Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention (4580 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / 3rd Of June Is The Yoruba New Year / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

The guy is now a Mod ooo....flexing muscle all over the section hiding posts all day.
LOOL
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by mafifle: 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
I hope this convention is not intended to gag or masquerade the truth about Yoruba and Igbo people.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by BABSIN(m): 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
You are looking for peace between Igbo and Yoruba.. I just hope this peace strategy is not to consolidate and form alliance against the North (Hausas) If na so, The process will never work In Sha Allahu...Cos this Country belongs to us all.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by OsunOriginal: 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
DANILSA:
SHUT-UP FAKE OSUN MAN, WHAT IS Igbos?

Igbo means to rig election like you did in 2011 when 100% turn out was recorded in most Igbo states.

And Igbo-Igbo means election rigger.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Joeblis(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
^^Look at this bush-meat stressing maters
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by DANILSA(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Igbo means to rig election like you did in 2011 when 100% turn out was recorded in most Igbo states.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue LIKE OBJ AND TINUBU
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by seunny4lif(m): 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
THANK GOD,I MIXED WILL ALL TRIBES AND COUNTRIES..ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS,IS AN IBO BOY AND IN SHORT I HAVE ONLY TWO YORUBA GUYS AS A CLOSED PAL.PRESENTLY,AM STAYING IN AN IBO MAN'S HOUSE BEEN SURROUNDED BY IBOS AS FRIENDS AND EVERYWHERE,I HAVE BEEN IS ALWAYS WITH OUTSIDER AS MY FRIENDS.................
saxywale:
From my understanding and the years I have spent living in Nigeria, the Igbos and Yorubas do get along very well. The tribalist on Nairaland are just individuals having fun, in real life, they are not like that. I sometimes yab Igbos on here as well but next minute, I would be on the phone talking to my best friends, Emeka from Nnewi(who speaks Yoruba more than I do with a lovely accent) and Obioma from Igbo etiti. I dated Igbo girls too and have loads of them as friends, they are pleasant and fun to be with. I have uncles, aunt and friends married to Igbos, I just called my niece who is half and half to wish her a happy nu year! . All the tribal insults on here are just people having fun. We are all the same Southern Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MajeOfficial: 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
Good Morning everyone! It looks like we have a new moderator! Though idk what inspired it i hope that he'll be the one that cleans things up!
Congrats to Afam (i think that's his name), We're all calling for a change, don't be a typical nigerian leader, thank you!
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MegaMan2020: 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
I like the Igbos that don't seek to blame the Yorubas for all their problems in the World. The Igbos that come to Yorubaland and respect their hosts. Those people will do good in life. i have no time for the finger poiniting crying babies with a constant victim mentality and inferiority complex. The ones that rush to Yoruba threads trying to derail them out of jealousy. If we can keep those type of people away from Nairaland I will welcome the Igbos with open arms.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Geomac: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
[quote
author=BABSIN]You are looking for peace between Igbo and Yoruba.. I
just hope this peace strategy is not to consolidate and form alliance
against the North (Hausas) If na so, The process will never work In Sha
Allahu...Cos this Country belongs to us all.[/quote]
Ameen
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Malawian(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
Dont we still all hear these yorubas talking about others "coming to their land"? I tot we were meant to be nigerians first before being yoruba? What a bunch of hippocrites. So they see others as "comming to their land" rather than "moving to other parts of nigeria". You guys keep sh1tting in your sitting rooms here. "Yorubas are the problem with nigeria" - SLS.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MegaMan2020: 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Malawian: Dont we still all hear these yorubas talking about others "coming to their land"? I tot we were meant to be nigerians first before being yoruba? What a bunch of hippocrites. So they see others as "comming to their land" rather than "moving to other parts of nigeria". You guys keep sh1tting in your sitting rooms here. "Yorubas are the problem with nigeria" - SLS.

Afam are you not going to ban your fellow tribesman for this tribalistic statement? Be fair and do your job!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ikengawo: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
Igbos are greater in number in Port Harcourt as a percentage than yorubas are in Lagos.
Yoruba people need to stop acting as if Lagos is strictly 'yoruba land' because igbos are ok with saying Port Harcourt isn't completely igbo.

