Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria (4505 Views)

Buhari Should Emulate Putin In This Photo / Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by fatherE: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2008
If power is given back to the people things will change in our beloved father land.

We are our own problem. Untill we see the light then we can better ourselves.

Nigeria is what is call hell where the ruler is the devil and the ministers,advisers and the rest of them
are the demons controlling hell activities.

Nigerians have sold there souls until nigerians buy there souls back no redemtion no messiah will come to
save them.

We know the problem and we know how to fix it. But then we don't want to fix it because we are always afraid
to stand and say enough is enough we want change.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Sabisabi: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
Nobody is going anywhere ok. The war that will follow will be too much. How many of una dey army here? You wan divide naija but you no wan fight. You stay USA and europe, but you dey pray make we dey here dey fight. Your head no correct. Only people who live in naija can decide this because its us who go fight. Dey go jare.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2008
[size=16pt]Poster, how would you guys survive, even the wealth you guys amassed from the Niger Deltan's Oil will finish one day, so where will you guys run to?[/size]
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by yemmight(m): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2008
Willy and Poster

You guys have not posted reasonable thing on this forum. Not even one, you are busy talking about splitig. You forefathers that tried it in 60's failed. It was this same Yoruba that stopped the war with thier wisdom and power.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Johnny(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
This will definately be a good omen for those of us that have been consistently schemed out of major managerial and juicy positions by the Yorubas who feel they know it all. At least we can get employment in coporate and government institutions where Yorubas consider themselves as the only 'qualified' candidates to be recruited.
I'm just baring out my mind.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by yemmight(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2008
How many of such companies has your tribe founded. All you need to do is to work under them. Shame on you.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by willy4: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2008
yemmight:

Willy and Poster

You guys have not posted reasonable thing on this forum.  Not even one, you are busy talking about splitig. You forefathers that tried it in 60's failed.  It was this same Yoruba that stopped the war with their wisdom and power.
Nigeria would be a better place without Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 06, 2008
LOF (lafin in french).the yorubas know whats up if they dare it.lazy pple.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2008
LOF (lafin in french).the yorubas know whats up if they dare it.lazy pple.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by JayFK(m): 12:47am On Mar 07, 2008
I see this as our only option here, either Nigeria splits for good or each region be given individual autonomy within Nigeria. But the odds of us doing it without war are very low. In the 20th to 21st century the only country I know of, that has managed to split peacefully is Czechoslovakia. The fact is that this concept of "one Nigeria" is just not workable and all of you that are rallying for it should get real.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by willy4: 11:51am On Mar 07, 2008
JayFK:

I see this as our only option here, either Nigeria splits for good or each region be given individual autonomy within Nigeria. But the odds of us doing it without war are very low. In the 20th to 21st century the only country I know of, that has managed to split peacefully is Czechoslovakia. The fact is that this concept of "one Nigeria" is just not workable and all of you that are rallying for it should get real.
Every citizen of Nigeria knows now that One Nigeria is not workable, but Southern Nigerians are relying on Yoruba now to spearhead the disintegrating of this country.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by BluMalam(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ poster

I hope the above replies have knocked (or drilled) sense into your head. Your people will sell you out faster than you

can spell Oyo. Get a lyfe.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by ow11(m): 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
If Nigeria had low corruption level, I wonder if people would talk about splitting.

The poster has failed to realise that one oilfield in Ondo state does not mean that all Yoruba people would have access to millions of dollars and that the governors of the states in the southwest are Yoruba. Hell, even OBJ is Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by tpia: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
Sabisabi:

How many of una dey army here? You wan divide naija but you no wan fight. You stay USA and europe, but you dey pray make we dey here dey fight. Your head no correct. Only people who live in naija can decide this because its us who go fight. Dey go jare.

@ bolded: are you minding them.

They will supply the weapons, people at home will supply the casualties.

as if them no get relative again for Nigeria. undecided undecided

hisss.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by AfroCynic: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2008
As soon as one fool opens their mouth, other fools assume that they are some sorta representative. The person who wrote that article speaks for no one, yet you all act like s/he went around asking all Yorubas how they feel.

