Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659168 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by IamNat: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Please i'm an 100Level student and i will like to learn programming very soon,i wanna get a system but i dont realy know which type of laptop will be okay for programming.

Can anybody please help with suggestions (name of the system or specs) that won't exceed #160k,but i will appreciate it better if its within #130k to #150k. It should also be price for brand new systems cos i'm afraid of all this London/UK used systems,never bought one before though.

Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kinghacker(m): 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
I will Advise you to start with desktop application, and Java as the programming language i think it is the best for starting
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kinghacker(m): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by IamNat: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
kinghacker:
You can Lean more here https://www.nairaland.com/2580765/lean-how-hack
Thanks for this,i will surely join you guys once i get my own laptop.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mexzony: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Where and how do I get comprehensive c#5.0 video tutorial
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by chrisley024(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Search youtube.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xtremrules(m): 12:57am On Sep 09, 2015
mexzony:
Where and how do I get comprehensive c#5.0 video tutorial
if you don't mind reading pdf, check this link http://it-ebooks.info/book/680/ you could https://channel9.msdn.com/ and search for C# videos
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mexzony: 7:57am On Sep 09, 2015
xtremrules:

if you don't mind reading pdf, check this link http://it-ebooks.info/book/680/ you could https://channel9.msdn.com/ and search for C# videos
I have PDF quite all right.just want to complement it with videos. You know read a topic on PDF and reinforce it with videos.
Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by smobnology(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
OPENING NUMBER OF WEBSITE USING PYTHON

So you just started in python programming, and want
to prank your arch nemesis. Here i will teach you
how to open any website on his computer using
python.
Before you begin download and install python
Step 1:
open notepad and type
import webbrowser
In python the "import" statement is used to add a
module to your project. In this case we want to add
the webbrowser module.
Step 2:.....continue reading http://www.smobnology.com/2015/09/opening-number-of-websites-using-python.html?m=1
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennykendo(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
For writing an OS which language is better ??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Sleekshady(f): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Pls I need help on assembly language
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by datoms: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
To those of you who want to learn programming and has decided on the language to start with. Please call 07082606876 or email me at thomasokeyson@yahoo.com to send you more than 10 materials as regards your field of study.
You are free to share so that other interested people can do same.
Be fast with your decision, this offer will only last for 3 days.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 15, 2015
PLS GURUS .I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT
THREAD.BUT PLEASE CAN YOU ASSIST ME IN
GETTING A LINK TO DOWNLOAD A PDF FORMAT
OF
THIS BOOK. [
b] A MIND FOR NUMBERS:HOW TO
EXCEL IN MATHS AND SCIENCE.(EVEN IF YOU
FLUNKED ALGEBRA).[\b]

author:babara oakley

PLEASE. I REALLY NEED THIS BOOK.I DARE TO SAY
I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. THANKS
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kasonud(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2015
My greetings,pls who ebook/tutorial video on web site from scratch should kindly help me kasonud@gmail.com thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Omosilade: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
Do you know how to develop iOS apps and can work as a Freelance or Full-time?

Send me a mail on demola@evendorafrica.com

Or call me on 07061068108
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by phrezzz: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
IamNat:
Please i'm an 100Level student and i will like to learn programming very soon,i wanna get a system but i dont realy know which type of laptop will be okay for programming.

Can anybody please help with suggestions (name of the system or specs) that won't exceed #160k,but i will appreciate it better if its within #130k to #150k. It should also be price for brand new systems cos i'm afraid of all this London/UK used systems,never bought one before though.

Thanks in advance.
Wat sch u in?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dumken(m): 8:50am On Sep 16, 2015
c programming might be old and obsolete but it's still worth learning and beta still, start with it cos it will give u an insight on other programming language. it will make u grow through the world of programming and make you appreciate others like c++,C#,java etc when u move over to them.
Advantages of c
1. Easy to learn and understand.
2. over 1001 textbooks with easy step by step explanation.
3. Easy debugging.
4. Flexible.

Disadvantages of c
1. Time consuming.
2. Lack safety(in terms of compilers).
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mexzony: 9:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Dumken:
c programming might be old and obsolete but it's still worth learning and beta still, start with it cos it will give u an insight on other programming language. it will make u grow through the world of programming and make you appreciate others like c++,C#,java etc when u move over to them.
Advantages of c
1. Easy to learn and understand.
2. over 1001 textbooks with easy step by step explanation.
3. Easy debugging.
4. Flexible.

Disadvantages of c
1. Time consuming.
2. Lack safety(in terms of compilers).
Who says you need to learn C to appreciate other languages. That is a fallacy that has been going around for a long while.
Productivity in that language is low compared to newer languages.
And yes its so time consuming a beginner might just get disillusioned.
As for me its a no no to C or C++.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by IamNat: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2015
phrezzz:
Wat sch u in?

Proudly Ladokite.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Topmaike007(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
for the newbies pls all this languages will it be downloaded as an app to the computer or what thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2015
Hi guru's in the house.. I need your help

Whenever I want to save something in my system, be it microsoft document or a movie I want to download with opera, mozilla or chrome, I always see 'not responding,' and then 'close or wait to respond' which will take forever till I close the page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling , but still the problem is still there.

I use windows defender as antivirus and I still have alot of space in my local disk.

Please help a sister. .. what do I do apart from formatting the laptop?

Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by halmat(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
Please who have a working download link of thinking in java... I've searched whole of Google for it but can't get a better result. I'm a newbie to programming and trying to start out with Java.

Really need this eBook to get me on track.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by halmat(m): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
Please who have a working download link for the jsva book, Thinking in java... I've searched whole of Google for it but can't get a better result. I'm a newbie to programming and trying to start out with Java.

Really need this eBook to get me on track.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2015
kinghacker:
I will Advise you to start with desktop application, and Java as the programming language i think it is the best for starting

sorry for my ignorance though but java is a hard language to learn for a beginner.......

Speaking from experience......

Most of you who learned java by simply typing System.out.println(); in an eclipse or netbeans ide without knowing the structure of a java program or other libralies to import really did not learn java!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by halmat(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2015
basbone:

sorry for my ignorance though but java is a hard language to learn for a beginner.......

Speaking from experience......

Most of you who learned java by simply typing System.out.println(); in an eclipse or netbeans ide without knowing the structure of a java program or other libralies to import really did not learn java!!

And sorry for my interference.

Who really learned java and can you state the language sequence for a beginner heading to desktop and mobile app development to follow. Mobile app to be precise

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.