Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. (9186 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / AIT Yanks Atiku Off The Air At Leadership Newspaper Award. / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Roland17(m): 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yar'adua's level of humility is unrivaled, he commanded the respect of his tribe even during illness, can the same be said about Gej?
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by ProfSule(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r from Niger delta or wherever. It is immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And for the fact that you did that, it makes your submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if we want to go that route? You'r not a prophet that we can believe whatever you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and depraved minds misleading children on this forum. If we sincerely want to compare two different govt, we should do that using parameters to measure the performance. It is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar Adua is better. Lets take the parameters that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar Adua started boko haram when under his regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua period, there was also rampant kidnapping and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the power projects started by OBJ. The construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power. Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and other aspect of aviation have definitely faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu was education minister, that our universities were shut for several months. Definitely, without iota of doubt, education is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu, was completely dismantled. In the exact words of Ribadu "corruption took over the EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused the EFCC to a much better institution now. There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I rate the incumbent slightly better in this regard
5) rail transport: definitely better under GEJ
6) road construction: i cant recall any major road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba, the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua foot solders. The press is far far freer under GEJ
POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind us of any direct job creation programmes under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ we had YOUWIN programme to empower 1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate GEJ better
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
kaorama:

You are a bad example of the product you are advertizing. The bitterness of mind with which you want to coax Nigerians into voting for your master, Buhari is something akin to Buhari's philosophy of violence. Just know that the worst of GEJ is better than the best of Buhari

People like you are very nescient. I know you are struggling under GEJ government; lack of job, fuel scarcity, high price of fuel, unable to feed your family but because he is from your South South geo political zone, you refuse to see what's there beneath that. You are blinded by tribalism and have no idea who you are. I have nothing to say to you but accept my tremendous sympathy for your nescience and stupi$dity.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
@Kewt.,in fact there are so many lies in your comment that I cant begin to take them one after the other. But my advise is that TRUTH should be constant in all we do. I have challenged everyone on this forum that if any of my points can be proved conclusively to be a lie, i'll apologise immediately
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by superior1: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: @Kewt.,in fact there are so many lies in your comment that I cant begin to take them one after the other. But my advise is that TRUTH should be constant in all we do. I have challenged everyone on this forum that if any of my points can be proved conclusively to be a lie, i'll apologise immediately

Common Beaf, you can do better than this, your job is in the balance oo undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by freshdew: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ramtzy:

Yar'Adua wasn't anyway corrupt as compare to Jonathan whom has given birth to 100 Iboris..His health was his major challenge why in office yet He was able to resolved ND militant issue, even reduced pump price twice without scarcity of the product with 1/3 of GEJ subsidy money now... Why GEJ till date is yet to figure-out solution on many problems bedeviling the country...Yar'Adua all the way i beg!!(may His soul rest in perfect peace)
The way GEJ has handled the issue in the oil industry has rubished his administration,especially de fuel increament.I doubt if dere's anytin GEJ can do to redeem his image be4 nigerians no matter what he achivs.The way he went about it has changed nigeria's internal economic life and its citizenry.GEJ shud've allowed de fuel price to stay while he battles wit oil theives or simply blocked the holes to oil subsidy thft.Nigerians will not 4get de economic tension and stressful life they went through in the year 2012.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r from Niger delta or wherever. It is immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And for the fact that you did that, it makes your submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if we want to go that route? You'r not a prophet that we can believe whatever you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and depraved minds misleading children on this forum. If we sincerely want to compare two different govt, we should do that using parameters to measure the performance. It is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar Adua is better. Lets take the parameters that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar Adua started boko haram when under his regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua period, there was also rampant kidnapping and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the power projects started by OBJ. The construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power. Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and other aspect of aviation have definitely faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu was education minister, that our universities were shut for several months. Definitely, without iota of doubt, education is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu, was completely dismantled. In the exact words of Ribadu "corruption took over the EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused the EFCC to a much better institution now. There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I rate the incumbent slightly better in this regard
6) road construction: i cant recall any major road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba, the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua foot solders. The press is far far freer under GEJ
POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind us of any direct job creation programmes under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ we had YOUWIN programme to empower 1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate GEJ better
Most specific and on-the-point post so far. I must commend your post because it is void of generalization and sentiments.
I personally believe they are the same i.e. Both were inept leaders. It's just that Yar'Adua's gentle personality was more likable and appealing to the masses. But in terms of leadership, they are both at the bottom end of the ladder; very poor to say the least. Yar'Adua's administration was just as directionless as GEJ's, no more, no less.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by COOLDUN: 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
kioboy: Yar'adua hv never ruled dis country as a president dueto ill health and is very difficult to comapre becos aanndoka and his group ws incharge and run d country like a family business. It ws during yar'adua dat ibori single handedly bought wilbros nigeria limited at 550 million dallars. Infact all former governors standing trials for money laundering were given soft landing and most of their cases died a natural death till date. So to me then i never knew hw sick yar'adua ws until his death.
if u compare dat administration under yar'adua, i wil say dat GEJ is better.

