Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car (30713 Views)

Kogi APC In A Joyful Mood As Gov. Wada Win PDP Primary / Femi Akinsanya Walked-out Of Wrecked Plane Before It Caught Fire / Gov Wada Rejects Treatment Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by honey001(m): 11:21am On Dec 30, 2012
berem: Hmm! Ok i don learn another thing today. grin

U just earn my respect more.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by mu2sa2: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2012
megasoul: Na 4 9ja I dey hear say scorpion bite person shocked whereas na sting other countries own dey sting. Jeep is a product brand jst like Toyota, Nissan, BMW etc & not any SUV(sport utility vehicle) or HRV(high rising vehicle). cheesy
Maybe this kind of incongruity makes our country all the more interesting. i dont know about you, but if i'm out of this country for just a few days i get homesick- Why? I dont know!
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 30, 2012
honey001:

U just earn my respect more.
gracias!cheesy
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by blacksta(m): 11:40am On Dec 30, 2012
I dont call it JEEP or SUV . I simply call all them 4X4 even though many are two wheel drives
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by naptu2: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2012
The history of jeep. http://www.hemetjeepclub.com/Jeephistory/jeephistory.htm

In conclusion, it is right to write the Toyota jeep, but it is wrong to write the Toyota Jeep.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by knotty(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2012
Hey folks, can you stop celebrating ignorance no matter how blissful it pretends to be?
JEEP is not only a brand name, it is a generic name.
It is a valid English word listed in Collins, Chambers, Michael West dictionaries of the English world. It is also a valid Scrabble word and in Scrabble, we do not play Brand names.
Wait for it, JEEP is also a full fledged verb.
Stop jeeping about in half education, please.

Jeep noun
1 trademark a light military vehicle capable of travelling over rough country.
2 (often jeep) any similar vehicle.
ETYMOLOGY: 20c: from general-purpose vehicle.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by blacksta(m): 11:48am On Dec 30, 2012
knotty: Hey folks, can you stop celebrating ignorance no matter how blissful it pretends to be?
JEEP is not only a brand name, it is a generic name.
It is a valid English word listed in Collins, Chambers, Michael West dictionaries of the English world. It is also a valid Scrabble word and in Scrabble, we do not play Brand names.
Wait for it, JEEP is also a full fledged verb.
Stop jeeping about in half education, please.

Jeep noun
1 trademark a light military vehicle capable of travelling over rough country.
2 (often jeep) any similar vehicle.
ETYMOLOGY: 20c: from general-purpose vehicle.

Thanks Prof what about people calling all SUVs and Jeeps Four by Fours ( Is that one a scrabble word as well )
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by pak: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2012
Nigerians are wonderful people . . .

an accident occurred with a sitting Governor seriously wounded and reports of fatality.

And the major argument point is whether the car is a JEEP or an SUV. How caring !!!

I bet when we resolve that, we'll also try to find out what the Governor ate in the morning before the Journey, Garri or pounded yam ? and who cooked it, is it the first wife or second wife ?

Well anyway from my own point of view, that car looks like a volkswagen beetle ! So question is, how does that improve Wada's medical condition ?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by knotty(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2012
I don,t have any problem with people calling those cars SUVs, CUVs, 4x4.
call them what you wish but stop making all Nigerians ignorami just because of one incomplete knowledge. A dead clock is still accurate, at least, twice a day.
By the way, who say i be prof. grin
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2012
santakris: I don't believe why d driver of this jeep did not sustain any injury. What do u think.
na grace of God save am nah. Mek I digrace small sha, d motor get scrap value o
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by initiate: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2012
santakris: I don't believe why d driver of this jeep did not sustain any injury. What do u think.
he probably was the only one wearing a seat belt. d adc will be feeling cool that he is a police man so above the law
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: As Jeep be the first brand of SUV to hit the market...Lexus LX, Mercedes Benz ML, etc don turn Jeep

Likewise Gala be the first brand of Beef Sausage Roll to hit the market...Beefie, Bigi, Fill-Up, etc don automatically turn to Gala...

Meanwhile help me call dat boy wey dey hawk La Casera make I take push my Gala, sorry Beefie
you forgot to mention the best beef sausage roll in town, a.k.a “FIBI”

Port Harcourt Boy typing from First Artillery traffic[/quote]
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by cold(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
pak: Nigerians are wonderful people . . .

an accident occurred with a sitting Governor seriously wounded and reports of fatality.

And the major argument point is whether the car is a JEEP or an SUV. How caring !!!

I bet when we resolve that, we'll also try to find out what the Governor ate in the morning before the Journey, Garri or pounded yam ? and who cooked it, is it the first wife or second wife ?

Well anyway from my own point of view, that car looks like a volkswagen beetle ! So question is, how does that improve Wada's medical condition ?
You honestly expect us to feel sympathy towards someone who practically chases other commuters off the road,blaring their sirens and swerving dangerously from side to side?You got jokes pal

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Horlawoomey(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
Please please please Don't get me confused here. If SUV is ( sport utility vehicle ) What of RAV ? And CRV ?
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by fasbat(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
ijigbamigb: I read somewhere that the driver was killed instantly.
No! The driver was not reported dead but d ADC left ds sinful world.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by knotty(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Why should i or any Nigerian care about all these thieving leeches? When all they do is suck the blood of the people they are supposed to govern, why should anyone grieve over their losses?

