Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention (4579 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / 3rd Of June Is The Yoruba New Year / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 01, 2013
INNO18: For me i never Knew IGBOS and YORUBAS could engage in such Acrimony till i joined Nld mid this year. Here in Sokoto where i reside more often than not Igbos and Yorubas team up against Hausas whenever the need arises. My best friend here is a yoruba guy from Kwara(Sunday Adejumo). I just hope the tribal bigots dont carry this attitude into the new Year. Peace be unto all
From my understanding and the years I have spent living in Nigeria, the Igbos and Yorubas do get along very well. The tribalist on Nairaland are just individuals having fun, in real life, they are not like that. I sometimes yab Igbos on here as well but next minute, I would be on the phone talking to my best friends, Emeka from Nnewi(who speaks Yoruba more than I do with a lovely accent) and Obioma from Igbo etiti. I dated Igbo girls too and have loads of them as friends, they are pleasant and fun to be with. I have uncles, aunt and friends married to Igbos, I just called my niece who is half and half to wish her a happy nu year! . All the tribal insults on here are just people having fun. We are all the same Southern Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by ujchief(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2013
geeez: Just at the dawn of a new day, someone wakes up and believes a culture of pride, selfishness and jealously demonstrated by my Igbo brothers and sisters will change because the clock ticked?

Fingers crossed
^ ^ ^ u see what i mean? I'm going to keep playing cool and dumb, stomach all these insults for the common good.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by omiobo: 9:53am On Jan 01, 2013
....that Igbo and yoruba reason together is a testimony. God let this testimony be permanent in Jesus name. Amen!
Is Seun happy about this thread? Hunh! Temi ye mi o
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by allout: 9:53am On Jan 01, 2013
ujchief:
^ ^ ^ u see what i mean? I'm going to keep playing cool and dumb, stomach all these insults for the common good.

Ignore that guy, its when you call attention to their post that they become encouraged!

Well meaning folks, report any post you find offensive!

Moderators, don't lock simply clean up thread!

Get to work people!
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by tpia5: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2013
pow wow i think its called.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by allout: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2013
omiobo: ....that Igbo and yoruba reason together is a testimony. God let this testimony be permanent in Jesus name. Amen!
Is Seun happy about this thread? Hunh! Temi ye mi o

There're several topics yet untouched that'll drive more traffic than tribal ones! e.g. How do we rule the world?. . . yessoo! It could become a topic if we get our acts together by seeing beyond selfish and personal reasons!
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by omiobo: 10:00am On Jan 01, 2013
INNO18: For me i never Knew IGBOS and YORUBAS could engage in such Acrimony till i joined Nld mid this year. Here in Sokoto where i reside more often than not Igbos and Yorubas team up against Hausas whenever the need arises. My best friend here is a yoruba guy from Kwara(Sunday Adejumo). I just hope the tribal bigots dont carry this attitude into the new Year. Peace be unto all
Hope that guy is not a..nus? Stop drilling an.us? This is new yeargrin. Anyway I love ur post.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by felifeli: 10:01am On Jan 01, 2013
all-out:

Ignore that guy, its when you call attention to their post that they become encouraged!

Well meaning folks, report any post you find offensive!

Moderators, don't lock simply clean up thread!

Get to work people!

Thank you. I have reported the original post as offensive. grin
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MrGlobe(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2013
Rudebwoy: i want ignore some stupid off topic posts above. i am a proud igbo, sincerely i love yoruba more than any other tribe in nigeria.i did my nysc in ondo state and almost married an ondo girl just that we lost contact after my nysc.till now i identify with yoruba peop le anywhere i see them. can one believe that i can speak yoruba fluently and i leanrnt it here in igboland before i went ondo for nysc. we can live in peace if we wish to , for we have better understanding of ourselves than those other poeple who live in the area where boko operate .
you better watch your back before you shoot yourself by yourself.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2013
omiobo:
Hope that guy is not a..nus? Stop drilling an.us? This is new yeargrin. Anyway I love ur post.
No he's NOT!. There's something Africans dont get about us. Anyway i dont want to derail this thread. If you want to know more about people like me just holl@ and i'll email you everything.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by OsunOriginal: 10:14am On Jan 01, 2013
Untill we all start being patroitic and seeing ourselves as Nigerians first, the tribal war will continue - we dont have to deceive ourselves. It is not about saying God will punish whoever opens hate thread.

