Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661322 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=Good Boi]How long does take to learn c++ to the point of using programming c++?[/it all depends on you bro lets say one month u will be a good c++ programmer ad time goes on ur skill will improve.te]It
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GoodBoi1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
I mean using the modern features of c++, vectors, map, smart pointers...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good people of NL please i have been learning progamming and web development for a while. Please i need someone that i can always turn to when i run into coding problems. Please elders help me out my mail is .. I really want to a Pro asap
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dhortunn(m): 10:09am On Jul 19, 2013
Please, does anyone have an idea on how much it would cost me to get a programming tutor in Lagos?. NOTE: Am a beginner.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OCTAVO: 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
^The above post should be hidden.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by richoko60: 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
cyrielo: yeah sure go ahead
I am a database back end professional but want to learn front end starting with programming, which do you think i should start with? my area is Oracle Database 11g on Linux though still improving on it, i want to learn front end
Would appreciate your advice
Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adewasco2k(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
richoko60:
I am a database back end professional but want to learn front end starting with programming, which do you think i should start with? my area is Oracle Database 11g on Linux though still improving on it, i want to learn front end
Would appreciate your advice
Thanks
php
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adewasco2k(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
shollynoob: Good people of NL please i have been learning progamming and web development for a while. Please i need someone that i can always turn to when i run into coding problems. Please elders help me out my mail is shollynoob(at)yahoo.ca. I really want to a Pro asap
when you run into a problem just post it on the webmaster or programming section as the case may be, also you can post on stackoverflow
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ciphoenix: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
OCTAVO: ^The above post should be hidden.
I missed it angry
What did it say? cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
adewasco2k:
when you run into a problem just post it on the webmaster or programming section as the case may be, also you can post on stackoverflow
Thanks Bro
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Andacyn: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2013
I want somebody in Abuja to teach me PHP and MYSQL. contact me bistifanus@hotmail.com or 0803 216 4522
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sup bro. Longest time oh. wink. It depends on your location. If na lag u dey, u will definitely find someone.
shollynoob: Good people of NL please i have been learning progamming and web development for a while. Please i need someone that i can always turn to when i run into coding problems. Please elders help me out my mail is shollynoob(at)yahoo.ca. I really want to a Pro asap
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
2s£xy:
Sup bro. Longest time oh. wink. It depends on your location. If na lag u dey, u will definitely find someone.

Mr 2sexy, ndewo to u. I ll call u make we relate
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
no wahala bro
shollynoob:

Mr 2sexy, ndewo to u. I ll call u make we relate
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stanliwise(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2013
just make sure u cut your clothes according to your cloth.
just start with the one that you feel is easier for you do
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennbox(m): 11:19am On Jul 22, 2013
You can Learn Python.

Python programming is relatively beginner friendly, also it's a robust and featured language that you can do almost anything with.

If, you can, go through these tutorials

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/

Excellent for beginners

Cheers!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by babakk2(m): 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Goodday everyone in the house, i need somebody that can teach me PHP and MYSQL. I am a beginer, and believe i love php and mysql because of how it works. I am based in osogbo, but i can come to lagos if need warrant it. Thanx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
babakk2: Goodday everyone in the house, i need somebody that can teach me PHP and MYSQL. I am a beginer, and believe i love php and mysql because of how it works. I am based in osogbo, but i can come to lagos if need warrant it. Thanx

dude u can learn it on ur own and be good.dnt wait to be taught.there are lots of tutorials out there that can make u a pro after at most 5 months of dedicated study.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OCTAVO: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
babakk2: Goodday everyone in the house, i need somebody that can teach me PHP and MYSQL. I am a beginer, and believe i love php and mysql because of how it works. I am based in osogbo, but i can come to lagos if need warrant it. Thanx
PM me, I have some video tutorials that can teach you everything about PHP and MYSQL. I'm in ogbomoso, very close to Oshogbo, we can work things out.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by babakk2(m): 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ajibel:

dude u can learn it on ur own and be good.dnt wait to be taught.there are lots of tutorials out there that can make u a pro after at most 5 months of dedicated study.
Thanks for the advise, plz can i get the link for the tutorials?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OCTAVO: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2013
You can as well try www.w3schools.com
The site is loaded. You may join their forum there too.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by roadsta(m): 1:43am On Jul 23, 2013
@babakk2
I´ll advice you go for JavaScript instead of php.(I think the future of php is been threatened anyway)
with js, its just one language for all(both client-side js and server-side with nodejs).Just give it a try and there are lost of online tut and free eBooks and lectures online especially from github.
Good luck in your new adventure.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by babakk2(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2013
OCTAVO:
PM me, I have some video tutorials that can teach you everything about PHP and MYSQL. I'm in ogbomoso, very close to Oshogbo, we can work things out.
Thanx i tried to PM you but all to no avail. But 08034596524 lets talk there, text or call me and i will continue from there. Thanx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by babakk2(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2013
roadsta: @babakk2
I´ll advice you go for JavaScript instead of php.(I think the future of php is been threatened anyway)
with js, its just one language for all(both client-side js and server-side with nodejs).Just give it a try and there are lost of online tut and free eBooks and lectures online especially from github.
Good luck in your new adventure.
THANX FOR THE INFO, YOU HAVE CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP FOR ME.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by roadsta(m): 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
@
babakk2:
THANX FOR THE INFO, YOU HAVE CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP FOR ME.

You can post any request here or roadsta@hotmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Alpet(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
I'm a novice here. I want to go into mobile app and i wil like to go for either php or java. Ur candid advice is needed on which to go for between d two nd if there is other language u can advice me to go for apart from the two above..

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.