Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says (2005 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Revolva(m): 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has said corruption is not the cause of Nigeria’s woes. The President made this remark as the remains of the late former National Security Adviser, General Owoye Azazi, were laid to rest in Yenagoa, yesterday.

Extolling the virtues of the late General, President Jonathan said Nigeria’s problems had more to do with attitude than the much vaunted ‘corruption pandemic’.

“Corruption is not the cause of our problems. Nigeria has more institutions that fight corruption.Most of the issues we talk about are not corruption.If we do things properly, if we change our attitude of doing things, most of the things we think are caused by corruption are not,” he said.

“If Nigerians would change their attitude, you will realise that most of these issues being attributed to corruption are not caused by corruption.

“Recently, I met with officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps who told me that they had discovered that majority of the road accidents are recorded on good roads. So you can see it is not a matter of corruption, it is an issue of the people’s attitude”.

“If we change our attitude to life , if all Nigerians do what is right, Nigeria will change”.

Governors Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State and Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa also lauded the virtues of Azazi who met his death alongside five others (including the former Governor of Kaduna State) in a crashed Naval chopper.

Mrs Diezani Allison Madueke, Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources, described the late Azazi as one of Nigeria’s “most thorough intelligence analyst.He had a great sense of humility and strength of character,” she said.
comme
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by achi4u(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
Jesu nwa david!;

That "most of the accidents were recorded on good road",thats the final lie of this year by our president and FRSC commission.
...last time I checked,most of the accidents were cost by baaaad road.

He said "corruption is not our problem but an attitude",in my own understanding "an attitude breed corruption";it is only bad 'mind' that can steal from the public purse.

Somehow nigeria may not survive this kind of myopic reasoning.

#I don't think am first to comment#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by 1025: 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2012
this kind of statement can only come from a beer palour and from an ogogoro soaked drinker. can a president make this kind of statement? YES but only in NIGERIA. HOW DID I END UP AS A NIGERIAN?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
I appreciate GEJ for every time he gets up to say something about failing in his responsibilities as a Leader of 160 million Nigerians.
What I do not appreciate is his continuous attempts at sounding smarter than a door nail. Trying to mix words with perceptions.. worse than insults. He has got at least 159.999 million Nigerians who are gullible and stoopid to believe this nonentity

7 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by freshPikin: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
damn
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by baralatie(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
a 2012 tread are been deliberated pushed up hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by baralatie(m): 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Revolva:

“Corruption is not the cause of our problems. Nigeria has more institutions that fight corruption

.Most of the issues we talk about are not corruption.
If we do things properly, if we change our attitude of doing things, most of the things we think are caused by corruption are not,” he said.

“If Nigerians would change their attitude, you will realise that most of these issues being attributed to corruption are not caused by corruption.

“Recently, I met with officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps who told me that they had discovered that majority of the road accidents are recorded on good roads. So you can see it is not a matter of corruption, it is an issue of the people’s attitude”.

“If we change our attitude to life , if all Nigerians do what is right, Nigeria will change”.
comme
PMB is getting bashed left and right for someone to bring up a 2012 tread!

God Bless Gej!

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by tolexy007(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
cheesy hero...
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Corruption gave birth to all the problem sir; mind u sir stealing is now corruption so.......

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by DelGardo: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
Oh boy! this guy was completely aloof. Chiiiizosu

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by SkyBlue1: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nigerians have a problem with amnesia so it is sometimes good to remind them of what has gone before, and how defenselessly bad the 6 years of Jonathan and the 16 years of PDP were. It should never repeat again in my lifetime I pray. The worst president Nigeria has ever had . . . and that is saying something considering that list includes OBJ.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by udemzyudex(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
achi4u:
Jesu nwa david!;

That "most of the accidents were recorded on good road",thats the final lie of this year by our president and FRSC commission.

He said "corruption is not our problem but an attitude",in my own understanding "an attitude breed corruption";it is only bad 'mind' that can steal from the public purse.

He is correct Bro... Most driver tend to over speed when they notice the road is free and good, when they notice the road is bad you will see them driving slowly so they won't damage their vehicle...