I will conceed that ordinary people are tired but what they fail to realise is that whether it's Biafra or Oduduwa Republic, the same corrupt people will run it and any joy separation brings will be short lived. The problem is not the country, it's the politicians and the lack of real will for change on the part of the people. Give me a working Nigeria over any silly mini state, anyday!
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 12:59am On Jul 25, 2008
Often I am surprise that the bulk of people wanting to keep Nigeria as it is whether dead or slaving are our Yoruba cousins. Do you really love Nigeria that much? What is it you see in one Nigeria that others don't? Where are your guts? Are you really that afriad to survive on your own that you need others inside Nigeria with you as a buffer? You always boast about how educated you are and how you get more proffessors than the number of cows in the North, and still afraid to live by yourself?

History taught us that you once had powerful kingdoms and kings before the white man came and spoil everthing, but now you're quite happy kissing the asses of Dan Fodio's children. What will Oduduwa or Orominyan say about that? They will be spitting in their graves with disappintment seeing the sons of lion eating grass. Nigeria marriage has given you a good foundation through your marriage of inconvenience with the uncircumcised lots from the Sahara, as now you have first class Universities, Airports, Seaports, a National stadium, even a part of Ijaw is now recarnated into Yoruba to make Ondo an oil producing state, surely you got everything that will make a nation now stand on it's own, what are your fears? And we had been told recently that there are more oil under the Eko bridge than that of Iran and Iraq put together or is it just a fancy story to get more money from re-born Kaduna MAFIA?

What are your problem or fear? And don't abuse me now I only need some answers!!
And if there are no answers, then it means that it's just Shakara oloje- big mouth and no action.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by doyin13(m): 6:54am On Jul 25, 2008
@Eziachi

I am sure each tribe has enough self-belief in itself to think it can stand on its own.

But you underestimate the challenges involved in a breakup. I cannot see how any such
breakup would be peaceful at all.

On the other hand, I do agree that a new arrangement is needed, one that gives a higher degree
of autonomy to the various regions in the country.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by birdman(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2008
@eziachi

you act like only the igbos are being marginalised. if you put aside your anger and frustration for a moment, you'd realise that splitting wont solve anything. the problem has and will be a cabal of leaders without conscience at the top.

To me, splitting Nigeria is like trying to make your problems go away by drinking. Of course they will be waiting for you in the morning, what then

You know what they say, fools rush where angels fear to tread.

side question by the way, if the igbo nation were to break off, who do you think will emerge as leaders post-breakup, just curious to what you think
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 25, 2008
@ Eziachi,

Its interesting that you have pointed out these facts. However, let it be known that these were facts on ground even before you were born so it's not new!.

Let me just quickly correct you, It is very wrong for you to drag our deities into discussions like these. I find it very offensive when you call Oduduwa and Oranmiyan as if they existed in the same era as your grandparents pardon my analogy. These are deities we worship and they deserve respect from you or any other person for that matter. I think an apology from you will not be out of place.

Ever since my teen days, I have also shared the same thought and asked the same question as to why would the yorubas support the Nigeria project? I have watched the clips on Biafra war over and over again posted on youtube by Afromann007 and concluded that war will never be the way out of this imbroglio.

The complexity involved had arisen from the number of minority groups we have in Nigeria. It is very easy and convenient for you to think only of Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Efik and Ijaw. I am your in your mind you never thought what will happen to the Isokos, Itsekiris, Ogonis, Kalabaris, Ikwerres, Binis, Ishans, Tivs, Nupes, Igalas and other minor groups who can not stand alone.

Would they have to subject themselves under the hegemony of Hausa, Ibo Yoruba etc, stand alone as a sovereign entity (with many of them landlocked in the North) or revert to being a British territory/protectorate.

