Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria (4506 Views)

Buhari Should Emulate Putin In This Photo / Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2008
Babalaw0:

I am a Yoruba man to the core but will still not support secession plan right now because every secession bid calls for careful planning and comprehensive contingency plans. The Yorubas have prided themselves as the most educated in Nigeria, you won't expect such tribe to rush into secession bid without proper planning. End result will be fatal failure!

Educated or not, you have no collective strategy so your education does not count in this situation. . . . the Fulanis are the most uneducated yet they hold power cos they have collective strategy.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by DeepZone: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Eziachi. I don't know what exactly we (Yoruba) are benefiting from this one Nigeria Undecided Sometimes I ask myself all the questions you are putting forward to Babalaw0 and co and, I can really find any tangible answers to them. I also believe that the North is not powerful enough to stop us if we really want to go but, it seems the we are loss.
I still don't know why we keep believing in the lies that have stay with us for 48 years plus. I don't want to believe that we are afraid of standing alone either. I don't even respond to prayers for Nigeria to live longer than this. Go Nigeria and let's have peace

I concur! Yorubas will be far better off having their own sovereign state. Enough of this hausa/fulani dominance.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by DeepZone: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ Eziachi,

Its interesting that you have pointed out these facts. However, let it be known that these were facts on ground even before you were born so it's not new!.

Let me just quickly correct you, It is very wrong for you to drag our deities into discussions like these. I find it very offensive when you call Oduduwa and Oranmiyan as if they existed in the same era as your grandparents pardon my analogy. These are deities we worship and they deserve respect from you or any other person for that matter. I think an apology from you will not be out of place.

Ever since my teen days, I have also shared the same thought and asked the same question as to why would the yorubas support the Nigeria project? I have watched the clips on Biafra war over and over again posted on youtube by Afromann007 and concluded that war will never be the way out of this imbroglio.

The complexity involved had arisen from the number of minority groups we have in Nigeria. It is very easy and convenient for you to think only of Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, Efik and Ijaw. [size=14pt]I am your in your mind you never thought what will happen to the Isokos, Itsekiris, Ogonis, Kalabaris, Ikwerres, Binis, Ishans, Tivs, Nupes, Igalas and other minor groups who can not stand alone.

Would they have to subject themselves under the hegemony of Hausa, Ibo Yoruba etc, stand alone as a sovereign entity (with many of them landlocked in the North) or revert to being a British territory/protectorate.

PS: don't turn it into Yoruba/Ibo thread else I'll back out

Most of these tribes you mentioned are pseudo tribes and are under the Niger Delta. Ikweeree for sure are ibo; Itsekiri for sure are yorubas but either way, everybody is really tired. I'm preety sure that if the Biafran war starts again, the ibos/Biafrans will not stand alone again because what they forsaw in 1966, other southerners are just seeing it. If that war was to repeat itself again, i bet you the yoruba kingdom will declare their own republic before ojuwku finish their announcement and let me see how many factions the hausas will fight. These dudes are nothing but bloodsuckers, they only contribute to religious wars in Nigeria and nothing to the economy or general welfare. Do you know that if Nigeria eventually float a welfare system, they'll contribute to 80% of the beneficiaries? They are not in sports, academics, IT, entertainment, banking, research, technology or anything. Even the agriculture they attempt has been taken over by the yorubas. Ibos are in business, technology, sports, IT and finance recently ; Yorubas are in IT, academia, finance, research, agriculture, media etc. One more question, If the oil in the south dries up, do you think the northerners will not be the first to secede? Oil drying up in Naija may be our only hope to be free from these bloodsuckers. They are only relying on the distrust among the southern tribes to hold the power because they know that if they ever come together to secede or peacefully split into three(ie yoruba, ibo and ND) they are finished. The ibos for sure will not want to champion the secession crusade again, the Niger Deltans are afraid they cannot pull it off without help from either yoruba or ibo(ibos will be more helpful because they are close neighbours). The ibos may not want to be dragged into that because they just woke up from the past war besides, they may be afraid the ND's may back out when it's too late and if they don't get the yoruba support, there may be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2008
OW11,

The reason is well beyond just corrupt politicians now, it's natural progression that when you mature you seek independent for yourself and be able to determine for yourself, your destiny. The same reason, you have probably left you mum and dad find yourself a beautiful woman called your wife and start your own family.

