Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. (9185 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / AIT Yanks Atiku Off The Air At Leadership Newspaper Award. / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Sunnystooth(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2012
if am not mistaken or just being simply sentimental, i think where the late President Yar'adua was in power,(RIP) we had less people complaining about him and critisizing him. He had direction, he led the country as someone that is not 'clueless' as the kind of president we have now... FYI, i am from the niger delta, i voted for GEJ, but watching him lead this country is just way too disturbing and its seems we have'nt made much progress... Well, thats just my opinion, what do u think? Is'nt the immediate former president more of a leader than what we have now? No sentiments plz.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2012
Yar'adua was far better

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by onatisi(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2012
i will pick yar adua as a better leader than gej,becos of the firm way and decisive manner he handled boko haram issue
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 31, 2012
Yaradu'a all the way cheesy
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by vedaxcool(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2012
I pick Turai, a Turai was far better presiding over the country talk-less of comparing Yar'dua to GEJ

10 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by trillville(m): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Definitely yaradua
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Sunnystooth: if am not mistaken or just being simply sentimental, i think where the late President Yar'adua was in power,(RIP) we had less people complaining about him and critisizing him. He had direction, he led the country as someone that is not 'clueless' as the kind of president we have now... FYI, i am from the niger delta, i voted for GEJ, but watching him lead this country is just way too disturbing and its seems we have'nt made much progress... Well, thats just my opinion, what do u think? Is'nt the immediate former president more of a leader than what we have now? No sentiments plz.
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r from Niger delta or wherever. It is immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And for the fact that you did that, it makes your submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if we want to go that route? You'r not a prophet that we can believe whatever you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and depraved minds misleading children on this forum. If we sincerely want to compare two different govt, we should do that using parameters to measure the performance. It is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar Adua is better. Lets take the parameters that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar Adua started boko haram when under his regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua period, there was also rampant kidnapping and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the power projects started by OBJ. The construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power. Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and other aspect of aviation have definitely faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu was education minister, that our universities were shut for several months. Definitely, without iota of doubt, education is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu, was completely dismantled. In the exact words of Ribadu "corruption took over the EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused the EFCC to a much better institution now. There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I rate the incumbent slightly better in this regard
5) rail transport: definitely better under GEJ
6) road construction: i cant recall any major road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba, the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua foot solders. The press is far far freer under GEJ
POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind us of any direct job creation programmes under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ we had YOUWIN programme to empower 1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate GEJ better

26 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by nifemi01(m): 10:28am On Dec 31, 2012
Umaru definitely, he is far better than johnny boy.
Umaru's major problem was his health whereas everything about Johnny is a major problem.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:34am On Dec 31, 2012
this is a tough one, it is like comparing Tinubu to a Frog, how can you tell the difference - grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Akanbiedu(m): 10:41am On Dec 31, 2012
Yar'adua was definitely better. Can't even begin to compare.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Ikengawo: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2012
Short term memory at it's best?
This is the same NL that was saying Yar Adua was 'dull' and doing nothing.
Yar Adua caused the boko haram disaster, encouraged extra judicial killings, threw our Ribadu for going against his allies and killed the EFCC
implemented no projects in power, addressed the nation in Hausa, made Nigeria 100% inactive in foreign affairs, threw out Soludo for no explainable
reason, and when motoring elections like the Ekiti one, ran corrupt disastrous elections compared to GEJ's.
He also admitted he was put into power through a botched election but shamelessly took the mandate as if it was his.

Yar Adua is one of the worst presidents in Nigerian history. Nobody can name anything other than shooting Boko Haram leaders, which GEJ has done as well.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by onatisi(m): 10:44am On Dec 31, 2012
na wah ooooo . gej no dey get votes here ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 31, 2012
Ikengawo: Short term memory at it's best?
This is the same NL that was saying Yar Adua was 'dull' and doing nothing.
Yar Adua caused the boko haram disaster, encouraged extra judicial killings, threw our Ribadu for going against his allies and killed the EFCC
implemented no projects in power, addressed the nation in Hausa, made Nigeria 100% inactive in foreign affairs, threw out Soludo for no explainable
reason, and when motoring elections like the Ekiti one, ran corrupt disastrous elections compared to GEJ's.
He also admitted he was put into power through a botched election but shamelessly took the mandate as if it was his.

