Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:34 AM

How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (11999 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / APC Senator-elect Have Now Reduced To 58 • How PDP Can Win / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by emron1(m): 10:02am On Jan 02, 2013
Aderostock:
Good intention bad policy!
By the way, who told you we are not enjoying ACN? Can't you be logical or reasonable for once that okada ban in some selected routes has done more good than harm? Can you compare LASU with any state university in Nigeria even though I believe the fees should be reduced? Please answer my questions
I wonder what you mean by comparing lasu with other state university.do you mean that it is the best. Cause if it were it would have been the most sought after state university, but that's Not the case as that title goes to imsu. get ur facts right dude.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by doublecross(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2013
I am Happy with some comments here so far. God forbid PDP. The poster must be a PDP Fan trying to know what views Nigerians Hold. As a matter of fact, Nigerians will not vote again. be it PDP, ACN and the rest of them. On the day of election, we Nigerians would be at home. It's a pity nigerians don't learn. It's so obvious that all the electoral candidates are all out for the same selfish aim and it's a pity some useless fellow still go out to vote. If it were to be in the other societies, i am sure no soul would come out to vote. This should be the same bold steps Nigerians should take. Lets deliberate on the dubious act these leaders have taken so far to get the silly and stupid Nigerians to vote.
1) They make promises, offer Money and other valuables like, Transformers and the rest of them.
2) they issue voters cards that can be used for banking transactions in other to get Nigerians to vote on that day. ( Everyone will like to have this card as a result, will eventually vote thereby making the card to be in Favour of the crazy politicians)

so many things to say but for now, i will sit-back, relax and fold my arms.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by ypzilanti: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2013
PDP at the national level is not development oriented. period. The lack of vision and brazen squandermania and looting at national level will always prevent PDP from winning in Lagos. this is because the Lagos state voters are sophisticated and educated compared to the hinterlands in Nigeria.

That said, Lagosians are fed up with ACN due to percieved Tinubu pay-offs, but largely respect Fashola. Most lagosians recognize and like his administrative ability, but he does not conjour love in the manner of the best types of natural politicians.

Labour Party is not a serious organisation. If they were, they should have since started trying to provide a 2nd option for lagosians. maybe they do realize their potential inlagos politics but lack the funds to prosecute thier campaigns. In the end money matters in politics.

An alternative, if PDP is really serious in winning Lagos state is that they make the minister of works a lagosian, and use him to pump in major infrastructral projects inside lagos. They can then give the guy visibility, and promote him to contest in next election. nigerians largely vote for personalities and not parties.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by earthgreeners(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: PDP governors in Akwa IBOm and Cross River States transformed those states. Its more about the individual politicians and the determination. Should PDP in Lagos field a new blood of candidate with excellent track record, then it will better for Lagos than the Present beaches thieving, land-ripping, toll-collecting, Lasu fee heigtening, Hotels building, drug pushing, and IGR pocketing cabals headed by the Lion of Bourdillon, the King of Fraud.

See this one oooo
U tink Lagosians are gonna vote for the person and not the party....
**I laugh like a man wtout shoes
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2013
lateef4me: There is no doubt that lagosians especially the middle class and lower class are fed of Fashola and his anti -mass policies and programmes which has rendered many people penniless to the delight of his godfather ,Bola Tinubu .

From aggrieved medical doctors,to many displaced traders and okada riders to LASU students who could no longer afford to pay their school fees,the list is endless of aggrieved lagosians who will not want to see another Fashola returns to Alausa come 2015 .

Now,to be sincere with ourselves,ACN cannot be compared to PDP when it comes to performances especially in southwest . Most of the governors PDP has given us has performed so woefully and this has given ACN some confidence that they now has SW in their pockets .

These are what I think PDP can do to win Lagos come 2015 :

1. Present Jimi Agbaje as their candidate.

2.Mobilize support for him with likes of Obanikuro,Femi Pedro,Mamora and also woo some aggrieved ACN candidates to their side .

3. Make consultations with okada riders associations,medical unions and other trade unions who has felt negative impacts of ACN led administration.

4. Draw up a blueprint for higher institutions in Lagos and make promise towards reducing LASU school fee.

5.Reduce to bearest minimium the influence of like of Bode George and his old brigade .

These are more or less a fairy tale especially in Naija politics . It is something like asking Buhari and Tinubu to forget their presidential ambitions to more acceptable,younger guys like Fashola,Oshiomole,SLS ,El Rufai etc when they finally conclude their merger talks .