You did not leave becuase your parents are corrupt or bad people, you left because it's the most natural thing in the world freedom.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Ibime
Educated or not, you have no collective strategy so your education does not count in this situation. . . . the Fulanis are the most uneducated yet they hold power because they have collective strategy.

So why does Nigeria need Yorubas with no collective strategy whatever that means to make a secession bid?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2008
Like I told you before, you guys share border with them . . . or do you want us to march through your land to attack them? Man for man, we are strong enough to deal with them. All we need you to do is stand back and grant us safe passage because you are a physical buffer between us and them, that is all. Your physical location is what determines your importance, not because you are good fighters. We all know you are not. cheesy cheesy cheesy . . . oya, I dey joke O, don't take it serious.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Eziachi: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2008
Babalaw0:

Eziachi,

You have still not told me how to solve the minorities problem, again you have only mentioned the same old stories we know. Remember, the Biafra war failed not because the Igbos warlords/fighters were cowards nor weaklings but because the minortities allowed Federal forces to launch attacks from their lands. The minorities felt threatened and would not be part of whatever will threaten their existence.

The problem is not secession, it is about deep-rooted corruption in which no tribe has monopoly. As soon as we correct people's mentality and diabuse their mind from the ills that abound right now, we can move on from there.

I am a Yoruba man to the core but will still not support secession plan right now because every secession bid calls for careful planning and comprehensive contingency plans. The Yorubas have prided themselves as the most educated in Nigeria, you won't expect such tribe to rush into secession bid without proper planning. End result will be fatal failure!

By the way, concrete plans are already being made, we are only waiting for its maturity and at the right time with zero impact on the people and environment. And, I didn't tell you this!

My brother the answer is not far fetched, you have to ask yourself where was the so called minorities before 1914 when Nigeria was born? If we Biafrans failed becauseof the influence of those your refered as minorities, it means that they are not as helpless as you present them. Being minorities, who made them minorities? the British. Beacuse my population is bigger than yours doesn't qualify you as a minority.  

Why don't the English refers Welsh people as minorities. They are minorities becaue we said they are minorities. We should be bold enough and end the colonial experiment with all us regarding Nigeria. Because that is what the white man used us for- experiment!!

When the chick are down, when the ruling elite stop their spread of fear as propaganda, everybody can look around and decide their future either to be alone or to join someone with their eyes and ear wild open.

Before the white man came, we're all as individual nations lived our lives peacefully without the interferance of each other. We traded without any problem, it can still happen again when you stop spreading story of kill and bury and war. No one wants to fight. And those going on about war should tell us why they want to fight if someone don't want to marry you anymore?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Ibime, you dey crack my ribs oo, u wan make i laff die abi Ok o!

@Eziachi,
Let me thank you for bringing this thread alive. When I said minority, I meant the same minority definition that makes blacks minority in US and whites minority in South Africa. Its simply size of population and nothing like colonial experiment as I will not live in denial of that fact.

And that we have been living peacefully before the white man came is not totally correct. I don't know much of other tribes, but in Yorubaland we have had wars upon wars which had left bitter memories. One of the reasons why other tribes are quick to say yoruba people are lazy and cannot fight wars. No! Never!! not because of cowardice but because of stories passed down the generations on the aftermath of the series of wars which left Yorubaland devasted and almost in ruin.

I have just said there is need for proper planning before any secession bid and also said planning is in progress. Again, we are bidding the right time. I can give you more details if you care.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by ow11(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2008
Eziachi:

OW11,

The reason is well beyond just corrupt politicians now, it's natural progression that when you mature you seek independent for yourself and be able to determine for yourself, your destiny. The same reason, you have probably left you mum and dad find yourself a beautiful woman called your wife and start your own family.

You did not leave becuase your parents are corrupt or bad people, you left because it's the most natural thing in the world freedom.

How long would the split continue? would we continue to split until each village and town is a country? I believe Nigeria's major problem is corruption and poverty. If the leaders are sincere and things are done properly the issue of the tribe of the leader, number of states per tribe or free money would not even come up.Only deserving leaders would get into the office.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by BluMalam(m): 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2008
All talk, no action. Typical.