PS: don't turn it into Yoruba/Ibo thread else I'll back out
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2008
Why are you giving excuse of the Isokos, Itsekiris, Ogonis, Kalabaris, Ikwerres, Binis, Ishans, Tivs, Nupes, Igalas and other minor groups as a reason for Nigeria staying together? Have you ever interviewed an Ikwerre man to know his views on the Nigeria project? I assure you 90% of the Ikwerres are in support of the Ibo view on seccession. I lived in Ikwerre land for extended periods in PH. Even as we speak, the Tivs are locked in an independence struggle. All this talk is excuses excuses. I have met people from almost all the tribes you have mentioned and none of them want to carry on this false relationship with the Hausa/Fulani. Ikwerre's are pseudo-Ibo's. Ogonis have absolutely no time for the Hausas. Kalabari's are Ijaw. Ishans are fully with the Niger-Delta as are the Itsekiris. The only tribes that may be negatively affected by a split are some of the middle belt tribes - and trust me, they will gladly join the South if given a choice. So please, Yoruba people, get your act together so we can cut these parasites off.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ Ibime,

So you think all these great ethnic groups cannot pull off a successful secession bid without the yoruba??
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2008
No we cannot . . . . it is you guys who share a border with them and you can only harm them through Yorubaland so the fate of Nigeria lies in Yoruba hands. . . . that is why they pacified you in 1999 with OBJ. . . . they would never pacify any other group like that except for the Ijaws (for oil reasons). . . .apart from these two groups, the Fulanis do not give a flying monkeys about anyone else in Naija.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2008
Babalaw0:

@ Eziachi,

Its interesting that you have pointed out these facts. However, let it be known that these were facts on ground even before you were born so it's not new!.

Let me just quickly correct you, It is very wrong for you to drag our deities into discussions like these. I find it very offensive when you call Oduduwa and Oranmiyan as if they existed in the same era as your grandparents pardon my analogy. These are deities we worship and they deserve respect from you or any other person for that matter. I think an apology from you will not be out of place.

Ever since my teen days, I have also shared the same thought and asked the same question as to why would the yorubas support the Nigeria project? I have watched the clips on Biafra war over and over again posted on youtube by Afromann007 and concluded that war will never be the way out of this imbroglio.

The complexity involved had arisen from the number of minority groups we have in Nigeria. It is very easy and convenient for you to think only of Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Efik and Ijaw. I am your in your mind you never thought what will happen to the Isokos, Itsekiris, Ogonis, Kalabaris, Ikwerres, Binis, Ishans, Tivs, Nupes, Igalas and other minor groups who can not stand alone.

Would they have to subject themselves under the hegemony of Hausa, Ibo Yoruba etc, stand alone as a sovereign entity (with many of them landlocked in the North) or revert to being a British territory/protectorate.

PS: don't turn it into Yoruba/Ibo thread else I'll back out

I have to first of all, apologise if I cause any offence in involking your ancestors, because that is quite common in Igboland to do that when you want to seriously draw somebody's attention to something very fundamental. So I am sorry, no provocation intended.

Now to the point you raised, I cannot see why war should be a twin with self determination. When you looked carefully, wherever there was a war in such a scenario, it's always because the domineering powers don't want the other to exercise their right of self being. The Soviets did not fight, the Czech and Slovakia did not fight but the Yogoslavs fought because the Serbian did not want the Bosnians and the Croats to go. But when Montenegro left Serbia last two years, their was no single shot fired because the Serbs had learn their lesson. The same with Ethiopia and Eritrea because Ethiopia was desperate to keep Eritrea because Eritrea owns all access to the sea but eventually they can't stop the tide of change. Now Ethiopia get all the shipping through Djibouti.

The problem is not entirely about Nigeria but how Nigeria came to be. Those small ethnic groups that you mentioned has the right to decide who or where they want to stay on their own terms and why can't they be on their own, Andorra as nation is only 48,000 people, which ethnic group in Nigeria is less than 100K?

