Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660954 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Aloodunayo:
I'm also looking for the same. We can get to share information and solve problems
ibnquasale:
Any python whatsapp or BBM group?
Aloodunayo:
I'm also looking for the same. We can get to share information and solve problems
why don't we create on whatsapp and BBM.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 7:16am On Aug 18, 2015
qidos121:
why don't we create on whatsapp and BBM.

I learnt that one is already existing... let's just together 'wake it up' again
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2015
ibnquasale:

I learnt that one is already existing... let's just together 'wake it up' again
okay, i av messaged u on whatsapp so add me to the group. When did u start programing in python
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by micheal5772: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2015
Omari88:

Bro, do you have an email address?
Yes, SimplicityMichael@gmail.com.. Whatsapp 08071114558
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2015
qidos121:
okay, i av messaged u on whatsapp so add me to the group. When did u start programing in python

This sim card for my whatsapp is damaged, so, there's no way I can set it up. hopefully, it shld be up and running before friday.

I am a newbie, though, I av bn able to work on plenty project.

I have good background in database too...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
ibnquasale:

This sim card for my whatsapp is damaged, so, there's no way I can set it up. hopefully, it shld be up and running before friday.

I am a newbie, though, I av bn able to work on plenty project.

I have good background in database too...
I started reading on Sunday so I might need your help a lot along the way. and the whatsapp a messaged you with isn't mine cause my phone was stolen just planing on buying a new one so might not be available at all times. do u program in another language.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2015
qidos121:
I started reading on Sunday so I might need your help a lot along the way. and the whatsapp a messaged you with isn't mine cause my phone was stolen just planing on buying a new one so might not be available at all times. do u program in another language.

U will surely enjoy python. I have plenty ebooks and videos that can be of help. I can help u with links on where to download ursef, or give u if u stay not too far from me

Used to do other languages... Now all I do is sql, plsql, python...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
ibnquasale:

U will surely enjoy python. I have plenty ebooks and videos that can be of help. I can help u with links on where to download ursef, or give u if u stay not too far from me

K tank where do you stay........i stay at agege.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by desy24444(m): 1:06am On Aug 19, 2015
Started learning python too. Kind of addictive bt its fun if u re getting it. Guys I could use ur help wella.thank you pple.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by desy24444(m): 1:06am On Aug 19, 2015
Started learning python too. Kind of addictive bt its fun if u re getting it. Guys I could use ur help wella.thank you pple.
I want to ask wer I can get python source codes from?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Omari88: 6:19am On Aug 19, 2015
Can I get links to the ebooks and video downloads please?
ibnquasale:

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2015
u guyz shld answer me na,,,wch programming language wld b useful for a health professional(pharmacist)?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
Omari88:
Can I get links to the ebooks and video downloads please?

method 1

1. goto www.utorrent.org download the torrent client and install it on your system

2. goto www.piratebay.se and type whatsoever you want into the space provided and u are good to go

method 2
1. download 4k downloader from www.piratebay.se and install it on ur system
2. goto youtube.com and type whatsoever you want there.

the beauty of the second method is that the 4kdownloader can download a whole playlist at once on youtube

best of luck.

if you stay around sabo - alagomeji axis, then i can give you some in person

qidos121:
K tank where do you stay........i stay at agege.
i stay around sabo - alagomeji axis. meanwhile, i dont find it funny or polite in anyway when an adult replies me with 'k'
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
frankyskyboi:
u guyz shld answer me na,,,wch programming language wld b useful for a health professional(pharmacist)?

It depends on what you want to achieve.... At the same time, think big outside of your field, and i bet you wont look back again.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by umaryusuf(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
frankyskyboi:

Any Programming language can fit! Or better still ask ur senior colleagues or health forum and stick to the one that is most used among them.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Omari88: 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
Thanks Bro, I appreciate. Are there specific books you'll recommend to make my search easier?
ibnquasale:

method 1

1. goto www.utorrent.org download the torrent client and install it on your system

2. goto www.piratebay.se and type whatsoever you want into the space provided and u are good to go

method 2
1. download 4k downloader from www.piratebay.se and install it on ur system
2. goto youtube.com and type whatsoever you want there.

the beauty of the second method is that the 4kdownloader can download a whole playlist at once on youtube

best of luck.

if you stay around sabo - alagomeji axis, then i can give you some in person

i stay around sabo - alagomeji axis. meanwhile, i dont find it funny or polite in anyway when an adult replies me with 'k'
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by benetech: 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
pjosh1:
Am new to programming and planning on learning vb.net. Is it okay for a beginner to start with vb.net.
Please don't ignore
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 3:17am On Aug 20, 2015
Omari88:
Thanks Bro, I appreciate. Are there specific books you'll recommend to make my search easier?

Sure, there are alot of good books like
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

but for best result, just type python
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by anetuno(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
wisemania:

starting with JS only makes one a lazy programmer...
Remember he is not yet a programmer. Tell me what is lazy about javascript , it shows your knowledge of programming is very shallow.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 12:12am On Aug 27, 2015
bams2999:
star with Html
if you are looking for a soft starting point yes but if you wanna start hard start with an object oriented programming language
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Jarchi(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
ve bing wishing to knw how tp apply this python but i cant just figure out wat i can do with it. anybody who can help,it would make learning exciting and great if u can help and share ideal
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
Jarchi:
ve bing wishing to knw how tp apply this python but i cant just figure out wat i can do with it. anybody who can help,it would make learning exciting and great if u can help and share ideal
download(1) learning python by John Kutz pdf and (2)programming in python.... if you survive and finish both books u will know what to do with it...... I am also a begineer just started reading learning python.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fromnigeria(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2015
qidos121:
if you are looking for a soft starting point yes but if you wanna start hard start with an object oriented programming language
I have actuaally read and tried over and over again to understand the term OOP but its not getting in. Pls help in a layman's ...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2015
fromnigeria:

I have actuaally read and tried over and over again to understand the term OOP but its not getting in. Pls help in a layman's ...
download a book called byte of python read d part on oop... it really simplified......bt if u still don't get it I will advice u ask Wikipedia about the topic...i hope this is useful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.