How many of then and now indicted/implicated corrupt officials have this GEJ led government prosecuted? was it not under the GEJ regime James Ibori was discharged and acquitted, with a national apology before he was convicted by the competent legal system in the UK? if Yaradua lived and finished his tenure i don't think there is a way GEJ regime would have been compared to his, following what we are witnessing today in the present government.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by userlist(f): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
by Kewt:
Yaradua

-Demonstrated that he had a mind of his early in his administration by reversing some anti-people
policies of the immediate Govt which he happens to be a beneficiary of. Reversal of petrol from N70
to N65.. Release of Lagos withheld funds..Reversal of sale of refineries to friends and cronies of
immediate past administration.
-Had a clear vision and economical blueprint emasculated in the 7 point agenda
-Maintained and grew foreign reserves from $36B to $45B.
-Declared his assets on assumption of office
-Demonstrated commitment in solving the niger delta menace by creating ministry of niger delta
-Less corruption as less than N350NB was paid as subsidy in 2009
-Less interest in globe trotting and only embarks on religious pilgrimages or health trips
-Demonstrated free-ness when he openly announced his unwillingness to appeal should the supreme
court rule against him on the elections that brought him to power
-Started the electoral reforms which he promised in his electoral speech
-Showed prudency and left more than N9b in the coffers of Kastina state govt after ruling for 8 yrs
-Built more roads in Kastina than any other state govt since inception
-Was never mentioned by EFCC as having a case to answer while he was governor of Kastina state
-Bode George was convicted and sentenced under his administration
-No fuel scarcity during his tenure despite that fuel sold for N65/litre pump price

Jonathan

-Has no mind of his. Always openly manipulated by his handlers.
-No clear vision of development or agenda for country’s growth only transformation and fresh air.
-Depleted foreign reserves by sharing same to governors in a bid to secure their support for his
2011 presidential ambition
-Was forced to declare his assets as vice president and openly admitted he does not not give a damn as president.
-Highest level of monumental corruption under his watch. Subsidy payment grew from N350B during Yaradua/OBJ tenure
to close to N1 trillion and from about 15 licensed
companies to more than 100.
-Always globe trotting for every form of world occasion which included the world head of govt summit where Nigeria
had the largest number of delegates
-Has always been cunny, desperate and power drunk. Bribing over 5,000 PDP delegates with $7,000 each during 2011
convention to beat Atiku, and His body language towards 2015 lays credence to this fact.
-No reasonable achievement can be traceable to him during his stay as Bayelsa Governor.
-He and his wife were accused of corruption by EFCC while he was Governor. Case file is now missing with no traces or links.
-No known criminal however small has been convicted under his administration. Alameseigha is a constant figure in
Aso Rock and Tony Anenih sits as the chairman of NPA despite alleged fraud when he was minister of works. Several
ministers in his govt have been accused of corruption without he doing anything about it.
-Misled Nigerians by claiming his fight aginst corruption is only second to that of US and that Nigeria under his
watch attained 3rd postion in the fight against corruption.
-Failure to take a stand on the Farouk/Otedola mess which is still hanging without balance till today. (Otedola is
also a regular face in Aso rock and is alleged to be a friend of Mr President)
-Unpecedented and high level of loss of lives and properties without he taking any decisive step. Instead, he keeps
making unguarded statements like.. Terrorism is everywhere in the world, We should pray that behind BH should have a change of mind etc
-Keeps forming committee upon committee without any visible progress.
-Fuel scarcity despite buying fuel at between N110 and N120/litre.
-Penchant for excesses and wastages; N1b per day for food, N20B for purchase and maintenance of presidential jets,
N16B for vice presidents lodge in Aso rock, N2B for Banquet hall etc

Summary
A reasonable ground for comparison is Motives and Antecedents.

While I will score Yaradua high on his motives and intention for Nigeria, GEJ scores abysmally low on that.

