Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers (16156 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / How I Dealt With A Female Gold Digger.........(PHOTOS) / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 4:50am On Dec 31, 2012
anitank:
Do they specify by using "some" or "most" whenever they come here to bash "Nigerian Girls"........Yeah that hurts too

That is the problem with us my dear... The fact that they make the mistake of generalizing, does that mean you will join them? Can two wrongs ever make a right? Even those who happen to generalize, people do highlight such places and inquire for corrections as it would be very wrong. Inductive logic or reasoning cannot hold on here, take note of that.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 5:53am On Dec 31, 2012
dmcdad: Wow... This got me ruminating... Op, in as much as you are right in most of the points you outlined, yet, there are some iota if not more than that of fallacy as regards this piece of yours. I would agree to some extent that men are one of the contributing factors that tends to spoil a lot of women with the all-money mentality today, but even at that, men are not entirely to be blamed.

Agreed.

dmcdad: What happens if a girl is the principled and very disciplined type that doesn't get gifts just anyhow? In as much as men get you gifts every now and then is not a yardstick for you to base your aim of going into a relationship or whatever on money. That would be a misconception. Yes! I agree a lot of men flaunt these stuffs to trip them girlz, but even at that, a lady who knows her worth hook, line and sinker cannot be bought no matter what.

Yes and No. It all depends on the strength of the lady to resist the temptation. In anything and everything humans can be persuaded. Otherwise we wouldnt bother with arguments, talk shows, protests, especially media which plays a big part in framing peoples mindset. Let me ask you a question wasn't it media that promoted gold digging and the flaunting of wealth? What makes you think that the human perceptions can not be altered?

dmcdad: The fact that the last three men a girl dated gave her gifts it's not or should not be a yardstick for her to be requesting from the current boyfriend. Tell me, if a guy comes on here to give a complaint as regards how a girl dumped him or something, and how he had suffered similar fate from the past three relationships he had been, and because of that he decides to generalize that all girls are the same, what would you say? I presume your answer would be that, despite the fact that three or four girls did hurt him, that is not to say that every other girl will hurt him. Gbam! This is contrary to what you said. Like you said, because she had dated three guyz probably her past three dates), that did buy her gifts and stuffs, that means she would also expect that from the current guy. This would be very wrong because it would mean generalizing that all guys are indebted to act as such. Do you catch my drift?

I would not blame him because as humans it is normal for us to become defensive if we keep experiencing pain. That fact that he is generalizing that all women are the same doesnt make it true however due to his experience he has come to that conclusion. Like i said, it's all in the mind. YES the same thing can apply to female. Haven't you heard of girls who like to be beaten by their male partners because they associate it with love. Twisted right? Thats the mind for ya....

dmcdad: Men like to show off quite alright, but you and I know very well that, there are few (rare gems) that you can't flaunt your wealth for and succeed. You would agree with me right? Now, this means that, the fact that a man flaunts what he has is not enough reason for you to have that fishy kinda mindset that the guy is suppose to pay or be an office to you.Do you think it's enough reason to tell you that I was unfaithful with you blah blah blah due to the fact that I saw a woman on the street who was unclad? Would you accept that as good enough reason to justify my unfaithfulness? C'mon! I know it plays a role in the seduction game, but that is not an excuse to be unfaithful, right? Same applies in that assertion of yours.

Agreed! I didnt state this as a fact. I said if a man flaunts women get the perception that... you have the money and want to spend it. Just as if a girl dresses and behaves like a s.lut the man get the perception that she is cheap and easy.

dmcdad: In a nutshell, in as much as I agree with you that men play a contributing role in helping to shape the minds of a lot of girls today, that is not to say the men are entirely to blame because it is still up to the girls involved to choose to fall or not. After all, there are girls that will NEVER receive any gift from you, no matter what you get them. Are these same set of girls not humans? Or do you want to deny the fact that they do exist?

