Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

GRE And TOEFL Examinations - Educational Services (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / GRE And TOEFL Examinations (63639 Views)

Does Passing GRE And TOEFL Guarantee A Scholarship? / Toefl, Sat, Gre And Gmat Tutorials, Admissions/scholarship And Visa To Us. / Proffesional Examinations (toefl, Gmat, Sat Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by vodkat: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2007
How much does it cost .via credit card
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by jidody(m): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2007
True the easiest way is to pay by credit card online but the website clearly states that credit card payments would not be accepted for candidates paying online from NIGERIA.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by whiteNkem(f): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2007
vodkat:

How much does it cost .via credit card

last year it was around $150 , but you find all the information necessary on the website. Why not look there for accurate info?
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2007
i recommend barrons gre.that book will take you thru everything nitty gritty.
also, you can download the latest version of GRE test prep software from their site.you can also troll the net fro free sample online tests.you MUST practice with the computer, if you intend to take an online test.its very tiring reading from a pc screen under exam conditions. if you live in lag, goto bookshop house, CMS. they sell enough gre books around the corner(not at the shop) i bought a stack back in 2003, (mostly 1500 each) .you can also go to yaba .you should find the book with actual GRE tets for 1500-2000.you will search hard, though.

toefl-if you've jacked for gre verbal, toefl will be a piece of cake.

i had 1430 too (710 quant, 720 verbal ,5/6 logical (shame on me -an elect engineer! grin)
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by djking(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2007
I am doing my NYSC here in Abuja. I want to register for the GRE but don't know how to pay; can anyone help with registration and preparation?djking(08056224592)
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Consultant(f): 4:54am On May 02, 2007
I run a website through which I provide admisison advice to Nigerian students and I also help with GRE, GMAT and TOEFL registration. See my website for details. The links you need are:
http://www.usastudyinfo.com
http://www.usastudyinfo.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=27

Several people on nairaland have used my services, here are a few threads about it.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8174.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12305.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13493.0.html
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by chrisso(m): 5:21am On May 03, 2007
I reside in Jos and I intend putting in for GRE.
I heard that they have a representative office in Lagos where payments can be made to.
If false, how could I sort out payment issues from my base.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by KoolEmcee: 4:02pm On May 03, 2007
Hi, consultant, u sound very well informed and i'm impressed

'consultant' pls can u help me with a few question:

1. Is it better to take TOEFL or IELTS. Which is better for uk, US and Canadian schools
2. What do u need to prepare for GRE, TOEFL and IELTS
3. Can I get ur mail address (cos i know u'll not give me ur phone number). Mine is emcee2k6@gmail.com.

I sincerely anticipate ur helping me with these, cos that'll make u the 'kool' 'consultant'
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Consultant(f): 4:05pm On May 04, 2007
Hi, consultant, u sound very well informed and i'm impressed

'consultant' please can u help me with a few question:

1. Is it better to take TOEFL or IELTS. Which is better for uk, US and Canadian schools
2. What do u need to prepare for GRE, TOEFL and IELTS
3. Can I get your mail address (because i know u'll not give me your phone number). Mine is emcee2k6@gmail.com.

I sincerely anticipate your helping me with these, because that'll make u the 'kool' 'consultant'

I don't have much experience with the IELTS but those who have taken it tell me that the toefl is easier. In the US and Canada, the toefl is the more accepted exam but if you are applying to a school in the UK, you may want to take the IELTS.

Like someone said earlier, there are tons of books out there and you can buy them in Nigeria. I personally recommend Kaplan because the questions are usually harder than the actual exam, so in a way they over prepare you. I have also heard that Barron's is very good. If you have additional questions, you can email me at contactus@usastudyinfo.com.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by mathways(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2007
oyb,
Bros,men be cool.You hot!!!You crossed the 700 mark in the verbal.Accept my congrats,men.I'm a telecomms engr major in my junior yr and will be writing the GRE sometime in summer.The verbal brings down my score always-probably because I've been in Russia for too long.If you are confident of anything above 600 on the verbal,I'll recommend you retake the GRE so as to boost your quant score as thats most important when it comes to engr grauate schools esp elect/elect where you are expected to have a high aptitute in quantitaive analysis.A high score in quant in your case might make you more qualified for some oustanding fellowships.My Kudos once again for that great verbal score--it rocks me off my feet.I rarely advance above 550 in my preparatory tests.
I'm using the GRE Barron.Though haven't yet gone through it,getting used to the 3000+ new words is really proving hectic.Can you suggest what I can do to get used to such a huge list?The quant aint no problem--I'm always getting above the 780 range--hope same it's gonna apply in the real exams.
Where you applying for graduate studies?Guess you are a fall'08 applicant .Maybe we can rub hands together during the application come fall.My best wishes,boy.Holla!!
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Nobody: 11:09am On May 11, 2007
thank you. cheesy
what i'd recommend is reading.lots of it.prefrably magazines like time, newsweek, the economist. (thats what one of the GRE books recommended).
as to the list,
what i did (this was back in 2003, so i can't remember precisely), but i beleive i wrote down up to 50-100 words a day on a sheet of paper, and referred to them over and over again. unfortunately, d grad thingy didn't quite work out . . .
undecided.

on hold for now. smiley
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Nunustic(f): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2007
pls i would like to register for gre but i don know how. I just moved to lagos. kindly help me
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by eyejae(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2007
Is touche a genuine testing agency? If so, why has college board advised Nigerians not to test with touche? It happened that those who took the June 2 SAT I and II with touche had their scores held by college board. And touche has been fabricating one story or the other as to why they cannot give a refund!