Making calls while driving, drinking and driving and not maintaining your car falls into the attitude thing...

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by suxkill: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
some people are blind and dull as their dullard president ooo

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Ofodirinwa: 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nigerians will continue to blame 'corruption' for everything until the country sinks. We want our appetites for drama to be feed with periodic witch hunts and accusations or do we want to actually solve problems we're facing like a civilized nation? Corruption is only used by upcoming governments to demonize the previous and current government because they want power. Every coupist from IBB to Abacha said they needed to take over because of 'corruption'. What's worst that corruption is not having a finance minister when the economy is at 50% inflation, and having your central bank governor run the finance of the federal government despite it being an independent body.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Phame: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
That was then .

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Phame: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
Corruption gave birth to all the problem sir; mind u sir stealing is now corruption so.......
why are just seeing this thread that was opened in 2012? Or does seun has system that hide thread and regurgitate them at intervals?
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Phame: 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
baralatie:

PMB is getting bashed left and right for someone to bring up a 2012 tread!

God Bless Gej!
check the time the op posted the news before showing ur blindness.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by drss(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
I agree with GEJ 200 percent. Buhari is a dulllaaed.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by egift(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2015

Am glad we made the right choice in kicking him out.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
achi4u:
Jesu nwa david!;

People drive slowly on a bad road and there's usually hold up, except at night when drivers can't see clearly. That's when it is more dangerous. It is on good roads that drivers speed, leading to accident.
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by baralatie(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Phame:
check the time the op posted the news before showing ur blindness.
I won't you to answer a simple question!
is this thread a 2012 thread or not!
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Phame: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
baralatie:

I won't you to answer a simple question!
is this thread a 2012 thread or not!
it is. But the time of posting it on nairaland is showing 2012 and not 2015. The OP posted it in that year and not now.
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by baralatie(m): 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
Phame:
it is. But the time of posting it on nairaland is showing 2012 and not 2015. The OP posted it in that year and not now.
and someone for only God knows dug up a 2012 thread for what particular reason?
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Phame: 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
baralatie:

and someone for only God knows dug up a 2012 thread for what particular reason?
maybe it has to do with the way nairaland is configured. Sometimes, when you click on 'politics' , it has pages numbering from 1-x , these pages contains all the thread ever posted on this section. Each time you click , it keeps bringing up both new and old topics. When you click another time, there is possibility of getting to see the topic on the last page on page one. That's how nairaland works.

Check the previous topic of the op, this is not among.

Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by baralatie(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Phame:
maybe it has to do with the way nairaland is configured. Sometimes, when you click on 'politics' , it has pages numbering from 1-x , these pages contains all the thread ever posted on this section. Each time you click , it keeps bringing up both new and old topics. When you click another time, there is possibility of getting to see the topic on the last page on page one. That's how nairaland works.

Check the previous topic of the op, this is not among.

now you understand!
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Phame: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
baralatie:

now you understand!
I don't want you to attribute that to anyone. I guess it is the system.
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by Yeske2(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thank God that drunk clueless thing was shoved off for good.
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by baralatie(m): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
Phame:
I don't want you to attribute that to anyone. I guess it is the system.
the pad responds to the touch of a finger(s) that is connected to a human body
Re: Corruption Is Not Nigeria’s Problem, Jonathan Says by macof(m): 1:11am On Oct 06, 2015
I actually think he was right

The attitude of Nigerians just isn't commendable. . Not that I blame Nigerians. ..well I blame "us" for lack of sincerity, and laziness.. most Nigerians are so lazy they sit and be like "our problems will just go away if we wish it away"

The Nigerian State = is affecting us in the wrong way
This diversity has brought political division, Social discrimination and outright hatred for a fellow countryman. ..nobody is ready to be patriotic to a State that means nothing to him

Corruption, at this stinking level is only inevitable

(1) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg To Visit Akwa-ibom / You Must Read This If You're A PDP Supporter / Rivers State Welcomes Barr Nyesom Wike today 24th oct - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.