Yar Adua is one of the worst presidents in Nigerian history. Nobody can name anything other than shooting Boko Haram leaders, which GEJ has done as well.
You call it short term memory. I call it DELIBERATE mischief by depraved minds polluted by ethnoreligous sentiments and HATE

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by superior1: 10:56am On Dec 31, 2012
Sleep and Death no b the same, Ummaru is FAR better
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2012
superior1: Sleep and Death no b the same, Ummaru is FAR better
what exactly did he do to improve the political, financial and educational econmy of Nigeria.. forget Power, Security, Oil & Gas, Religious Conflicts etc

WHICH ONE OF HIS 7-POINT AGENDA DID HE ACHIEVE?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Hadone(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2012
WHATA USELESS QUESTION
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by mmmustapha(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2012
Without a doubt its late yar'adua
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Iaz93: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2012
NONE!!! Poor Leaders!!!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by cockyjay: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2012
Yar'adua is slow but GEJ is inefficient grin Yar'adua is definitely better

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2012
Nigeria would have being a better place and vision 20:20:20 would have being a reality if Yar'adua was to be alive. The such of the man i woul have recomended for this crumbling nation!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by jadajada: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2012
The late puppet was better.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Shaw007(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2012
Hehehe . . .this shouLd be GOod

weLL at Least those who picked GEJ had points to base their arguments

i'm stiLL waiting for the Umaru's

**Grabs popcorn**

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:
what exactly did he do to improve the political, financial and educational econmy of Nigeria.. forget Power, Security, Oil & Gas, Religious Conflicts etc

WHICH ONE OF HIS 7-POINT AGENDA DID HE ACHIEVE?

My broda the thing tire me. These idiots are the same monkeys who'll say that GEJ has not fulfilled any of his campaign promises, but how many of Yar'Aduas promises did he fulfil? Not a single one!
I remember the kind of insults Yar'adua received from Nigerians when he was alive. He was called Yar'adull, baba go-slow, snail etc. These same idiots are the people praising him now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Yar'dua was a silently corrupt. Ibori who is languishing in UK prison today was his close associate. He deceptively removed Ribadu from EFCC and took media houses who reported abt his healthj to corut. GEJ is far better

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by omenziate(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2012
He knew his body organs were failing , yet he took the irksome job of ruling d g "giant of africa" and never resigned. I actually see Yaradua as a typical African tyrant who clings to power at all cost. By the way, what was his achievements? Jona on the other hand is a work in progress, though not on the right track for now, but there is room for improvement.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Rawshal(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2012
it is a shame 2 get to kno dat a unhealthy man is far more important n better dan able,healthy but unreasonable person.Lie upon lies tru out his tenure

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by shyna501: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2012
Ridiculous!!!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by onatisi(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Shaw007: Hehehe . . .this shouLd be GOod

weLL at Least those who picked GEJ had points to base their arguments

i'm stiLL waiting for the Umaru's

**Grabs popcorn**
yar adua handled boko haram issue well .
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2012
yaradua gave us fuel for 60 naira instead of 65,Gej gave us for 100 naira and it still aint enuf...plus the fact that his police killed people for that fact,any frigging contest?i do not think so

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by shyna501: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2012
omenziate: He knew his body organs were failing , yet he took the irksome job of ruling d g "giant of africa" and never resigned. I actually see Yaradua as a typical Africa tyrant who clings to power at all cost. By the way, what was his achievements? Jona on the other hand is a work in progress, though not on the right track for now, but there is room for improvement.