@ Ibime

The yorubas say "what an elder sees sitting down, a child on a tree will not see". You think because you have hit

intellectual maturity, you are the only one that has thought of seccesion? You and everyone on this thread knows we

are merely airing our opinions, until you get to the top, your opinion really doesn't matter.

Imagine the mess, unbridled show of shame that is the Truth & Reconciliation Commission holding in Rivers State &

beamed on national T.V. Commisioner and students playing "wayo" on each other over common scholarship - to

Malaysia of all places. You will sooner kill yourselves than form an independent state. Who is going to inhabit the yoruba

state when 40% of you are scattered around the world?
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by iseobio(m): 8:47am On Jul 26, 2008
Blu Malam:

All talk, no action. Typical.

@ Ibime

The yorubas say "what an elder sees sitting down, a child on a tree will not see". You think because you have hit

intellectual maturity, you are the only one that has thought of seccesion? You and everyone on this thread knows we

are merely airing our opinions, until you get to the top, your opinion really doesn't matter.

Imagine the mess, unbridled show of shame that is the Truth & Reconciliation Commission holding in Rivers State &

beamed on national T.V. Commisioner and students playing "wayo" on each other over common scholarship - to

Malaysia of all places. You will sooner kill yourselves than form an independent state. Who is going to inhabit the yoruba

state when 40% of you are scattered around the world?

I agree with you. If they seceede they will start serious in fighting. They should learn from their AD party. They are too greedy to be united. They are just making noise because it is they themselves that will betray each other. I have never seen such a tribe before. Diya joined Abacha to fight his brother,Obasanjo fought Bola Ige, Awolowo and the list goes on. They are always ready to kiss the feet of the Hausa/Fulani.

I was in the North when there was religious crises and after the crises was brought under controll most the Yoruba christians quickly converted to Islam so that they will not be killed. Even God they are not faithful to then how will they be faithful to themselves. Fear Fear People with Big Mouth.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by birdman(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2008
I agree with you. If they seceede they will start serious in fighting. They should learn from their AD party. They are too greedy to be united. They are just making noise because it is they themselves that will betray each other. I have never seen such a tribe before. Diya joined Abacha to fight his brother,Obasanjo fought Bola Ige, Awolowo and the list goes on. They are always ready to kiss the feet of the Hausa/Fulani.

I was in the North when there was religious crises and after the crises was brought under controll most the Yoruba christians quickly converted to Islam so that they will not be killed. Even God they are not faithful to then how will they be faithful to themselves. Fear Fear People with Big Mouth.

angry
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by birdman(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2008
this thread is like a pissing contest, nothing to be gained
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2008
@Iseobio
I was in the North when there was religious crises and after the crises was brought under controll most the Yoruba christians quickly converted to Islam so that they will not be killed.

Why would I convert to Islam after the crises have been brought under control?? Not even during the crises! Haba!! that makes no sense at all don't you think?? You sound as if you have deep-seated hatred against the Yorubas. Whatever, it is you have against them, I apologise on behalf of the whole tribe.

I don't know what part of the country u're from but definitely not Yoruba and North. You would agree with me that Yorubas are not perfect people, this is why there is room for improvement. I don't know if you guys are pefect in your part of Nigeria, please let me know
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2008
a
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by sleekdot(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2008
@Iseobio,

If you are from the east I must say you bunch are a (let me skip it) AD for Yoruba you can see how APGA is in unity.

Can you tell me about how Azikwe and Ojukwu were in agreement?

The cowardice of the Ibo man is legendary. In the history of this country Ibo's are always known to hustle for Vice Presidency.

In the first republic before the war. While Awlolowo stood alone ZIk went under Tafawa balawa as Ceremonial president what do you call that COWARDICE?

In the 2nd republic While Awolowo contested under the UPN, Alex Ekwueme and most Ibo's were contented with number 2 . What do you call that COWARDICE?

In the 3rd republic Phase 1 while Ciroma, Shinkafi, Yar'Adua and Falae were battling for Presidency where were the Ibo's? Probably Waiting for VP. COWARDICE?

