Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem (20317 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) / "as Jesus Drew Near Jerusalem, He Saw The City And Wept Over It . . . . " Luke 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by simpleseyi: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2012
REVOLUTNIS:
Both Judaism and Christianity are the foundations of Islam. Muhammad instructed Ali to copy mostly the Bible old testament and path of New testament to make up of his deluded Koran. when u read Koran u will be amaze to discover some of the Bible stories in it where did they come from and how come they are there?

Good! You are getting there. You are begining to see that there is no difference between Islam and Christianity but the difference is between Christians and Muslims. I am a Muslim and I had my primary and secondary education in Catholic schools. I am even married to a Christian. I have been readind the bible and the koran even before I could differentiate left from right and up till now I find no difference.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2012
simpleseyi:

Good! You are getting there. You are begining to see that there is no difference between Islam and Christianity but the difference is between Christians and Muslims. I am a Muslim and I had my primary and secondary education in Catholic schools. I am even married to a Christian. I have been readind the bible and the koran even before I could differentiate left from right and up till now I find no difference.

Are you sure you have been reading the bible?

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Yujin(m): 9:09am On Dec 30, 2012
maclatunji: It is true that Solomon (AS) banned all idolatory because he was a Muslim. tongue
I often wonder why learned men like you still choose to follow the Qur'an even with its incoherency. How can Solomon be a muslim when Islam started around 600 A.D.
@topic, there was no time where all Israel practised monotheism. Although monotheism was dominant, some groups still had other gods with shrines dedicated to them. King Saul demolished many of the shrines but still visited a witch at Endor. King David also tried but couldn't probably because he was preoccupied with wars. King Solomon legitimized idolatry in the later part of his life like others have mentioned. All the kings that reigned in Jerusalem after Solomon tried to encourage the worship of Yahweh but couldn't totally rid the northern kingdom(Judah and Benjamin with Jerusalem as capital) of idolatry.
After a little research, I discovered the time at which this temple(shrine) was built was about 100yrs after the time of Prophet Elijah(875-850 B.C). It was in the time of King Uzziah- a great king indeed who did lots of constructions and development in Judah. He was known as one who walked in the way of God though he ended badly because of pride and not idolatry. Waiting for more information on this.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by chuksozy: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2012
inurmind:

I also believe they practiced polytheism, Yahweh was just the main god. There are alot of hidden things Christians do not know about their religion.
Point of correction,christianity just started 2000 years ago & is quite different 4rm religions in Israel.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2012
Yujin:
I often wonder why learned men like you still choose to follow the Qur'an even with its incoherency. How can Solomon be a muslim when Islam started around 600 A.D.
@topic, there was no time where all Israel practised monotheism. Although monotheism was dominant, some groups still had other gods with shrines dedicated to them. King Saul demolished many of the shrines but still visited a witch at Endor. King David also tried but couldn't probably because he was preoccupied with wars. King Solomon legitimized idolatry in the later part of his life like others have mentioned. All the kings that reigned in Jerusalem after Solomon tried to encourage the worship of Yahweh but couldn't totally rid the northern kingdom(Judah and Benjamin with Jerusalem as capital) of idolatry.
After a little research, I discovered the time at which this temple(shrine) was built was about 100yrs after the time of Prophet Elijah(875-850 B.C). It was in the time of King Uzziah- a great king indeed who did lots of constructions and development in Judah. He was known as one who walked in the way of God though he ended badly because of pride and not idolatry. Waiting for more information on this.

If God created all men and is keen on our salvation from eternal damnation, then there can only be one religion to achieve that over time. It may have a few modifications along the way but its basic message has to be the same.

That religion is Islam. Islam didn't start with Prophet Muhammad (SAW). He was simply sent to complete the message and he did.

A knowledgeable Muslim will never say Islam started with Prophet Muhammad (SAW), it is non-Muslims that tell themselves that.

So, you were saying?
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by REVOLUTNIS: 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sweetnecta: @revolutnis: while you speak falsely against islam, below is an experience of a german man about Islam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttvzPVI9thg
Oga, forget about the German man his soul is lost to Islam
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Yujin(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
maclatunji:

If God created all men and is keen on our salvation from eternal damnation, then there can only be one religion to achieve that over time. It may have a few modifications along the way but its basic message has to be the same.

That religion is Islam. Islam didn't start with Prophet Muhammad (SAW). He was simply sent to complete the message and he did.

A knowledgeable Muslim will never say Islam started with Prophet Muhammad (SAW), it is non-Muslims that tell themselves that.