4 Ɣ☺ΰя mind!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, you dont have to tell us you'r from Niger delta or wherever. It is immaterial, even if you'r from Ghana. And for the fact that you did that, it makes your submission very suspicious. How can we confirm you'r from the Niger delta even if we want to go that route? You'r not a prophet that we can believe whatever you'v stated here as the truth.
Initially I didn't want to engage in this childish comparison but I changed my mind to avoid some mischief makers and depraved minds misleading children on this forum. If we sincerely want to compare two different govt, we should do that using parameters to measure the performance. It is not enough for political jobbers and depraved minds to say GEJ is better or Yar Adua is better. Lets take the parameters that matter one after the other
1) Elections: were our elections better organised during Yar Adua or GEJ. The Ekiti re-run election done under Yar Adua was a disaster. Every right thinking person will agree that elections under GEJ are better
2) Security: for me it worsened under GEJ SOLELY because of boko haram. But Yar Adua started boko haram when under his regime, the leader of boko haram was extra-judicially killed. During the Yar Adua period, there was also rampant kidnapping and all sorts of atrocities we see now
3) Power supply: Yar Adua stopped all the power projects started by OBJ. The construction of those power infrastructure only began again when GEJ came to power. Power supply is definitely better under GEJ
4) Aviation: our airports infrastructure and other aspect of aviation have definitely faired better under GEJ
5) Education: it should be remembered that it was under Yar Adua, when Sam Egwu was education minister, that our universities were shut for several months. Definitely, without iota of doubt, education is better under GEJ
5) Corruption: it was under Yar Adua that the EFCC and its leadership then, Ribadu, was completely dismantled. In the exact words of Ribadu "corruption took over the EFCC in 2007". The GEJ govt has re-focused the EFCC to a much better institution now. There is lot of exposure of corruption under GEJ- subsidy thieves, pension thieves,etc. I rate the incumbent slightly better in this regard
5) rail transport: definitely better under GEJ
6) road construction: i cant recall any major road re-construction or rehabilitation that took place under Yar Adua. It was under Yar Adua that Dieziani, as then minister of works, wept at the Benin-Ore road but still nothing was done on that road. I rate GEJ far far better
7) press freedom: media houses were hounded and sometimes closed under Yar Adua. I recall vividly that Gbenja Arulegba, the presenter of Focus Nigeria on AIT was forced out of the screen by the Yar Adua foot solders. The press is far far freer under GEJ
POINT 8: job creation: can anyone remind us of any direct job creation programmes under Yar Adua? I cant recall any. Under GEJ we had YOUWIN programme to empower 1,200 entrepreneurs annually, the women and youth empowerment scheme meant to employ 370,000 persons annually,etc I rate GEJ better
UNCLE PLEASE TELL US A STOWI... STORY STORY... (STORYYYYYYY)

2 Likes

[b]I can say confidently that most of the people saying that Yar'Adua was better are the same naive, gullible individuals who voted for Jonathan while Buhari was a formidable option. Like they didn't expect Jonathan to be a failure. Trust me, go and check their voter's registration record or click on their Username and see their past posts during 2011 election...make sure you click their username and read their past posts during the 2011 election before attacking me as I have done this. Useless swines. The same id$iots will bypass Buhari again in 2015 and vote for another Retardeen and cry corruption, fuel scarcity, e.t.c. Some of us need to be dealt with mercilessly until we can say...I know the right thing to do. Here we have man like Buhari, who took out loans ( borrowed money from Bank) in the 80s and 90s to build the houses he owns in Abuja and Kaduna. Had he borrowed these monies, let's say 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, then it would have been suspicious, as though he is trying to fuss himself as a righteous man. But he took out these loans more than 20yrs ago not knowing that he would be looked up to today as the ONE. This shows the kind of man he his. [/b]

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools / VP Osinbajo Inaugurates Committee To Recover N5 Trillion AMCON Debts / United Nations Writes/Commends Yahaya Bello For Promoting Women Inclusiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.