Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. (9198 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / AIT Yanks Atiku Off The Air At Leadership Newspaper Award. / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 01, 2013
Kewt:

@Sincere Nigerian, I challenge you to please bring up as many lies in my post as possible. Remember, they remain my thoughts and I stand to be corected.

Subsidy payments during OBJ's tenure in 2006 was N261B, while it was N278.9 in 2007 when OBJ handed over to Yaradua. So my asserting N350B during OBJ Yaradua's administration was very spot on.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=petroleum+subsidy+payments+in+2005&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oecd.org%2Ftad%2Fenvironmentandtrade%2F42987402.pdf&ei=JzziUIfLOMLM0QXO_4BA&usg=AFQjCNFBtHqfqbvIZ82vZtFwY6heGm7kTQ

On the petroleum scarcity claims which you were trying to debunk, please note that this assertion is in comparative terms as no administration ever had a scarcity-free regime for petrol. Coming from what we inherited from Obj and compared to what we are currently passing through now (long queues in fuel station and buying fuel at N110-N120, even after house of assembly questionably passed a supplementary budget of N160B for Dec subsidy payment) Yaradua's tenure, though short was far better.

Like I said, Please feel free to raise other lies in my post so that we can analyse with verifiable facts and figures.

Until then, I am tempted to align with this assertion by superior1 below that you are an alter ego of beaf or better still, a dedicated member of the 40 laptop crew!

My friend, the FACT is that you lied. Subsidy payments is calculated annually. There's nothing like subsidy payment during OBJ/Yar Adua administration. You said subsidy payment in 2009 was N350billion. But I wrote to correct that LIE. Subsidy payment is carried out by an agency of govt called PPPRA. The subsidy payment in 2009 was N463billion.
In 2008, subsidy payment was N630billion.
In 2010, subsidy payment was N673billion.
http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=1198
http://www.ghanamma.com/2012/03/pppra-neiti-reconcile-fuel-subsidy-expenditure/

STOP the LIES!
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Audinowing(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2013
onatisi:
yar adua handled boko haram issue well .
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2013
I can see some of you have been basking in the euphoria that Yar Adua reduced fuel price from N65 to N60. While that is true, it will also interest you guys to read what the then spokesperson of Yar Adua, Olusegun Adeniyi, had to say on this issue:
"it was the reduction of the pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 that triggered the increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used that reduction to gain some level of legitimacy, following wide condemnations that trailed his election.
The FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 prevented yar'adua from total removal of subsidy because he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled to saudi 2days before the policy could be effected & never came back"- Olusegun Adeniyi (Politics, Power and Death)
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Audinowing(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2013
onatisi:
yar adua handled boko haram issue well .
Are u aware that the BH menace outlived Yar'dua?
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 01, 2013
FACTS ARE SACRED:
PPPRA, NEITI reconcile fuel subsidy expenditure
The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has reconciled government’s expenditure on fuel subsidy between 2006 and 2011 with the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI).
The reconciliation is meant to address discrepancies encountered during the Farouk Lawan-led House of Representatives Adhoc Committee on Monitoring of Subsidy Regime.
During the House’ probe, different organisations including the Ministry of Finance and the NEITI gave different figures as the cost of subsidy.
NEITI had told the probe panel that only N370 billion was spentas subsidy in 2008 as against N630.571 billion. The PPPRA had sent a letter detailing the exact amounts spent on subsidy between 2006 and 2011 to NEITI and the House of Representatives.
The letter signed by the PPPRA Executive Secretary, Reginald Stanley partly read: “The Executive Secretary may wish to recall her submission to the House of Representatives Ad Hoc Committee on Monitoring of Subsidy Regime on subsidy claimsfor 2006-2011. It is observed that your submission in respect of subsidy figures for2008 didn’t capture payments made to other marketers during the period under consideration.
The sum of N370 billion subsidy figure for 2008 quoted by NEITI represents payments to NNPC only. Therefore, the imbalance noticed in the figures submitted by NEITI and that of PPPRA was due to non-inclusion of subsidy payments to other marketers in your computation.”
A breakdown of the figures sent to NEITI by the PPPRA as subsidy expenditures were as follows: N261.105 billion was spent in 2006 from which NNPCgot N241.893 billion and other marketers N19.212 billion; in 2007, a total of N278.859 billionwas spent from which NNPC gotN227.471 billion and other marketers N51.388 billion.In 2008, N630.571 billion was spent with NNPC getting N370.49 billionand other marketers N260.081 billion while in 2009, out of N463.517 billion spent, NNPC got N261.51 billion and other marketers got N202 billion.
In 2010, the government spent N673 billion and NNPC received N389 billion and other marketers got N283.979 billion. PPPRA said as at August, last year, NNPC received N667.534 billion while other marketers received N680.982 billion as at October, making a total of N1.35trillion.
However, more payments have been made by the government shooting up 2011 subsidy to N1.7trillion, while more payments are still expected
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Kewt: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, the FACT is that you lied. Subsidy payments is calculated annually. There's nothing like subsidy payment during OBJ/Yar Adua administration. You said subsidy payment in 2009 was N350billion. But I wrote to correct that LIE. Subsidy payment is carried out by an agency of govt called PPPRA. The subsidy payment in 2009 was N463billion.
In 2008, subsidy payment was N630billion.
In 2010, subsidy payment was N673billion.
http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=1198

STOP the LIES!

Just in case you don't know: Lie simply means deliberate distortion of facts and or figure in order to achieve certain benefits.

Of what benefit is it for me to lie?

Recall, you claimed there are many lies in my post and I am still waiting for you to debunk each with verifiable facts and links where necessary.

I raised over 15 areas of weaknesses and valid points where your paymaster Mr GEJ is grossly found wanting compared to his former boss and you have failed to logically debunk one.

At least I showed you the link that I based that assertion on, which is true and verifiable. The last subsidy payment in 2007 by OBJ/Yaradua administration was less than N350m. The fact that subsidy payment is calculated yearly is not in doubt and what i did was to pick a base year btw OBJ and Yaradua's administrtation and compare it with GEJ's.

Ok, let's even assume subsidy payment was not N350B but N463B as claimed in 2009 (A fact I am not disputing but which you just holding unto), does that now exonerate GEJ and how the number of licensed companies increased from less than 20 to over 100? Does it further justify the sharp increase in subsidy payments to over N1 trillion in 2011?

NO LIES.. But please let's learn to stop chasing shadows as no matter how fast you run, if you are not on the right path, your destination is but a settled matter.
(Dem say your Oga steal N10, you wan kill yourself say na lie, you say na N8 im still.. Abeg does dat now make him innocent?)

Please be guided.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Donweezy20: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2013
Even a child born 2day will agree wif me dat d late YAR'ADUA{R.I.P} is far better dan mr goodluck johnny.
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Salex007(m): 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
I go for Ya'aradua is far,far better than jonny
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by somze(f): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yar'adua's underwear could rule Nigeria better than GEJ

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. by jacintamary: 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
i thinik yar daua leadership is far beta than GEJ he is deciving his self and he should not allow dat sit to be more hoter dis year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Lament During The 2017 Xmas Holiday Due To Fuel Scarcity & More / ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim To Deliver $4trillion Economy / President Buhari Inaugurates Committee For Impact And Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.