Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem (20321 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / True Or False! Biblical Goliath Skull Found In A Tomb Near Jerusalem (photos) / "as Jesus Drew Near Jerusalem, He Saw The City And Wept Over It . . . . " Luke 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: @revolutnis: while you speak falsely against islam, below is an experience of a german man about Islam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttvzPVI9thg

mate , we are not talking about ISLAM here !
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
vanstanzy: I love artifacts. kiss kiss kiss This is most definitely a great find. Back in time...
It could have been possible that it was built during King Solomons' time. Cause he (Solomon) at the later part of his life practiced Idolatry and must have dedicated temples towards this.

a plausible possibility !
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton: This temple would most likely have been built during the reign of King Jeroboam. The most interesting aspect of this is that (a), the bible tells us that the ancient Israelites built only one sacred temple for their one and only god, Yahweh. (B) There is no evidence to show that this particular temple was built or dedicated to the worship of Yahweh.
(c) Since temples are built for and dedicated to the worship of a particular deity, one can draw any one of two conclusions from this discovery:

1. That the ancient Israelites did indeed, as I have argued severally, practice polytheism.
or,
2. The ancient Israelites never resided in that geographical area and never had a kingdom as we have been led to believe. Indeed, there have been no remnants of any great Hebrew kingdom ever discovered.

What utter rubbish.

I am sorry , but your knowledge of bible history is terrible.

It is a known fact that the Jews had ONE TEMPLE built for the worship of GOD , but at some point in their history , they copied the pagan practices of surrounding nations by borrowing their false gods and building temples to worship them. This is one of the main reasons why GOD was constantly angry with them and which eventually led to their exile into Babylon and Persia at differing timelines.

Finally , to suggest that the Israelites never existed in that area would have been laughable , were it not for the worry that you actually believe in this farce.

Do your research dear Sir.

3 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by maclatunji: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

and the islamic accounts made up out of thin air are worth the paper they are written on? My guy please park well for one side.

What is the islamic basis for its "belief" that solomon was no idolater? Where is its historical record? The lips of a murderous thug who came over 2000 yrs AFTER solomon had long died? When history is being discussed, muslims do need to just keep quiet.

The historical record is shown in the many testimonies of his spending heavily on a great temple to worship the only God. Of all his wives, the Queen of Sheba was the stand-out babe. She had the looks, wealth and the power. Even she didn't convert Solomon to idolatory, he converted her from idolatory to Islam.

You see, history agrees with me and not you. I am very well parked!
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

Of course. when confronted with your own ignorance... simply ignore substance to malign the other person. Thanks for not disappointing...

and here was i thinking plaetton was going to provide me some serious bible-based defence of his position.

Bible-based defence? Defence of what? Do want me to re-write or reword the bible to defend what? I am not like you, I am in no hostage situation, so I dont have to twist anything to defend anything. The only thing worth defending in this case is common sense.

And talking about bible-based defence, where are yours?
Is Nabataen High Places part of you bible-based defence?
Who were the Nabataens and what gods did they worship?

You blockheads, Even among the Nabataens that you are quick to quote, there were clear differences between thier High Place of Sacrifice and their temple.

Here take a loot at these two pics from the Nabataen past.
One is the remains of a temple, and the other was the High Place of Sacrifice.
Can you tell the difference between a Temple and an High Place?

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
maclatunji:

The historical record is shown in the many testimonies of his spending heavily on a great temple to worship the only God. Of all his wives, the Queen of Sheba was the stand-out babe. She had the looks, wealth and the power. Even she didn't convert Solomon to idolatory, he converted her from idolatory to Islam.

hahaha , giberrish is the word, yes of course it is grin grin

happy new year Mclatunji !!

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
maclatunji:

the queen of sheba was a muslim too? and you show this from exactly which "historical records"? the rantings of a deranged arab? grin

Like frosbel said to sweetnecta, this is not a thread for islam. Please park well to one side.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:
Your PHD must stand for High Definition P...
lol

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. There is only one temple/high place in petra built by the nabateans. Try and read rather than confusing yourself with plagiarized material from the web.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel:

What utter rubbish.

I am sorry , but your knowledge of bible history is terrible.

It is a known fact that the Jews had ONE TEMPLE built for the worship of GOD , but at some point in their history , t[b]hey copied the pagan practices of surrounding nations by borrowing their false gods and building temples to worship them.[/b] This is one of the main reasons why GOD was constantly angry with them and which eventually led to their exile into Babylon and Persia at differing timelines.

Finally , to suggest that the Israelites never existed in that area would have been laughable , were it not for the worry that you actually believe in this farce.

Do your research dear Sir.

Ok Frosybel.
Is that biblical fact or conjecture?. Pls humble me and show me where it is plainly written in the bible that the Israelites built temples, any temple for the worship of any other deity aside from Yahweh?
Don't shy away and don't try to twist scriptures. We can all read the bible in plain English. ok.