On antecedents while they were both Governors, Yaradua still beats GEJ hands down again.

All records are verifiable.

These are my thoughts.

You spoke well my friend you did
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by onatisi(m): 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
only a clueless govt like gej sets up committe to look into the report of another committe on the same issue.anyway gej has an answer for all his critics "I DONT GIVE A DAMM".
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
superior1:

Common Beaf, you can do better than this, your job is in the balance oo undecided undecided undecided
My friend, though I owe NO ONE any explanations but I'm not beaf and I dont know beaf or any other person on this forum. Just a little research should confirm this. If you can, dig up beaf's comments, compare them with mine and you'll be convinced without doubt that these are two completely different persons, with different style and tone of writing.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Omadachi(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
I think late Yar'Adua is far better.Looking at president Goodluck cowardice and lack of courage to handling obvious issues that has come up from time to time since he became the president of this country.Thou Yar'adua had is short coming but i still prefer him to Goodluck Jonathan.I just hope Nigerians has learn t their lessons not to vote base on sentiment next time.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by userlist(f): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
Under Yaradua, every ministry was mandated to return unspent
money to the treasury. GEJ put a stop to it.
Yaradua openly declared his asset.
Under Yaradua petrol was N60 per liter and subsidy was around 400+ billion
GEJ increased petrol to 97 and above and more than 1.6 trillion spent on subsidy.
I never really liked Yaradua but he would have done more if not for his ill health.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by superior1: 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, though I owe NO ONE any explanations but I'm not beaf and I dont know beaf or any other person on this forum. Just a little research should confirm this. If you can, dig up beaf's comments, compare them with mine and you'll be convinced without doubt that these are two completely different persons, with different style and tone of writing.

Alright my friend, me sef no mind this kin job of yours oooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Sholexyz(m): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
I wil go 4 yaradua cos GEJ mk him luk like usain bolt wit his slow decision making.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by honeric01(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Kewt: Yaradua

-Demonstrated that he had a mind of his early in his administration by reversing some anti-people policies of the immediate Govt which he happens to be a beneficiary of. Reversal of petrol from N70 to N65.. Release of Lagos withheld funds..Reversal of sale of refineries to friends and cronies of immediate past administration.
-Had a clear vision and economical blueprint emasculated in the 7 point agenda
-Maintained and grew foreign reserves from $36B to $45B.
-Declared his assets on assumption of office
-Demonstrated commitment in solving the niger delta menace by creating ministry of niger delta
-Less corruption as less than N350NB was paid as subsidy in 2009
-Less interest in globe trotting and only embarks on religious pilgrimages or health trips
-Demonstrated free-ness when he openly announced his unwillingness to appeal should the supreme court rule against him on the elections that brought him to power
-Started the electoral reforms which he promised in his electoral speech
-Showed prudency and left more than N9b in the coffers of Kastina state govt after ruling for 8 yrs
-Built more roads in Kastina than any other state govt since inception
-Was never mentioned by EFCC as having a case to answer while he was governor of Kastina state
-Bode George was convicted and sentenced under his administration
-No fuel scarcity during his tenure despite that fuel sold for N65/litre pump price

Jonathan

-Has no mind of his. Always openly manipulated by his handlers.
-No clear vision of development or agenda for country’s growth only transformation and fresh air.
-Depleted foreign reserves by sharing same to governors in a bid to secure their support for his 2011 presidential ambition
-Was forced to declare his assets as vice president and openly admitted he does not not give a damn as president.
-Highest level of monumental corruption under his watch. Subsidy payment grew from N350B during Yaradua/OBJ tenure to close to N1 trillion and from about 15 licensed
companies to more than 100.
-Always globe trotting for every form of world occasion which included the world head of govt summit where Nigeria had the largest number of delegates
-Has always been cunny, desperate and power drunk. Bribing over 5,000 PDP delegates with $7,000 each during 2011 convention to beat Atiku, and His body language towards 2015 lays credence to this fact.
-No reasonable achievement can be traceable to him during his stay as Bayelsa Governor.
-He and his wife were accused of corruption by EFCC while he was Governor. Case file is now missing with no traces or links.
-No known criminal however small has been convicted under his administration. Alameseigha is a constant figure in Aso Rock and Tony Anenih sits as the chairman of NPA despite alleged fraud when he was minister of works. Several ministers in his govt have been accused of corruption without he doing anything about it.
-Misled Nigerians by claiming his fight aginst corruption is only second to that of US and that Nigeria under his watch attained 3rd postion in the fight against corruption.
-Failure to take a stand on the Farouk/Otedola mess which is still hanging without balance till today. (Otedola is also a regular face in Aso rock and is alleged to be a friend of Mr President)
-Unpecedented and high level of loss of lives and properties without he taking any decisive step. Instead, he keeps making unguarded statements like.. Terrorism is everywhere in the world, We should pray that behind BH should have a change of mind etc
-Keeps forming committee upon committee without any visible progress.
-Fuel scarcity despite buying fuel at between N110 and N120/litre.
-Penchant for excesses and wastages; N1b per day for food, N20B for purchase and maintenance of presidential jets, N16B for vice presidents lodge in Aso rock, N2B for Banquet hall etc