What's even the more annoying is that I paid touche $500 for the TOEFL whereas I found out the cost was only $140.

I think touche limited must be crooks, and all the complaints I heard about them points to this fact.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Eyohimself(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2007
$500 for TOEFL? Great hoodwinking by Touche !!! Sorry for being treated that harsh.

Next time, you'll show them you can gull them.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by eyejae(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2007
Thanks, Eyo, for your input.

Things would've been just fine if one could make direct online transactions with most foreign exam boards. Lately, I discovered that those crooks will not administer the test; so all they did at $500 was register me for TOEFL! I just hope I don't read another post containing credits to Touche LTD.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by rachiwise(f): 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hi guys,
i would like to know if Eduworld International in Opebi Lagos is reliable for the GRE and TOEFL examsi am trying to advice a friend on this exams issue.has anyone done the exms with them.

i realised they are cheaper than Touche and co.

Help it is urgent!!!!
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by eldee(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2007
just go to MET in lekki
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Gloriauche: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2007
HI, AM QUITE NEW TO THIS TOEFL, GRE AND GMAT THING, BUT I WANT TO TAKE THE GRE OR GMAT B4 THIS YEAR RUNS OUT.
PLEASE I NID U GUYS TO HELP ME WITH TEXTBOOK NAMES, WEBPAGES AND ANY OTHER STUFF THAT WOULD HELP SPEEDEN UP MY PREPARATIONS AND GETTING A VERY HIGH SCORE.
IF ANYONE HAS MATERIALS TO SEND TO ME PLEASE DO SO TO juglo4u@yahoo.com or call me on 01-2791171
I'D BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP.
THANKS ALOT NAIRALANDERS
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by rachiwise(f): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2007
@eldee thanks but u didntt give much info.like where MET is?wat they do there?fees?how efficient?any testimonies

@gloriauche
All the best!!!
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by geotherm: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2007
I wrote TOEFL(CBT) June 27 2005, i and i lost my copy of the result to "One Chance" in Abuja with other Original documents. Now a school in Germany is demanding for the copy and deadline is 15th Oct. 2007. How do i get another copy? PleeesE Somebody help!!!!!!!!
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Consultant(f): 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2007
I have just opened my office in Lagos this month to handle GRE, TOEFL and GMAt registration. We also have books on sale. The address is 1st floor, Aret Adams House, 233 Ikorodu Road (after Town Planning), Lagos, Nigeria. Phone: 01-7432044; 0803-063-0697. You can also check out the website www.sharperedgeltd.com, as well as my other site www.usastudyinfo.com.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by stevoddy(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2007
Please guys I really need a clarification and where it is needed, I'm talking about SAT and TOEFL please help. Because I'm trying to write SAT Exam and I want to get a score that will give me scholarship , please is there any tips or idea on how to go about it.

Urgent please , thanks.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by dejoning(m): 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2007
i want to take the exams for jan. 2008 and i need someone who has done it recently to tell me about the exams and registering. and if u have got some tactics on the test, u can as well do me and every other person good replying me. if there is any further infomation u want to give, u can contact me on 017448530. am waiting, javascript:void(0);
Huh
i need someone to talk to on GRE test.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by dejoning(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2007
i want to take the exams for jan. 2008 and i need someone who has done it recently to tell me about the exams and registering. and if u have got some tactics on the test, u can as well do me and every other person good replying me. if there is any further infomation u want to give, u can contact me on 017448530. am waiting, Huh
Huh
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by ernal(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2007
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by ekyblue: 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2008
Please i want to know where i can get adresses of GMAT/GRE Examination centres in Abuja.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Mesef1: 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Nunustic,

Go to GRE website; www.gre.org. When you are about to register for the test on-line, the site will show you a list of available test centres by dates and location worldwide.

But i think there is/are only one/two test centres for GRE in Nigeria. Firstlogic at Oba Akran, Ikeja-Lagos and i guess another one in Abuja that i don't really know.

There are more than one for GMAT in Lagos; Bitass in Lekki and others that i don't really know. The website info will be very accurate. see www.gmat.org or you can access both websites (GRE and GMAT) via links at www.ets.org.

Good luck
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by hammao: 9:27am On Mar 14, 2008
oga consultant, i intend to write GRE and TOEFL by may please i will need your coaching please. where is the best center to register,  embarassed
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2008
theres a TOEFL centre at BODIJA and Liberty Road, in ibadan,
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by chrisibu(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2008
u can get links to 20 scholarship sites at http://hubpages.com/hub/scholarshiplinks
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by ibrahim007: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2008
Hello everyone,i intend taking the gre test soon and i've started preparing.I'm using th ets practice test material.Will that be enough for it.Pls advice me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

STUDY IN REPUBLIC OF BENIN,COTONOU 2016/2017 ENROLLMENT / Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores / Free sponsorship for your Education Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.