Lagos, PH, Calabar, Jos, and Abuja are cities largely built by the FEDERAL Nigerian government, not a single tribe or ethnicity. As much as you can say Lagos is Yoruba, another person can say it's Bini because it was originally their war camp. To a greater extent it was founded by the Portuguese and nurtured by the British until independence when it was a united federal capital with a northerner as president Lagos is the manifestation of a united Nigeria and this is why it's progressing. It's not Ibadan and shouldn't be. I don't consider Lagos south western, it's it's own region, it has it's own culture that is as different from the culture in Ibadan as it is from the culture in Enugu. This is why governor Fashola doesn't speak on Tribal issues. Lagos can very well be it's own tribe. A Lagosian is a breed of Nigerian that's different from the rest regardless of origin, the city is it's own entity and changes everyone.

hell most yoruba kids with origins in Ekiti but live in Lagos groan when they have to go back to ekiti to visit family the way kids with origins in imo groan when they have to go back to the village and visit family because they're Lagosians, Lagos culture is their culture and lagos is their home.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by chino11(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hmmmm..will it work

if yes, then its a good idea
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MegaMan2020: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ikengawo: Igbos are greater in number in Port Harcourt as a percentage than yorubas are in Lagos.
Yoruba people need to stop acting as if Lagos is strictly 'yoruba land' because igbos are ok with saying Port Harcourt isn't completely igbo.

Lagos, PH, Calabar, Jos, and Abuja are cities largely built by the FEDERAL Nigerian government, not a single tribe or ethnicity. As much as you can say Lagos is Yoruba, another person can say it's Bini because it was originally their war camp. To a greater extent it was founded by the Portuguese and nurtured by the British until independence when it was a united federal capital with a northerner as president Lagos is the manifestation of a united Nigeria and this is why it's progressing. It's not Ibadan and shouldn't be. I don't consider Lagos south western, it's it's own region, it has it's own culture that is as different from the culture in Ibadan as it is from the culture in Enugu. This is why governor Fashola doesn't speak on Tribal issues. Lagos can very well be it's own tribe. A Lagosian is a breed of Nigerian that's different from the rest regardless of origin, the city is it's own entity and changes everyone.

hell most yoruba kids with origins in Ekiti but live in Lagos groan when they have to go back to ekiti to visit family the way kids with origins in imo groan when they have to go back to the village and visit family because they're Lagosians, Lagos culture is their culture and lagos is their home.

But lagos is in Yorubaland. Period. All the people of power in Yorubaland are Yorubas for a reason. Sop Igbos such as yourself should stop acting like you own the place just because you run there by the millions. It's not even just Lagos any more is it? it's even spread to villages in Ibadan and Ogun state. Respect your hosts for a change!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
Malawian: Lagos is a part of nigeria first before being "yoruba land" which is even debateble. We are going to lagos (another part of nigeria) and not "yorubaland". E be like all these [size=14pt]ofenmanu[/size] una dey grub do insulate una brain finish sotee una no fit use am again. Una brain go cost o cos na still brand new brains una get.

Yet we have a new bigot-mod who continues to watch
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by ak47mann(m): 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
other tribes need to change their attitude first and accept when they did wrong before one nigeria can work.If the attitude continues,forget one nigeria cool or one southern nigeria i must say....

Because NATO/UN are now calling us northern and southern nigeria so the division has gone beyond us
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Onlytruth(m): 12:27am On Jan 02, 2013
Here's my take on this idea.

The main truth about the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba is that real life interaction between the two groups is not as rancorous as here in Nairaland, and I don't really want to go into the reason behind this dichotomy of behavior online and offline; all I have to say is that the feelings expressed here should be diagnosed.
One thing I know, is that relationship between the two groups is often wounded most by insensitivity of some Yoruba posters to Igbo deaths during the Biafran war.

One can overlook mockery over the deaths of politicians and leaders in coups and the like, but a normal human being would QUARELL SERIOUSLY over mocking of the deaths of innocent children during the war. Igbo are a very forgiving and forward looking people, but the flippancy of some Yoruba posters here often make Igbo look back and vow never to forget or allow a repeat, and in the process the relationship between the two groups sully here, and some take it to real life.

I will continue to repeat this advice to Yoruba posters, PLEASE STOP MOCKING DEAD CHILDREN WHO DIED OF THINGS THEY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.
That is the point of the beginning of reconciliation between the two groups here. If you can, please appoint one of your own to police such comments here, because no matter what anybody says, that is the ONLY trigger of hate and suspicious between the two groups here.

I wish all Yorubas whatever they are wishing Igboland in 2013.

Happy new year to all Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by PaulJohn1: 1:14am On Jan 02, 2013
^^
First reasonable post I've read from this guy

2013 must be great

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by emiye(m): 1:59am On Jan 02, 2013
May be Yoruba's and Igbo's should declare a 21 day cease "fire" . Who knows? It just might become a habit.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ikengawo: 2:16am On Jan 02, 2013
I like that idea. We also need a Blacklist of people we know will probably violate the cease fire so that their opinions aren't counted as igbo opinions or yoruba opinions and we don't go back into tribal fights because of their stupidity

As an Igbo im ready to nominate Malawian to the list.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by cfours: 2:49am On Jan 02, 2013
Ikengawo: Igbos are greater in number in Port Harcourt as a percentage than yorubas are in Lagos.