We know some people dont know enough and that make them to appear unpatriotic when they make contribution. My advice is, educate yourself through research - the internet has made this possible and very easy. All the information you need is already somewhere on a web-server - just google it and be objective when researching. Dont go in with a preconceived idea otherwise, there is no point researching.

And Igbos should not come here to seek for support from Yorubas to fight other tribes (hausas, etc) - show love to all and respect other people the same way you expect them to respect you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by passion007: 10:30am On Jan 01, 2013
OsunOriginal: Untill we all start being patroitic and seeing ourselves as Nigerians first, the tribal war will continue - we dont have to deceive ourselves. It is not about saying God will punish whoever opens hate thread.

We know some people dont know enough and that make them to appear unpatriotic when they make contribution. My advice is, educate yourself through research - the internet has made this possible and very easy. All the information you need is already somewhere on a web-server - just google it and be objective when researching. Dont go in with a preconceived idea otherwise, there is no point researching.

And Igbos should not come here to seek for support from Yorubas to fight other tribes (hausas, etc) - show love to all and respect other people the same way you expect them to respect you.
Way to ruin what was otherwise a disinterested and well-informed advice. You could have had 5 stars from me, but better luck next time.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2013
It is a difficult one to pledge that i won't attack my Yoruba friends this year but am gonna make a bold effort to refrain. Peace be unto all of you and to my Hausa warriors, Thou shall not bomb innocent people this year. Even if your prophet is degraded. Jesus has been ridiculed countless times but still has billions of followers (abi na hundreds of millions).

Cheers to Naija. Make we dey go o

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by allout: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2013
passion007: Way to ruin what was otherwise a disinterested and well-informed advice. You could have had 5 stars from me, but better luck next time.
^^^ Don't give up on him! Abeg, carry on with that our open mind!. . . it is well.

@ Tusky44: so long as you and your Yoruba friends don't fight on here, I wish you all da best!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by hardniola(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2013
well tribal comment start nd end in NL.....nd me love it so much it make me laugh hard when am down.huh
but it does not stop phyno ft olamide igbo nd yoruba are just padi nd too civil.
We yab each other nd laugh about it......even at place of work........tribal bashing good.
Mind not my engriiiiish.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2013
all-out:

^^^ Don't give up on him! Abeg, carry on with that our open mind!. . . it is well.

@ Tusky44: so long as you and your Yoruba friends don't fight on here, I wish you all da best!

I don't plan to fight. Am a jolly good boy this year cool
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by soma042(m): 10:47am On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is it possible to hate on what doesn't exist?

Look up and down the front page and show us one development in igboland posted by and igbo person on NL. The point is, the Yoruba folks on NL post developments in their region and obviously they display pride and joy rightfully, but your people quickly show up to either belittle the topic or come up with some other kind of nonsense.

These are your tribal threads..

Yoruba God Osun A LovePeddler
by Ikengawo. 106 posts & 652 views. 3:07am On Dec 30, 2012 (tpia@)
Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Nairaland's Anti-igbo Crusading (1) (2)
by Ikengawo. 79 posts & 394 views. 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2012 (St_Black)
Politics / Igbomina’s In Kwara And Osun Demand A Separate State
by Ikengawo. 3 posts & 83 views. 8:50am On Dec 29, 2012 (donroxy)
Politics / Was Odua An Osu?
by Ikengawo. 7 posts & 149 views. 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2012 (advocate666)
Politics / ACN Is Ready To Sell Nigeria To The Highest Bidder For Power
by Ikengawo. 10 posts & 144 views. 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2012 (gbanikiti)

If peace is what you are looking for, you first need to repent, cleanse yourself out and be honest with yourself...

this an't peace process and you no it. Bringing back the past døsn' pay . aww

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by redsquare(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2013
OsunOriginal: Untill we all start being patroitic and seeing ourselves as Nigerians first, the tribal war will continue - we dont have to deceive ourselves. It is not about saying God will punish whoever opens hate thread.

You see the problem with you guys? Calling Igbos instead of Igbos, and who is seeking for your support to fight Hausas?
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by soma042(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

Didn't know your are a joker. I have no time to waste on this foolery, carry on.

im watchimg ur post closely pls dont bring back 2012 to nairaland we dont want it lets forget the past blood bath on this forun i'll think that what the o.p has in mind on opening this tread
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ngwakwe: 10:57am On Jan 01, 2013
There is Tribalism, when taken too far begats bigotry, hate speeches and statements.