So, you were saying?
Now, if Solomon is a muslim, it means Jesus too is a muslim. Is that correct by you? It means his disciples are muslims too and by implication anyone who believes in Jesus Christ and follows Him is also a muslim. SMH. It is evident that the teaching of Christ is CLEARLY DIFFERENT from that of Muhammed. Jesus discouraged His followers from using arms but Muhammed encouraged his. Jesus laid down His life for mankind while Muhammed took the life of many. Jesus taught that the worshippers of God do so in spirit and in truth and must not necessarily be in a building, on a mountain or facing any specific direction but Muhammed...you know better. Jesus Christ himself says" I am the Way, Truth and Life, no one comes to the Father(Almighty God) but by me". Such authoritative speaking. That was how he won my heart. Even the Jews practising Judaism today he told"...how I wish to gather you just as a hen gathers her chicks but you refuse. Therefore, you will not know peace until you say blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord". And in the whole world there is just one Prince of Peace- Jesus, the only begotten Son of God. Even they are in danger of hell unless they accept Him as Lord and Saviour. Mr Maclatunji, I suggest you STUDY the Bible books of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, and your life will never remain thesame again just like myself.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yujin:
Now, if Solomon is a muslim, it means Jesus too is a muslim. Is that correct by you? It means his disciples are muslims too and by implication anyone who believes in Jesus Christ and follows Him is also a muslim. SMH. It is evident that the teaching of Christ is CLEARLY DIFFERENT from that of Muhammed. Jesus discouraged His followers from using arms but Muhammed encouraged his. Jesus laid down His life for mankind while Muhammed took the life of many. Jesus taught that the worshippers of God do so in spirit and in truth and must not necessarily be in a building, on a mountain or facing any specific direction but Muhammed...you know better. Jesus Christ himself says" I am the Way, Truth and Life, no one comes to the but by me". Such authoritative speaking. That was how he won my heart. Even the Jews practising Judaism today he told/foretold "...how I wish to gather you just as a hen gathers her chicks but you refuse. Therefore, you will not know peace until you say blessed is He who comes in the name of the world". And in the whole world there is just one Prince of Peace- Jesus, the only begotten Son of God. Mr Maclatunji, I suggest you STUDY the Bible books of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, and your life will never remain thesame again just like myself.

Jesus (AS) was a Muslim. You are going down a slippery slope with your attempt to setup Jesus as a practical example in every aspect of life. Jesus never married, what extensive lessons can you learn from him as a husband? He never had children,what pratical experience can you learn from him as a father? He never led a government, what practical lessons can you learn from him as a leader of government? Yes, he was a Prophet but the limitations of his teachings and their subsequent manipulation and doctoring by people who claimed to be "Christians" meant there had to be another Messenger to complete the message. You guys have a problem you have not expanded your scope of reasoning beyond a certain deficient document- The Bible.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
[quote author=maclatunji]

Jesus (AS) was a Muslim.

Lol, what have you not plagiarised from the bible , our prophets and now the saviour and messiah.

Jesus was not a Muslim by any stretch of the imagination, this is pure and plain wishful thinking by Muslims who look to the bible for the validation of their religion.

Jesus was a Jew and practiced Judaism when he walked the earth, he is also the ONLY WAY , TRUTH and LIFE.

You are going down a slippery slope with your attempt to setup Jesus as a practical example in every aspect of life. Jesus never married, what extensive lessons can you learn from him as a husband? He never had children,what pratical experience can you learn from him as a father? He never led a government, what practical lessons can you learn from him as a leader of government? Yes, he was a Prophet but the limitations of his teachings and their subsequent manipulation and doctoring by people who claimed to be "Christians" meant there had to be another Messenger to complete the message. You guys have a problem you have not expanded your scope of reasoning beyond a certain deficient document- The Bible.

Not a slippery slope at all, as Jesus himself said, some men are born eunuchs and some are not, marriage is not compulsory.

"For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it." - Matthew 19:12

And when we talk about examples, we are talking about virtues such as peace ( not violence as we see in some religions ), kindness to ALL mankind ( not just the brotherhood ), forgiveness for our worst enemies ( not to murder them ) , love ( not hate ) , gentleness , patience and a host of noble character traits.

Surprisingly you call the bible a deficient book and yet plagiarize 40% of it's contents, borrow it's prophets and even religious locations , albeit in a contorted fashion . Leave our bible alone please.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by true2god: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
inurmind:

I also believe they practiced polytheism, Yahweh was just the main god. There are alot of hidden things Christians do not know about their religion.
Wat religion do u practice?
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
@frosbel, of course. The Roman Catholic Church the preeminent church that sprung-up after Christ managed these "peaceful" messages. Conflict is a part of life, the only thing you have to be mindful of is to be on the right side of the conflict. Jesus Christ said what about Caesar? And what did Caesar use taxes for? Propagate Christianity?

Hehehe.

Jesus never knew the word Christianity, so how can you say you own him. He was a Muslim.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
maclatunji: @frosbel, of course. The Roman Catholic Church the preeminent church that sprung-up after Christ managed these "peaceful" messages.