The circle of alienation is coming full swing. Soon, they will feel the contaminated venom of the people. Until then, let them continue to reap misfortunes. they don,t care about us, why should we care about them.

The doofus in ArsseHole Rock even said we Nigerians are the cause of accidents and all myriads of problems in the country. His petroleum minister echoed the same sentiments that Nigerians are responsible for petrol Scarcity.

Very well, one day, one day, the proverbial monkey will stroll to the market. He will not walk back home.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
The face page is no more about the accident but jeep. Did any one see the back tire?
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by COOLDUN: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
jamace: Is this the bulletproofed jeep? Na wa o! shocked shocked

It is only a bullet proof jeep, but not an accident proof jeep. This sounds a note to the rulers that the white men have not yet invented a death proof technology. Let them continue to torment the masses with their harsh economic policies which only enrich them alone. All the millions spent on the Lexus Jeep is gone like that with the life of the poor driver. Shame to Nigeria and its rulers.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by adedotman5(m): 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
alstacs:

Nigerians don tire me oh. This is a country where all toothpastes are McCleans and all SUVs are JEEPS.
God go help Nigerian English. grin
LOL,And all seasoning/cooking cubes are maggi,all noodles are indomies.Naija I hail o
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by pak: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: The face page is no more about the accident but jeep. Did any one see the back tire?

You have a point here bro,

of all the rebuttals here, yours was the most intelligent.

I wish more young Nigerians will think and respond like this especially on NL.

However, to those rejoicing at their misfortune, except you have a documented or personal grievance against Wada, the ADC (who lost his life) and the driver, you should remember that what goes around comes around.

I know next to nothing about kogi politics, neither do I have anything against the people involved, so I find it alarming and saddening that people will just come in here and start 'rejoicing' about the death of someone they don't know.

Almost all Nigerians have at least an extended family relative in one position of power or the other (in fact, in a way, we are all leaders). I am against bad leadership but I can't just start wishing people ill because of their position in society without having any knowledge of their track record. Remember that some of us typing on NL today might be elevated by God to prominent leadership positions tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Listener10: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
bobobabe: @ OP, this is not jeep, this is LEXUS SUV.
dont claim to be too known everytime.this is what i got 4 you from wikipedia 'The term ( SUV)is not used in all
countries, and outside North
America the terms "off-road
vehicle", "four-wheel drive" or
"four-by-four" (abbreviated to
"4WD" or "4×4"wink or simply use of the brand name to describe
the vehicle like "Jeep" or "Land Rover" are more common- Wikipedia
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Babaji111(m): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Msh! Nigerian, is it SUV OR JEEP the subject or we pray for the governor and wish him well. May God have mercy on the departed souls. Goodluck, more good roads please. Anyways, even the air is not save now. May God help naija.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Listener10: 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
see oversabi
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
JideTheBlogger: @OP so, you want us to tell u that the driver used jazz abi?

Most modern SUVs are built to basically hug the road and are therefore packed with a lot of safety features. I'm sure the occupants would have survived if they had seat belts on.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Donmichaelz(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
berem: Who cares? As long as it has 4 big tyres,V8 engine and a capacity of 7 passengers,na Jeep e be. tongue
wow u knw car's alot hope ur dad has 1
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by yam: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
I think this says it all.

Anrea Pirlo of Juventus is player of the yr.

Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
berem: Who cares? As long as it has 4 big tyres,V8 engine and a capacity of 7 passengers,na Jeep e be. tongue

Na lie,it is called OKWUOTOEKENEZE...or simply OKWUOTO...
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by fitzmayowa: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
Is it me or something, another northern governor involved in an auto crash. May God save northern governors. Amen
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by fitzmayowa: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
fitzmayowa: Is it me or something, another northern governor involved in an auto crash. May God save northern governors. Amen
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2012

Okay..
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
ogasir2011:

Please what is the diffrence Jeep and SUV?

JEEP is a car brand or the name of a car maker just like TOYOTA and NISSAN or PEUGEOT.

They are makers of a popular luxury SUV popular years back in Naija. So Nigerians now refer to every SUV shaped car as JEEP.
Re: Picture Of Gov. Wada's Wrecked Car by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
J12:

Land cruiser, Highlander, Hummer, Pathfinder, Mercedes ML and GL, Lexus Rx, Ford Expedition etc

You are mixing things up. JEEP is a ''brand'' and Landcruiser isnt a brand but a ''model'' in the TOYOTA brand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanusi’s N250m Property: Kano Gov’t Demands Monarch’s Acct No For N4.5M Payment / Jonathan, Wike, Others Pay Tributes To Lulu Briggs At Final Burial / Abia: Alex Otti Commissions Emelogu, Shallom And Cemetery Roads In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.