This was done in Oyo. ACN pushed out PDP but guess what, all those that helped push PDP out are today screaming and wailing that ACN must leave. It goes beyond common mutual enemies. You can push the enemy away, but what happens after the enemy is removed?
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by nitrogen(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2013
PDP is a useless party, they had 8 years to govern most states in the SW, but no good did come out of them, all they could do was to spend allocations recklessly and throw parties around with funds, at a point, the masses got used to it and when ACN tookover, complaints like 'no money outside, the govt is stingy and what have we' accompanied judicious spending. Quite pathetic.

As if the masses want those that will spray money all around thinking that is 'dividend of democracy', or they want those that won't be accountable and transparent, the people do not want to pay tax at all, non indigenes of many states(SW) esp. our SE brothers wants to do illegal businesses and go away with it (because it is quite evident that they are the ones advocating for the takeover of lagos by PDP), it is sad.

But let me tell you this, 'for the betterment or the development of SW states, we need other parties except PDP, enough is enough, their stewardship is not needed anymore and those that wants PDP back, forget it, people are beginning to wake up'.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by anonimi: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2013
doublecross: As a matter of fact, Nigerians will not vote again. be it PDP, ACN and the rest of them. On the day of election, we Nigerians would be at home. It's a pity nigerians don't learn. It's so obvious that all the electoral candidates are all out for the same selfish aim and it's a pity some useless fellow still go out to vote. If it were to be in the other societies, i am sure no soul would come out to vote. This should be the same bold steps Nigerians should take. Lets deliberate on the dubious act these leaders have taken so far to get the silly and stupid Nigerians to vote.
1) They make promises, offer Money and other valuables like, Transformers and the rest of them.
2) they issue voters cards that can be used for banking transactions in other to get Nigerians to vote on that day. ( Everyone will like to have this card as a result, will eventually vote thereby making the card to be in Favour of the crazy politicians)

so many things to say but for now, i will sit-back, relax and fold my arms.

Abeg na wetin you come think sey go happen "As a matter of fact" if you and your friends don't vote? Will that mean no elections or make things easier for the riggers? Did you even vote in 2011 elections and the recent LG elections in Lagos
Continue to "sit-back, relax and fold my arms". Dat na your choice. The thieving politicians will be sooooooo happy with people like you as they can continue [size=13pt]looting your taxes while you groan for increased crime due to unemployment, lack of good PUBLIC schools, hospitals, roads, potable water etc.[/size]
BTW, is that your new year resolution?

#JustAsking.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

See this one oooo
U tink Lagosians are gonna vote for the person and not the party....
**I laugh like a man wtout shoes
Exactly my point. I pointed Akwa Ibom and Cross River states. These are more people's civilized states than Lagos. What I mean is that the people in those states apart from the milestones achieved by their govt are more civilized in attitude than Lagosians. Should PDP want to win Lagos, they should field a people centred civil technocrat that is loved by the people. We will vote the individual which ever party he is running on, especially the PDP

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by earthgreeners(m): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2013
emron1: I wonder what you mean by comparing lasu with other state university.do you mean that it is the best. Cause if it were it would have been the most sought after state university, but that's Not the case as that title goes to imsu. get ur facts right dude.

Sorry Boss, LASU is the best state owned university in Nigeria.
Have you been to LASU recently?, you would be shocked at the number of students enrolled despite the fees...This is a matter of Quality Education

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by sundaybam(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2013
lateef4me: There is no doubt that lagosians especially the middle class and lower class are fed of Fashola and his anti -mass policies and programmes which has rendered many people penniless to the delight of his godfather ,Bola Tinubu .

From aggrieved medical doctors,to many displaced traders and okada riders to LASU students who could no longer afford to pay their school fees,the list is endless of aggrieved lagosians who will not want to see another Fashola returns to Alausa come 2015 .

Now,to be sincere with ourselves,ACN cannot be compared to PDP when it comes to performances especially in southwest . Most of the governors PDP has given us has performed so woefully and this has given ACN some confidence that they now has SW in their pockets .

These are what I think PDP can do to win Lagos come 2015 :

1. Present Jimi Agbaje as their candidate.

2.Mobilize support for him with likes of Obanikuro,Femi Pedro,Mamora and also woo some aggrieved ACN candidates to their side .

3. Make consultations with okada riders associations,medical unions and other trade unions who has felt negative impacts of ACN led administration.

4. Draw up a blueprint for higher institutions in Lagos and make promise towards reducing LASU school fee.

5.Reduce to bearest minimium the influence of like of Bode George and his old brigade .

These are more or less a fairy tale especially in Naija politics . It is something like asking Buhari and Tinubu to forget their presidential ambitions to more acceptable,younger guys like Fashola,Oshiomole,SLS ,El Rufai etc when they finally conclude their merger talks .