But even if what you say is true,does that not substantiate what I have argued and debated repeatedly that the Israelites were a polytheistic culture?
So , either way, I am right.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Ok Frosybel.
Is that biblical fact or conjecture?. Pls humble me and show me where it is plainly written in the bible that the Israelites built temples, any temple for the worship of any other deity aside from Yahweh?
Don't shy away and don't try to twist scriptures. We can all read the bible in plain English. ok.

But even if what you say is true,does that not substantiate what I have argued and debated repeatedly that the Israelites were a polytheistic culture?

You are splitting hairs here just to keep face. Please what is the difference between a chief priest and a high priest? while you are at it please differentiate between 6 and half a dozen.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Bible-based defence? Defence of what? Do want me to re-write or reword the bible to defend what? I am not like you, I am in no hostage situation, so I dont have to twist anything to defend anything. The only thing worth defending in this case is common sense.

And talking about bible-based defence, where are yours?
Is Nabataen High Places part of you bible-based defence?
Who were the Nabataens and what gods did they worship?

You blockheads, Even among the Nabataens that you are quick to quote, there were clear differences between thier High Place of Sacrifice and their temple.

Your PHD must stand for High Definition P...
lol

And this are makeshift high places? you're a fraud.

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

You are splitting hairs here just to keep face. [b]Please what is the difference between a chief priest and a high priest? while you are at i[/b]t please differentiate between 6 and half a dozen.

deleted
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Davidylan,Poo.HD,
Is that supposed to be a cheap shot?.I never made an argument for the difference between chief priest and high priest, so I dont know why you keep hammering on such trivial and very childish thing that is has never been any part of my argument. Are you that daft?
My argument is that thee is a world of difference between an High Place and a Temple. You seem to disagree. Fine, wallow in your ignorance.

Where is your intellect? Senior secondary school, bachelors degree, masters degree, doctorate degree. By now,your intellect should have been vigorously honed and sharpened.
What happened? You argue like a motor park tout.

I sense a bit of jealousy here !!!
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

either way , you are horribly wrong !
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
This is what plaetton presented to us a high place...a distant shot.

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3: This is what plaetton presented to us a high place...a distant shot.

oh yes , those high places , lol. grin
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton: This temple would most likely have been built during the reign of King Jeroboam. The most interesting aspect of this is that (a), the bible tells us that the ancient Israelites built only one sacred temple for their one and only god, Yahweh. (B) There is no evidence to show that this particular temple was built or dedicated to the worship of Yahweh.
(c) Since temples are built for and dedicated to the worship of a particular deity, one can draw any one of two conclusions from this discovery:

1. That the ancient Israelites did indeed, as I have argued severally, practice polytheism.
or,
2. The ancient Israelites never resided in that geographical area and never had a kingdom as we have been led to believe. Indeed, there have been no remnants of any great Hebrew kingdom ever discovered.

Had you read the. Bible, especially the book of Isaiah, you would have seen that there were always Israelites. Who practiced paganry and that this was. One of the reasons God was angry at them..
No need creating vain conspiracies.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

Davidylan,Poo.HD,
Is that supposed to be a cheap shot?.I never made an argument for the difference between chief priest and high priest, so I dont know why you keep hammering on such trivial and very childish thing that is has never been any part of my argument. Are you that daft?
My argument is that thee is a world of difference between an High Place and a Temple. You seem to disagree. Fine, wallow in your ignorance.

Where is your intellect? Senior secondary school, bachelors degree, masters degree, doctorate degree. By now,your intellect should have been vigorously honed and sharpened.
What happened? You argue like a motor park tout.

The reason i ask you to differentiate between a chief priest and a high priest is because it is germane to the issue at stake - it is EXACTLY the same as trying too hard to differentiate between a temple and a high place in the bible. [size=14pt]Both are exactly the same... infact if you read the British encyclopedia - it correctly identifies the jewish temple as an INSTITUTIONALIZED HIGH PLACE[/size] (i note you skipped that since it does not agree with your incoherent bluster).

To say there is a "world of difference" between the two makes zero sense. The only difference you highlighted earlier was that the temple was a permanent structure anchored to the ground while the high place was temporal... well that is flatly false. The nabatean high place in Petra still stands today! Both were used solely for one purpose - a place of sacrifice to a deity.

Perhaps if you were smart enough you could have gotten a phd as well.. You seem more hung up on that than me. I dont even have the cert hanging anywhere in my home or office... enjoy.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3: This is what plaetton presented to us a high place...a distant shot.

I just looked at his foto and laughed. I should have posted a picture of idanre hills and called it a high place too.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel:

oh yes , those high places , lol. grin
very high bros ... see me see desperation oh grin grin grin
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

I just looked at his foto and laughed. I should have posted a picture of idanre hills and called it a high place too.
grin grin grin
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3:

And this are makeshift high places? you're a fraud.

No. you are the fraud.
Are these your biblical high places? The ones you quoted from your bible earlier on?

So while we are debating about The difference between a Temple and An High in the context of the bible, you are showing us structures from another civilization that has nothing to do with your bible and your Israelites, to show that.............?