Summary
A reasonable ground for comparison is Motives and Antecedents.

While I will score Yaradua high on his motives and intention for Nigeria, GEJ scores abysmally low on that.

On antecedents while they were both Governors, Yaradua still beats GEJ hands down again.

All records are verifiable.

These are my thoughts.

May the good lord bless the womb you came out from. couldn't have written it better.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
freechat: A living Joe is better than a dead Umoru.
u bas..tard,deserve to pay three hundred for petrol,and the time is coming,can i hear u smile karma,cos the retributive gods r just screwn y"all everyday n funny thing is u dont know it,say hello to the worst year you will ever see,smile as u die
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2012
really dont give three shytes what laptop 40 say,because they are paid to be stipid,but being stipid for free(eg,sheeple)its just a lost cause
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2012
superior1:

Alright my friend, me sef no mind this kin job of yours oooo grin grin grin grin
You may chose to believe whatever trickles your fancy but I dont have to be paid or receive any direct benefit to make comments, passionate ones most times, about my country. If some Nigerians could passionately support foreign football clubs- Chelsea, Arsenal,etc- why can't someone passionately take positions on matters that affect his country? I'm not disputing the fact that it is possible some persons are paid to take sides for or against any issue, but I can only speak for myself. It is my opinion that persons who are being paid to take positions for or against any issue, if they exist on NL, should have the personal conviction that whatever position they'r taking is right or may have better understanding of issues and are just being paid for their time and effort. It will be unfortunate if there exist persons who take positions contrary to personal conviction because of whatever pay or direct benefit they derive.
I can only speak for myself.
I'm not paid to post comments.
I dont need to be paid to post comments.
I am doing very well as a person.
My comments are straight from the heart and my position on any national issue are well thoughtout and deviod of any bias whatsoever.
But like I wrote earlier, people can believe whatever tickles their fancy but I owe no one any apologies or explanations.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by redcliff: 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by manfred10(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
Knowledge9000: [b]I can say confidently that most of the people saying that Yar'Adua was better are the same naive, gullible individuals who voted for Jonathan while Buhari was a formidable option. Like they didn't expect Jonathan to be a failure. Trust me, go and check their voter's registration record or click on their Username and see their past posts during 2011 election...make sure you click their username and read their past posts during the 2011 election before attacking me as I have done this. Useless swines. The same id$iots will bypass Buhari again in 2015 and vote for another Retardeen and cry corruption, fuel scarcity, e.t.c. Some of us need to be dealt with mercilessly until we can say...I know the right thing to do. Here we have man like Buhari, who took out loans ( borrowed money from Bank) in the 80s and 90s to build the houses he owns in Abuja and Kaduna. Had he borrowed these monies, let's say 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, then it would have been suspicious, as though he is trying to fuss himself as a righteous man. But he took out these loans more than 20yrs ago not knowing that he would be looked up to today as the ONE. This shows the kind of man he his. [/b]
. My broda you are right that is what nigerians deserve,most of us are nepotists,tribalist and short sited
, tomorow they will still vote for another thief and clueless man just because he is a christian or from their part of the country.But Tinubu helped GEJ to rigg in the south west sha
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Mustay(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
KnowAll: This time ladies and gentlemen give your votes to Buhari. The 74 Year old man would not steal your money, what does he want to do with it.