However, there are Political Debates.

You can argue for or against topics/statements like this without ethnic ranchor and sentiment. While at it, presenting your points without insulting your opponent:

Gov. Rochas Okorocha is Wasteful
or
Gov Fashola is Insensitive

There are also Social, Moral and Cultural Debates that can be argue for or against.

For us to live in peace and accept/tolerate each other, we must continue to debate. In doing so, we shape a better future for this Country.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Gbawe: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2013
@OP

You are wasting your time. One thing many simply don't understand is that it is the worst losers, from all ethnic groups, who make their way to this forum because they love all the ethnic wars, finger-pointing and hollow noise of ethnic superiority that makes them feel better about their personal lives which is probably pathetic. Those people are not here for ethnic harmony.

They are here to fight each other and carry on whatever vendetta or 'unfinished business' plagues their hateful and malevolent souls. Those sort , perhaps frustrated and unfulfilled in reality, blame and want to remain blaming other ethnic groups for their woes. Good luck trying to foster peace between those sort of losers. Better yet, learn to ignore them and their repetitively childish and inane gibberish.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by OsunOriginal: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2013
Tusky44:

I don't plan to fight. Am a jolly good boy this year cool

I am waiting to see how a number changing from 2012 to 2013 over a second will change you.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Sonofpeace(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2013
i hope that the moral of this thread is honored by all parties involved. it will help us as a people to talk constructively without any atom of sentiment. I am Igbo and my best friend when i was in Ghana was Sheyi a yoruba dude.We go to church together and he works with me at my uncles shop. People thought we were brothers. My coming to NL was as result of a research i was doing on sierra leone creols and NL gave me all i was looking for. However, nothing intelligent void of tribalism can be found these day in nairaland which forced me out of this wonderful forum for a long time.
The question is what happened to Nairalanders?
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by mike404(m): 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
0lumide: It's just simple to solve. Igbos should stop lying on Awolowo and also stop hating every time there is news about developments in Yoruba land. simple!!

I think that's what Yorubas on the forum wants (I may be wrong). I can't say what the Igbos want.

I love you all Nigerians!!!!! We shall overcome The Okonjos, OBJs, GEJs, Segun Agangas!!

This year, it will be prosperity for Nigeria and Nigerians as we sweep out the corrupt and send them to the pits of hell where they came from.
we shall equally overcome BUHARI'S grin
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Malawian(m): 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yeah-yeah!!! Yorubas like giving advice that they cant even take themselves. Someone just said we should see ourselves as nigerians first. Did awolowo see himself as a nigerian first? And this is the people that will shed the last sound of their voice to defend awolowo. All the same, it is january 1st. In the spirit of the new year, we can do a pretend "reconciliation", but make no mistakes, nairaland is about to get intresting. I am going to bash the living daylights into you guys this january, and it will be extreme. *How are you my yoruba friends?*
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by DANILSA(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2013

SHUT-UP FAKE OSUN MAN, WHAT IS Igbos?
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Malawian(m): 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
The problem with the yoruba people is that when you bash any yoruba "statesmen" they take it as a bash on all yoruba, unlike my igbo people who only sees it as a bash on such a person. Tell me, who then is culturally the tribalistic tribe?
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by tpia5: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
Did somebody say mod and afam4 ever in the same sentence?

Hmm.

In that case, desola needs to be made a mod also.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
Malawian: The problem with the yoruba people is that when you bash any yoruba "statesmen" they take it as a bash on all yoruba, unlike my igbo people who only sees it as a bash on such a person. Tell me, who then is culturally the tribalistic tribe?

Really? so how come Ibos are breaking nerves all over the forum on Achebe matter?

Kai...!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by manny4life(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hmm,

HNY to everyone... grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
tpia@:
Did somebody say mod and afam4 ever in the same sentence?

Hmm.

In that case, desola needs to be made a mod also.

The guy is now a Mod ooo....flexing muscle all over the section hiding posts all day.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by tpia5: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
I'll update my mod thread soon undecided

Seun are his crew are doing their best to oppress yorubas on this site, but oloun o gba fun won.

We'll see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria Political Agenda That Must Not Fly / Price Of Ad Paid For By Fayose! (PICS) / North Supplied Most of Nigeria Electricity For Many Years Without Much Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.