Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661320 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stanliwise(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
This t6hread is getting boring pls stop
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Alpet(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Alpet: I'm a novice here. I want to go into mobile app and i wil like to go for either php or java. Ur candid advice is needed on which to go for between d two nd if there is other language u can advice me to go for apart from the two above..
Pls, kindly reply.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Alpet: Pls, kindly reply.

Java is the way
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adrainuche(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2013
dont8: Why is no one talking about BASIC-Beginner All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code?
BASiC is ideal for all beginners !!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
roadsta: @babakk2
[s]I´ll advice you go for JavaScript instead of php.(I think the future of php is been threatened anyway)[/s]
with js, its just one language for all(both client-side js and server-side with nodejs).Just give it a try and there are lost of online tut and free eBooks and lectures online especially from github.
Good luck in your new adventure.

dude no talk that thing
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by funkymeky: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pls I nid ur help.... I'm new to python pls I want to know if the programin lang nids a compiler and an interpreter... Pls if it does can I have d link to download them..thanks a lot house ur help will b highly appreciated
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ciphoenix: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2013
funkymeky: Pls I nid ur help.... I'm new to python pls I want to know if the programin lang nids a compiler and an interpreter... Pls if it does can I have d link to download them..thanks a lot house ur help will b highly appreciated

You could call it an interpreter www.python.org/getit/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by judy56: 5:02am On Jul 29, 2013
When starting programming learning, you may start from simple programming languages, such as C#, C++ or VB. Then, you can learn a more complicated one, such as Java.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 5:56am On Jul 30, 2013
judy56: When starting programming learning, you may start from simple programming languages, such as C#, C++ or VB. Then, you can learn a more complicated one, such as Java.

if these ones are simple, then Python, Perl, Ruby are what

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dibazz: 9:26am On Jul 30, 2013
Javanian: C#

C# is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing, imperative, declarative, functional, generic, object-oriented (class-based), and component-oriented programming disciplines. It was developed by Microsoft within its .NET initiative. C# is intended to be a simple, modern, general-purpose, object-oriented programming language.

Where can i learn C#?

Official Tutorials

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288436(v=vs.71).aspx

Others

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/csharp/index.htm

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html

http://www.csharp-station.com/tutorial.aspx

Ebooks

www.nbende.files./2008/07/simple-c-tutorial.pdf

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL37FF167549C26150

You can also get loads useful resources for learning c# and other .NET offerings on
1. ASP.NET,
2. http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/
3. Microsoftvirtualacademy.com
4. http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/

Happy programming!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dibazz: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2013
judy56: When starting programming learning, you may start from simple programming languages, such as C#, C++ or VB. Then, you can learn a more complicated one, such as Java.

LOL! What makes you think Java is more complicated than C++, VB or C#.

I would place Java, C# and VB on the same level in terms of complexity. From my experience, C++ is a bit more complicated.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brushesz: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2013

Lol... Did you say C++ is simple and Java is complicated?

Have you ever asked yourself why Java dont use pointers?

Have you tried reading a well documented C++ codes before? I mean well documented.

PLEASE NEVER YOU CATEGORISE CPP AS A JUST SIMPLE LANGUAGE

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
There should be a thread on which people can ask for help.

Has anyone done any project on image pattern recognition before?
I need suggestions on algorithms that you used that worked. I spent
the last few weeks jumping from one paper to another and what I currently have
isn't working... I want to be able to identify images that are drawn on a phone screen for example.

e.g If I draw "A", the system should be able to recognize that what I have drawn is an "A" and not B.

Please help me if you've done something similar before. Thanks!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blink6(m): 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
WebSolutnX:

That's coming from webdezzi - the king of actionscripts!
I respect his work with actionscript - I'm a fan.

see www.webdezzi.com
the guy's website is a killer one. looks more like a movie to me.
this actionscript thing, is it the python? and his site, was it designed with python? and can python be used to make cross-platform mobile apps?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brushesz: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2013
ekwah: There should be a thread on which people can ask for help.

Has anyone done any project on image pattern recognition before?
I need suggestions on algorithms that you used that worked. I spent
the last few weeks jumping from one paper to another and what I currently have
isn't working... I want to be able to identify images that are drawn on a phone screen for example.

e.g If I draw "A", the system should be able to recognize that what I have drawn is an "A" and not B.

