by muslims, but by information from others. at least now we will agree that the islam of Muhammad [sa] which is just over 1,400 years is not a worshiper of moon god as the christian apologists are proposing in their efforts to rubbish islam. while i will say that Prophet King Solomon [as] is not an idolater, i could not say the same for the stiff necked jews who made a golden calf {yahweh] as soon as they left Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
maclatunji: It is true that Solomon (AS) banned all idolatory because he was a Muslim. tongue

1 Kings 11:6-10. Perhaps you should stick to responding to muslim threads.

2 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

Sigh. Dont expect this belligerent but ignorant tools to swallow their pride and admit they really dont know what they babble on about.
thanks my bruv, its always good to have you around.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3:

You get it?
Yes I do, and you still have comprehension problems.
You see, the bible is always clear about what it says, but it is religious goons and revisionist who always choose to twist and obfuscate what is clearly written.
In case you do not know english, the bible says in clear language that Solomon went to great lengths to build a magnificent TEMPLE for his god Yahweh.
The same bible also tells us in plain language that later in his life, Solomon also built HIGH PLACES for Chemosh,Ashtorah and other gods.

Now, in case you and Davidylan are too daft to comprehend, there is a world of difference between a TEMPLE and an HIGH PLACE.
I knew this difference even when I was still in secondary school studying bible knowledge( I know the education standards have gone down over the years).
A Temple is an elaborate structure permanently anchored to the ground, while an High Place is a temporary, makeshift structure and alter for outdoor ritual sacrifices.
If Solomon had built Temples for Chemosh and other gods, the bible would have duly informed us such and would not have used the words High Places in place of TEMPLES.

So, I maintain that the bible informs us that the Solomon and the Israelites built only one standing TEMPLE for their god Yahweh.

Now, who is the shameless liar? shocked

@Davidylan:
Your very shallow knowledge of the bible and your abilities to twist and dribble are well known here on NL. I need not say more. grin
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:
Yes I do, and you still have comprehension problems.
You see, the bible is always clear about what it says, but it is religious goons and revisionist who always choose to twist and obfuscate what is clearly written.
In case you do not know english, the bible says in clear language that Solomon went to great lengths to build a magnificent TEMPLE for his god Yahweh.
The same bible also tells us in plain language that later in his life, Solomon also built HIGH PLACES for Chemosh,Ashtorah and other gods.

Now, in case you and Davidylan are too daft to comprehend, there is a world of difference between a TEMPLE and an HIGH PLACE.
I knew this difference even when I was still in secondary school studying bible knowledge( I know the education standards have gone down over the years).
A Temple is an elaborate structure permanently anchored to the ground, while an High Place is a temporary, makeshift structure and alter for outdoor ritual sacrifices.
If Solomon had built Temples for Chemosh and other gods, the bible would have duly informed us such and would not have used the words High Places in place of TEMPLES.

So, I maintain that the bible informs us that the Solomon and the Israelites built only one standing TEMPLE for their god Yahweh.

Now, who is the shameless liar? shocked

@Davidylan:
Your very shallow knowledge of the bible and your abilities to twist and dribble are well known here on NL. I need not say more. grin

Without wasting anytime going into details at all, this is quite a foolish and desperate attempt to save face.

For example - you say that the difference between a temple and a high place is that a temple is "permanent and anchored to the ground" (huh?) while a high place is "temporary" (and i suppose anchored to the air right?). This is clearly a meaningless definition... the KEY essence of a temple/high place is - A PLACE FOR SACRIFICE TO A DEITY. What does its permanence or where it is anchored to do with the real goal of both? undecided Seriously?

Where these same "high places" not permanent "temples" in their foreign lands anchored to the ground? you do know that the term "high places" was derived SOLELY BECAUSE these "temples" of idol worship were built on hilltops? [size=14pt]you do know that even the British encyclopedia refers to the Jewish temple as an "institutionalized high place"... it having been built on mount moriah?[/size]

This is a new testament reference to the temple - Hebrews 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

hmmm i'm sure the "holy place" referenced here had nothing to do with its temporality or its non-anchoring to the earth.

On that basis can you please help us with the difference between a chief priest and a high priest? Absurd!

2 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

Without wasting anytime going into details at all, this is quite a foolish and desperate attempt to save face.

For example - you say that the difference between a temple and a high place is that a temple is "permanent and anchored to the ground" (huh?) while a high place is "temporary" (and i suppose anchored to the air right?). This is clearly a meaningless definition... the KEY essence of a temple/high place is - A PLACE FOR SACRIFICE TO A DEITY. What does its permanence or where it is anchored to do with the real goal of both? undecided Seriously?

Where these same "high places" not permanent "temples" in their foreign lands anchored to the ground? you do know that the term "high places" was derived SOLELY BECAUSE these "temples" of idol worship were built on hilltops?

On that basis can you please help us with the difference between a chief priest and a high priest? Absurd!

Yes, hilltops were the preferred places for alters and ritual sacrifices. So the high places were built on hilltops, so what?
Are you, Davidylan,PHD, telling us here that there is no difference between a Temple and an High Place as in the biblical context?
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by tevinsolt: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
Solomon adultery led him to the acceptance of other gods introduced to him by his wives and concubines, in fact it could it could have been Rehoboam; whose rule led to the division between the Kingdom.....the hasty to justifies ones stance blinds the individual from considering all possibilities, those people often jump to conclusion where they have not been asked to.

call Yahweh a Jealous God and what not, the Israelite had a covenant to keep. through them Jesus was going to come, this was why they were cautioned from engaging in many things in order to set apart from all cultures they were surrounded by.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

1 Kings 11:6-10. Perhaps you should stick to responding to muslim threads.

Hehehehe. Your Bible stories about Solomon are not worth the paper they are written on.