U are right but as for me I will never vote for PDP . I don't know about the rest.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by anonimi: 10:21am On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Sorry Boss, LASU is the best state owned university in Nigeria.
Have you been to LASU recently?, you would be shocked at the number of students enrolled despite the fees...This is a matter of Quality Education

Na who you think sey una wan spin una usual EMPTY propaganda here? You too blind for read abi na wetin?

Huge tuition: Candidates shun LASU admission

The decision of the Lagos State Government to hike tuition by over 700 per cent in its university has lowered enrolment as only 1,951 of the 4,903 candidates offered admission by the institution participated in the university’s matriculation last Monday, SEGUN OLUGBILE reports

The new tuition regime introduced by the Lagos State University, Ojo, has started to take its toll on enrolment in the institution. Though the institution offered admission to 4,903 candidates for the 2011/2012 session, only 1,951 accepted the offer. Before the institution held its matriculation last week, it extended its registration deadline thrice to give room for more candidates to pay. shocked

Even after the matriculation, the institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Prof. John Obafunwa, had ordered the immediate reopening of the institution’s registration portal to allow candidates who were earlier rejected on the basis of deficiency in the requirements of the chosen courses in some departments, but who met the entering requirements of the related courses in cognate faculties or departments, to make up for the shortfall.

Some of the candidates offered admission but that could not meet the financial obligation said the huge tuition charged by the Lagos State- owned university was responsible for their decision to reject the offer.

More from Punch

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Remii(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2013
PDP may not win but am not voting ACN in Lagos next time around unless Lekki road is completed up to Ajah and a more reasonable alternative route is created for Chevron tool gate. This funny LCC has completed the toll gates two years ago and still find it impossible to finish the real project up to VGC.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by ignis: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2013
Can PDP ever win Lagos in the nearest future?
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by bknight: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2013
undecided
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2013
sundaybam:

U are right but as for me I will never vote for PDP . I don't know about the rest.
You didnt have to quote the entire write up just to respond with a couple of lines, lets save the pages. Thank you, having said that. I will add that PDP in every state reflects the lifestyle and attitude of the majority of the people in the region. PDP is the biggest party, so greater number of people find voice there. Take the case of the SW for instance, SW people with due respect love thuggery, so PDP in SW is filled with thugsz. Edo-Delta region people love tricks and 'smartness' you find it in their PDP, i can authoritatively tell you no matter which party wins Cross River Akwa Ibom axis, it will be development for ever cos those are more civil and organized people. Ibo regions love money and cheating, they are who they are no matter the party that wins. It boils down to an individual who can save people from themselves, like fashola, like oshomole saving his people from themselvesz. QED

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2013
hbpeze: 2015 elections wil b tough but fashola aint gonna gt it*if d pdp candidtate mks sense*y shuldnt dey get it

Fashola is serving 2nd term as governor. He cant be governor after 2 terms. We are discussing ACN retaining the seat or PDP taking over in the face of Fashola's anti-masses policy.

POL SCIENCE 101.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Ihailedthee: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2013
How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015

Tall dream.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2013
There is no good party or politician . It's just a question of comparative badness . I wonder why some people are saying they cannot vote for PDP again. .

If PDP can present great guys like Fashola with proven records of performance, I'm sure lagosians whose votes really count will vote for such candidate .

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by ypzilanti: 10:33am On Jan 02, 2013
Remii: PDP may not win but am not voting ACN in Lagos next time around unless Lekki road is completed up to Ajah and a more reasonable alternative route is created for Chevron tool gate. This funny LCC has completed the toll gates two years ago and still find it impossible to finish the real project up to VGC.

this is one point that a good candidate can use to win over the residents of that part of Lagos. Offer to build the coastal road alternative for road users.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2013
Maxymilliano: PDP can't win the next gubernatorial election in Lagos yet, the personality to achieve such feat is not in PDP. The party should rather concentrate on whittling down ACN stranglehold by sharing the available electoral space at both Federal and State house of parliament and also the ocal council in the next election with the present ruling party.

All the gra-gra by Okada riders, sacked medical doctors etc by Fashola can't topple the apple cart yet, but it won't be funny if PDP takes over Lagos, Tinubu will be forced on another self imposed exile coz his greedy rump will be massively exposed.

