Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 (11501 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Joe-Okei Odumakin Awarded U.S Woman Of Courage Award For 2013 / Senate Approves 7.9 Billion Dollars Borrowing For 2013!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by cr8v(f): 2:03am On Dec 29, 2012
What Surprise Are You Expecting From President's 2013 New Year Address?

I am not against Mr President but I think he has a lot of surprise package for Nigerians. On the first of January this year, the president announced an increase in the price of petrol. It was unexpected and Nigerians were taken by surprise. The year started with a protest that the opposition tried to hijack to their advantage

Come the Democracy Day broadcast, Mr President also changed the name of UNILAG to MAULAG after the late MKO. Many people including the staff of the university were taken by surprise as they were not contacted before the change. Though the court was later to rule in favour of UNILAG as against MAULAG

Now January 1 is around the corner and Mr President is going to address us again, what surprise should we be expecting?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Nobody: 2:40am On Dec 29, 2012
the sack of alison madueke and the renaming of Aso rock villa to otueke house grin grin

15 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 29, 2012
1.Setting up of more probe panels to probe oda panels.
2. Asking for d prayer of Nigerians for the safety of their leaders(as if they pray for ours)
3. D usual lamentations about subsidy being d bane of our 'transformation'
4. "2013 will be a good year"
5. Hurrying to defend his lack lustre cabinet & aids(Ds Presidency responds to gossips & rumours frm market women).

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Prodigee: 3:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Probably a further increase in pump fuel prices.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by ihedioramma: 4:24am On Dec 29, 2012
TO ME LET HIM ASK US NIGERIAN'S WHAT WE WANT AND DO IT NIGERIAN WILL BE HOLY LAND . IF YOU CAN ASK YOUR PEOPLE WHAT DAY WANT AND DO IT TO THEM I DONT THINK THERE WILL BE MUCH PROBLEM . TWO LET HIM BRING DOWN THE PRICE OF CEMANT TO #800 AND PRICE OF GAS E.T.C TO #50 THIS ARE THE THINGS THAT MAKE PEOPLE WANT TO DO OR DIE . AS BIG AS NIGERIAN HOW CAN ONLY TWO OR THREE BRING IN CEMANT,GAS E.T.C ? TELL ME HOW WILL OTHER PEOPLE BE HAPPY ? LET HIM TRY STOP BOKO HARAM .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Akshow: 6:52am On Dec 29, 2012
I'm expecting answers as to why there is still long queue at filling station which was one of the reason given by the retard for the subsidy removal. I'm expecting to know How many people have been brought to book for all the killings of innocent Xtians in church.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by olenyi: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
To be frank; nothing surprises me anymore. angry

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Hadone(m): 12:11am On Dec 31, 2012
MORE PROMISES WHICH WILL RESULTS HIM TO CHANGE NAME TO
PROMISE EBELE JONATHAN (P.E.J)

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by denzel2009: 12:13am On Dec 31, 2012
Setting up a panel to have Aso rock baby with Patience.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by huninaija(f): 12:16am On Dec 31, 2012
More fresh air and merry bombing!
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by RightYansh: 12:17am On Dec 31, 2012
Setting up a committee to look into the committee that was looking into the committee in charge of the committee of fuel subsidy
Only 2billion naira will be allocated to the important committee

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by vladimiros: 12:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Jonah: Eat ur fried rice peacefully

acn few hours later:JONAH MUST BE IMPEACHED FOR FORCING NIGERIANS TO EAT FRIED RICE NOT YORUBA MADE OFADA RICE

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by TableLeg(m): 12:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Nothing from the Otueke vagabond!
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 31, 2012
A new hat.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by NoiseMaker1: 12:26am On Dec 31, 2012
I wanti d presidenti to provides jobu for d youtu and repair some weaki bridges liki onitsha to asaba bridge
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by jahwin(m): 12:26am On Dec 31, 2012
GEJ has nothing, nothing to offer that can surprise or change the already disappointed Nigerians' mindset
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by mumumugu(m): 12:27am On Dec 31, 2012
I HEREBY RENDER MY RESIGNATION LETTER AS PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2012
I will be expecting when he will own a shoe.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 31, 2012
mumumugu: I HEREBY RENDER MY RESIGNATION LETTER AS PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Cool, even ur name resemble him own.grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Uchenna42(m): 12:31am On Dec 31, 2012
undecidedSetting different useless Commitees...that's what he is good at.....