I have had my say, cry all you want. Does the Bible tell you that Solomon understood the dialect of every creature?

Let me guess- that is impossible abi. This story confirms my position. The jews persisted in idolatory until Solomon came and destroyed their other places of worship, most went back to it after him. Solomon was no idolator as your Jewish teachers have peddled about for millenia.

You are way down the "pecking order" with these things, show some humility and you may receive some enlightenment.

tongue
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Yes, hilltops were the preferred places for alters and ritual sacrifices. So the high places were built on hilltops, so what?
Are you, Davidylan,PHD, telling us here that there is no difference between a Temple and an High Place as in the biblical context?
If you are, please ask for a refund of all your school fees, starting from secondary school. You and your sponsors were obviously duped.
lol.

So what is that they expose your own dearth of knowledge. To claim that "high places" were merely "temporal makeshift altars" is pure nonsense. They were TEMPLES (to use the noun for them) built to a deity and called so solely because they were built on hilltops. If you note, the altars and temples to yahweh were built on hills too (bethel, mount moriah etc).

Secondly, read the bible... there is no difference between a temple and a high place - both served the EXACT SAME PURPOSE - a place of sacrifice to a deity. Perhaps you should ask for a refund for your own education. It appears to have been a waste of time as well.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Hehehehe. Your Bible stories about Solomon are not worth the paper they are written on.

I have had my say, cry all you want. Does the Bible tell you that Solomon understood the dialect of every creature?

Let me guess- that is impossible abi. This story confirms my position. The jews persisted in idolatory until Solomon came and destroyed their other places of worship, most went back to it after him. Solomon was no idolator as your Jewish teachers have peddled about for millenia.

You are way down the "pecking order" with these things, show some humility and you may receive some enlightenment.

tongue

and the islamic accounts made up out of thin air are worth the paper they are written on? My guy please park well for one side.

What is the islamic basis for its "belief" that solomon was no idolater? Where is its historical record? The lips of a murderous thug who came over 2000 yrs AFTER solomon had long died? When history is being discussed, muslims do need to just keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

If you are, please ask for a refund of all your school fees, starting from secondary school. You and your sponsors were obviously duped.
lol.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:
while an High Place is a temporary, makeshift structure and alter for outdoor ritual sacrifices.

the Nabatean high place in Petra (Jordan) still exists today. So much for your "definition".
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Sweetnecta: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
Solomon is the wisest man in the Bible. his decisions on issues of controversy even today no man can make better ones. I wonder if Solomon is not in the same league as prophet like other bible prophets? Do prophets or beloved of Yahweh end up and die worshiping idols? impossible.

if Yahweh is a Name of the true God, it is expected that The True God will correct His elect when he errs. He will not allow him to die on error. Will Solomon end up in hell? If not, then he was not an idolater. There is no other offense the christians can rope him in.

Definitely, his many relationship with women are not a sign of sinfulness, just like being a confirmed bachelor is not, too.

If a person does not end up in hell of the christians, there is only other place he can be admitted; Paradise. Being in paradise is a clear sign that God loves the individual that his shortcomings are wiped off, forgotten and not put into account.

There we have it today that ordinary man can communicate with animals. how impossible will it be for the elect of God, prophet Solomon to be given a special honor of being able to understand the languages of animals so much so that he was able to communicate with them? I think those who think little of God can not understand this is easy for God to achieve.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

So what is that they expose your own dearth of knowledge. To claim that "high places" were merely "temporal makeshift altars" is pure nonsense. They were TEMPLES (to use the noun for them) built to a deity and called so solely because they were built on hilltops. If you note, virtually all the tabernacles, altars and temples to yahweh were built on hills too (bethel, mount moriah etc).

Secondly, read the bible... there is no difference between a temple and a high place - both served the EXACT SAME PURPOSE - a place of sacrifice to a deity. Perhaps you should ask for a refund for your own education. It appears to have been a waste of time as well.

There are different categories of religious nuts, and in this forum,one can deal with them according their level of ignorance. However, when confronting one who claims to have a phd(it doesn't matter in what subject), one expects far better discourse and dialogue. One expects knowledgeable,coherent, consistent logic, even if opinions differ. In your case, it baffles me when you publicly display ignorance,incoherence, and twisted logic far more than those from whom I expect far less mental dexterity.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

There are different categories of religious nuts, and in this forum,one can deal with them according their level of ignorance. However, when confronting one who claims to have a phd(it doesn't matter in what subject), one expects far better discourse and dialogue. One expects knowledgeable,coherent, consistent logic, even if opinions differ. In your case, it baffles me when you publicly display ignorance,incoherence, and twisted logic far more than those from whom I expect far less mental dexterity.

What a watery comeback. Guy, put something on the table (apology to Deep Sight)

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Of course. when confronted with your own ignorance... simply ignore substance to malign the other person. Thanks for not disappointing...

and here was i thinking plaetton was going to provide me some serious bible-based defence of his position.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

Of course. when confronted with your own ignorance... simply ignore substance to malign the other person. Thanks for not disappointing...

and here was i thinking plaetton was going to provide me some serious bible-based defence of his position.

you should have known that plaetton is a tinkling cymbal by now !!
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Sweetnecta: 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
@revolutnis: while you speak falsely against islam, below is an experience of a german man about Islam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttvzPVI9thg
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
mygirrl:

Even the bible states that the isrealites were not faithful to one God. Hence the reason why God was always punishing them.

very true !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Heaven Experience / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? / 'Shame To Supporters Of Stingy People' - Mbaka Blasts In New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.