Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660468 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kevoh(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2015
Good day guys, hope I'm not derailing.
Can someone direct me to a site for open source programming where I can download source codes that I can work with.
I have seen two sites but I keep getting messages install so and so, inorder to get a password before I can open the word files containing the source code. (Virus alert tongue). The other one tells me to complete a survey before I get the password but survey link keeps taking me to a gaming site.

NB: I want to develop an online hotel reservation system (non-commercial) but strictly for learning the associated programmes of which I have a fair knowledge of. Pls help out.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xtremrules(m): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
kevoh:
Good day guys, hope I'm not derailing.
Can someone direct me to a site for open source programming where I can download source codes that I can work with.
I have seen two sites but I keep getting messages install so and so, inorder to get a password before I can open the word files containing the source code. (Virus alert tongue). The other one tells me to complete a survey before I get the password but survey link keeps taking me to a gaming site.

NB: I want to develop an online hotel reservation system (non-commercial) but strictly for learning the associated programmes of which I have a fair knowledge of. Pls help out.
Visit sites like Github, CodePlex or [url=sourceforge.net]sourceforge.net[/url] and clone the repo or download. there are many others

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by liliian(f): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
xtremrules:

Visit sites like Github, CodePlex or [url=sourceforge.net]sourceforge.net[/url] and clone the repo or download. there are many others

Please i need help: https://www.nairaland.com/2685865/need-assignment-java-programming#39282992
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xtremrules(m): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
liliian:

Please i need help: https://www.nairaland.com/2685865/need-assignment-java-programming#39282992
Am really sorry, I don't know much about Java, i program with C#
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kevoh(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
xtremrules:

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate your effort.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
I am teaching Java on my blog - http://www.chinazomidoko..com.

You can start with Java
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by jaegermesiter: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Where nd hw can I get BASIC....pls any download link will be highly appreciated..not justbasic....d main BASIC
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by abenmariem: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
I suggest this core java tutorial: http://how-to-program-in-java.com/core-java-tutorial
It is still under construction. But, it contains very interesting core java tutorials.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by omoladeazeez: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
omoladeazeez :
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by omoladeazeez: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
omoladeazeez:
They are a lot of them, but these are the ones that i could think of at the time of writing.. grin

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES

1. Java

2. C

3. C++

4. c#

5. Objective C

6. PHP

7. Assembly Language

8. Javascript

9. Visual Basic

10. VB.NET

11. ASP

12. ASP.NET

13. PYTHON

14. Ruby

OTHERS

a. HTML

b. CSS

I will only talk about the ones on BOLD I can create business website for detail grin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by drysjasperfx: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
As a beginner it's a bad idea starting with languages such as c++, Java C# etc....from experience picking one of the following as a first language will give you edge over someone who picked c++, Java etc......python, Ruby, and processing.

Personal I would suggest Ruby as a first language because it's just a beautiful language, easy to understand, fun to code with and few weeks into it you can easily pick up the Rails Framework for serious Web Development
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Intellab(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Do anyone have crack version of xamarin that work?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by uchedotphp: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
hello,im new to nairaland but i am a software developer. I've been coding since 2013 till date and the first basic of any language should be html(web development). Almost all programming languages erupted from C. To be truthful programming isnt easy because you always want to be the best as soon as possible and it doesnt work that way. The more projects you do or try to do the more you research and broaden your knowledge. Its like being in elementary school, they teach you basic alphabets and some spellings but you have to go all the way on your own to know how to spell harder words. ITS THE SAME WITH PROGRAMMING!! Start with the basic html and when you digress itll be comfy for you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5voteks: 1:32am On Nov 06, 2015
Learn Php and Mysql Database.

http://lagos.locanto.com.ng/ID_612536000/Learn-from-Top-ICT-Skills-Secure-2016.html

within weeks, u can learn skills required to develop top
notch, and industry relevant Web apps.
These apps are worth millions in the ICT industry, and once you have the source code, you can sell or franchise your products to Corporate firms, NGO's or private businesses, over and over again.
Even better, you can get ROI from your apps by selling it to Companies abroad, via a ready made website marketplace.

Types of Web Apps you can learn:
1. Chatting Application- Similar to WatsApp
2. HRM/CRM Manager: For Human Resource personell
3. PIN GENERATOR: For School Result Checking
4. School Result Portal: For School Portal
5. Website Builder: Build website automatically for new clients. Similar to Wordpress & Joomla
6. Advertising Site: Similar to OLX, Jiji etc
7. Network Tool: A Console for controlling IP, Port Packets &
Routers
8. Geographic Statistics Tool: for Government Official
9. Multimedia Site: Similar to Youtube and Vimeo
10. Social Networking Site: Similar to Facebook, Twitter
11. Database Admin Manager: For Banks and NGO
12. INTRANET MAILBOX SYSTEM: For Customer helpdesk
13. RSS FEEDER: For Real-time feeds
14. CRON JOB Task Tool: For Web Automation
15. DOMAIN NAME REG Tool: For Domain Name Automation
16. Flash Animator Tool: For Action Script SWF
17. SMS Scheduler Portal Tool: For Automated SMS System
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Software202(m): 12:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Html, Css, JavaScript
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Redfox(m): 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
Redfox presents the world beyond just programming, script writing and big data simulation...

Enhance your industry skill set with analytics tools/programmes/application: SPSS, Eviews,R, SaS, STATA, SQL and VBA with vast but deep application in Microsoft Excel forecasting, Macroeconomic Modeling, Quantitative Risk Modeling, Business Analytics (BA), Social Research & Fixed income Analytic, we equip you with the right skills to break good.

Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Date: Nov 14/15 & Nov 21/22
Venue: Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Fee: 25,000
Add-ons: Stata 11.1SE and Eviews 8.0 software free plus video tutorials.

Note: Those interested in any other tool should indicate for a different session.

Technical advice and support for MBA research, Dissertation and Thesis also available 24/7.

Kingsley Redfox
ukwuomakk@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JoshRDWM(m): 3:24am On Nov 13, 2015
Java for sure...then android development...fastest way to make money is to publish apps!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by nic121: 9:07am On Nov 14, 2015
just dive. It is not like you are only going to stick to one for the rest of your programming life.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by rayval(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2015
Lets hook up with Mr Ajibade of Nigeria interbank settlement system (nibss)...@ nigeriadevelopers.com a social community inspired by the developers hangout organised by nibss.....with lot of job opportunities......if you were @ the Nigeria developers hangout, u sure know what I am talking about.....sign up, and search for oluwasegun Ajibade..follow him....opportunities to ask him questions...opportunities for us all.time for the real hangout....lot of us have been waiting for this opportunity...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fromnigeria(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Brothers, I need a link to download compressed Visual Studio setup file. Its a bit urgent. Thankssss in anticipation.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by redtomato8318: 9:51am On Nov 18, 2015
hihihi cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xtremrules(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
fromnigeria:
Brothers, I need a link to download compressed Visual Studio setup file. Its a bit urgent. Thankssss in anticipation.

Visit visual studio webpage and download the iso from there. Visit Visual Studio Download Page and choose the version to download
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fromnigeria(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
xtremrules:

Visit visual studio webpage and download the iso from there. Visit Visual Studio Download Page and choose the version to download
thanks and thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.