Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation (10773 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Picture Of One Of Jonathan's New University / President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Builder: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2013
SELFWORTH:

And what do you know about leading a nation like Nigeria? I take it you are an experienced ex-president .

Please tell us what YOU will do if you were made the president of Nigeria to prevent ignorant citizens from calling you 'mumu'. Please make sure you give us miracle cures not policies that will take a few years to be embedded into the economy.

Its clear to any human being with half a brain that Ebele is the worlds most ignorant president... this is a man elected on a platform of change and progress.. what has he acheived since he took office? i await your answer on that.

im no ex president but a patriotic nigerian and it pains me to the bone to see this great country collapse before my eyes... this is a nation with potentials... our educational system is a farce, our health service is non-existent, civil servants are just existing not living, massive unemployment, lack of social amenities, homelessness on the rise, corruption, mismanagement, embezzlement on the increase.. social exclusion is the order of the day. yet, we claim we have oil yet we wallow in poverty.. everyday we read on the daily newspaper how much the nation is borrowing yet we see no change no improvement on the ground .. just politicians fatten their pockets. everyday we read of boko harem terrorizing people in the north, everyday we see our president tell us different irrelevant stories. Since he became president, how many politicians have been jailed for corruption or abuse of office, the case of sanator faruk his case swept under the carpet never to sufface again. GEJ is a sophisticated slowpoke.

If i were the president this is what i will do in no particular order (1)remove all immunity from all serving politicians (2) revamp our ailing health service, educational system and poliice force (3) provide jobs by contracting all construction and engineering jobs( build roads, refinaries, hospitals, social amenities, communications, housing etc) to foreign contractors making sure their workforce comprises of 70% nigerians and build vocational schools controlled by the state to fast track students into the job market.(4) focus of farming and agriculture and less dependant on oil (5) give the world bank, imf and other world financial instituition the middle finger (6) focus of tourism(7) safety and security. If Gej have adopted the above as his priority, nigeria and nigerians will be proud and beat their chest with prestige anywhere in the world. Dubai, China, Brazil are a testimony to this.. how can we have a country of about 160 million people yet we dont manufacture nada, we dont export anything, well apart from our thieving pastors and their churches.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by epitome86: 11:22am On Jan 01, 2013
we knew u are gud in delivering speech.... ACTION THINGZ PLS GEJ
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by jaymichael(m): 11:38am On Jan 01, 2013
too long. somebody please summarize for me.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by idirect(m): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2013
Builder:

Its clear to any human being with half a brain that Ebele is the worlds most ignorant president... this is a man elected on a platform of change and progress.. what has he acheived since he took office? i await your answer on that.

im no ex president but a patriotic nigerian and it pains me to the bone to see this great country collapse before my eyes... this is a nation with potentials... our educational system is a farce, our health service is non-existent, civil servants are just existing not living, massive unemployment, lack of social amenities, homelessness on the rise, corruption, mismanagement, embezzlement on the increase.. social exclusion is the order of the day. yet, we claim we have oil yet we wallow in poverty.. everyday we read on the daily newspaper how much the nation is borrowing yet we see no change no improvement on the ground .. just politicians fatten their pockets. everyday we read of boko harem terrorizing people in the north, everyday we see our president tell us different irrelevant stories. Since he became president, how many politicians have been jailed for corruption or abuse of office, the case of sanator faruk his case swept under the carpet never to sufface again. GEJ is a sophisticated slowpoke.

If i were the president this is what i will do in no particular order (1)remove all immunity from all serving politicians (2) revamp our ailing health service, educational system and poliice force (3) provide jobs by contracting all construction and engineering jobs( build roads, refinaries, hospitals, social amenities, communications, housing etc) to foreign contractors making sure their workforce comprises of 70% nigerians and build vocational schools controlled by the state to fast track students into the job market.(4) focus of farming and agriculture and less dependant on oil (5) give the world bank, imf and other world financial instituition the middle finger (6) focus of tourism(7) safety and security. If Gej have adopted the above as his priority, nigeria and nigerians will be proud and beat their chest with prestige anywhere in the world. Dubai, China, Brazil are a testimony to this.. how can we have a country of about 160 million people yet we dont manufacture nada, we dont export anything, well apart from our thieving pastors and their churches.

God bless you, bless your family. Am really impressed with your write up. I doze my hat for u
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Telez(m): 11:45am On Jan 01, 2013
[size=20]HAPPY NEW YEAR !!![/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by cdz: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2013
As a student of language, I come to speeches not for entertainment but for information. I am therefore not particularly impressed by flowery, yet empty, phrases. The hallmark of a good speech is sincerity. I regret to state that the present speech is at variance with the Nigerian reality and riddled with political doublespeak.