You may refuse to acknowledge the universal fact that the church is not catholic or another denomination , but rather is a reference to the called out ones from the world who have as their head Christ Jesus , not the pope or some other bogus person.

I sympathize with MUSLIMS especially the women and children for the immense barbarity and cruelty they suffered at the hands of the the false crusader system.

Conflict is a part of life, the only thing you have to be mindful of is to be on the right side of the conflict. Jesus Christ said what about Caesar? And what did Caesar use taxes for? Propagate Christianity?

Christianity or should I say the preaching of repentance and submission to the one and true God through Jesus Christ had enveloped the entire ancient world at the time of the apostles.

"But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other brothers before the city officials, shouting: "These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here " - Acts 17:6

And guess what , no swords or staves were used, just plain preaching on foot, donkey back or by ship.

This was the church that heeded the command of Jesus not to use violence.

"50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”[d]

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?” - Matthew 50-53

Genesis 9:6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.

Jesus was not in the business of violence, plunder and bloodshed, he came to save lives not to destroy lives.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Chongaiman: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
maclatunji:
. . .Of all his wives, the Queen of Sheba was the stand-out babe. She had the looks, wealth and the power. Even she didn't convert Solomon to idolatory, he converted her from idolatory to Islam. . .
grin grin grin grin You made my day! Had to check again to make sure I was not in the jokes section.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
frosbel:

You may refuse to acknowledge the universal fact that the church is not catholic or another denomination , but rather is a reference to the called out ones from the world who have as their head Christ Jesus , not the pope or some other bogus person.

I sympathize with MUSLIMS especially the women and children for the immense barbarity and cruelty they suffered at the hands of the the false crusader system.

Christianity or should I say the preaching of repentance and submission to the one and true God through Jesus Christ had enveloped the entire ancient world at the time of the apostles.

"But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other brothers before the city officials, shouting: "These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here " - Acts 17:6

And guess what , no swords or staves were used, just plain preaching on foot, donkey back or by ship.

This was the church that heeded the command of Jesus not to use violence.

"50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”[d]

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?” - Matthew 50-53

Genesis 9:6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.

Jesus was not in the business of violence, plunder and bloodshed, he came to save lives not to destroy lives.

Boring! You have turned the teaching of Jesus into some abstract concept that cannot be grasped. It is easily attainable and realizable once you don't call him what he wasn't. Your attempt to make him divine is the source of your confusion. If the Roman Catholic Church is not "Christian" or following Christ, then none of you are.

Thank you for admitting that much!

Bye!
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
maclatunji:

Boring! You have turned the teaching of Jesus into some abstract concept that cannot be grasped. It is easily attainable and realizable once you don't call him what he wasn't. Your attempt to make him divine is the source of your confusion. If the Roman Catholic Church is not "Christian" or following Christ, then none of you are.

Thank you for admitting that much!

Bye!

Boring and yet your scholars plagiarize a religion which in their opinion is inferior to ISLAM. Wow grin

Anyway I do not expect you to understand, suffice me to say that Solomon was not a Muslim and neither was Jesus, to suggest otherwise is just wishful thinking and fantasy , concocted by Muslim 'scholars' , so to speak.

Finally , if you want to tar all Christians with the Catholic brush, we are also allowed to paint all Muslims with the same brush of the hate filled, violent and barbaric brand of ISLAM , no ?

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
frosbel:

Boring and yet your scholars plagiarize a religion which in their opinion is inferior to ISLAM. Wow grin

Anyway I do not expect you to understand, suffice me to say that Solomon was not a Muslim and neither was Jesus, to suggest otherwise is just wishful thinking and fantasy , concocted by Muslim 'scholars' , so to speak.

Finally , if you want to tar all Christians with the Catholic brush, we are also allowed to paint all Muslims with the same brush of the hate filled, violent and barbaric brand of ISLAM , no ?

Simple, Christianity came to you via the Catholic church. If you deny your source, you deny your existence. So keep attacking the Catholic church to your detriment.

The topic has been overflogged, no need to go round in circles.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by imotondo(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2012
REVOLUTNIS:
Jehovah the holy one of Israel is the true God the creator of heaven and earth,the maker of man. the giver of life. beside HIM there is no god, shango and ALL devils and those that worship them shall perish if they did nt repent.
.....my brother,leave them whatever they sow they shall reap
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
maclatunji:

Simple, Christianity came to you via the Catholic church. If you deny your source, you deny your existence. So keep attacking the Catholic church to your detriment.

The topic has been overflogged, no need to go round in circles.

this makes no sense. But of course that would be expecting too much from muslims who need to lie to keep up the facade that islam is.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
davidylan:

this makes no sense. But of course that would be expecting too much from muslims who need to lie to keep up the facade that islam is.

what do they know other than what they hear from their Imams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Heaven Experience / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? / 'Shame To Supporters Of Stingy People' - Mbaka Blasts In New Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.