In the phase 2 of the 3rd republic While Abiola and Tofa were battling it out you would wonder where the Ibo's were of course in their natural place behind an hausa man as Vice President they were ably represented by Sylvester Ugo. in the V.P role. While Abiola a yoruba man had a Northerner as Vice

In the 4th republic. OBJ and Falae contested and they both naturally had an Hausa man as Vice. Yorubas have always had them as vice anyways.

An hausa man can never have a Yoruba vice but are always comfortable with Ibo's as vice.

In this last one When it was time the South South came out forcefully with Duke, Ibori, Odili and co staking strong claims (ibo's were waiting for VP) The South South can't just be overlooked so they got number 2 for their efforts In the next 7 years we might have a South South president. You would now ask me what about Ibo's They have been relegated to number God knows what

Party Chairman I don't know how to place that

Yorubas have had a long standing relationship with the North which predates independence Old Oyo was In Niger State. But Ibos? Nobody know they Rumour has it that they lived on trees in the forest.

We heard about Zaria, Oyo empire, Benin, Opobo, Calabar-Mary Slessor. Who heard about Ibo cities/empires
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2008
@Sleekdot,

what if Iseobio is not Ibo? haba! e ma rora ooo.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by birdman(m): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2008
I don't know what part of the country u're from but definitely not Yoruba and North. You would agree with me that Yorubas are not perfect people, this is why there is room for improvement. I don't know if you guys are pefect in your part of Nigeria, please let me know
lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by aljharem(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
yorubas can not go anywhere angry angry angry

why would they want to leave there brothers in borno angry angry
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by bashr4: 9:27am On Dec 14, 2010
nobody is goin anywhere , you fought us for one nigeria now you want to go, it will never happen we will all die as nigerians
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2010
Now you guys know that when we decide to leave, nobody will stop us. Be it that no one likes us or that nobody dares, but we'll leave.

Let's all enjoy the oil for now. I just heard that Northerners don dig their own oil pit. . . .so the breakage will take a lil longer. PARDON US.

JK JK
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Pambegua(m): 11:07am On May 18, 2012
Crownvilla: If Nigeria splits into 3, 4, or 15 fiefdoms it will not make any difference unless the real issue of "corruption" is dealt with.

For instance, who will be the president of OODUA? Take your pick from OBJ, Bode George, Fayose, Oyinlola, Agagu. Tafa Balogun, Ehindero, Akala, Adedibu, Akinjide, Saraki (jr and snr), Tinubu, Olurin, and the beat goes on. It is very likely that the leader will come from that nasty lot or one of their imposed lackey boys.

I'm not sure if Oodua Investment company (wholly owned by Yoruba states) has made a decent profit in years. Ditto the Gateway Hotels. Catch my drift?
great! The same thing with ijaw, igbo,hausa/fulani etc.hahaha.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 18, 2012
Did i hear you say Kosovo? Kosovo remains the poorest,isolated and backward nation in the Balkan. Riddled by moslem fundamentalist with possible link to the Taliban, smuggling their way back to Albenia and serbia a nation they broke off. Kosovo was rejected by the European Union inspite of being situated at the Balkan region. Hunger and poverty is common and endermic in Kosovo. I put it to you that the pupported Myopic Oodu Republic wil be one of the grievious catastrophe in Africa if you model it after the ill fated Kosovo . It seems Yorubas have failed without even getting started
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by merge(f): 3:13pm On May 18, 2012
Too late for that nonsense. Years ago, Yoruba should have thought twice when they betrayed Igbos in the civil war.

Nigerians and Africans need to focus on fighting neocolonialism. Foreign countries are recolonizing Africa as we speak. Globalist Elite are planning to depopulate Africa population and take over the continent. Even worst to exterminate African people around the world. Stop Fighting each other. Face the real enemy of Africa progress.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2012
ow11:

How long would the split continue? would we continue to split until each village and town is a country? I believe Nigeria's major problem is corruption and poverty. If the leaders are sincere and things are done properly the issue of the tribe of the leader, number of states per tribe or free money would not even come up.Only deserving leaders would get into the office.