The claim that "We have in the last year achieved a lot in terms of the positive transformation of vital sectors of our national life such as public infrastructure, power supply, oil and gas, transportation, education, health..." is one such example of variance with reality. "We remain resolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope for human freedom continues to expand..." Is yet another instance of the same failing because democratic growth and expanding scope of human freedom are each at odds with unbriddled corruption in government quarters and ever-increasing acts of terror and thriving criminality which came very close to the corridors of power through the kidnap of the finance minister's aged mother.

"Let us all therefore resolve as we celebrate the new year to place the higher interests of national unity, peace, stability and progress above all other considerations..." Governments in civilised climes know that no interest, not even the national interest, is above the individual well-being of the ordinary citizens of a nation. Unity, peace and stability are qualities that only the content can foster.

Whoever writes the president's speeches should please note that the audience of these speeches is not foreign and that the aim of speeches of this calibre is not entertainmet. This piece reeks of cheap student-union, grandiose, yet empty, sloganeering.

The president should get better speech writers. And give them something worthwile to write about through his performance in office.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by fxskye: 11:58am On Jan 01, 2013
SELFWORTH: I pray that God will continue to assist the President in Jesus name. Amen All the enemies of the progress of Nigeria will continue to suffer the faith of Pharaoh. All the enemies of GEJ will continue to eat their words because God will put them all to shame. Amen.
U top d list of GEJ n Nigeria enemies.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by vanstanzy(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2013
O $h!7, has GEJ dropped another bombshell, like he always does at this time. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by vanstanzy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
Summary pls! I dey tire to read our politicians lengthy speeches, cos na so so promise and fail. sad sad sad
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by ifihearam: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
God bless you Mr president.

In my church today during the cross over service,a prophecy was given concerning GEJ which stated that there is a conspiracy currently going on within his cabinet members to eliminate him so the vice president can become the president.This however was prayed about and i believe that God has intervened,it was further disclosed tht the president has good agenda and heart for this country but the people within him are more powerful than him and they quench every good intention he has.

I ask all well meaning nigerians to commit our dear president in prayers for God to help him and scatter every contrary plans against him. In JESUS MIGHTY AND PRECIOUS NAME.

AMEN AMEN AMEN
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by fxskye: 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
Our dear president, we as a nation are tired of speeches wihout actions.
May you be judged according to the way you governe us as a country!
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by ogaisaac(m): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hello mr. President. We do know u wit sweet speaches, gud promises, and gud plan 4 9ija. But d many questions is, where is d action dat could back up dis promises? I rememba in one of ur speach, u said Nigerians are going 2 smile cum dis 2013. Bot no sign of smiling yet on ous faces. Well, we depend on God and nt d presidency.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by anataala: 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
SELFWORTH: I pray that God will continue to assist the President in Jesus name. Amen

All the enemies of the progress of Nigeria will continue to suffer the faith of Pharaoh.

All the enemies of GEJ will continue to eat their words because God will put them all to shame. Amen.
your are part of his problem amin
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by ceaser: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
Should have been more like...

gboyetade: 10. I say it again, we are determined to continue
to lie more. We will loot more, not less. We
will remain adamant.

I can assure y'all this what's gonna transpire this year.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by khrisponty(m): 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2013
Dear President, with profound respect and Utmost humility to your job creation promises, I personally can create 6,000 jobs each in the 31 Local Government Area of Akwa ibom State guaranteed. This can surely go a long way to helping your Government accomplish its Goal, to all those who can Help realize this Dream and possibility, and get me the connect, please don't hesitate to reach out to Me. God bless Nigeria, God bless Akwa ibom state.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by SELFWORTH: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
Builder:

And you will do all these in one term? Please contest in the next election and we will all vote for you.

You Nigerians love lies. You are gullible and thats why your politicians find it easy to lie to you that Nigeria's problems are solvable in 1 year.

That's why you are never happy and cannot appreciate progress when you see it. Your expectations are unrealistic.

No nations has ever achieved all those things you listed overnight . Sustainable development is always slow. It's never a miracle thing.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by SELFWORTH: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
anataala:
your are part of his problem amin

If you have nothing to say why not keep quiet. Do you have to respond to my comment.

God expose all my enemies in Jesus name. Amen
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by ekwurekwu(m): 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
gboyetade: "We will give priority attention in the coming year to flood and erosion control, the rehabilitation and expansion of roads," he said. GEJ also spoke on the issues of employment and security. Nigeria has suffered numerous incidents of kidnappings, armed robbers, and attacks by Boko Haram in 2012.
The Nigerian President closed by urging Nigerians to become more involved in supporting the improvement of the country.

Full Text of the President Jonathan's New Year's message

Fellow Nigerians,

1. I greet and rejoice with you all as we celebrate the advent of a new year.

2. I join you all in giving thanks to God Almighty for bringing us and our beloved nation safely through the past year to the beginning of 2013 which, by His Grace, will be a much better year for us and our country.