Agreed. Good for those girls but we are not the majority. All my friends think im crazy. I still think that men are more responsible. It started with a man giving, it would end when men stop giving. You have to understand that women love to receive (and thats OK) but a line must be drawn, if men do not draw the line women would be happy not to?

dmcdad: Bottom line: Men are not to blame for female gold-diggers but the females involved. Men play a contributing part in flaunting or offering gifts or the likes, but it is always at the disposal of the said women to accept or not.

It is natural and OK for women to accept. Men have to draw the line when it comes to flaunting and giving. I personally would not tell a lady not to receive when given because its natural for women to do so. undecided
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=Goldieluks][/quote] wetin b una own with film sef...its nt real...stop getti fake blvs bhind d screen
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by try69: 6:17am On Dec 31, 2012
Blame your stupid nollywood movie makers also! No leading male character in nollywood movies end up poor especially the ones that must have had a relationship gone bad because of a material gurl or an aristo snatching his babe..rubbish movies

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 31, 2012
If they is no gold digging, ugly folks would be deprived of d beautifull 1c......no spoil bizness 4 sme pple o........as i fine so,i no d spend moni 2 get "u knw wat", it comes as a free gift of nature...sme even bring thnksgiving gifts afta d events grin
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by usermane(m): 6:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

I wish you guys will read the whole thing before you comment. I said some... and that it was increasing. I didn't say all. The problem here is, it is becoming an epidemic and would continue to increase if something doesn't change it may even become a norm. Like any other the thing it can become a culture as it continues to grow and it would be harder and harder to find guy who don't flaunt their wealth and girls who don't gold dig.
The tip of the iceberg is men aren't looking for the nice girl,they are looking out soley for beauty. A lot of men are so superficial that they value looks far above manners on their scale of preference. And since a lot of men are after just one beautiful girl at a time,each man tend to see his wealth as an ace in hole to lure the lady to him. Hence the girl is surrounded by gold mines and have no choice but to dig and mine from the largest mine deposit.
In short, unless we guys become less superficial we might just have to endure the gold diggers.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 6:33am On Dec 31, 2012
agabasam: If they is no gold digging, ugly folks would be deprived of d beautifull 1c......no spoil bizness 4 sme pple o........as i fine so,i no d spend moni 2 get "u knw wat", it comes as a free gift of nature...sme even bring thnksgiving gifts afta d events grin

Lmao ... in ur dreamzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by vanstanzy(m): 6:46am On Dec 31, 2012
all-out:

You're taking a mid position not really committing yourself! Well my conclusion was for the guys to avoid the morally bankrupt and classless sisters! wink
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Lmao ... in ur dreamzzzzzzzzzzzz...
grin grin aw u wish grin lols...... I dnt lie nah...med sch hs calmed me down sha....lif z a stage...
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 6:51am On Dec 31, 2012
agabasam: grin grin aw u wish grin lols...... I dnt lie nah...med sch hs calmed me down sha....lif z a stage...

Go to sleep dear so u can keep dreaming about ur goodlooks.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 6:52am On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:
The tip of the iceberg is men aren't looking for the nice girl,they are looking out soley for beauty. A lot of men are so superficial that they value looks far above manners on their scale of preference. And since a lot of men are after just one beautiful girl at a time,each man tend to see his wealth as an ace in hole to lure the lady to him. Hence the girl is surrounded by gold mines and have no choice but to dig and mine from the largest mine deposit.
In short, unless we guys become less superficial we might just have to endure the gold diggers.

Hmmmm undecided Well said wink
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Go to sleep dear so u can keep dreaming about ur goodlooks.
av gat 2 rush 2 skul..wia do u stay...seems like gud luk z a myth dia...lols....sme ladies dig gud luks....i remenbr 1 dt gts gift 4r ha male pals n gv me in ma yr 1....gud luks z gd bzness......
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2012
agabasam: av gat 2 rush 2 skul..wia do u stay...seems like gud luk z a myth dia...lols....sme ladies dig gud luks....i remenbr 1 dt gts gift 4r ha male pals n gv me in ma yr 1....gud luks z gd bzness......