Please help me if you've done something similar before. Thanks!

Sun Microsystems have done so much in predefined class component. The free JDK comes with some powerful API. You should play with some of them.

The class component of what you'll need for this particular project should be included in the commercial version. Check it out.

BUT If you are good in vectors and metrix then you should be able to build classes that can scan pixelated images and assign the value to a character.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
brushesz:

Sun Microsystems have done so much in predefined class component. The free JDK comes with some powerful API. You should play with some of them.

The class component of what you'll need for this particular project should be included in the commercial version. Check it out.

BUT If you are good in vectors and metrix then you should be able to build classes that can scan pixelated images and assign the value to a character.

Thanks man, the only problem in my own case now is that I wouldn't be feeding scanned images, but images that will be drawn on smart phones screens and I am coding in python not in java.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blink6(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
someone should please correct Me on this:
print str(now.month)+"/"+str(now.day)+"/"+str(now.year)+ "," + str(now.hour)+":"+str(now.minute)+":"+str(now.second).
I am planning to give a space between the date and time... and to use the + sign for spacing, not the ,
Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blink6(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
blink6: someone should please correct Me on this:
print str(now.month)+"/"+str(now.day)+"/"+str(now.year)+ "," + str(now.hour)+":"+str(now.minute)+":"+str(now.second).
I am planning to give a space between the date and time... and to use the + sign for spacing, not the ,
Thanks
I have fixed this now... by making another print for time on a new line.
Python is sweet... am kinda a noob, and am flowing easily. unlike my already taken lessons on java and php, python appears to be going well for me.
and I love webdazzi.com... if that site was designed using python, am so gonna learn python to the last, no matter the time. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Alpet(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
I went for NIIT scholarship test and I got excellent. Now, I want to go for JAVA to develop in mobile app, d amount I will pay now is #125,000. Pls advice does it worth paying d fee at NIIT for JAVA.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
Alpet: I went for NIIT scholarship test and I got excellent. Now, I want to go for JAVA to develop in mobile app, d amount I will pay now is #125,000. Pls advice does it worth paying d fee at NIIT for JAVA.

NO! NIIT is total Scam...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lifestyle1(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
Javanian:

NO! NIIT is total Scam...

I disagree with this, i did my A+ and CCNA With NIIT Ikeja, though A+ was nothing to write home about compare to the knowledge i had but the CCNA was fine.

+ it all depends on the individual...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
Aha! I talk am. O boy link me sharply on programming.
life_style:

I disagree with this, i did my A+ and CCNA With NIIT Ikeja, though A+ was nothing to write home about compare to the knowledge i had but the CCNA was fine.

+ it all depends on the individual...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blink6(m): 5:15am On Aug 02, 2013
been on codecademy for days now learning python... and am yet to see them show me how am gonna atleast start building a mobile app or website. or a I missing out something?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2013
blink6: been on codecademy for days now learning python... and am yet to see them show me how am gonna atleast start building a mobile app or website. or a I missing out something?

u are too in a hurry dude. You think u can create such stuffs in weeks knowing u are a learner For me, i create text, gui, pygame games with the tutorials and its more enjoyable. I dislike codecademy doe angry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by funkymeky: 11:23am On Aug 02, 2013
Ajibel:

u are too in a hurry dude. You think u can create such stuffs in weeks knowing u are a learner For me, i create text, gui, pygame games with the tutorials and its more enjoyable. I dislike codecademy doe angry
Pls how did you learn creating games with python.... Pls help... This my number 08039463706 WhatsApp or call. Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2013
@Funkymeky...erm, i used e-books i downloaded from the net to study and it isnt that easy doe buh if u enjoy what u are doing, it wont be difficult. Search for "pythonian" on fb and add me if u want my help smiley
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ephbe(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Gurus, I nid ur elps pls. Am aspiring to be a banker soon but I want to have a certification in IT dt will elp me later on cos I dnt hav d intention of workin in a bank for long. I want to start acquiring d certification now. I dnt have any idea of d certification to go for. I hav ORACLE in mind cos I was told it'll elp me even while still in bank. But den I was tinkin of networking as well.
If u were in my shoes, wat IT program wld u go for dat'll elp in banking industry and still be of use after I leave d banking industry too. Pls I nid responses.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.