That is what we the Biafrans are saying that we should sit down and ask who want to stay and who wants to go. Those that want to stay can stay But based on their own terms of marriage, that is the different. But as long as we kept everybody inside Nigeria without theIr consent and CONTINIOUSLY uses the spread of fear of war and kept them mentally captive, Nigeria will never work in a million years, that is why I was asking those questions about the Yorubas because they have everything to succeed as a nation, then why are they so keen on Nigeria that is drawing them back?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by tpia: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2008
AfroCynic:

I will conceed that ordinary people are tired but what they fail to realise is that whether it's Biafra or Oduduwa Republic, the same corrupt people will run it and any joy separation brings will be short lived. The problem is not the country, it's the politicians and the lack of real will for change on the part of the people. Give me a working Nigeria over any silly mini state, anyday!

@ bolded: folks keep believing there's a messiah among us somewhere who's being held back.

They never heard of Animal Farm.

Its all politics, as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by debosky(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2008
Are Yoruba men and women not high position holders in the PDP? Are 5 out of the six 'core' Yoruba states (well maybe 4 now since Agagu was kicked out grin) not governed by the ruling PDP?

Splitting will not necessarily solve the problems, that is a simplistic notion at best. People keep saying let the ethnic groups come together to determine the way forward. . . . I support that idea in principle, but it is ultimately unworkable - how do you determine appropriate representation? What happens if there is no agreement? Will the representation be based on the disputed census figures that did NOT include ethnicity?

If a so called 'sovereign national conference' holds, what happens to the governance of the nation during the period? Even at the 'rigged' reform conference of Obasanjo, there was no agreement.

I feel we need to work within the existing structures for the time being and forget this splitting up idea - it will take too long and will be too distracting to work. We'll spend years if not decades deciding who gets what and how. Loosen the strings at the center and let states/zones have more autonomy - that is the solution
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2008
doyin13:

@Eziachi

I am sure each tribe has enough self-belief in itself to think it can stand on its own.

But you underestimate the challenges involved in a breakup. I cannot see how any such
breakup would be peaceful at all.

On the other hand, I do agree that a new arrangement is needed, one that gives a higher degree
of autonomy to the various regions in the country.

What are the challenges? and if there is any. Challenges are what makes or mere a man or a nation, so if you are afraid of challenges, no matter how big or high it's still sumountable. I don't know why you kept spreading fear of war? War against who and for what reason? Why would Igbo fight anyone for what reason? The use of fear has been a weapon of sunjugation sinc eht history of man.  Bush and Blair used it effectively to take their nations into a mindless war with Iraq, so it's nothing new. But now that the coast is clear, their citizens now knew better.

That is the way it will be for millions of suffering Nigerians one day. The day the veil of fear will be removed from the face and they will see the futility of one Nigeria, even to the northern masses.

I have said it before that southern Cameroon (Bamenda, Limbe, Boya, Ekondotiti, Abana) seceded from Nigeria in 1961, there was no war, why was that? If Nigeria is so precious as the like of Obasanjo tent to tell us, why did they even hand over Bakassi people to Cameroon, even when they are desperate to be Nigerians?

Break up is not a new thing in the history of man, you made it sound like it's undone anywhere else before. Still my Yoruba friends have not still address my original question of why they so keen to keep a one Nigeria structure? Are you using the rest of us as a buffer or playing a beautiful bride? I still want to know because I don't get it yet. I don't want to take Ibime's word for it yet as I want to hear it from the horses mouth. afterrall Bob Marley sang that "Who feels it knows it".
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2008
birdman:

@eziachi

you act like only the igbos are being marginalised. if you put aside your anger and frustration for a moment, you'd realise that splitting wont solve anything. the problem has and will be a cabal of leaders without conscience at the top.

To me, splitting Nigeria is like trying to make your problems go away by drinking. Of course they will be waiting for you in the morning, what then

You know what they say, fools rush where angels fear to tread.

side question by the way, if the igbo nation were to break off, who do you think will emerge as leaders post-breakup, just curious to what you think

What on earth gave you the impression that I am angry? I am not angry neither frustated. splitting won't solve the problem but you failed to tell me what will? A magic, fasting and prayers that gave us the like of Abacha and OBj and now Yard Adua. Nobody is expected to solve a problem with the same method and fail each time and still expect to arive at a different solution continuing with the same method.
If Nigeria is human being, he will be a man of 48 still learning how to crawl, no teeth yet, still even sulking his mother milk and you still hope he has a chance of becoming proffessor Awojobi or Chike Obi.