Skool... on new yrs eve? Im in australia. Where about are you? Goodluck with ya bizness btw. lol grin grin
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by caesaraba(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2012
agabasam: ....sme ladies dig gud luks....

(Almost) everyone digs good looks. Men and women alike. That said, experience has taught me that although the beauty of the 'container' matters, the content of said 'container' matters more.

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2012
caesaraba:

(Almost) everyone digs good looks. Men and women alike. That said, experience has taught me that although the beauty of the 'container' matters, the content of said 'container' matters more.

smiley
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Skool... on new yrs eve? Im in australia. Where about are you? Goodluck with ya bizness btw. lol grin grin
gr8 den...am hia in Nigeria.....am nt going 4 lectures...jst 2 clerk sme1....wishing u d best in 2013
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 7:22am On Dec 31, 2012
agabasam: gr8 den...am hia in Nigeria.....am nt going 4 lectures...jst 2 clerk sme1....wishing u d best in 2013

Lol . Have fun
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

smiley
truth...
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Lol . Have fun
lols...: only if i av anytn 2 prove 2 ya.......
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Ferdinandu(m): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2012
obu igu ka Ewu na eso .simple you can't take it another way
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 8:29am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

Agreed.

Yes and No. It all depends on the strength of the lady to resist the temptation. In anything and everything humans can be persuaded. Otherwise we wouldnt bother with arguments, talk shows, protests, especially media which plays a big part in framing peoples mindset. Let me ask you a question wasn't it media that promoted gold digging and the flaunting of wealth? What makes you think that the human perceptions can not be altered?

I would not blame him because as humans it is normal for us to become defensive if we keep experiencing pain. That fact that he is generalizing that all women are the same doesnt make it true however due to his experience he has come to that conclusion. Like i said, it's all in the mind. YES the same thing can apply to female. Haven't you heard of girls who like to be beaten by their male partners because they associate it with love. Twisted right? Thats the mind for ya....

Agreed! I didnt state this as a fact. I said if a man flaunts women get the perception that... you have the money and want to spend it. Just as if a girl dresses and behaves like a s.lut the man get the perception that she is cheap and easy.

Agreed. Good for those girls but we are not the majority. All my friends think im crazy. I still think that men are more responsible. It started with a man giving, it would end when men stop giving. You have to understand that women love to receive (and thats OK) but a line must be drawn, if men do not draw the line women would be happy not to?

It is natural and OK for women to accept. Men have to draw the line when it comes to flaunting and giving. I personally would not tell a lady not to receive when given because its natural for women to do so. undecided

Good and fine... Media played a massive role in promoting gold-digging and the likes, but even at that it's not enough reason to change your perception. If it does change your perception, then it means you never had a mind of your own, or you are not strong-willed. Now let me ask you... Do you really think people's perception are suppose to metamorphose due to the media? If this were the case, are you saying there is now a justifiable reason for someone to be immoral, since the media is promoting immorality? Now, what I am insinuating is that, even though people's way of seeing things can be altered by the media, I still stand on the fact that, that is not to justify their misdeed of any sought.

You see! Another thing you pointed out from the outset is that, women love to receive right? why is it then that MOST women today are stingy? This is a fact. Don't argue that with me. Now if men are guilty of making them love money , gifts and stuffs, are the men the ones to blame that MOST women are way too stingy?

You kept stating that it's natural for a lady to receive gifts blah blah blah.... Where did you get that from? Where was it written? In the Corpus of Revelation (The Bible)? C'mon! Enough of this; they naturally love gifts and it's natural for them to do so... I do propose that, girls should learn to hold themselves. If you must collect gifts from someone, make sure the reason for collecting such gift is justifiable. I had someone sometime ago that didn't allow me to give her gifts, but she loved giving me gifts to me... She collected gifts on some few occasions, but she made sure they were not expensive stuffs else, she would have rejected them pronto...

My dear... There is need for people to discipline themselves... Let's tell ourselves the truth... With what the media is propagating, my level of morality should have been at a low ebb, but because I can seldom be influenced negatively, that is why no matter what the media disseminate, no matter the number of unclad women I see, or no matter the level of people's remiss attitudes towards whatever they do, I yet remain the one I am because I cannot be influenced just anyhow and I don't look for meagre ways to justify whatever I do, all because I need to throw the blame at something... It's high time we started taking the blame for our failings.

