Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League (6949 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw - Live / 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Matches Today (notables) / Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by amodu(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2006
is going to be 3-0 in favour Barcelona
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by vichel(m): 1:49pm On May 17, 2006
Amodu u make me laugh, isn't the match today, lets watch and see how the gunners would dismantle ur mighty barca tongue
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Priscila(f): 1:55pm On May 17, 2006
Grizzly!
Remember the assignment to relent all the 90 mins game here .
Am off till I read.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Grizzly(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2006
Sure gurl, wink

~Anti-gunner till the death~ angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by vichel(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2006
we have a pill for anti gunners tongue tongue
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Grizzly(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2006
Make a choice, For whose gonna take the day,
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by vichel(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2006
the guy on the right(King Henry) would be lifting the cup today thank u.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Skintite(f): 3:44pm On May 17, 2006
Amen amen amen!
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by kabby(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2006
Today is our day "The Gunners" its Victory outing for us.

Arsenal 1.
Barca 0oooooo
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by bagoma(f): 6:55pm On May 17, 2006
arsenal 2 barcelona 1

arsenal forever.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by nightrider: 10:23pm On May 17, 2006
arsenal tried but went down to technical mistakes and a lousy sub keeper.

Ronaldinho deserves to be mentioned in the same breath with Pele, platini, maradona and cryuff
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by bagoma(f): 10:30pm On May 17, 2006
nightrider, a lousy keeper you say, well that might be true but how about a lousy striker, touted as the best in the world.
he really pissed me off tonight. i am talking about Henri.

about ronaldinho, he wasnt so spectacular tonight abeg.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by mukina2: 10:35pm On May 17, 2006
yes o ronaldihno wasnt all that tonite almunia did well thoo he culd av saved those cheap goals scored on him undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by bagoma(f): 10:58pm On May 17, 2006
you're right mukina, he could have done better.
no thanks to that stupid referee, though. cool
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Jackal(m): 11:02pm On May 17, 2006
Who cares about being spectacular?
Barcelona has won the UEFA champions league and Arsenal should bury their heads in shame for their woeful display.
I told all y'all from the beginning that Arsenal lacks the character to push the game beyond the finish line.
We all saw how Man Utd dug in against Bayern Munich to score 2 goals in after the 90th minute in 1999 UCL finals.
Liverpool scored 3 goals against the mighty Milan team last year to force the game into penalty shoot-out.
Its the manner by which the gunners lost that gutted me the most. A team leading 1-0 should have held the fort at the back to curb the ever-rampaging Barca team.
Henry had a glorious chance to kill the game but he just scuffed it. Arsenal has just disgraced the English Premiership at the biggest stage and its so saaaaad.
The Norwegian Referee should be shot for making stupid calls throughout the match.
Guily's goal should have stood and Lehmann should have been yellow-carded.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by bagoma(f): 11:21pm On May 17, 2006
i knew you'll come up with nothing but rubbish.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by mukina2: 11:24pm On May 17, 2006
yres o bagoma but lets not be afriad we will stand up to all of the haters
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by bagoma(f): 11:36pm On May 17, 2006
afraid? never.
he said we'd disgrace england but we didnt.
even jackal knows the referee messed up the finals, wrong calls and what not. and not just against us, but on both sides.
it would have been a final to remember. nature too didnt help matters, the rains was a minus to the game.

mukina, we are walking tall, darling. kiss
gunners did well.
gunners forever.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by mochafella(m): 11:39pm On May 17, 2006
bagoma:

the referee messed up the finals, wrong calls and what not. and not just against us, but on both sides.
it would have been a final to remember. nature too didnt help matters, the rains was a minus to the game.
Yep the ref and rain/over-watered pitch were issues. Even b4 the rain started, people were sliding about.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by lordimpaq(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2006
we've no excuses, henry should have wrapped up the game minutes before they equalised and even at the 3rd minute,

he did not live up to expectations, we had it in our hands, he just didn't score,
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Priscila(f): 7:52am On May 18, 2006
So, fan-atics esp Jackal,Amodu,hucarson,Grizzly and many more!
you are now crowing with satisfaction following Arsenal’s defeat !
But am sure you all watched enviously as Gunners displayed a game never seen in England esp. in your teams.
Anyway, that was a case of desperately shooting in the dark and whatever happened, Arsenal will no longer be the small boys of European soccer unless they were not to show up next season.
Gunners got there and that was what mattered most so men! Get your hypercholesterolemia heads back to your lowly teams and calm your nerves there.
If most of you fan-atics were true fans, you would surely all stand up and give a big hand to Gunners for their stunning performance

Henry really shined!
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by lordimpaq(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2006
Priscila:

Henry really shined!

he didn't shine, when it mattered most he did not deliver, he should ave wrapped up the game not once, not twice, but three times,

he disappointed me as a gunner , he even went as far as sayin that the refeeree did not ref well,

as far as i am concerned the referee did a good job,
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Priscila(f): 8:23am On May 18, 2006
Everyone!
exercise some patience and give Arsenal credit, the  boys really tried

Principles of deployment depend on terrain, surprise and maintenance of attack and in that case, the Arsenal’s 4 5 1 formation allowed skirmishing on Barca who showed a
4 3 3 extended line formation which din’t work at first but later captured us.
They guessed our movement and decided to try Delayed fire control orders which worked in their favour.