If Ijo republic intends to split into family or individual household, I guess it is an option and who gives a fig. When you talk about sincerity, does it include abandon property in Port Harcourt? I am not worried about disintegration of Nigeria, which is sure to come one fine day, but tinker about the hatred the continuous existence of Nigeria has created.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 3:42pm On May 18, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Now you guys know that when we decide to leave, nobody will stop us. Be it that no one likes us or that nobody dares, but we'll leave.

Let's all enjoy the oil for now. I just heard that Northerners don dig their own oil pit. . . .so the breakage will take a lil longer. PARDON US.

JK JK

Yes, no one would attempt to stop you because you suck to high heaven.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by joeyfire(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2012
;DThis fellow nailed it

Sabisabi: Nobody is going anywhere ok. The war that will follow will be too much. How many of una dey army here? You wan divide naija but you no wan fight. You stay USA and europe, but you dey pray make we dey here dey fight. Your head no correct. Only people who live in naija can decide this because its us who go fight. Dey go jare.
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 7:59pm On May 18, 2012
DeepZone:

Most of these tribes you mentioned are pseudo tribes and are under the Niger Delta. Ikweeree for sure are ibo; Itsekiri for sure are yorubas but either way, everybody is really tired. I'm preety sure that if the Biafran war starts again, the ibos/Biafrans will not stand alone again because what they forsaw in 1966, other southerners are just seeing it. If that war was to repeat itself again, i bet you the yoruba kingdom will declare their own republic before ojuwku finish their announcement and let me see how many factions the hausas will fight. These dudes are nothing but bloodsuckers, they only contribute to religious wars in Nigeria and nothing to the economy or general welfare. Do you know that if Nigeria eventually float a welfare system, they'll contribute to 80% of the beneficiaries? They are not in sports, academics, IT, entertainment, banking, research, technology or anything. Even the agriculture they attempt has been taken over by the yorubas. Ibos are in business, technology, sports, IT and finance recently ; Yorubas are in IT, academia, finance, research, agriculture, media etc. One more question, If the oil in the south dries up, do you think the northerners will not be the first to secede? Oil drying up in Naija may be our only hope to be free from these bloodsuckers. They are only relying on the distrust among the southern tribes to hold the power because they know that if they ever come together to secede or peacefully split into three(ie yoruba, ibo and ND) they are finished. The ibos for sure will not want to champion the secession crusade again, the Niger Deltans are afraid they cannot pull it off without help from either yoruba or ibo(ibos will be more helpful because they are close neighbours). The ibos may not want to be dragged into that because they just woke up from the past war besides, they may be afraid the ND's may back out when it's too late and if they don't get the yoruba support, there may be a problem.
you made sense,Oduduwas should stand tall and make it known to Nigeria/world that they want out from the union not talking from one side of your mouth nobody will take you serious cool cool
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2012
Ibime: Why are you giving excuse of the Isokos, Itsekiris, Ogonis, Kalabaris, Ikwerres, Binis, Ishans, Tivs, Nupes, Igalas and other minor groups as a reason for Nigeria staying together? Have you ever interviewed an Ikwerre man to know his views on the Nigeria project? I assure you 90% of the Ikwerres are in support of the Ibo view on seccession. I lived in Ikwerre land for extended periods in PH. Even as we speak, the Tivs are locked in an independence struggle. All this talk is excuses excuses. I have met people from almost all the tribes you have mentioned and none of them want to carry on this false relationship with the Hausa/Fulani. Ikwerre's are pseudo-Ibo's. Ogonis have absolutely no time for the Hausas. Kalabari's are Ijaw. Ishans are fully with the Niger-Delta as are the Itsekiris. The only tribes that may be negatively affected by a split are some of the middle belt tribes - and trust me, they will gladly join the South if given a choice. So please, Yoruba people, get your act together so we can cut these parasites off.
cool coolyoruba Muslims is holding the rest of the yorubas in ransom,yoruba christian are handicapped basically they dnt have say..
Re: Yoruba Emulate Kosovo - Want Out Of Nigeria by Pygru: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Jokers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage / If APC Wins Presidency 2015, I Will Cease To Be A Nigerian - Himkers / Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.