And who knws...he might also remove subsidy......again

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by virtual7(m): 12:36am On Dec 31, 2012
Expecting his wife to improve her English language command of words.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Mustymohd2: 12:39am On Dec 31, 2012
air traffic light & yellow fever
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by YoursGEJ(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2012
his IQ only lowers to 60 instead of expected 40. retardeen
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by HARDDON: 12:44am On Dec 31, 2012
Beats ma imagination.... Buh i cross ma fingers and hope to God to direct
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by 1shortblackboy: 12:47am On Dec 31, 2012
Make una go sleep abeg. usless topic
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by taharqa: 12:50am On Dec 31, 2012
Make all of una go SLEEP. It is already Dark, and there are many terrors lunking around...
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by purplekayc(m): 12:51am On Dec 31, 2012
NONE
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by taharqa: 12:52am On Dec 31, 2012
cr8v: What Surprise Are You Expecting From President's 2013 New Year Address?

I am not against Mr President but I think he has a lot of surprise package for Nigerians. On the first of January this year, the president announced an increase in the price of petrol. It was unexpected and Nigerians were taken by surprise. The year started with a protest that the opposition tried to hijack to their advantage

Come the Democracy Day broadcast, Mr President also changed the name of UNILAG to MAULAG after the late MKO. Many people including the staff of the university were taken by surprise as they were not contacted before the change. Though the court was later to rule in favour of UNILAG as against MAULAG

Now January 1 is around the corner and Mr President is going to address us again, what surprise should we be expecting?

Hehehehehehe grin.........

Who told you that a court has reversed the name, lol? Na MAULAG e still be oh.. grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by SisiKill1: 12:53am On Dec 31, 2012
Nigerians - A Case Study on the Malignant optimism of The Abused

People refuse to believe that some questions are unsolvable, some diseases incurable, some disasters inevitable. Some situations unchangeable.

They see a sign of hope in every fluctuation. They read meaning and patterns into every random occurrence, utterance, or slip.

They are deceived by their own pressing need to believe in the ultimate victory of good over evil, health over sickness, order over disorder.

Life appears otherwise so meaningless, so unjust and so arbitrary...

So, they impose upon it a design, progress, aims, and paths.

This is magical thinking.

"If only we believed enough",

"If we only can change our attitudes",

"If only we found the right therapy",

"There MUST be something good and worthy under the hideous facade",

"NO ONE can be that evil and destructive",

"He must have meant it differently"

"God, or a higher being, or the spirit, or the soul is the solution and the answer to our prayers"

The Pollyanna defences of the abused are aimed against the emerging and horrible understanding that humans are specks of dust in a totally indifferent universe, the playthings of evil and sadistic forces, of which the narcissist is one - as well as against the unbearable realization that their pain means nothing to anyone but themselves. Nothing whatsoever. It has all been in vain.

The narcissist holds such thinking in barely undisguised contempt. To him, it is a sign of weakness, the scent of prey, a gaping vulnerability.

He uses and abuses this human need for order, good, and meaning - as he uses and abuses all other human needs. Gullibility, selective blindness, malignant optimism - these are the weapons of the beast.

And the abused are hard at work to provide it with its arsenal.

Lord Have Mercy! undecided

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 31, 2012
I already know him inside out, with him........no surprises really. I know his capacity and that of his advisers.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by yuzedo: 12:55am On Dec 31, 2012
Budget for the supply of free punny to every Nigerian home as entrenched in the 1999 2014 Constitution! angry

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 by anitank(f): 12:57am On Dec 31, 2012
He could wake up on New Year day to tell us Nigeria has been sold to China undecided

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Really Killed Bola Ige? / Buhari Departs For Addis Ababa For 30th AU Summit / The Amina Zakari Wahala - By Naptu2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.