3. In keeping with tradition, it is usual for individuals, institutions and organizations to make resolutions and set agenda as a new year begins, to guide their actions in the coming months.

4. I have already given a clear indication of the Federal Government’s agenda for 2013 in recent pronouncements. Our objective for the year is to ensure by all possible means that more of the programmes and projects envisioned by this administration, and which are already being embarked upon are further brought on stream within the next 12 months to meet the yearnings of our people, and raise the quality of life.

5. We have in the last year achieved a lot in terms of the positive transformation of vital sectors of our national life such as public infrastructure, power supply, oil and gas, transportation, education, health and agricultural development. We will continue to work diligently in 2013 to ensure that our efforts in these areas are carried forward to full fruition in fulfillment of our promise of better public services and improved living conditions for all Nigerians.

6. We will give priority attention in the coming year to flood and erosion control, the rehabilitation and expansion of existing federal roads, improved power supply, as well as the continued rehabilitation, upgrading and reactivation of the national rail network.

7. Employment generation and wealth creation will also remain a primary objective of our sociology-economic agenda for 2013. Creating more employment opportunities for our youth and graduates of our universities is an imperative that will continue to underpin our drive for massive economic growth, the rapid expansion of our manufacturing and industrial base, and the productive diversification of our national economy. In this regard, we will continue to provide the necessary enabling environment for the private sector to thrive.

8. As peace and security remain pre-requisite conditions for the full realization of our objectives, we will also do more in 2013 to further empower our security agencies who are working in collaborative partnerships with our friends in the international community to stem the scourge of terrorism in our country and enhance the security of lives and property in all parts of Nigeria.

9. I also want to assure Nigerians that we will refuse to be discouraged by those who have taken it upon themselves to pick on every initiative and effort of this administration. We remain resolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope for human freedom continues to expand. It is an achievement that we will continue to build upon.

10. I say it again, we are determined to continue to push forward. We will do more, not less. We will remain focused.

11.For your part, dear compatriots, I urge that you all include in your new year resolutions a commitment to do more this year to support the implementation of the Federal Government’s Agenda for National Transformation in every possible way. That is all I ask for.

12. The task of making our dear nation a much better place for present and future generations cannot be left to government alone. Leaders and followers alike have critical roles to play in our march towards the fulfillment of our great national potentials.

13. Let us all therefore resolve as we celebrate the new year to place the higher interests of national unity, peace, stability and progress above all other considerations and work harder in our particular fields of human endeavour to contribute more significantly to the attainment of our collective aspirations.

14. I wish you all a happy and rewarding 2013.

15. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President
Federal Republic of Nigeria

http://gboyetade..com/2013/01/president-goodluck-jonathan-goodluck.html

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-goodluck-jonathan%E2%80%99s-new-year-message-nigerians-african-spotlight

Starting to believe in GEJ once again.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Uwakuwak(f): 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
pls, my honoured president, don't include demolition in your 2013 plan. God bless u sir.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Kewt: 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
9. I also want to assure Nigerians that we will refuse to be discouraged by those who have taken it upon themselves to pick on every initiative and effort of this administration. We remain resolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope for human freedom continues to expand. It is an achievement that we will continue to build upon.

Mere rhetorics without specifics.

In all, only paragraph 9 shown above caught my interest. It means he is indeed mindful of his critics. This should hopefully spur him to more action in 2013.. At least he now knows that the luck factor/i-have-no-shoes cry can no longer work for him and he can only win the confidence and trust of Nigerians by delivering on campaign promises!

We wait patiently!
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by musagabasawa(m): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Wishing my country the best of the year 2013, and praying for its leadership the ability to deliver all the promises. May Allah help our leaders and guide them the right way.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by acadasol: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Gej only reads what reuben abati had written.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Faboo5050: 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Based on the wonderful achievement of mr President so far, I strongly believe that the best for Nigeria will be accomplished soon if we can come together irrespective of tribalism or religious inclination and support this dynamic administration.
God bless our dear President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by oludayomi(f): 5:27am On Jan 03, 2013
SELFWORTH:

I knew it was only a matter of time before Boko Haram members joined NL.
grin
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by oludayomi(f): 5:29am On Jan 03, 2013
Faboo5050: Based on the wonderful achievement of mr President so far, I strongly believe that the best for Nigeria will be accomplished soon if we can come together irrespective of tribalism or religious inclination and support this dynamic administration.
God bless our dear President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
tell dat 2  BH.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by DRPYGRU: 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014 Youwin 3 Has Kicked Off...win Up To N10m Free to start your business! / See Complete List Of Political Parties In Nigeria From 1960 Till Date / Keyamo: Obasanjo Using ‘Emi Lo Kan’ Through Obi’s Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.