70 not 74 please.

https://www.nairaland.com/1134781/happy-birthday-buhari-70
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by ebucha: 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
you forgot one of GEJ's recent achievement...' First president that didn't pay coppers for months.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
How can anyone be worse than Retardeen Jonathan
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
on a good day:

how old are you? You just spoke like a neonate...run go fix the new year light we are discussing important matter here ok..be a good child!!
Come you dey mad niiii... Ara fe pa e niii... Which one be your papa own... If you no make shopono kill your mama.. No misyarn come my side or else ... You go regret say your stew-peed useless mama born a fool like you come this world... Oloriburuku asiwere agba... Were alasho. Koshi jooor... Abii o fe je kin foooor oju iya e niiii...?
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by oyeleyemaureen(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
none of them
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by aurenflani: 12:09am On Jan 01, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:
what exactly did he do to improve the political, financial and educational econmy of Nigeria.. forget Power, Security, Oil & Gas, Religious Conflicts etc

WHICH ONE OF HIS 7-POINT AGENDA DID HE ACHIEVE?

Yar'adua reduced the price of petrol. Was that not what decides the common man's economic power?
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by aurenflani: 12:14am On Jan 01, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:
what exactly did he do to improve the political, financial and educational econmy of Nigeria.. forget Power, Security, Oil & Gas, Religious Conflicts etc

WHICH ONE OF HIS 7-POINT AGENDA DID HE ACHIEVE?

Yar'adua reduced the price of petrol. Was that not what decides the common man's economic power?

Yar'adua gave amnesty to the ND boys with loads of cash in their pockets and scholarship.

You talked about extra judicial killing of Yusuf. Were the policemen involved not arrested?
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Kewt: 2:54am On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I think in whatever we do TRUTH should be constant. It is DEVILISH to use bare faced LIES to justify our points. If we dont have points, you can state whoever is your choice and move on rather than resort to LIES! Like I always say shame on all liars.
POINT OF CORRECTION:
1) fuel subsidy payments in 2009 was not N350billion. It N463billion
http://www.ghanamma.com/2012/03/pppra-neiti-reconcile-fuel-subsidy-expenditure/
2) It is a shameless LIE to say there was no scarcity under Yar Adua. In the whole of 2009, there was acute and SEVERE fuel scarcity nationwide.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201001110687.html
http://fnc0486./2010/03/12/rilwanu-lukman-the-controversial-mr-fuel-scarcity/

Sincere 9gerian: @Kewt.,in fact there are so many lies in your comment that I cant begin to take them one after the other. But my advise is that TRUTH should be constant in all we do. I have challenged everyone on this forum that if any of my points can be proved conclusively to be a lie, i'll apologise immediately

@Sincere Nigerian, I challenge you to please bring up as many lies in my post as possible. Remember, they remain my thoughts and I stand to be corected.

Subsidy payments during OBJ's tenure in 2006 was N261B, while it was N278.9 in 2007 when OBJ handed over to Yaradua. So my asserting N350B during OBJ Yaradua's administration was very spot on.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=petroleum+subsidy+payments+in+2005&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oecd.org%2Ftad%2Fenvironmentandtrade%2F42987402.pdf&ei=JzziUIfLOMLM0QXO_4BA&usg=AFQjCNFBtHqfqbvIZ82vZtFwY6heGm7kTQ

On the petroleum scarcity claims which you were trying to debunk, please note that this assertion is in comparative terms as no administration ever had a scarcity-free regime for petrol. Coming from what we inherited from Obj and compared to what we are currently passing through now (long queues in fuel station and buying fuel at N110-N120, even after house of assembly questionably passed a supplementary budget of N160B for Dec subsidy payment) Yaradua's tenure, though short was far better.

Like I said, Please feel free to raise other lies in my post so that we can analyse with verifiable facts and figures.

Until then, I am tempted to align with this assertion by superior1 below that you are an alter ego of beaf or better still, a dedicated member of the 40 laptop crew!

superior1:

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Ikengawo: 3:47am On Jan 01, 2013
Roland17: Yar'adua's level of humility is unrivaled, he commanded the respect of his tribe even during illness, can the same be said about Gej?

someones is sick, doesn't hand over to the vice president in absence, lies about location and condition while his wife holds the county hostage and that's humility to you? smh.

Nigerians have SHORT memory lol. We were on the verge of being the laughing stock of the world with Yar Adua. He literally did nothing for this country. Not a single thing. GEJ needs to hurry up and leave office so that nigerians will begin saying he's the best thing to happen to the nation
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 01, 2013
One reduced the pump price of petrol, the other increased it.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by olawalebabs(m): 6:49am On Jan 01, 2013
The difference between GO SLOW and HOLD UP. *checking dictionary*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Dankwambo Bags PhD In Accountancy / Temisan Omatseye Appeals 5-Year Jail Sentence / Kuje Prison On Fire Happening Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.