Do have a nice time...
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by kaboninc(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

How's it baseless?? And when are women going to start taking responsibilities for their actions??

So, because I spend my money on myself to live an expensive lifestyle, that means women have to gold dig me, no?? If men are to be blamed for women being gold diggers, then women are to be blamed for men being casanovas(promiscuous)... Because women are willing tools in the act as well..

Most women want a lifestyle they can't afford and their only "means" to that "end" is the opposite sex, yet they want to blame men for that inglorious stupidity - pathetic!

So on point!

@Op. I think we should start redefining how we look at issues. Just as there are female gold diggers, there are also male gold diggers. And everyone, I mean the society is responsible for it.

Do you know that there are so many ladies out there who would rather take a fish rather than being taught how to fish? Even those who have jobs, do you even know how they work? By how I mean if the have a goal or a focus and their orientation. And even those who champion the talk about being independent, they really do not want to be independent.

So we should look at solving these problems instead of finding faults and trading blames. That's what makes you a better person.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by dmcdad: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:

We guys Now you are generalizing because it's what you do... I can NEVER do that no matter what. Anyone that is not willing to accept me the way I am, should board the next available flight to HELL... Gosh!!!
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

See what i mean... undecided @DJX50 is money all you have to offer a girl u think is beautiful. Think about something else that is valuable about you and let that be what you use to draw women to you. Fortunately, i don't have a price set on me. Thanks for the offer though tongue.

Ok, my magic stick is faaaarrrr more valuable than money.
Its really magical n works wonders....
Would that draw you to me then? grin
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by victorD3: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2012
GEJ and Boko Haram are to be blamed for gold Digging cheesy
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by mrczar(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2012
baby_mama:

Amen o

If I were single and searching at this stage of my life,I would even marry a super rich man without a functional blokoss kpa kpa and dig that gold of his grin grin
Money is good to have

Who wants to hop on Okada from place to place? grin grin
Is it not fellow human beings that are vacationing in Dubai and London and France?

Am sorry 4 u, but most sorry 4 d soul dat has put a ring on ur finger.

3 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by djeezy(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2012
@op, nice thread but i sorta have a dissenting view. Both parties are to be blamed but chiefly the women who stoop so low to be enticed by material things. There is no gainsaying that there are some women who are not into gold digging, so why don't the other women take a leaf out of their book? If some women will stop gold digging and the moment the men realises that displaying of material things does not have effect on women, things will change. Remember men do not force women to accept, however they are constituting factor. What happened to 100% independent women?
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by faceit: 9:06am On Dec 31, 2012
there r so many ladies dat i v met dat doesnt ask for anytin from any man...they work and doesnt want to b trample upon by men dat think all women r gold diggers....as if dey r even billionaires in d first place...rubbish

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by anitank(f): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2012
dmcdad:

That is the problem with us my dear... The fact that they make the mistake of generalizing, does that mean you will join them? Can two wrongs ever make a right? Even those who happen to generalize, people do highlight such places and inquire for corrections as it would be very wrong. Inductive logic or reasoning cannot hold on here, take note of that.
Yes sire! Note taken
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2012
@Dmcdad... Point taken. Thanks
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2012
faceit: there r so many ladies dat i v met dat doesnt ask for anytin from any man...they work and doesnt want to b trample upon by men dat think all women r gold diggers....as if dey r even billionaires in d first place...rubbish

Yes we all know that dear. That's why we didn't say all, we same some.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
DJX50:

Ok, my magic stick is faaaarrrr more valuable than money.
Its really magical n works wonders....
Would that draw you to me then? grin

No thanks. I don't want your magic stick. I only accept magic sticks from men who have brains and of course heart. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Experience This Before (photo) / Looking Into Your Partner's Eyes - What Do You See? / Nigerian Lady Showcase Her Hot Backside (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.