Etoo put in some monumental effort when it seemed impossible for them to score but he seems anointed because he caused red card and yellow card to Lehmann and Eboue who tried hard to silence him.
I therefore put Etoo in top five in the World.
They forced Henry to play defense for not crying loud but one good thing he proved that he is a general purpose machine gun
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by kabby(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2006
No matter what happened "Gunners 4 eva. cool cool cool

meanwhile I congratule my forumites Barca Fans. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Skintite(f): 10:17am On May 18, 2006
We cud've done better!
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Jackal(m): 11:12am On May 18, 2006
@ skintite,
Excuse me miss.
Did u say u could have done better?
Please. it could have been worse.
Your team lacked the guile they needed to push 'emselves beyond the finish line.
Henry(your IGWE) is now a slave. He always let his team down at the big stage. He killed Arsenal's dreams last night and he should be shot.
Didier Drogba would have done better and i hope u guys realise the season is now over for the gunners.
A fruitless season for y'all gunners.
Better luck next time.

@ Priscilla,
I am gutted because Arsenal went down as the 1st English team to taste defeat in the UCL final.
Arsenal always disgrace England in kizzacks like this grand finale.

United won it against all odds in 1999 by scoring 2 goals in the 92nd and 93rd minute against a disciplined Bayern Munich side.
Man Utd showed lots of character and it paid off in the end.

Liverpool also made the greatest comeback in the history of football to snatch victory in the jaws of defeat against Milan last season.
Gerrard,Alonso and co. showed lotta determination and spirit to drag the match to penalty shoot-out and they won.

Why was Arsenal so shambolic?
Lehmann should take the blame for bringing Etoo down. He was the major cause of Arsenal's defeat. A player of his calibre should have known better.
Arsene Wenger also displayed his weakness by removing a brilliant Fabregas for Flamini. What was he thinking?
In a nutshell, i just feel Arsenal aint matured enough to win the UCL this season. A lot of things went against them due to inexperience.
Henry of all people even goofed at the last moment.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by GUNNER(f): 12:14pm On May 18, 2006
ARSENE WENGER SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLACED FABREGAS WITH FLAMINI

IGWE HENRI SHOULD HAVE FINISHED OFF THOSE GREAT CHANCES, I TEND TO AGREE WITH SOME PEEPS ON THIS FORUM THAT THE GUY IS "SOMETIMES" NOT AT HIS BEST, UNFORTUNATELY WE DID NOT GET THAT SPECIAL SOMETHING FROM HIM!

ALMUNIA IS A SHITTY GOALKEEPER, CONCEDED A SEHR CHEAP SECOND, NO GUT KEEPER IS EVER BEATEN AT THEIR NEAR POST, THE BALL EVEN WENT IN THROUGH HIS LEGS!

LEHMANN MAYBE HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BROUGHT DOWN ETO BUT HE HAD ONLY A SPLIT SECOND TO REACT

THE REF SHOULD/SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN HIM A RED CARD

THE BARCA GOAL SHOULD/SHOULD NOT HAVE STOOD

PIRES SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SACRIFICED

RONALDINHO DID NOT HAVE A GREAT GAME BY HIS OWN HIGH STANDARDS

ETO WAS A CONSTANT THREAT TO THE GUNNERS DEFENCE

10  AGAINST 11 WAS ALWAYS GONNA BE A DIFFICULT TASK

THE REF MADE SOME VERY DUBIOUS CALLS

LARSSON WAS A BRILLANT SUB

AND BELLETTI SCORED HIS FIRST EVER GOAL FOR THE CATALANS FROM A TIGHT ANGLE!

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY, BRILLANT FINALE AND SOME MAJOR TALKING POINTS

BUT HEY ITS THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL  cool
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Priscila(f): 12:35pm On May 18, 2006
Jackal and all of you Arsenal haters!
Gunners are down but not out and that’s what we call recce appreciation.
So!
I take great exception to the fanatics who have been writing off my team simply because we’d been on a bad run this season. Know that gunners have bounced back to top form as they are now Bren group I mean double-barreled guns. Seeing a Barca-Arsenal match was a heart warming prospect though frightening at first.
there is a limit of exploitation!
And Oh boy! Didn’t they put up a one helluva of a fight?
They created chances but choked on them, all in all well done gunners.-we lost
Honorably.

Grizzly!
thanks for keeping the promise tho I watched but those pics you posted on all threads are wonderful. You are a good anti-gunner not like Jackal and the group.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Jackal(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2006
U r in the losers camp for now.
No one is interested in ur cheap talks.
Arsenal lost yesterday and completed a fruitless season.
Nothing to show for a whole season is as frustrating as hell.
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thats something to worry about.

What will become of Arsenal now:
If Henry leaves for Barca?
If Pires leaves for Villareal
If Wenger leaves for Madrid?
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by mukina2: 12:47pm On May 18, 2006
LeAvE Us SlOnE Oo, HaTeRs
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Priscila(f): 12:49pm On May 18, 2006
Jackal !
How many times do I have to warn you never to call my talk cheap?
I wil mount that motar and that missile wont be a miss fire.

I still repeat!

carling heroes Man U( lets laugh ha-ha ha) will also of course be knocked out in preliminaries and still drink vodka that Arsenal lost. Home and away loses!

Haha. infamy! infamy!
And what do we call that Chelsea spanking that gave you a hiding heeeeeee!
You dare poke fun.
Re: Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League by Priscila(f): 1:53pm On May 18, 2006
Barca certainly threw everything at them in estade de France, strategy that became lethal to Arsenal who was a bit devastated on the counter.

But Arsenal worked tirelessly esp Eboue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb / Hull City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1 ) On 1s December 2013 / World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.