A call after 48 years of continious failure can't be termed rushing, so who is the fool here that is rushing after 48 years of rubbish all the time? If you call that rushing, you should still be in primary school now.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
Eziachi,

You have still not told me how to solve the minorities problem, again you have only mentioned the same old stories we know. Remember, the Biafra war failed not because the Igbos warlords/fighters were cowards nor weaklings but because the minortities allowed Federal forces to launch attacks from their lands. The minorities felt threatened and would not be part of whatever will threaten their existence.

The problem is not secession, it is about deep-rooted corruption in which no tribe has monopoly. As soon as we correct people's mentality and diabuse their mind from the ills that abound right now, we can move on from there.

I am a Yoruba man to the core but will still not support secession plan right now because every secession bid calls for careful planning and comprehensive contingency plans. The Yorubas have prided themselves as the most educated in Nigeria, you won't expect such tribe to rush into secession bid without proper planning. End result will be fatal failure!

By the way, concrete plans are already being made, we are only waiting for its maturity and at the right time with zero impact on the people and environment. And, I didn't tell you this!
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by delvinmaya(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2008
if i might put in my little quarter here, i would like to tell willy*2 that he should forget that useless notion dat all the youruba man knows has is a big mouth and he cant do anything.I would love for you to come down to ondo state wen you are less busy, especially wenever they are fighting and lets see aw you can witstand dem.Also yourubas never foght over independence amongst themselves, i wonder where some of you got your information. And also nothing stops us from separating from Nigeria, in case most of you dont know Ondo State is blessed not just wit Oil but also so many other mineral resources, we have got Rain forests,bitumen e.t.c and also our fair share of tourist attractions.So we dont have to buffer on anybody.Also you all mention Obj as though he were the only failed president we ever had, can i hear the hausas say this? menm you seem to have forgotten your oh so precious Shehu Shagari who landed this country in the mess it is in, or other heads of state from the northern part of Nigeria. Also why are you of you anxious to break this country up?I wonder how you would benefit from it. As a yoruba man , am so much in love wit this country dat am blind to its little or overly seemingly problems it ha sgot.I love Nigeria and Nigeria is going to be great. Come on guys, most of us grew up knowing this country as Nigeria and i dont know about you but this is the only country i have ever known since i was born, and it is Great.
Love Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by delvinmaya(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2008
where you get ur info man? would love to be a part of the planning committe grin so i fit see money chop.forget eziachi, he wont give you an answer
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2008
Babalaw0:

By the way, concrete plans are already being made, we are only waiting for its maturity and at the right time with zero impact on the people and environment. And, I didn't tell you this!

Please elaborate further . . . . .man, stop pulling my leg. . . . yeah right!

As a member of an ethnic minority tribe, let me just say that 2008 is not 1966. If the Ibos and/or Yorubas call for a split now, we will back them to the hilt. Also, we would not have any problems living under one country with any of our Southern brothers. . . . . as long as the constitution is right on regional derivation and a clause is inserted that any region could pull out of Nigeria if the constitution is changed. . . . the constitution must also not be changed except by national consent and regional voting as is done in Europe.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by abdurrazaq(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Eziachi. I don't know what exactly we (Yoruba) are benefiting from this one Nigeria undecided Sometimes I ask myself all the questions you are putting forward to Babalaw0 and co and, I can really find any tangible answers to them. I also believe that the North is not powerful enough to stop us if we really want to go but, it seems the we are loss.
I still don't know why we keep believing in the lies that have stay with us for 48 years plus. I don't want to believe that we are afraid of standing alone either. I don't even respond to prayers for Nigeria to live longer than this. Go Nigeria and let's have peace   angry cry cry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fg Targets 2013 For Complete Modernisation Of Airports / Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! / Ondo Decides: Summarised Results From 17 Lgas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.