who cares if PH is Igbo? I have never seen any yoruba tearing his/her hair out arguing that PH belongs to yorubas. most yorubas have never even been anywhere near PH. that's between you and the minority tribes to fight out. But of course if they come to us to side them in the debate (ex. secession/biafra border dispute etc) then we will gladly oblige.
if PH is igbo, then claim it as Igbo. If you have restraints in calling it igbo. then it's your guilty consicience working in you.
No yoruba has any guilty consience about calling Lagos a yoruba state. because it is!!
Eko O ni baje. the history, the traditions. All yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Malawian(m): 2:52am On Jan 02, 2013
Ikengawo: I like that idea. We also need a Blacklist of people we know will probably violate the cease fire so that their opinions aren't counted as igbo opinions or yoruba opinions and we don't go back into tribal fights because of their stupidity

As an Igbo im ready to nominate Malawian to the list.
AKPA, OKPU, AJI NA MKPULU AMU GI THERE. Nominate me for gini? O di ka e sere afifia na abali a.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by cfours: 3:20am On Jan 02, 2013
MegaMan2020:

But lagos is in Yorubaland. Period. All the people of power in Yorubaland are Yorubas for a reason. Sop Igbos such as yourself should stop acting like you own the place just because you run there by the millions. It's not even just Lagos any more is it? it's even spread to villages in Ibadan and Ogun state. Respect your hosts for a change!!!

LOL abi o grin
I think they are confused because they assume that yorubaland functions the same way as igboland
They don't know that pretty much ALL of SW is YORUBA. infact, part of Benin (the country)sef and even extending toward Togo.
but you don't see us claiming Porto-Novo or Cotonou which are pretty much almost yoruba cities. grin we just see them as kins sharing our language and culture that's all. we yorubas see our ethnic group as a cultural unit. I think igbos see it more as a political unit hence their aggressiveness and our laid-back ness. we let our strong culture work for us and relax. while many igbos feel the need to play (unnecessary and sometimes destructive) power-tussles to flex weak muscles. lol

the funny thing is that even if million igbos live in Lagos, we will absorb them and assimilate them into the yoruba culture. we have been doing it since time memorial and we will continue to do it. 90% of the so called igbo people in lagos, ibadan or wherever are wearing iro and buba complete with gele and singing "oti se o bab ti se o" in the redeemed churches. Most of the younger generation can speak yoruba but can't speak a lick of igbo.
the stubborn ones that want to remain attached to SE can move back to igbo-land if they're not happy.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by cfours: 3:58am On Jan 02, 2013
Metalgoong: This peace convention is a Greek gift being offered by yaribas people. . .
Wise Igbo men and women should reject this proposal right away . .
Yoruba people are betrayers - trust them and they will back-stab you and splash their polythene bag packaged corrosive shyyte on your face!

where is Afam!! grin
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by seunfly: 4:08am On Jan 02, 2013
OsunOriginal:

shot up you this wicked tribal bigot, i know you are not a true yoruba guy cos we love other peaple as it is seen in any yoruba state. So peaple pls ignore him
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 02, 2013
Onlytruth: Here's my take on this idea.

The main truth about the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba is that real life interaction between the two groups is not as rancorous as here in Nairaland, and I don't really want to go into the reason behind this dichotomy of behavior online and offline; all I have to say is that the feelings expressed here should be diagnosed.
One thing I know, is that relationship between the two groups is often wounded most by insensitivity of some Yoruba posters to Igbo deaths during the Biafran war.

One can overlook mockery over the deaths of politicians and leaders in coups and the like, but a normal human being would QUARELL SERIOUSLY over mocking of the deaths of innocent children during the war. Igbo are a very forgiving and forward looking people, but the flippancy of some Yoruba posters here often make Igbo look back and vow never to forget or allow a repeat, and in the process the relationship between the two groups sully here, and some take it to real life.

I will continue to repeat this advice to Yoruba posters, PLEASE STOP MOCKING DEAD CHILDREN WHO DIED OF THINGS THEY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.
That is the point of the beginning of reconciliation between the two groups here. If you can, please appoint one of your own to police such comments here, because no matter what anybody says, that is the ONLY trigger of hate and suspicious between the two groups here.

I wish all Yorubas whatever they are wishing Igboland in 2013.

Happy new year to all Nigerians.

Well said. Happy new year smiley
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ngwakwe: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2013
It baffles me how educated people will come here and start dragging land and literally killing themselves for what is transferable.

Alaska was owned and administered by Russia but was bought by USA

Come to my hometown in Aba, some of my kinsmen are now visitors by virtue of their parents selling all their inherited lands and nobody is killing anybody for it.

If you sell your land, don't mourn and groom over it and hoping to get it back one day through crook and declaration of war.

Just get over it as my people has done where non indigenes are invariably in majority, and most times represent Aba in National Assembly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iraq/syria ISIS ISLAMISTS - Islamic State Of Maghreb Will Include NIGERIA! / Finally Revealed!! Jonathan Is Boko Haram / Price Of Ad Paid For By Fayose! (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.