This particular culture built their high places of sacrifice on mountaintops by carving out the sides of mountains.
But most significantly, they had their temple which was quite distinct from their High places of sacrifice.
It is that distinction that I have been trying to make you peanut brains to understand.
That is what this debate is all about.
In the case of ancient Israel, why have we not found the remains of their own high places, or even Temples for that matter?

Is pure fraud to take something from another culture, another civilization outside your bible to try to substantiate what is evidently not in your bible.
If I tell you that the Ugaritic texts tell me that Yahweh was a junior god in the Canaanite pantheon, your would respond by telling me that is not in your bible and therefore is neither true nor relevant to you. Right?
Stick to your bible when it suits you and then you jump outside your bible when your biblical evidence is weak.
That is a mark of a fraudster.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel:

[i]Jealousy? I have such thing in my DNA.
You know we come from a culture were we respect highly educated people, especially Phds. We give them special respect because because we expect so much from them in terms of intellect. I know a lot of phds and respect them very much. Infact, when Davidylan mentioned that he was a phd, I instantly increased my respect for him, and expectations too.

deleted
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel:

I am still waiting for you to provide biblical proof that the Israelites built temples for other gods, as you had earlier asserted.
Don't chicken out now.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton:

[s]No. you are the fraud.
Are these your biblical high places? The ones you quoted from your bible earlier on?

So while we are debating about The difference between a Temple and An High in the context of the bible, you are showing us structures from another civilization that has nothing to do with your bible and your Israelites, to show that.............?

This particular culture built their high places of sacrifice on mountaintops by carving out the sides of mountains.
But most significantly, they had their temple which was quite distinct from their High places of sacrifice.
It is that distinction that I have been trying to make you peanut brains to understand.
That is what this debate is all about.
In the case of ancient Israel, why have we not found the remains of their own high places, or even Temples for that matter?

Is pure fraud to take something from another culture, another civilization outside your bible to try to substantiate what is evidently not in your bible.
If I tell you that the Ugaritic texts tell me that Yahweh was a junior god in the Canaanite pantheon, your would respond by telling me that is not in your bible and therefore is neither true nor relevant to you. Right?
Stick to your bible when it suits you and then you jump outside your bible when your biblical evidence is weak.
That is a mark of a fraudster.[/s]

classic somersault. You know nothing about context.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3:

classic somersault. You know nothing about context.

I gave up on the dude a while back. Arguing with these folks is like pouring water on a rock... a waste of time and space.

2 Likes

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by SNCOQ3(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
davidylan:

I gave up on the dude a while back. Arguing with these folks is like pouring water on a rock... a waste of time and space.
Actually, i am done with him on this too. You have effectively done justice to this thread for any sensible person to decipher. Well done davidylan and a happy new year to you in advance.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
SNCOQ3:
Actually, i am done with him on this too. You have effectively done justice to this thread for any sensible person to decipher. Well done davidylan and a happy new year to you in advance.

thank you my brother. Happy new year to you as well!
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by plaetton: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
Hey davidylan.
I realised that I had gotten too personal in my heated responses to your posts.
It is not my style, I regret and appologize, Sincerely.

So pls, be a good christian and kindly whip out the "Forgiveness Card" from you pocket and throw it my way.
smiley
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by anonimi: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
REVOLUTNIS:
u should have started the place in the Bible Paul made that statement. Jehovah God is not UNKNOWN God to those who believe in Him. He is an UNKNOWN God to sinners and all who have not given their lives to Jesus Christ His precious Son. He mad Himself known to Abraham and to many men and women of the old who saved and Obeyed Him. He stated His name to Moses b4 sending him to Pharaoh in Egypt and later allow him to see His glory. Paul never had the privilege of being one of Jesus' inner circle servants, but He revealed Himself to Paul on his way to Damascus. the other word for UNKNOWN God is strange god Elohim is not a strange God. He reveals Himself to those who diligently seek and obey Him. Anyone who is not SAVED by the washing of the Blood of Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God is worshiping a strange god. there are so many strange gods in the world today enslaving the souls of men and women. We should not allow the books of history written by men to deceive us.

Continue with your EMPTY preaching based on your COMPLETE ignorance of spiritual issues.
Here is the exact quote:

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Acts 17:23

Let me repeat the assignment I gave you earlier- read your Bible and understand your traditional religion to identify parallels.
BTW, there are words of Jesus that confirm the CONCEPT of the Unknown God. If you read the bible you will find it. You are not a baby hence no spoon feeding.
Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
plaetton: Hey davidylan.
I realised that I had gotten too personal in my heated responses to your posts.
It is not my style, I regret and appologize, Sincerely.

So pls, be a good christian and kindly whip out the "Forgiveness Card" from you pocket and throw it my way.
smiley
Thanks.

no problem bros. Nothing taken personal... things get said in the heat of the moment.

1 Like

Re: 2,750-year-old Temple Found Near Jerusalem by Enigma(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Since we're all making up stuff, I think it's Orisha's temple

grin

I won't put it past some of these conspiraloons!

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? / 'Shame To Supporters Of Stingy People' - Mbaka Blasts In New Video / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.