Don't be so gullible . . . If I was the PDP, I will be preparing a candidate like Jimi Agbaje by soaking him up in figures & facts of Lagos far away from the gazing eyes of the public. Don't forget that Fashola its not seeing reelection and unless ACN presents a very articulate candidate like Fash, they will definitely have to rethinking their electioneering strategies.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by israel007: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2013
What's going on here. What are you talking about btw. Can't hear u clearly.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Debra007: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2013
ACN members re failures.fashola shuld prepare 2 pack is load.PDP is d best nd dey re going 2 win lagos state
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: PDP governors in Akwa IBOm and Cross River States transformed those states. Its more about the individual politicians and the determination. Should PDP in Lagos field a new blood of candidate with excellent track record, then it will better for Lagos than the Present beaches thieving, land-ripping, toll-collecting, Lasu fee heigtening, Hotels building, drug pushing, and IGR pocketing cabals headed by the Lion of Bourdillon, the King of Fraud.

Akwa Ibom state governor needs a standing ovation when it comes to good roads. That state has better roads than cross river state(calabar). I never knew till last week. I drove for 30mins from the entrance to the town to Le Meridian, no pothole, no crags, no patched portions.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2013
ypzilanti:

this is one point that a good candidate can use to win over the residents of that part of Lagos. Offer to build the coastal road alternative for road users.
Yes, And I reserve my vote for that person that will build a coastal alternative road, irrespective of party of affiliation but will prefer if its PDP which I believe has a real opportunity to take over from Asiwaju Company of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2013
ypzilanti:

And of course I forgot to add that consulting widely especially on the toll gates issue will be critical to the final outcome of 2015.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2013
anonimi:

Which Fashola are you talking about? The one who would have done the constitutional limit of two terms by 2015 abi na im wife?? In case you are not aware Tinubu's wife will be the next governor of Lagos.
PDP cannot win Lagos governorship even if [size=13pt]ACN puts up a donkey as candidate (not saying Mrs. Remi Tinubu is a donkey- at least a donkey delivers on its purpose of carrying load, unlike the "distinguished" SINator who has done nothing of her core responsibility, which is enacting laws to address issues of concern to her constituents!!!)[/size]

PDP can only realistically continue to "capture" LG chairmanship & councillorship slots as they did in the last LASIEC organised elections even in Tinubu's courtyard, Ikoyi. They can then build their political capital until Lagosians start perceiving them in a better light as an OPTION to [size=13pt]their fellow rogues in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria (ACN)[/size]

Hehehehe, case closed. All these our leaders self.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Demdem(m): 10:45am On Jan 02, 2013
lateef4me: DK,

Have you concluded that nothing good can come out of PDP ?

As long as Bode "Tewonde" george and his kind have a firm grip on the killer party in that state, am sorry to say that nothing good can ever come out.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2013
okpara ugo:

Akwa Ibom state governor needs a standing ovation when it comes to good roads. That state has better roads than cross river state(calabar). I never knew till last week. I drove for 30mins from the entrance to the town to Le Meridian, no pothole, no crags, no patched portions.

And the quality of these roads are quite astonishing. . . JB stuff that German machine owners will be proud of.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by timtom: 10:46am On Jan 02, 2013
PDP can never win Lagos cos they don't have a credible candidate. Jimi Agbaje will never join PDP cos of the likes of Bode George and co. Don't be surprised if Jimi becomes CAN candidate come 2015
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2013
okpara ugo:

Thanks for concurring. Akwa-Cross will continue to grow irrespective of the party in power. It has more to do with people's orientation than party affiliations. Akwa Cross people are more civilised and predictable than other regions. So the possible of having a good heart in seat of power is very high. I cant say the same for Lagos where you can just be lucky to find a Fashola in a decade. What Lagos needs is structural mental adjustment of her people. They are more self-centred. Look at Tinubu's acquisitions and he still fielded his wife in Senate and people in Lagos are still singing his praises. Is it not f00lishness?

4 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Dee60: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners: Can anyone here list Fashola's policies that are anti-people?.

You want development but never willing to pay the price.

God forbid PDP in Lagos, that party is like a taboo...
ACN, LP or AP is the real deal........

IF LP can put its house together quickly they can clinch Lagos in 2015. They just need to find a 'Mimiko' that will defeat 'Asiwaju'! Period.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by earthgreeners(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Exactly my point. I pointed Akwa Ibom and Cross River states. These are more people's civilized states than Lagos. What I mean is that the people in those states apart from the milestones achieved by their govt are more civilized in attitude than Lagosians. Should PDP want to win Lagos, they should field a people centred civil technocrat that is loved by the people. We will vote the individual which ever party he is running on, especially the PDP

Sorry Mr hundrednaire, How are the people of AKWA IBOM and CROSS RIVER more civilized than Lagosians?...

Secondly, what is the population density of your so called civilized state to that of Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders / Atiku Mourns Victims Of Yobe Bomb Blast / Presidential Taskteam On Restoration Of Law And Order In Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.